It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Enduring The Explosion 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Where Chandelure stores the souls it burns for fuel! Mwahahahaha
I have a question. If you were to teach Endure and Explosion to like... an Electrode. If I used Endure, and then used Selfdestruct or Explosion, would Electrode survive. I have been pondering it for awhile.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:07 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In my Secret Base at Route 116- come and find me! :P
I'm thinking it depends on your and the opponent pokemon's speed. You would have to use Endure, and then Selfdestruct RIGHT AFTER. Because if you use Endure, and then the other pokemon attacks, the Endure won't last because your pokemon already received a blow, nullifying it for the selfdestruct. It may work if the enemy uses a status booster move on itself, however. That requires testing.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:46 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Endure and Explosion are two entirely different moves, each taking it's own turn to use. Endure doesn't last until you're knocked down to 1 HP, it's a one turn thing. Therefore, you'd have to use Endure one turn and then the next turn (when Endure has worn off) use Explosion. There would be no protection against the attack. I think the scenario you're looking for is Focus Sash followed by Explosion. I'm almost 100% sure there's no way to survive Explosion as it's meant to be a suicide, last-resort move. They wouldn't make a way to survive it because then you could just do it again the next turn. Entire teams could be swept by one Electrode because it could keep Exploding without dying. So to answer your question, no, there is no way to survive Explosion and thinking otherwise is illogical and kinda silly.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hmm. I don't think it's illogical and kinda silly. If you COULD figure out a way to Explode multiple times, they would probably make an Explosion Clause to keep things fair in competitive battling. This is only a theoretical idea, no need to burn him for asking. Plus, if you had a ghost pokemon on your team, his explosions would be null and void anyways. Just my opinion.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Oh, I wasn't meaning to burn him. I'm merely stating that it wouldn't be logical for a move with such great power to be used and re-used especially when that move is sacrificial in nature. And that just adds too much risk in competitive play. One cheap kill with and Explody move followed by that Pokemon not dying and taking out potentially more Pokemon. And what if the Exploder has Destiny Bond? When you're down to 1 HP, the opponent is more than likely going to attack unless Sandstorm or Hail is up, thus it would be easy to anticipate their next move and get YET ANOTHER cheap kill from one Pokemon. With not one but TWO sacrifice moves (yes, I'm counting Destiny Bond as one).

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:23 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

When you attach an X Defend to your Magnemite and use its Selfdestruct attack, it only does half the damage to itself and doesn't faint! TRUFAX!

Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:28 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Too bad that only works ingame...

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]