Sand Attack/Smokescreen
Amnesia
Protect
Recover/Softboiled
Toxic
Attract

These moves annoy me very much... :frustrated:

Oh, but those are the best moves!! <3 :D <3

As for me, I personally loath....I hate.....I really hate....

I really really really hate String Shot!!! Because I always pick Charmander on Fire Red and if I decide not to pick any Pokemon out of the small group you can get really early on, then I have to level up a lot. And both worms ( {caterpie} {weedle} in Viridian Forest know String Shot and they use it over and over and over again!

Also, Swift and Water Pulse are annoying when Misty uses them. She'll kill the Pokemon with a chance of bringing down her first with Critical-Hitting Swifts and Water Pulses all. the. time!

{magikarp} {magikarp} {magikarp} {magikarp} And Splash is just WIN. Makes Magikarp the most important Pokemon in all four Generations! {magikarp} {magikarp} {magikarp} {magikarp}

Our shinies:

Sister: {nidoking} {machoke} {beautifly} {geodude} {abra}

Brother: {nidoking}

Somehow we both got the same first shiny, no hacking, just dumb luck.

Games between us:

Sister: Fire Red, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond

Brother: Blue, Leaf Green, Sapphire, Pearl, Red Rescue Team

Sun May 24, 2009 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Eevee Queen of Night wrote:
Also, Swift and Water Pulse are annoying when Misty uses them. She'll kill the Pokemon with a chance of bringing down her first with Critical-Hitting Swifts and Water Pulses all. the. time!

Totally agree! I also always choose Charmander as starter. Even though I've leveled up my team to about lv20, Water Pulse can still be a pain (especially when your Pokemon unfortunately become confused because of it) ! :frustrated:

{magikarp} {magikarp} {magikarp} {magikarp} And Splash is just WIN. Makes Magikarp the most important Pokemon in all four Generations! {magikarp} {magikarp} {magikarp} {magikarp}

LOL :D
I always get annoyed when I battle any trainer with Magikarp in his team. :mad:

Mon May 25, 2009 3:05 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

LOL :D
I always get annoyed when I battle any trainer with Magikarp in his team. :mad:[/quote]

I think in FRLG, there are two trainers with only Magikarp in their team. A fisher on the Route between Vermilion and Fuchsia with two Magikarp and one fisher between Pallet Town and Cinnabar with six. How many Magikarp does one stupid Fisher need??? Especially trained to the same level and hand-picked to be the same gender.

Our shinies:

Sister: {nidoking} {machoke} {beautifly} {geodude} {abra}

Brother: {nidoking}

Somehow we both got the same first shiny, no hacking, just dumb luck.

Games between us:

Sister: Fire Red, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond

Brother: Blue, Leaf Green, Sapphire, Pearl, Red Rescue Team

Mon May 25, 2009 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

DPP has one fisherman with all six magikarps!
the DP one has all level 8 fishies, its the bridge outside of Eterna if you must know.
in Platinum, the Magikarps are uch more worth it, as the toughest one is either 14 or 12. that makes killing magikarps so worth it to start.

Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:53 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Location: none of your beeswax, because i am so mad at Swift for locking my account i am now a temporary dead
erm, i'd say one hit KO moves. they are ANNOYING.

{charizard} {charmeleon} {charmander} {flygon} VirusGroudon122
we have to hope that Flyfon works...

Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Softbolied....because it comes with chansey/blisseys :frustrated:

OR

Froslass uses hail and cant get hit due to snow cloak and uses blizzard over and over again and pwns most of your team!!!! :censored: and then as soon as you hit it TWICE trainer uses a hyper potion and it continues!!!!!

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

My Soul Silver Team:
{feraligatr} {charizard} {sceptile} {ampharos} {crobat} {scizor}

Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:05 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The foe uses Confuse Ray on me, then Minimize, then Flash, and then Recover.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:19 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I really dislike any move that causes confusion. Why? Because when I use it, the opponent still functions just fine. He can be confused for 5 consecutive turns but still land perfect attacks and never hurt himself. When an opponent uses a confusion move, my Pokemon will beat herself senseless EVERY SINGLE TURN. And the moves that have a small chance of causing confusion (water pulse, confusion, etc.) will always cause confusion when the opponent uses them on my Pokemon. So unfair. :P

I also don't like accuracy reducing moves for the same reason. When I use them over and over again, the opponent lands perfect attacks. When an opponent uses the move just once, my Pokemon run out of Power Points because they can't land a single hit.

Wrap on RBY was very annoying. I got stuck in a battle with a wild Bellsprout once because it wouldn't stop using wrap.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:39 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I would like to make some additions:

Certain attack is annoying or not also partly depends on the opponent.

For example, as Eevee Queen of Night said, Swift and Water Pulse are annoying when Misty uses them. Two moves with base power of 60 is already strong enough for Pokemon at around level 20, and usually Misty's Starmie will attack first due to its high speed. Oh, and also her Starmie knows Recover! :frustrated:

In addition, when I was very young, I really HATED Rollout VERY, VERY MUCH thanks to Whitney's Miltank in GSC. It always ended up my Butterfree (4x weak to Rock-type moves!), Pigeotto and Quilava got KO'd in short time and they were my strongest Pokemon in my team. :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Close Combat, definitely, for reasons already stated (and when i use it on MY pokemon they always die next turn)

Double Team/ect in BATTLE TOWER especially, because they're thankfully banned in most competitive battling places

and any sleep move in any place that doesnt have sleep clause. that means you, palmer's milotic that sleeps my whole team before i can hit you...

