It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:45 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Wild Pokemon with items 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

If a Pokemon you see in the wild, is there any indication as to if they have an item or not before you catch them? I need to know because, if there is, then that would save a lot of PokeBalls.

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:
Brick Wall Concerto

Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:32 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

No, not unless they use it, in which case the chances are that it would probably be too late.

To save Pokeballs, use Thief. ;)

Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:18 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

You do get a message as to what the item is if you have a Frisker (Banette or Hypno), so you can use that along with thief to guarentee getting the itm

Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:23 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Screw the Frisker thing; I found you're much more likely to get an item using Compoundeyes, and it's faster. Get a Butterfree, teach him thief, level him to about 50 (so he can take on high leveled Pokemon AND knock them down in one hit) and when you DO steal an item, make sure you remove it so he can steal again. :)

Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:08 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Okay, thanks to all!!

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:
Brick Wall Concerto

Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:59 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Actually, what about if I have Crystal? Since there aren't any abilities, should I just use thief and hope I get something?

Brick Wall Concerto

Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:07 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Yeah, that's pretty much all you can do in GSC when thieving items: hope for the best. Abilities only come into play in Emerald, as you are already aware of.

Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:56 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Okay, that's not so bad. All's I need to do to replenish PP for Thief is go to a pokemon center, which is free. Buying Pokeballs over and over can get expensive. Thanks.

Brick Wall Concerto

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:44 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]