It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next
 Personal Trainer's Thread [Gen 1 - Gen 6] 
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
zPIRATED wrote:
Level 10 {medicham} ?!

Thats what I wanna see and battle !

Yes, though that's special curcumstances & it isn't really impossible as there are plenty of pokemon that are evolved but can be encountered at LVs that are before the previous evolution's LV of evolution...that being said, while medicham isn't 1 of them, I decided to make a acception as there was nothing else for him that fitted the situation so...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:51 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This:

Name: Chief
Type: Dark and Dragon
Reward: Choose one of Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup egg (20000 Poke when rematch)
Bio: He was came from Sinnoh and had traveled Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and also Isshu. He was very diappointed when traveled around the world but he hasn't seen any Dark-type Gym, because he like Dark Type, but there're Dragon gym, so he was very happy about that. Strangely, he can share the battle spirit to his opponent and make a tensed battle.
Appearance: Wearing a teared-black jacket and dark-blue shirt, black trousers and Blue Cap.
Pokemon:

{tyranitar} L80 M
@None / Sand Stream
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Dark Pulse
-Ice fang

{flygon} L80 M
@Soft Sand / Levitate
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Claw

{skuntank} L84 M
@Poison Barb / Aftermath
-Night Slash
-Flamethrower
-Poison Jab
-Toxic

{charizard} L84 M
@Charcoal / Blaze
-ThunderPunch
-Dragon Claw
-Dragon Rush
-Flare Blitz

{garchomp} L86 M
@Sitrus Berry / Sand Veil
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Draco Meteor
-Outrage

Sazandora(the psuedo-legendary from Isshu, like Hydra) L90 M
@Dragon Fang / Levitate
-Outrage
-Crunch
-Dragon Rush
-Fly

Rematch:
{tyranitar} L89 M
@Hard Stone / Sand Stream
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Dark Pulse
-Ice fang

{flygon} L90 M
@Soft Sand / Levitate
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Claw

{skuntank} L93 M
@Poison Barb / Aftermath
-Night Slash
-Flamethrower
-Poison Jab
-Toxic

{charizard} L97 M
@Charcoal / Blaze
-ThunderPunch
-Dragon Claw
-Dragon Rush
-Flare Blitz

{garchomp} L95 M
@Sitrus Berry / Sand Veil
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Draco Meteor
-Outrage

Sazandora(the psuedo-legendary from Isshu, like Hydra) L98 M
@Dragon Fang / Levitate
-Outrage
-Crunch
-Dragon Rush
-Fly

Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:13 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Kanto Region, FRLG

#1 Captain Arian (Flying)
a retired pilot, he loves to fly with his Pokemon in the weekends
Image Image Image Image Image Image

#2 Evan (bug+ghost)
a bug catcher who decides to come to the darkside, his team is sure annoying

#3 Victor (fighting+ground)
a professional kickboxer, rumor says he trains his Pokemon by fighting them himself

#4 Winnie (normal+psychic)
a young little girl who raises her Pokemon with care and kindness, expert at winning pokemon's heart, watch out for the move return

Champion Sophia (various types)
a pokemon collector with the vast knowledge and love of battling, she just graduate from college and help developing the pokedex

Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:05 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Maybe give us more description? Like movepool, etc

Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:39 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

@ Infernape77 = really "great work" on what is this thread's first 5th Gen Trainer at all, even if he only has 1 Isshu pokemon...I know I said I wouldn't look at any of the 5th Gen ones but I did so meh...

@ hattqv = I really like Champion Sophia's party...& I also like how unique every 1 of your Elite 4 member's theme is quite literally...I won't go on about Girafarig being both of Winnie's themed types cause it doesn't matter to me...

@ zPIRATED = hattqv most likely doesn't have them though out yet...I do hope that he thinks of them though in the future...

Lastly, who else thinks that Arcanine's Gen 5 sprite is not only like a small redesigning of it but also looks amazing?...

Name = Aegis / Gym Leader #2
Gender = Female
Region = Unknown Region #1
----------
Background = She is the daughter of the former village elder & is a well trained Kunoichi herself...with the passing of the previous village elder, the village elder system became no more as she refused the oppotunity to be in this position when given it...she trains pokemon trainers in the arts of the Shinobi in her own Gym now & takes care of the village as if she was in charge...she's only 16 & does all the work a leader of a village should on top of everything else...her attire is what to be expected of a Kunoichi & is black mainly with purple highlights like her hair...She loves bees & they make up her team for the most part...
----------
Theme or Type = Poison & Bug (Bug is just here cause of her pokemon being primarily Bug Types as well)
----------
Pokemon Team (1st Visit);