THUNDERBOLT coming out of random pokemon like lickilicky and lapras and porygon line and OHKO'ing my water types (ice beam would have the same problem if i used OU dragons more often)

thunder wave for obvious reasons. i love using it myself though :)

thunder/blizzard. not on the other pokemon, on mine. because it will ALWAYS miss when it needs to hit most. again, this annoys the hell out of me in battle tower.

spacial rend only because my friend's palkia is the one pokemon that my no-lengendaries team always trips up on.

Recovery moves are most annoying when used by the comp, because i always find myself in agony wondering whether that milotic is going to heal this turn or wait another. their easier to predict with people, and you can then switch in on them wihtout getting owned by hydro pump. yes, i do have a thing against palmer's milotic, i'm sure most of us do

Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:38 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Harden when u first caught metapod or silcoon and all you can do practically is harden are you suppose to freaking lvl it without cheating?

Splash on Magikarp it does nothing but wait time

Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:38 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

modim_012 wrote:
Double Team/ect in BATTLE TOWER especially, because they're thankfully banned in most competitive battling places

Double Team is annoying - but even worse is OHKO moves, which seem to have quite a lot more than 30% accuracy in Battle Tower.

There really needs to be a lock that prevents an OHKO move from working without Lock-on, Mind Reader, etc.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:02 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In the Umbreon Guild, where you can get awesome avatars and fusions!
OHKO moves, because somehow they always work for in-game opponents (go figure.)

I also can't stand attract, anything that confuses or causes paralysis. For some reason, I"m so unlucky that I always am imobilized by love, hurt myself in my confusion or am fully paralyzed.

Also, I hate using moves like hydro pump an fire blast because, in-game at least, they never hit for me. Stone Edge will, but not moves with 85 base accuracy. Just freakin' annoying.

Thanks to Ender for the awesome signature.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:28 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Attract is the most annoying when used against me. It seems to immobilize my pokemon more than fifty percent of the time...i'm probably just being paranoid though.

Double team is pretty annoying, but if you have sweepers and aim to beat them quickly, its not too big of a deal.
Growl, as an attack for yourself, I never liked. I think I may have only used it to stall for time for a Timer Ball.

Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:55 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Stealth Rock for sure
I can´t switch in my dragonite cause he is going to lose 25% of his life!
I hate it

Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:19 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

A STABed flamethrower/fire blast (those with low sp. def suffers)

Toxic (I use it too, but when its used on me that's another thing)

Recover (who doesn't hate that?)

Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:44 am
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Krisp wrote:
MissingNo_Is_My_Friend wrote:
Umm geez...

WRAP in Red/Blue/Yellow
REALLY annoying. And there's nothing you can do about it. FOR 5 TURNS. :frustrated: :censored:

Oh look, we have a winner! Wrap, FireSpin, Bind, and Clamp (RBY only) are by far the most annoying attacks ever. Especially when they're used with Thunder Wave or something, which Pokemon Stadium just loves to abuse.

When i played stadium when i was a lot younger this pissed me off so badly. The only way to get out of wrap, firespin, bind, clamp was to switchout, but still :(

In stadium i was also annoyed by accuracy/evasivaness moves. This tended to be used by the lasses which was also annoying given the fact that the lasses were usually at the semifinals in the stadium and it took oh so many continues to get past them just enough so you don't have any left for the final person.

Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I usually play competitively so I don't have issues with Double Team or OHKO moves, but Spore is just annoying. That dang 100% accuracy. D:

Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:56 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

For me, it's not just one attack, it's the combination of being parylized because of something like Thunder Wave, confused thanks to Confuse Ray, and topped off with an accuracy mod attack; i.e. Double Team.

Yeah. That means you're totally screwed. It's frustrating to not be able to get an attack in. I've faced Dragonairs with movesets like this. Inabilitating moves coupled with something like Dragonbreath.. It's brutal. Can anyone say Clair from GSC?

Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:37 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Any attack that related to confuse the pokemon is the most annoying one for me :frustrated:

Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:51 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Rest! And on RBY, the Wrap/poisoned status combo...or being paralyzed and confused at the same time...ugh.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:31 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hmmm..... lets see...

endure, protect, confuse ray/supersonic, air cutter, faint attack (which is known by too many pokemon), and sand attack/flash

Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I HATE DOUBLE TEAM! It makes me SO MAD! they use it like every turn, and it has like, ENDLESS PP! Another one is sand attack! It seems every time they use it on me, I miss every attack! Most of all, I hate Protect. they say, you can only use it like, twice before it says "But it failed!", but I think there's a glitch, because whenever I get in A fight with A Pokemon that knows it, they seem to use it endlessly.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:07 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Destiny Bond and Double Team are tied here. Destiny Bond gets annoying cause you're always afraid to take out that ridiculously fast Gengar that shows up in the Battle Tower way too often.

Double Team, for the reasons already mentioned.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:00 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Detect and Sand Attack.

Double Team is bad, but it's less annoying than Sand Attack because it only makes it hard to hit ONE Pokemon. Sand attack makes it more difficult to hit ANY Pokemon. Rrrrrr!

Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next