It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Annoying things noobs do online or your friends? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
This topic is to discuss what annoys the hell out of you when fighting somebody you know in real life, or online in a game of Pokemon. What drives me nuts is people who cant win without using legendaries. I was online in PBR, and i fought a guy with a legit darkrai. He dark voided my Sceptile and Blaziken on the first turn, then his Infernape flamethrowed my sceptile to 1 hit KO it. I send out the rest of my Pokemon, but he just 1 hits em with Infernape or put them to sleep with Dark Void and THEN killed them... Bad times, anyway, what annoying experiences have you had?

Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I fought this guy in an uber battle, and my legit Darkrai beat almost his whole team with Dark Void. He kept complaining about it being a broken move, but he knew exactly what pokemon I had. And yay, there's somebody else that likes MMBN. I also think that people on PBR without Lv100s shouldn't be playing online.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:24 am
Just your average 10 year old

People who disconnect when they are about to lose a battle.

Or people who overly abuse certain items like Lefties (which I am somewhat guilty of) or choice items and berries.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:17 pm
I need to shut the **** up

The major overuse of ledgendaries, yes, that is always a problem. Like: A team with a hacked {raikou} , a {giratina} , {azelf} , {uxie} , and {mesprit} , and then a {torterra} . I have encountered that before, soooo annoying, as they always use the move Shadow Force. And the hacked Raikou is major problemo, 'cause the person I fought's particular Raikou has Ice Beam......... :'O There goes my Ground Pokemon, Rock types......and then it has Earthquake to deal with Steel types that I send out.....ugh, I hate that.
The whole 1-hit-KO thing, too; it's really overused, I hate it!! >.<

~ {dragonite} Chingling {chingling} ~

OMG! Ender at the End Shop is AMAZING!!! Visit it now: End Shop!!

Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:16 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Maybe its {darkrai} using DarkVoid, Embargo, Dream Eater, and Nightmare

OR its Overuse of {arceus} {dialga} {palkia} {rayquaza} {mewtwo} {blissey} {darkrai} {milotic}

#1 I hate the most {spiritomb} with a hacked Wonder Guard and a persim berry

Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:21 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hypnoplot Crobat.

Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:52 pm

lawa001 wrote:
Maybe its {darkrai} using DarkVoid, Embargo, Dream Eater, and Nightmare

Isn't it's ability basucally Nightmare.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:44 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I battled my friend and he used a hacked team.

He had a {spiritomb} with blazekick

Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:13 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Honestly when people use the word "noob" it annoys me more than anything else listed in this thread. I cringe and roll my eyes everytime I see it, and clicking on General Pokemon Discussion and seeing the title to this thread is no exception.

When I used to play Netbattle about four years ago I was always annoyed by Latios/Latias. You could never tell if they have Soul Dew, which made the fight extremely unfair, and they were hard as feck either way. That little prick Ninjask got on my nerves too, until I decided to use it myself. Skarm/Bliss was an old combination and everyone but me used it, so I had to have counters for them on every team I made.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:29 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I personally hate the people that use Wondertomb (Spiritomb with WonderGuard) you can only hit them with a Foresight combo or the NoGuard ability or Fire Fang, honestly how many of those do you carry on your team? Also people that d/c when they know they are about to lose make me so mad.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:38 pm

Must I mention people who only raise ONE level 100 Pokémon, then clone it fifty times and change the moves and give it vitamins to change stats. 6 Male level 100 Garchomps are not pleasant. Especialy when each one has a different moveset. The next one could be anything from Yache to Choice.

And people who shout insults through voice chat during a battle just because they're losing.

And why does Fire Fang hit through Wonder Guard? I know it hit Shedinja because it was weak.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:44 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Beav232 wrote:

And why does Fire Fang hit through Wonder Guard? I know it hit Shedinja because it was weak.

I don't know why that is it just is. Another thing that makes me mad is when someone's team entirely consists of shinies it is like a warning signal that they are probably hacked and will try to kick your arse.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

In the wi-fi battle tower, when you're on a high winning streak, and you run into idiots who've gotten themselves highly ranked from using hacks. I always end up losing to them. :|

Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:46 am

shinashu taji wrote:
Another thing that makes me mad is when someone's team entirely consists of shinies it is like a warning signal that they are probably hacked and will try to kick your arse.

I used to have an all shiny team, but they were bred/reset LEGIT.