{dustox} / Female / LV14 / Shield Dust
Moveset = Poison Sting / Gust / Toxic / U-Turn

{spinarak} / Female / LV15 / Insonmia
Moveset = Leech Life / Pursuit / Poison Jab / Baton Pass

{beedrill} / Female / LV16 / Swarm
Moveset = Twineedle / Double Team / U-Turn / Toxic

----------
Pokemon Team (Rematch);

{beedrill} / Female / LV61 / Swarm
Moveset = U-Turn / Toxic Spikes / Twineedle / Endure
Item = Custap Berry

{toxicroak} / Male / LV62 / Dry Skin
Moveset = Rain Dance / Cross Chop / Gunk Shot / Super Fang
Item = Black Sludge

{qwilfish} / Male / LV62 / Poison Point
Moveset = Toxic Spikes / Rain Dance / Poison Jab / Explosion
Item = Focus Sash

{vespiquen} / Female / LV63 / Pressure
Moveset = U-Turn / Heal Order / Attack Order / Toxic
Item = Leftovers

{seviper} / Female / LV63 / Shed Skin
Moveset = Flamethrower / Poison Fang / Crunch / Screech
Item = Liechi Berry

{drapion} / Male / LV64 / Sniper
Moveset = Cross Poison / Earthquake / Toxic Spikes / Whirlwind
Item = Scope Lens

----------
Strategy = She has a very simple stradegy for those who challenge her, poison & run & it's her pokemon's high point. First she uses Dustox, her currently only Defensive pokemon to Poison your pokemon & then use U-Turn to switch to Spinarak who then will Poison Jab abuse or Beedrill who then will use Twineedle & after that Double Team if needed...if either is in trouble upon the switch it will U-Turn/Baton Pass respectively to escape...Spinarak will use Pursuit like any other pokemon does...to try to make you pay for substitutions with HPs...that's pretty much it with her...
----------
Strategy (Rematch) = Her rematch strategy is all about mainly Poisoning your pokemon & also countering your Steel Types that may counter her though she doesn't put too much effort into this as you can see...First off is Beedrill & as she has a mini colony of them at her disposal, this 1 is not the same 1 she used in her gym match & who's only role really is to get some Toxic Spikes up & then U-Turn out of dodge if it even lasts that long & also has Twineedle to poison you with as well & Endure to in the case it is at a speed disadvantage get to use it's Custap Berry to ensure it gets the first move next turn which will mostly be to set up Toxic Spikes or in rare cases U-Turn to get out of dodge, next is Toxicroak is 1 of the biggest threats on her team but has a Fire weakness thanks to the ability "Dry Skin" but does come out swinging after using the first turn to set up Rain Dance if it is a smart idea that is & if not goes straight on to the attack which will be either Cross Chop for Steel Types, Gunk Shot otherwise offensively or Super Fang for targets with a lot of HP or high DEF & also against pokemon who are currently Poisoned if it is necessary, next is Qwilfish who is a pain to stop from poisoning your Non-Steel Type pokemon as it has the ability "Poison Point" then it has the moves Toxic Spikes & even Poison Jab & if faced with a Steel Type will if Toxicroak is alive use Rain Dance upon entering to set up into it by using Explode after Rain Dance but otherwise will just explode if faced with a Steel Type, next is Vespiquen which is her second favorite pokemon & only has Toxic to poison your pokemon & has Attack Order & Heal Order for obvious reasons but has U-Turn for rare circumstances where she feels it would be best to switch & is able to without fainting first by means of an attack that would defeat Vespiquen with it's current HP, next is Seviper who has the most unique counter to Steel Types of her entire team in the form of Flamethrower & won't hesitate to use it if it should come to that of course but also has screech which can help it then come with overwhelming force via the moves Crunch or Poison Tail, the latter having a 30% chance to Toxic Poison your pokemon so be careful of this, lastly though is her Trump Card which shockingly isn't a Bee pokemon but a Scorpion pokemon known as Drapion who comes out swinging for Critical Hits & I mean literally as it has the Item Scope Lens to further the chances of this happening & also has Cross Poison which has a high critical hit ratio itself on top of the ability Snipe to make each Critical Hit something special, x3 special & the other 3 moves are for well, Earthquake is for Steel Types & Toxic Spikes & Whirlwind are for if she decides to use it early on to lay out some Toxic Spikes or just flat out goes on a Whirlwind rampage after 2 sets of Toxic Spikes have been set to well, Poison as many pokemon as possible before Drapion gets too weak...she is a strange 1 when it comes to battles so she is very unpredictable & likes to set up more then anything...
----------
Aftermath = Hornet Badge / TM for U-Turn / $4500 Pokedollars
----------
Aftermath (Rematch) = $9000 Pokedollars / Unlocks TM for U-Turn at Poke' Mart/Dept. Store locations

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Last edited by Lawence Codye on Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:21 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The First Gym

Permafrost Gym

Youngster ? Christine

Battle Start: You think you can compare to the beauty of ice?

