It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Ditto + Shedinja= Profit? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

(I hope this is the right place to post this, as this is not game-specific nor is it completely competitive battling)
I read that Ditto guide on the Victory Road subforum and one thing caught my interest: the fact that Ditto keeps its HP stat no matter what it transforms into. I've never had that much interest on Ditto as it always seemed so weak before so I naturally didn't know that.

I automatically thought of Shedinja, and had to test what happens if Ditto becomes one. I even taught the Shedinja Substitute which it can't normally even use, and ta-da: the transformed Ditto kept its HP and was able to make a substitute and take some hits (bonus: Wonder Guard affects the substitute as well).

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone doing something like this nor find anything with the forum search function, so I thought I'd let you know (if you know of this already, this thread serves no purpose).
Who knows, maybe it'll be useful for someone B)

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wow. This is going to revolutionize the battle scene. I am definitely using that trick.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Did Nintendo forget about it or was it meant to do that? :O

Either way, Ditto just got 10x more awesome. Now if only more people used Shedninja...

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:41 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Nintendo probably just didn't think. Or maybe they wanted to actually make Shedinja's defenses useful at least somewhere (I mean, why does it even have defense stats bigger than 1 when it's sure to die if it gets hit?)
This might be interesting in double battles; you could bring your own Shedinja with whatever moves you want and then let it die after you've transformed your Ditto (I'm not into competitive battling but I'm sure the hardcore battlers could use this to their advantage, especially maybe the Substitute?).

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:39 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
This is awesome, Mewtwelve...I didn't think Ditto could keep it's HPs under the circumstances but apparently it can...I wonder how effective this would be in the Battle Frontier's Double Battles in general...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:04 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I knew this, the guy that placed 2nd at the 2009 VGWC regionals where I went used that combo.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:27 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Good job Mewtwelve

Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:14 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

My Shedinja just became pwnage again. Now I just need a good ditto...

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Mewtwelve wrote:
[size=50]

I automatically thought of Shedinja, and had to test what happens if Ditto becomes one. I even taught the Shedinja Substitute which it can't normally even use, and ta-da: the transformed Ditto kept its HP and was able to make a substitute and take some hits (bonus: Wonder Guard affects the substitute as well).

The substitute used the ability of the pokemon its protecting not the one that made it, Which is why a while back I had a drifblim sub protecting shedinja

Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]