It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 i hate cheaters 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

It's okay to cheat. Well, who was cheating anyway? He'd go crazy if his Lugia's gone anyway. Wondertombs are :twisted: , only n00bs that don't have 8-) use them.
I hate n00bs who use Wondertombs. Anyway, I'll kill them with Toxic.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

D@RKN&ZZ999 wrote:
My friend is a cheater and it drives me crazy! :evil: But really, there is no excuse nowadays since all the events are at Toys "r" Us or Game Stop lol

Well what if someone like me doesn't have a Toys "R" Us near me, and the nearest one being hours away, which is a hell of a drive to get one pokemon. Me personally I have no problem cheating I honestly don't have the time to raise a good set of pokemon so I just pokesav all my pokemon just because I don't have the time and it saves me a whole bunch of it (don't worry I keep them totally legit with sensible IV's [and by that I mean not all 31 I balance it out] and legal EV's).

Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:27 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think people shouldn't use a gameshark or an AR. Nintendo doesn't want you to, and plus some people do hack shinies and natures, shinies isgetting a rare pokemon unfairly, and hacling natures/Ivs is not fair because it is a relatively easy thing to get those.

Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:54 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Cactuar wrote:
I think people shouldn't use a gameshark or an AR. Nintendo doesn't want you to, and plus some people do hack shinies and natures, shinies isgetting a rare pokemon unfairly, and hacling natures/Ivs is not fair because it is a relatively easy thing to get those.

The following statement which will be made by me is what I call an OPINION ALERT

Getting good IV's/Nature's are not relatively easy because it all boils down to luck. Natures are easy to manipulate because of using the everstone you have a 50% chance of the parent nature being passed down to the offspring but as for IV's go that is all luck plain and simple. Honestly cheating by using AR and Gameshark is totally fair because about 90% of people that do competitive battling have access and or the resources to get either a Gameshark or AR and the other 10% that try competitive battling don't have access to either because they are generally 10 year olds that have no idea on how to breed/EV train. So with most of the people having access to either one cheating can be and is fair.

Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm not an excessive cheater, thus I don't own a AR or gameshark. But I've borrowed my friends' AR twice. I've only gotten Master Balls on Diamond and Pearl, and the Cranidos fossils and Full Restores on Diamond (notice no Rare Candies) and the Arceus event on Diamond, then Arceus Darkrai and Shaymin events on Pearl Platinum (because he didn't have any Diamond events on his AR) and Rotom Key whatever on Platinum. ALl are event-cheats accept the 3 regular items that can be obtained, in a way, more than once in a game and not in a limited amunt. I want to get more Max Ether and Max Elixirs, though, and the other plates.

Image (by Ender)

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I don't think there is anything wrong with cheats inside pokemon games. I think that if everyone is saying 'but if you truly love your pokemon'. No. The idea of the game is 'Catch them all'. Cheats are fine. There is no point saying 'i hate cheats, blah blah blah'. The fact of the matter is if you don't like it don't do it but dont go on saying that alll us cheaters are awful.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:29 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Excessive cheaters that use cheats to do EVERYTHING are not good trainers, because they have a complete National Dex, all lv 100 pokemon, cantch any pokemon they want, have 999 or unlimited of every item, and can walk through walls etc. and don't have to restoere HP etc. while in battle. That's NOT a good trainer.

The point of the game is to be a good trainer and complete the dex. A GOOD trainer will hand-train their pokemonand not use hacked Rare Candies etc. to increase their levels. Mater Balls can be obtained almost to no limit via the lottery, so they're ok, and anything that can be bought or given from an event, or a cheat that doesn't do much or anything, like Invisible car etc. are better accepted. Notice, you generally think higher of someone who has strong pokemon and didn't use many or any cheats, rather than someone with a spectacular team and used a whole lot of cheats. I used the Event-pokemon cheats (Azure Flute, etc.) but I still caught the pokemon in Legit. pokeballs. (darkrai in a Poke Ball woohoo!)