Win: And another one succumbed to the storm.

Lose: Ice isn't the only thing that's beautiful...

{cloyster} | LV9 - Ability: Skill Link
Spike Cannon
Icycle Spear
Protect
Toxic Spikes
Held Item = NeverMeltIce

{swinub} | LV7 - Ability: Snow Cloak
Odor Sleuth
Tackle
Mud Sport
Hail
Held Item = Icy Rock

{smoochum} | LV7 - Ability: Forewarn
Pound
Lick
Hail
Double Team
Held Item = Icy Rock

{spheal} | LV8 - Ability: Ice Body
Powder Snow
Encore
Defense Curl
Hail
Held Item = Icy Rock

{glaceon} | LV10 - Ability: Snow Cloak
Tail Whip
Tackle
Sand-Attack
Hail
Held Item = Icy Rock

Aftermath: 123

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Last edited by Kaori Sakura on Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:51 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

For Sneasel, you put Hail twice.
I like this Gym, although my team will defeat you!
I still have yet to think up mine. Maybe tomorrow?

Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

torchie13125 wrote:
For Sneasel, you put Hail twice.
I like this Gym, although my team will defeat you!
I still have yet to think up mine. Maybe tomorrow?

Fixed, and thank you very much for noticing my error.

I like to look at it from a perspective of a player playing through the game for the first time. I actually wish I knew how to hack and program emulators just so I could create my own Gym leaders, trainers and Elite 4 (etc., etc., etc.) so I could face these challenges. Maybe even connect all the regions together to face what other creations I notice and would love to face.

Can't wait to see yours.

Also, this is the 1st of the eight Gyms I'm creating, as well as the protagonist (Dream Trainer), her two closest friends at the start of her adventure, and her and her friends' Rivals.

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The Second Gym

Nebulous Gym

Youngster ? Allison

Battle Start: Welcome to your worst fears.

Win: Swallowed up by darkness!

Lose: Seems like you can overcome your fears.

{umbreon} | LV21 - Ability: Synchronize
Sand-Attack
Tail Whip
Tackle
Pursuit
Held Item = Dark Plate

{murkrow} | LV21 - Ability: Super Luck
Night Shade
Wing Attack
Haze
Pursuit
Held Item = Scope Lens

Aftermath: 126

Last edited by Kaori Sakura on Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:22 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Kaori , a lil opinion I have. From both your Gyms , you are using pre leveled Pokemon .
No worries on that , but just .. did you consider and calculate the Pokemon's stats and all ? It could be too tough for the player to pass if its stats exceed..

Like how {cloyster} has a high defense , maybe too high for a player. Especially first timers.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Before I respond to that, I'm at a little loss for what you mean by 'pre-leveled' Poke'Mon. Could you elaborate on that so I can have a better understanding of what you meant, please?

Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:00 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Pokemon that aren't suppose to be at the level . Though you don't have that many .. but you do have lots of Pokemon that might be too strong to counter.

Eg : {glaceon}
For a 1st Gym , if you dont pick your fire starter hell I doubt is any fire Pokemon out there in the wild for the first 2-3 routes.

And also , some of the moves .. don't ya think a lil' too much for a first Gym?

Eg : Spike Cannon.

Final point , for a first Gym , 6on6 .. too much not?

Edit : The Gym to me , probably wont be much. For you too. Why ?

WE'RE CRAZY OVER GRINDERS XD [ FROM NUZLOCKE POSTS ]

But for the new ones who buy the game [ you know , most childs like to get the latest versions first ] and have not Pokemon'd before , probably too much dont you think?

Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:30 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thank you for elaborating! ^-^ I really appreciate it. Now, onto my response: >.>

The Poke'Mon there are the correct level for each Gym, for each evolutionary stage and for the moves that they know.

As for the difficulty in moves known and number of Poke'Mon, I think it's fair. Or rather, unfair for you (the protagonist) to be the only jerk in the game to waltz around with six Poke'Mon (with the exception of your rival or the champion depending on which generation you're playing), EV train your Poke'Mon, and use items (such as healing items, battle items, held items, revive items, etc.). I think it's a pretty equal playing field. Plus, it just makes sense to me.