I also hate stupid or offensive nicknames like one time on Wi-Fi, someone was using Blissey and named it 'KICK ASS'

Or when someone gets an event, they clone it 50 times and put them on GTS for stupid stuff. Like the other day I saw a level 50 Shaymin wanting Bidoof.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Beav232 wrote:
shinashu taji wrote:
Another thing that makes me mad is when someone's team entirely consists of shinies it is like a warning signal that they are probably hacked and will try to kick your arse.

I used to have an all shiny team, but they were bred/reset LEGIT.

I also hate stupid or offensive nicknames like one time on Wi-Fi, someone was using Blissey and named it 'KICK ASS'

Or when someone gets an event, they clone it 50 times and put them on GTS for stupid stuff. Like the other day I saw a level 50 Shaymin wanting Bidoof.

I probably should have elaborated I meant to say all shinies that come out of things such as cherish balls or master balls. I also hate offensive nicknames over wifi -cough cough yukijadensurvives infernape's name cough cough-

Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:06 pm

Let's not forget people who hack a Pokémon, then put it on GTS and it screws your game up.

Or people who shout obscenities through voice chat when they're losing.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:18 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Use Fly a lot on a online battle! :evil:

Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:19 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Darksoldier2004 wrote:
Use Fly a lot on a online battle! :evil:

Well Fly is not that annoying because it can easily be PP stalled, and have counter measures set up against it so it really isn't that annoying. I also really hate when people abuse the power of focus sash.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Fly is Fair and easily dealt with
The reason wonder guard can be hit with fire Is that only a shedninja or Ditto Shedninja can have the ability wonder guard
so if your battling spirittomb Use moves that shedninja would be weak to
Don't call me a cheater because 75% percent of my shinies are caught with a master ball, I glitch clone as many master balls as I need in emerald Then import to my game being held by magikarp
Because When I see a shiny I don't want it going ANYWHERE
I love crushing n@@bs that give there poke rare candies till they are lv 100 and No EVs Nature match ups
In an Uber battle i fought a little kid (this was at the 10ANIV event) and beat His Entire team with a lv 80 Ho-oh that was EVd and a lv 76 Lugia also EVd All lv 100 Mewtwo Rayquaza Kyogre Groudon Deoxyes Lugia
You bet I saved that one on the battle pass!

Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:46 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The thing that annoys me is when my friend can't beat my OU team with his hacked ubers. I'm not complaining, but I think hacks should be able to beat a legit OU team.

Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:51 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Cactuar wrote:
The thing that annoys me is when my friend can't beat my OU team with his hacked ubers. I'm not complaining, but I think hacks should be able to beat a legit OU team.

Or maybe you're just really strong. :shock:

The things that annoy me are:
Offensive nicknames
Hacked legendaries, like Arceus
People who used a max stat cheat on their pokemon
People disconnecting when they're about to lose.

Sat May 09, 2009 2:50 pm
is very close to getting banned

Location: Hiding in that dark corner of the room, waiting for you to drop your gaurd.
people who every(or nearly every) pokemon on their team knows both Explosion and Substitute and are all holding lefties.

Sat May 09, 2009 8:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Meeman45 wrote:

People disconnecting when they're about to lose.

:evil: I absolutely hate that. All my friends get thrashed by my Starmie, 6-1, then when their last pokemon goes below half health, they disconnect. But besides that, the other noob things are when I tell them not to use ubers, they go ahead and send out a level 100 Rayquaza (which in turn gets Ice Beam'd).

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Sat May 09, 2009 8:39 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I battled one of my buddies once and said "listen, nothing legendary and NO DOUBLE TEAMS." Sure enough, he had Heatran, Giratina, and co., and he started using Double Team like mad. :frustrated:

Sun May 10, 2009 11:00 am
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Beav232 wrote:
People who disconnect when they are about to lose a battle.

Or people who overly abuse certain items like Lefties (which I am somewhat guilty of) or choice items and berries.

In other words, just about anybody who uses hold items, which is just about every single person who ever played pokemon ever.

As for me, I loathe people who scream "OMG -insert way you won here- NOOB!" everytime you win. Not a big thing as far as pokemon goes, but on many online games, people will find any reason to make their lose feel better, and will trash talk you to high heaven, even if they have been winning previous plays the EXACT SAME WAY until you showed up.

There is tons more, but currently that is the thing grinding my nerves.

"DERP I'M A DUMBASS :B"

Thu May 21, 2009 10:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next