Image (by Ender)

Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:42 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

K, i think this horse has nearly been beaten to death... but here's my two cents.

Hacking for IV's /EV's for competitive use is bad... really annoying for those of us that are trying to complete legit...
I did have a game that was hacked, and it ruined the experience. a friend put 99 master balls on my game, and did the walk anywhere to catch shaymin/ darkrai.... it ruined the experience.

I actually have aquired 491 pokemon completely legit. (not arceus, and not shaymin(( missed the f'ing event :cry: ))) and found it to be very satisfying, and after over using master balls in diamond, i used my one in pearl to catch my HM slave machoke.

The one hack i don't see a problem with is the mass TM cheat... i honestly think that they should all have ways of re-obtaining, and they can be re-obtained through trading... The other reason... if you are creating several teams, later teams shouldn't be restricted on moves because of what a previous team used... just my opinion.

NUT SHELL:
Personal cheating is OK, but really takes away from the game
Competitive cheating defeats the purpose

(BTW... how many of these threads are there now?)

Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:04 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I agree, you wrapped it up in a tightly-squeezed nutshell. I'm not a competitve cheater, like for raising pokemon, walking through walls, getting filled my dex, etc., but I have used my friend's AR twice on DPP. My other 3 games, Emerald and FR/LG, are 100% legit, though, even though I clone on Emerald (they're legit pokemon I clone, and the items). My friend uses his AR excessively, and all his pokemon have max stats at lv 100, and can beat up almost anyone's pokemon in a battle. He's insane.

Image (by Ender)

Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:15 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Can't Say I am for or against cheating I wont do it my self with a few exceptions, Like I do Duplicate Pokemon on Emerald so that when I transfer Pokemon onto Diamond I still have them on the older versions and don't have to restart to get them again like (Rayquaza) but for the most part I don't like the use of hacked pokemon.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:50 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Cheating for a normal/shiny lv. 100 good-nature no wonder guard pokemon with excellent(not KO all) moves:okay
Cheating for a Wondertomb: Stupid. Useful only for thrashing the other online players
Cheating for an event poke w/ max evs, perfect ivs, shiny form wonder guard KO all: bleh. bad.
Cheating for unlimited items: now that's useful!

{jirachi} {blaziken} {cresselia}
jx

Sat May 02, 2009 3:44 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

As long as people are enjoying their game, I don't care.

The only time hacking/cheating bothers me, is when it effects MY game. On another site I go to, we have a friendly tournament, and we stress only legit Pokemon. If someone came in with hacked Pokemon, it would ruin the entire atmosphere. That's when I have a problem.

Mon May 04, 2009 12:47 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I suppose I'll say I disagree with cheats that alter set pokemon lore and/or the game's actual structure, i.e walking through walls, cheating for key items (besides event tickets), 100% complete pokedex (because this defeats the purpose anyway).

Cheats that I take no issue with are for pokemon you can't get normally, and maybe the occasional one that is just irritating.
As far as IVs... Um.. I want my Deoxys to be an actual legendary, so hell yeah I gave it all 31 IV values, BUT I won't use it in multiplayer.
I'll also cheat for hard to get items like rare candies, evolutionary stones, and heart scales.

Yay..?

Tue May 05, 2009 1:40 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't cheat for most items I can clone LEGIT in Emerald, accept M Ball (Used it on Rayquaza X/ darn) and Rare Candy, too many is stupid, yopu can get like 10 instant lv 100s that way.

Image (by Ender)

Tue May 05, 2009 6:15 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

khoufu wrote:
I don't cheat for most items I can clone LEGIT in Emerald, accept M Ball (Used it on Rayquaza X/ darn) and Rare Candy, too many is stupid, yopu can get like 10 instant lv 100s that way.

"Clone" and "legit" really shouldn't appear in the same sentence unless one is saying "cloning is not legit."

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Tue May 05, 2009 7:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2