A Gym Leader is a stepping stone in a Trainer's career. That said, it's common place for one to overcome one, but a Gym Leader doesn't gain such a title for being a push over. When you acquire a badge, it's a sign of recognition; of achievement. A Gym Leader faces many Trainer's and throughout the game you find lots of Trainer's awing at your badges or complaining that they haven't won at a Gym yet. Why? Gym Leaders are tough, smart and relatively, kick butt like no other. They have amazing strategies and powerful Poke'Mon to show who they are. So, I like to make it feel like that. When you overcome such a challenge, you should turn to your friend and boast about it. Your friend should also either be amazed on compliment you on it. Why? 'Cause you just freakin' beat Loralie!

As for the Poke'Mon I chose for them, it's rather simple. Yeah, I agree. Poke'Mon like {glaceon} seems like an over-the-top choice for a 1st Gym, but let's take a second look at it. It doesn't excel at defense. It also only is resistant to Ice. It's also weak to more than just fire. It's also weak to rock, fighting and steel. Also, most other Poke'Mon have double weakness to certain types. Rock and Fighting type moves are common so this gives you an advantage over the first Gym. Bug Poke'Mon are also common early in all games, giving you an advantage over the second Gym. Also, if you look at Loralie's background, she intentionally places her Gym at her hometown, which is near a volcano. This indicates that Fire Poke'Mon are commonplace in the area. The only thing I really see as tough is their movesets, which I did intentionally to relate a bit more to what a Gym Leader is meant to be.

All in all, realistically, Trainer's would walk around with six Poke'Mon, would have at least decent strategies and spend are few TM's here and there on their Poke'Mon they actually use. Let's face it: We may have just started our Poke'Mon adventure, but the Gym itself has been there for how long? Yeah, I think a bit of preparation is needed before I walk in and grab myself a badge.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:20 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thanks for pointing that out, haha .

Your gym would be simple for grinderholics like us but was just worried for the newbies who just started and don't know shyt bout EVs , etc.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:06 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

@ Kaori Sakura & zPIRATED = Okay um yeah, I have my 2 cents to add & it is what is below...

The only problems of sorts I see with the gyms are well, "Scope Lens" & the pokemon "Spiritomb" which poses more of a threat at lower levels imo especially having Murkrow with the ability Super Luck makes Critical Hits far too easy to pull off for how early it is in the game & Night Slash just makes it worse where it is at almost 50%...what this means is that this will happen more often then even Discharges chance to Paralysis a target which that example is already almost too extreme in itself as it is as discharge has a 30% chance to cause Paralysis now imagine that effect but it being Critical Hits instead & also, I don't have a problem with the pokemon cause most likely there are pokemon & scenarios in the region that prepare you for whatever the pokemon & attacks may be like in most actual pokemon games...

In short, Murkrow having Night Slash is my only big gripe really as Spiritomb isn't that big of a deal I am assuming & at least Honchkrow & all the other pokemon with the item Scope Lens only relay on it alone for increases their chances I mean Honchkrow has Super Luck but so be it I mean it's one pokemon & doesn't even have any really strong moves to begin with so that's fine too, that being said this is your own made up gym so if the pokemon themselves are too powerful then sour grapes really as their isn't much to choose from for a challenge with the Dark & Ice Types anyhow...

& To be fair though I did give Medicham to my first Gym Leader but to be fair there, there is a haunted train you can see prior to the gym to get you a Gastly & or Haunter to pretty much glide right through that Gym & you will be at a higher level by that point in the story anyway for once so...

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:49 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Kaori Sakura wrote:
Nebulous Gym (2nd Gym)

Youngster ? Allison

Battle Start: Welcome to your worst fears.

Win: Swallowed up by darkness!

Lose: Seems like you can overcome your fears.

{umbreon} | LV21 - Ability: Synchronize
Sand-Attack
Tail Whip
Tackle
Pursuit
Held Item = Dark Plate

{murkrow} | LV21 - Ability: Super Luck
Night Shade
Wing Attack
Haze
Pursuit
Held Item = Scope Lens

Aftermath: 126

Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:41 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence Codye wrote:
@ Kaori Sakura & zPIRATED = Okay um yeah, I have my 2 cents to add & it is what is below...

The only problems of sorts I see with the gyms are well, "Scope Lens" & the pokemon "Spiritomb" which poses more of a threat at lower levels imo especially having Murkrow with the ability Super Luck makes Critical Hits far too easy to pull off for how early it is in the game & Night Slash just makes it worse where it is at almost 50%...what this means is that this will happen more often then even Discharges chance to Paralysis a target which that example is already almost too extreme in itself as it is as discharge has a 30% chance to cause Paralysis now imagine that effect but it being Critical Hits instead & also, I don't have a problem with the pokemon cause most likely there are pokemon & scenarios in the region that prepare you for whatever the pokemon & attacks may be like in most actual pokemon games...

