It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:10 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 hello, im new, and i have something to say 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

hello.

even though my first pokemon game was crystal, and i got that when i was 5 (9 years ago) i still am very new to pokemon

when i played crystal, all i did was grind, and ended the game with a level 85 feralligator, 78 snorlax, and 69 suduwoo. thats all i used for the whole game... no strategy.... just grinding.....
(i was 5, what do you expect???)

so now, here i am, havent played pokemon in about 8 years, and just came into possetion of diamond (blue too, but im not worrying about that now) so now, i tried my crystal strategy,, and its just not cutting it. i am at the top of mt cornet, dieing against cyrus over and over, and i realized, i gotta make a team.

i plan for this to be my turnaround. im gonna stop playing like my 5 year old self, get some other pokemon besides my lvl50 infernape, lvl50charap, lvl35 lucario and lvl35 haunter, and try to actually be good at this game.

i have no clue what im gonna do. probably just fly to town, and im gonnna start new. i am going to be a real pokemon trainer. i will make an awesome team. i will be anactive member in the community. and i need your help!

Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:17 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Well, a good place to start would be to correct your spelling and grammar.

Way to post something meaningful and constructive. What did this guy do to you other than offend your oh-so-sensitive eyes? Cut the guy some slack.

- Kurushel

Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:51 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

the grammar isn't exactly important.

but the first step for amazing team building:

1. make sure your pokemon cover each other's backs. having them all be weak to a ground type attack or pokemon won't cut it. So add pokemon to cover for every avenue of possiblity. a good way to do this is have somethign basic like:

Torterra(grass, ground)
Staraptor(flying,normal)
Luxray(electric)
Lumineon(water)
Garchomp(dragon, ground)
Lucario(fighting, steel)

the moves also matte gretaly, but then you get advanced with that.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

My advice would definitely be to level up your pokemon a LOT more (Lv. 35 won't "cut it" at Mt. Coronet). Sometimes you should just buckle down and train with wild pokemon despite the fact that its such tedious work (its painful, i know). Doing this got my pokemon in the 40s levels when I barely got to Heathome City. So uh, yeah... Hope I helped at least a little...

Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:42 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

very true, the wild is the best place to go get your levels, depsite the mutliple people hiding in many places

and i think you end up with the VS. seeker by that time, go around and challenge trainers that you ahve already battled for some extra EXP.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:41 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Does anyone realize this kid hasn't been on in over a month and the thread was finally sinking to the bottom?

I don't think it's necessary to reply anymore.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 6 posts ]