It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Embarrassing and Laughable Game Moments 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I saw a topic kind of like this in the DPP forum and I think it needs more love than just the DPP. Plus I'm not sure if the necromancy rule is still active...

So, share the most embarrassing, laughable, frustrating moments you, or a friend have had on your Pokemon games.

--This happened to my cousin a looooong time ago, back in the YRB games. He got his Masterball and used it to catch a Geodude. I bug him about it way too often.

--I was playing Crystal version last week to get in the spirit of the new HGSS games and I was lucky enough to get a Pichu as my egg Pokemon. I was training the Pichu and it leveled up to learn Thunderwave. I'm not used to these games anymore and I was thinking that it was going to bring me to a new screen. Nope. It pulled up the attack list and poof--Thundershock was gone. I'm stuck with no attack moves! I also hadn't saved for hours.

Show me what you got!

Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:07 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

back in r/b/y my brother and I both knew of the missingno glitch, but he refused to use it. we decided to battle, and so i used my lv.100 magicarp that I traded to g/s in order to delete tackle. I entered a wild battle with another magicarp, and used all but one of the splash moves, then entered the battle with just him. the battle was a 3 on 1... I splashed, so he didn't take me serious, then I struggled, and killed his lv. 64 blastoise, and the next struggled killed his pigeot lv. 70, and then the buterfree was struggled...

I killed my brother's team with a magicarp... LOL!

my friend borrowed my pearl, and caught a wingull, and named it cockman... I only had that one, and he saved... fortunately my other friend felt sorry, and traded over 3 masterballs to my firered, which i migrated over, and have yet to use.

Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:53 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Nabkov wrote:
I killed my brother's team with a magicarp... LOL!

AHAHA! Who says it can't be done? XD

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:46 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Back in R/S/E, me and my cousin were playing R/S/E and I came upon a shiny Oddish. Back then I was obsessed with catching male Pokemon only. Anyway, I came upon the Oddish and it was female. So I showed my cousin the Pokemon and he was like"Awesome! Go catch it quickly!" And I was like"Okay! Wait, it's a girl. I wanted a boy." So I KO'd it. And my cousin was like"You idiot!" And I was like"What?" He said"Why did you knock it out?!" I said"It was a girl. And I wanted a boy." Oh G*d I was stupid when I was younger.

Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

pokemon_god wrote:
Back in R/S/E, me and my cousin were playing R/S/E and I came upon a shiny Oddish. Back then I was obsessed with catching male Pokemon only. Anyway, I came upon the Oddish and it was female. So I showed my cousin the Pokemon and he was like"Awesome! Go catch it quickly!" And I was like"Okay! Wait, it's a girl. I wanted a boy." So I KO'd it. And my cousin was like"You idiot!" And I was like"What?" He said"Why did you knock it out?!" I said"It was a girl. And I wanted a boy." Oh G*d I was stupid when I was younger.

...um, wow.

Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I accidentally used Explosion in the final match in the Neon Colosseum (BR). It was the last match, and I had no more perfect points :frustrated:

On my Latios, I removed Luster Purge. I had no idea that there was a move relearned at the time. All I did was slam the DS (old fat grey ones), and it cracked the screen. (It still works, its just has a cracked top screen.

On my first pkmn game (Gold). I used a Masterball on a trainers Pokemon, to see if it really catches anything. It was after I saw PKMN 2000, so I thought Slowking was this rare and amazing pokemon . . . . .. its not :(

On my first run of Fire Red, I forgot about Poke Balls, and TMs/Hms.
I was in Lavender Town, with a lv52 Chraizard knowing Cut, Fire Blast, Fly and Metal Claw

My first shiny was an Abra. I used an Ultra Ball, and it got up to 3 shakes. It didn't capture.

-Matthew

Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Thunderhead wrote:
On my first run of Fire Red, I forgot about Poke Balls, and TMs/Hms.
I was in Lavender Town, with a lv52 Chraizard knowing Cut, Fire Blast, Fly and Metal Claw

Lol! Had it been a few years since you played? You must have been frustrated with the whole Cut and Fly thing, I know I would be!

Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:57 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well, yeah. I got it in 04 when it came it.

I was happy with G/S/C, and was waiting for the next game.

I was clueless about Ruby and Saphire at that time.

Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:47 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I was looking for {raikou} in leafgreen and nobody knew the locations it appeared, so I just always looked on Route 15. I looked for it so much I found a shiny {bellsprout} , which can evolve into a shiny {victreebel} , one of the cooler looking shinies. So my heart was pounding until I realized I only had a luxury ball and a master ball because I only thought of Raikou. I got the thing to yellow and threw the luxury ball, and caught it. I was so relived, but that was the last time I walked around without at least 10 poke balls, you never know what you're going to catch. Shortly afterward I gave up on Raikou for the most part. If I can find a shiny before him something is wrong lol.

Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

On my first playthrough on firered, I got to Mt. Moon, and turned my volume all the way down for w/e reason, and met a shiny geodude. I missed the stars animation, and ended up KO'ing before i finally went on Psypokes.com and realized it was a shiny. i also accidently killed a shiny graveler in Diamond with fire spin. For some reason, shiny geodude and it's evos love me, cuz i soon found another shiny geodude in Emerald. Yes, i caught it.

My first shiny ever was a Whismur in Sapphire. When Emerald came around, my friend tried to clone it and ended up deleting it forever.

My first time playing through Sapphire, I had no idea what a masterball was, (my first pokemon game) and completely passed it up.

I killed the slowpoke trainer in Yellow :[

My first playthrough of Sapphire, back when i was inexperienced and naive when it came to Pokemon, I trained ONLY my mudkip, and ignored every other pokemon. by the time I got to the Elite 4, I had a lv 64 swampert that only knew Water gun, mud shot, dive, and maybe surf? Sad part was I thought water gun was better then surf.

I'll edit in more if i can think of 'em.

Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

D@RKN&ZZ999 wrote:
I was looking for {raikou} in leafgreen and nobody knew the locations it appeared, so I just always looked on Route 15. I looked for it so much I found a shiny {bellsprout} , which can evolve into a shiny {victreebel} , one of the cooler looking shinies. So my heart was pounding until I realized I only had a luxury ball and a master ball because I only thought of Raikou. I got the thing to yellow and threw the luxury ball, and caught it. I was so relived, but that was the last time I walked around without at least 10 poke balls, you never know what you're going to catch. Shortly afterward I gave up on Raikou for the most part. If I can find a shiny before him something is wrong lol.

Something is terribly wrong with that.....lol.

Preblooch wrote:
On my first playthrough on firered, I got to Mt. Moon, and turned my volume all the way down for w/e reason, and met a shiny geodude. I missed the stars animation, and ended up KO'ing before i finally went on Psypokes.com and realized it was a shiny. i also accidently killed a shiny graveler in Diamond with fire spin. For some reason, shiny geodude and it's evos love me, cuz i soon found another shiny geodude in Emerald. Yes, i caught it.

My first shiny ever was a Whismur in Sapphire. When Emerald came around, my friend tried to clone it and ended up deleting it forever.

My first time playing through Sapphire, I had no idea what a masterball was, (my first pokemon game) and completely passed it up.

I killed the slowpoke trainer in Yellow :[

My first playthrough of Sapphire, back when i was inexperienced and naive when it came to Pokemon, I trained ONLY my mudkip, and ignored every other pokemon. by the time I got to the Elite 4, I had a lv 64 swampert that only knew Water gun, mud shot, dive, and maybe surf? Sad part was I thought water gun was better then surf.

I'll edit in more if i can think of 'em.

Wow, I have never found one shiny in my life. I have two of them now, but I've never seen a wild one. As far as the thing with Sapphire, I like trying to do that on occasion, but I usually have little Pokemon slaves to do my HM bidding.

Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:52 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I was Softreseting for Cresselia, and I found Shiny one. Since it was Adamant, I reseted the game. So no Shiny Cresselia for me.

If you have any problems with breeding, Egg moves, IV:s or EV:s, you can ask me. Feel free to ask other things related to competive battling.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:25 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Preblooch wrote:

I did the same thing, but with a Lv. 67 Blaziken, I remember I kept Ember instead of Blaze Kick, and I taught it Cut in place of Sky Uppercut..

Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:45 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

koipen wrote:
I was Softreseting for Cresselia, and I found Shiny one. Since it was Adamant, I reseted the game. So no Shiny Cresselia for me.

Sadface... :(

JaBl96 wrote:
I did the same thing, but with a Lv. 67 Blaziken, I remember I kept Ember instead of Blaze Kick, and I taught it Cut in place of Sky Uppercut..