The highest critical hit ratio in this Gym is 25%. This being {murkrow} , {honchkrow} , {absol} , and any Poke'Mon there that uses Focus Energy. The turn it takes to use Focus Energy itself I think compensates for the change in critical hit ratio going from 12.5% to 25%. The other being compensated for it being their Poke'Mon ability and therefore gives them no other advantages.

About Night Slash, I agree that it would be crazy if a LV20ish Gym had a Poke'Mon like {murkrow} or {honchkrow} walking into a battle with a 33.5% critical hit ratio and beating you down with an incredible attack like that. However, I believe you misread. {murkrow} does not have Night Slash. It can't learn it within those levels so I didn't give it such a move. Instead it has Night Shade, the ghost move based on LV for damage.

I do appreciate your insight on this however as from what I've seen of you so far in the forums, I have a lot of respect for your opinion.

torchie13125 wrote:
You did it again! You forgot Roar!
And I still can't think. Do you mind if I double post?

Thank you! <.< This is what I get for working into dawn on these Gyms right after work. Fixed it.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:21 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
@ hattqv = I really like Champion Sophia's party...& I also like how unique every 1 of your Elite 4 member's theme is quite literally...I won't go on about Girafarig being both of Winnie's themed types cause it doesn't matter to me...

@ zPIRATED = hattqv most likely doesn't have them though out yet...I do hope that he thinks of them though in the future...

help me write a movesets for Sophia plz, i like her team too

im not good at writing movesets btw so, peace ^^

hattqv wrote:
Kanto Region, FRLG

a retired pilot, he loves to fly with his Pokemon in the weekends

#2 Evan (bug+ghost)
a bug catcher who decides to come to the darkside, his team is sure annoying

a professional kickboxer, rumor says he trains his Pokemon by fighting them himself

a young little girl who raises her Pokemon with care and kindness, expert at winning pokemon's heart, watch out for the move return

a pokemon collector with the vast knowledge and love of battling, she just graduate from college and help developing the pokedex

this time i did a league rematch includin movesets ^^
Kanto Region, FRLG

{skarmory} spikes/drill peck/rest/whirlwind
{crobat} aerial ace/toxic/substitute/protect
{swellow} substitute/endeavor/quick attack/aerial ace
{gyarados} double edge/earthquake/hydro pump/dragon dance
{noctowl} psychic/hypnosis/whirlwind/refect
{salamence} earthquake/rockslide/dragon dance/dragon claw

#2 Evan (bug+ghost)
{ninjask} substitute/sword dance/silver wind/baton pass
{shuckle} defense curl/rollout/rest/toxic
{sableye} seismic toss/toxic/knock off/recover
{banette} shadow ball/knock off/snatch/toxic
{scizor} sword dance/silver wind/steel wing/counter
{dusclops} rest/sleep talk/shadow ball/will-o-wisp

{blaziken} sky uppercut/rock slide/overheat/earthquake
{donphan} earthquake/rest/rock slide/rapid spin
{medicham} brick break/shadow ball/fake out/rock slide
{steelix} earthquake/toxic/roar/explosion
{hariyama} rest/sleep talk/cross chop/whirlwind
{swampert} curse/earthquake/ice beam/surf

{girafarig} calm mind/wish/substitute/baton pass
{granbull} bulk up/return/shadow ball/rest
{claydol} earthquake/light screen/reflect/explosion
{zangoose} return/brick break/shadow ball/flail
{ursaring} rest/sleep talk/return/earthquake
{metagross} meteor mash/earthquake/explosion/agility

{absol} swords dance/substitute/baton pass/bite
{ampharos} thunderbolt/thunderwave/substitute/focus punch
{sceptile} leaf blade/leech seed/substitute/toxic
{kingdra} rain dance/surf/ice beam/toxic
{arcanine} extremespeed/crunch/fire blast/substitute
{gardevoir} calm mind/psychic/hypnosis/thunderbolt

Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:11 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Kaori Sakura wrote:
The highest critical hit ratio in this Gym is 25%. This being {murkrow} , {honchkrow} , {absol} , and any Poke'Mon there that uses Focus Energy. The turn it takes to use Focus Energy itself I think compensates for the change in critical hit ratio going from 12.5% to 25%. The other being compensated for it being their Poke'Mon ability and therefore gives them no other advantages.

About Night Slash, I agree that it would be crazy if a LV20ish Gym had a Poke'Mon like murkrow or honchkrow walking into a battle with a 33.5% critical hit ratio and beating you down with an incredible attack like that. However, I believe you misread. murkrow does not have Night Slash. It can't learn it within those levels so I didn't give it such a move. Instead it has Night Shade, the ghost move based on LV for damage.

