It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Formula for hit percentage 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Does anyone know the formula for finding out whether a move hits or not? I know how to conduct battles without the game, I just need that formula. I have yellow, and my friend has Firered. If we knew the formula, we could see who's Dragonite could kick the other's butt. :D

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:
Brick Wall Concerto

Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:23 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Take the move accuracy. The move has this probability to hit. If somebody used sand-attack, flash, double team or anything else that might reduce accuracy, use the Pyspoke STATS MODIFIERS AND THE STAT GROWTH TABLE

The rest is basic probability.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:55 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Okay, thanks. I just thought that one of your pokemon's stats would have something to do with it, too.

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:
Brick Wall Concerto

Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The_Awesomeness wrote:
Okay, thanks. I just thought that one of your pokemon's stats would have something to do with it, too.

Nope. :]

Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:33 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Okay, now I know that stats have something to do with move accuracy. Because I missed. With Surf. And there were no accuracy modifiers in place.

Brick Wall Concerto

Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:06 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Stats have nothing to do with move accuracy.

The opponent could have been holding Brightpowder, or maybe it used a move to increase its evasion/decrease your accuracy without you noticing. Did the battle take place during Sandstorm or Hail against a Pokemon with Sand Veil or Snow Cloak? Or, if you were playing RBY (and likely GSC, though I haven't tested it, but definitely not RSEFRLGDPP), there is a .4% chance that Surf will miss because of the game's erroneous probability calculation.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:56 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Okay, I have Yellow, so it must have been "the game's erroneous probability calculation." Thanks

Brick Wall Concerto

Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]