It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 question from an old timer 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My friend and I are trying to get into online pokemon battles. We downloaded Shoddy and Netbattle and to our dismay there is no way to have a strict RBY duel, which is what we want. I understand it may sound silly, but we would like nothing more than to play some classic RBY battles and relieve some great memories. The only thing standing in our way is the fact that we are forced to select a "trait" like blaze or overgrowth or something, and we are not allowed to select "no trait" Can anyone offer any help at all as far as how to select no trait or maybe another program or suggest anything that we can do to get ourselves set up for some RBY duels? Any and all help is tremendously appreciated.

PS: Sorry if this is in the wrong forum

PPS: I REALLY hope someone can send me in the right direction.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:55 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I'm not sure Netbattle is still usable, but when I used it a few years ago there WAS an RBY mode, as well as GSC and RSE. I've never used Shoddy battle, but as you said, there is no RBY/GSC/RSE mode support yet.

I don't have Netbattle anymore, but perhaps you could check into it and see if it has RBY mode?

Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:29 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thanks for responding. I did try net battle and everything was great until I realized I could not get rid of those "traits" ( overgrowth, blaze, synchronize, etc) which did not exist in RBY. If I could only find an older version of the program I think perhaps it might work.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]