I do appreciate your insight on this however as from what I've seen of you so far in the forums, I have a lot of respect for your opinion.

Oh wow, my bad...I will admit that I didn't look that hard as I simply forgot that Murkrow could even learn "Night Shade" however, I also say that in that case then there isn't any "problems" with your Gym as I already know that Super Luck plus Scope Lens doesn't provide much of a chance for a Critical Hit & I didn't really ever state anything about Focus Energy so again, my bad & really? Thanks...

hattqv wrote:
help me write a movesets for Sophia plz, i like her team too

im not good at writing movesets btw so, peace ^^

Oh well, I would like to help however, if you want to give her pokemon movesets then that's for you to do, not me...what I do is, I look at the pokemon's base stats & determine what I want the pokemon's strategy to be like for my Closyter that I have on a Gym Leader I haven't moved to this thread yet, it's moveset abuses it's ability Skill Link quite literally & all of it's attacks are physical as it has High ATK but unworthy SPATK & I gave it Clamp to not only trap opponent's pokemon in but also for the physical STAB as it was the best I could do from it's moveset which isn't really too physical to begin with, I came up with this however by getting a sheet of paper or opening a blank document in a Microsoft Word kind of program & simply putting every attack I wanted to consider giving the pokemon at all regardless of why I wanted it there & then like I always do, I pick 1 attack of each of the pokemon's type for STAB & then use the other 2 to 3 slots to mold the moveset into 1 that will provide a justified strategy for the trainer("you" who challenges him/her) & also 1 that works with the theme & or team that the Gym Leader battles you with & lastly I also put the Gym Leader's personality into his/her strategy as well which instantly gives me options that work well enough(ingame anyway), hope this helps you a little bit...

& finally, I didn't want to have to say this but, unless you are doing it in a post where you actually post trainers & it's in the Pokemon Team portion of the post, please avoid using the Pokemon Icons too much as it slows down the page's loading speed & also makes everyone's post alot longer then they should be & when quoting, please only quote the part/sentence you actually are responding to as I do, just saying...

Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

@hattqv

I still cant stop laughing [ not literally ] at how Arian's first team seem more ownage then that of Sophia XD

I'll work on your move pool right now , hope no one mind's the double post.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

hattqv wrote:
#1 Captain Arian [ Flying ]
{golbat} {pidgeot} {charizard} {gyarados} {aerodactyl} {dragonite}

{golbat} @Quick Claw
Mean Look
Nasty Plot
Air Slash
U-turn

Strategist : Start off with Mean Look , to give you a higher chance to outspeed faster opponents would be using a Quick Claw. Locking your opponent in to prevent type-advantage switches. Try to endure up to 2-3 hits from your opponent to use Nasty Plot at least 2 times for the attack raise . Air Slash should do a bit of damage by now . If successfully take down an opponent , he would naturally switch to something to his advantage , take this chance to use U-turn , causing damage and switching out to something of your advantage.

{pidgeot} @Leftovers
Featherdance
Roost
Steel Wing
Aerial Ace

Strategist : Kick off using Featherdance to drop the users's attack. Steel Wing if Flying moves don't work for Pokemon eg. {golem} or any Rock Types. Roost when necessary , healing enough health along with the leftovers each turn. Aerial Ace even if it only does ample damage since it always hits so chances of missing are 0%.

[ Pidgeot doesn't have much move choices , I would highly recommend you to swap it with a Staraptor which I will post out of the quote ]

{charizard} @Life Orb
Air Slash
Flamethrower
Seismic Toss / Steel Wing
Overheat / Blast Burn

Strategist : Charizard's base SPA should be relatively high if I ain't wrong. This combo along with Life Orb is sure to pack a punch against any Normal , Flying , Grass , or any types that Fire moves do Neutral / Super Effective damage. For type coverage against Rock / Water , Seismic Toss would be a better choice in my opinion due to the fact it does quite good damage against the opponent cos of its effect to cause same damage to an opponent based on level. While Steel Wing isn't that bad but against Water types , it doesn't really do much. Air Slash against fighting types and Flamethrower. If you think Charizard won't last much longer , go ahead and Overheat / Blast Burn to wrap things up to either cause a KO or Brutal damage.

{gyarados} @Leftovers
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Earthquake
Giga Impact

Strategist : Thanks to Gyarados's high Attack + DDs boost, physical moves fit better but because of his weakness to Electric types , Earthquake is a decent move although its a SPA cause there ain't much Ground Moves out there. Giga Impact against anything else resistant to Ground / Water that you think needs to be ridden off quickly. Although if GI fails to KO , your probably gonna get hit by something hard and die next turn.