See, I do this kind of stuff for fun, except I use little HM slaves.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

koipen wrote:

How do you soft reset for Cresselia? I thought it was a roamer. You should of kept the shiny, they're real valuable.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:12 am
Profile WWW
Just your average 10 year old

When it is in the route you are, save. Run into grass, fight ir if not shiny/nature you want reset.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:59 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I've gone the hard way. Saved at Full moon island, talked to Cresselia and then getting to the same route. I use Synchronized Abra but it doesn't work...

If you have any problems with breeding, Egg moves, IV:s or EV:s, you can ask me. Feel free to ask other things related to competive battling.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:44 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I restarted my Silver version when a Nurse Joy told me I had Pokerus. I didn't understand what she told me, and one of my friends thought it was a deadly virus that Pokemon get, so I started over so my Pokemon wouldn't die (in essence, I erased them from the game's memory so they died anyway, but I was like 8 lay off me).

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:47 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Emin Jofit wrote:
I restarted my Silver version when a Nurse Joy told me I had Pokerus. I didn't understand what she told me, and one of my friends thought it was a deadly virus that Pokemon get, so I started over so my Pokemon wouldn't die (in essence, I erased them from the game's memory so they died anyway, but I was like 8 lay off me).

That must have sucked. I've only gotten one Pokemon with the virus ever, I really should try to get it to the others.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

My most laughable game moments were when my Male Character in Ruby got turned into a Phantom Lady (NPC) who was able to walk on water, go through walls and buildings and hung the game whenever a battle took place. It was permanent. Embarrassing to say it was because I turned on too many codes at one time with my AR. :?

Alright whose next to be liberated from freedom?

Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:18 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My most embarrassing moment i ever had was:

I was hunting a shiny pokemon for my cousin as a present for his b-day. My friend was in my house too. Then i saw... a shiny Beldum! I wasn't looking and listening closely that time and my friend didn't notice O_o and the last thing i knew i had my Darkrai use Dark Pulse, until i realized it was shiny... My friend was watching that and he smacked me on the head and said: " You idiot! That was a shiny Beldum, I repeat a SHINY Beldum! Now what are you gonna give to your cousin now?" Then, all I said was: "....oops..." and i gave my cousin a shiny Magikarp...and then...He yelled at me in the ear saying: " WHAT THE **** IS THIS, A FARCE?!?!?!" i said to him: " Dude, ever heard of a RED Gyarados? Especially when it's EV trained? Geez..." then all he said was: " Oh, oops... Sorry"

and all i did was laugh out loud XD and it's still stuck in my head XD

Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:15 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I found a Shiny Pichu while chaining in a Non-Shiny patch of grass. I immediately caught it with a quickball.

Just yesterday, I caught Shaymin at full HP.

Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:35 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Back in the day , i had got 149 pokemon on my dex on Red.

I let my little step bro play on my gameboy whilst on the way to the airport, i fell asleep ( 3hour journey )

when i had woken up, i thought id turn my gameboy on and have a little play

When i got to the:

Continue Game
New Game

Screen... And see pokedex 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went on the game and there it was , standing infront of the PC, Charmander level 6, pidgy and rattata :(

I think i cried lol

Pokedex: - Seen: 306 - Obtained: 199

My Team So Far:

{palkia} - 100 - {tyranitar} - 83 - {dragonite} - 87 - {rayquaza} - 100 - {groudon} - 100 - {mew} - 100
Updated Daily

Last edited by Smallzy90 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Most worst time for me was metting my second shiny pokemon, oddly enough i had caught a shiney swablu just 1 week before. I was training it on the high seas when a lvl 7 shiny tentacool appered and my weakest pokemon was a lvl 20 anorth, worst is I only had 3 pokeballs and a great ball after unsuccessfully using the Greatball and 2 pokeball I figured Id have to weaken it so I used anoriths weakest move scratch, bam crictical hit. no more tentacool. Now I honestly carry 2000+ Pokeballs(all legitimately earned) plus 2-3 master balls
Always be prepared.
And again in the great marsh with shiny crogunk, (which I then chained in platnuim for good measure)

Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:48 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Sudowoodo used Protect
Articuno used Mind Reader, Sudowoodo protected itself!

Sudowoodo used Protect, but it failed
Articuno used Mind Reader

Articuno used Sheer Cold
Sudowoodo's Syurdy prevents 1-hit KO's!
Sudowoodo used Rock Slide!
Articuno fainted

:frustrated:

Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next