{aerodactyl} @Focus Sash / Leftovers
Stealth Rock
Double Edge
Wing Attack
Stone Edge

Strategist : Standard SR startoff using a Aerodactyl. Double Edge as much as you want , recoil isn't a problem thanks to Rock Head.Wing Attack / Stone Edge depending on type variation. Nothing much to talk about here.. Focus Sash if you think you would use Aerodactyl against a stronger opponent to let him get going. Otherwise use Leftovers for recovery each turn.

{dragonite} @Leftovers / Focus Sash / Life Orb
Dragon Dance / Thunderwave
Thunderbolt
Waterfall
Outrage

Strategist : Standard movepool on Dragonites I use. Dragon Dance if you didn't pick Life Orb for the extra boost or go with Thunderwave if you picked the other 2. Thunderbolt / Waterfall are standard moves for almost every Dragonite [ am I wrong? ] and Outrage for type coverage and beastly damage.

Gonna work on your Elite 2 soon :D

As promised , the Staraptor is here :

{staraptor} @Leftovers
Roost
Aerial Ace
Brave Bird
Close Combat

Strategist : Close Combat sure packs a punch against more types then Steel Wing and you know when to use Roost dont'ya? Unlike Pidgeot , I prefer movepools from Staraptor for idk what reason. I would still recommend him although the movepools on Pidgeot may seem nicer thanks to Featherdance and all. But when I use Staraptor , I always let him do as much damage as possible.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

hattqv wrote:
#2 Evan [ Bug + Ghost ]
{butterfree} {beedrill} {haunter} {pinsir} {scyther} {gengar}

{butterfree} @Leftovers
Sleep Powder
Psybeam
Silver Wind
Giga Drain

Strategist : Sleep Powder is a standard move for Butterfree to keep its opponents at bay and trys to KO them in the process if no switching occurs. [ Which is seldom unless its a Blissey or smth ] Psybeam isnt really that much of a powerful move but its better then Confusion at least.Not much to say bout Silver Wind though. Giga Drain is pretty useful to absorb some extra HP and do some not so bad damage there.

Overall , I wouldn't keep a Butterfree as one of my strongest Pokemon but heck , since its a NPC , cant criticise much there can I?

{beedrill} @Life Orb
Swords Dance
X-Scissor
Poison Jab
Aerial Ace

Strategist : Beedril starts off Sword Dance to increase its attack from a base of 25x to 5xx [ am I right here? ] and with LO , it becomes about 6xx. Due to the fragileness of Beedrill , Focus Sash wont do much anyway so might as well let him do as much as he can before dying off. X Scissor and Poison Jab are not that bad STAB moves and Aerial Ace for attacking against Grass / Bug types that Beedrill doesn't have much to attack on. Brick Break might be another choice for Rocks and Steel but I personally wont really use it anyway.

Yet another Pokemon I wont keep for a League battle.

{haunter} @Life Orb
Hypnosis
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Thunderbolt

Strategist : Since Haunter is a SPAttcker not a Phsyical one , all his moves have to be more or less SPA to do as much as he can as I personally don't find him as bulky as maybe even a Gengar? So anyway , Hypnosis to slay his opponents and cause them as much damage and KO as much as he can. Shadow Ball , Energy Ball & Thunderbolt don't have much reason behind it , basically for type coverage , thats all.

{pinsir} @Salac Berry
Hidden Power [Bug]
Earthquake
Sword Dance
Rock Slide

Strategist : Pinsir isnt that bad and is what I call a baby {heracross} due to the lack of Megahorn and decent Stab moves. Their stats are pretty much similar to me. Swords Dance for an attack boost and Earthquake / Hidden Power for decent damage. HP Bug is for type coverage against Psychics. [ WHO KNOWS WHEN YOUR GONNA MEET ONE ! ] And Rock Slide for flying coverage.

Pinsir aint that bad to me I guess..

{scyther} @Leftovers
Swords Dance
Silver Wind
Aerial Ace
Baton Pass

Strategist : Almost every Pokemon in the insect family uses Swords Dance , despite Scythers great attack and speed , he lacks defense which is why he needs to do enough damage to survive in order to do max damage using his STAB moves. When shyt happens , Baton Pass to a Pokemon more desirable of the boost and tear the enemy apart.

{gengar} @Life Orb
Substitute
Pain Split
Shadowball
Thunderbolt

Strategist : Substitute + Pain Split = BEAST . I've used him on lots of Competitve battling and man Gengar is nearly impossible to wall. Even a Blissey just cries to that.
Shadowball and Thunderbolt are basically for type coverage only but most of the time , SubSplit tends to do more then enough damage. Definitely one of the most beast combos I've yet to use.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Generation: 4
Region: Johto ~ Town of Champions
Name: Lavir (Rival spelled backwards XD)

The idea behind this guy is kind of unique to me, he is a UU tier user that bounces idiots from his home. He comes from a small community that is between Victory Road and the Elite 4. So this small town sees a lot of powerful trainers come through, and some of them are not as classy as others and can cause mischief. So he is basically the town guardian, he lives in solitude and not a ton is known about him other than he uses seemingly weak pokemon to defeat the most powerful trainers that come through and cause problems. Since the pokemon that he uses are not as common of a fight as the OU ones, he can catch trainers off guard if they are not skilled enough to understand what is going on.

His UU team of choice:

Ambipom {ambipom} @ Silk Scarf
Male - Level 88

~ Fake Out
~ Taunt
~ Return
~ Low Kick

Absol {absol} @ Life Orb
Male - Level 82

~ Swords Dance
~ Sucker Punch
~ Super Power
~ Night Slash

Swellow {swellow} @ Toxic Orb
Female - Level 80

~ Facade
~ Brave Bird
~ U-Turn
~ Pursuit

Slowbro {slowbro} @ Leftovers
Male - Level 84

~ Slack Off
~ Surf
~ Psychic
~ Toxic

Ludicolo {ludicolo} @ Life Orb
Male - Level 84

~ Rain Dance
~ Surf
~ Energy Ball
~ Ice Beam

Houndoom {houndoom} @ Life Orb
Female - Level 84

~ Nasty Plot
~ Flamethrower
~ Dark Pulse
~ Sucker Punch

Overwhelming speed and power combined with the pokemon levels that Red has make him a difficult opponent to beat if you come across him.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:29 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Just noticed you were only asking for Sophia's .. heh. If you want me to continue posting movepools of the other remaining 2 just hit me up :]

hattqv wrote:
{dugtrio} {venusaur} {lapras} {jolteon} {arcanine} {alakazam}

{dugtrio} @Focus Sash
Sucker Punch
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Night Slash

Strategist :
Dugtrio's high speed + Arena Trap ability makes it a decent attacker. Earthquake is it's standard move and Night Slash lets it hit Levitators as most of them can easily survive a Sucker Punc.Stone Edge deals with Flying types that EQ cant hit.

{venusaur} @Life Orb
Leaf Storm
Sludge Bomb
Sleep Powder
Synthesis

Strategist :
Leaf Storm = Venusaur's strongest move. Sludgebomb is nearly the same aside from the fact LS drops the user's SPA by quite abit. Sleep Powder away to switch to something of Venusaur's strength to deal with Pokemon he cant do much on. Synthesis to heal from damage taken from previous turns to make the opponent cry to Venusaur's everlasting health.

{lapras} @Leftovers
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Sing
Surf

Strategist :
You know whats Sing for do you? Ice Beam on Grass Types that pose a threat to Lapras and Surf against anything that burns and Pokemon that Tbolt only does neutral damage. Thunderbolt on other Water types you may encounter just in case thats all you have left. Beam-Bolt is a pretty standard combo on a Lapras as they do plenty of type coverage.

{jolteon} @Leftovers
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice
Pin Missle
Baton Pass

Strategist :
Jolteon's high speed should be enough to outrun dangerous Ground types like an Aerodactyl and OHKO with a Tbolt. HP Ice provides coverage against other Ground types that Tbolt dont reach.Baton Pass against arses that use Mean Look / Arena Trap and you know its gonna be painful. All in all a standard move set.

{arcanine} @Life Orb
Extremespeed
Overheat
Roar
Iron Tail

Strategist :
Extremespeed is a standard move on any Arcanine. Overheat when you know you need it and Roar against anything that no moves can even do neutral damage on.
Iron tail basically for type coverage on Rock types that might pose a threat.

{alakazam} @Leftovers
Psychic
Recover
Calm Mind
Fire/Ice/Thunder Punch

Strategist :
Due to the weakness of Alakazam is to Blissey, the Calm Recovery combo is the only way I can think of to take down a Blissey's PP of ST. Psychic is a famous move for Alakazam , most Alakazams I faced to date has it. The choices of the 3 Punches is up to you , basically for coverage. Otherwise you can choose any other move you deem fit.

PS ; Hell making movepools are fun :D anyone needs one feel free to post a team here.

Last edited by zPIRATED on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:22 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

zPIRATED wrote:
J
{alakazam}

- Cant really think of one at the moment , anyone has one feel free to post it -

{alakazam} Synchronize
@TwistedSpoon
-Psychic
-Kinesis
-Psycho Cut
-Recover

Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next