It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 randomized playthrough of Pokemon 
Lite Four
Lite Four

Recently I have decided to play through Pokemon Platinum Version (because I've had this game over a year and never got past the 2nd gym) on my vacation from work. I encourage everyone who wants to play through a game and try out some Pokemon they've never used before to try this out. How it works:

Go to Random.org and roll a random number on the right side of the screen 6 times (depending on what version you're playing through, you have to set the maximum at 151, 251, 386, or 493.) I rolled Igglybuff, Bellsprout, Porygon, Dragonite, Togetic, and Mew (re-rolled and got Magnezone, I'd prefer not to use legendaries because they can't be eggs.) I bred all these Pokemon Pearl and traded them over to Platinum with the help of someone on this forum, and that's now my team. The rule is if you roll a number that is an evolved Pokemon you have to start it off in its first form (unless it's Chansey/Snorlax/Marill etc., since they can be eggs too.) So my team is:

Igglybuff (Jenna)
Togepi (Koga)
Bellsprout (James)
Porygon (Binary)
Magnemite (Bumper)
Dratini (DQ Bahamut)

I flipped a coin to decide my trainer's gender, so I'm a male trainer named Axel who has 1 badge.

Anyone else up for this? It's a pretty good way to discover how useful a Pokemon can really be. I always thought Bellsprout kinda sucked, but so far he's my #1. Or perhaps its just because he's in the top percentile of Bellspouts?

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I wanna try this (Silver). My team:

Squirtle
Meowth
Chikorita
Omanyte
Phanphy
Charmander

So my final team will be:

Blastoise
Persian
Meganium
Omastar
Donphan
Charizard

My character is a boy named Noah.

I still don't know how I got 3 starters. I didn't cheat, I swear.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

axel is my middle name....

Okay, here goes!!
#56: Mankey->Primape
#24: Arbok
#447: Riolu-> Lucario
#359: Absol (yay! i have a shiny one! but it's in the 40's, so i won't use it...)
#100: Voltorb-> Electrode
#226: Mantine (had to reroll to get a pokemon with surf)
#468: Togekiss (huh, never used it before.... this'll be interesting...)<-Togetic<-Togepi
I'll restart my pearl to do this (never beat the E4 on it, so no loss there.... and i can get a piplup while i'm at it).
Male trainer named Rex (idk how you guys picked your names, so i'll just go with that...)

Last edited by rex09 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:20 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

ok so i decited to join the random play so far and i went to the random.org and i got

no 15
beedrill
no 492
shaymin a legendary so i will roll again for that
no 263
zigzagoon
no 40
wigglytuff
no 493
are you frieking kidding me areus on a random game and having shaymin as well this game is rigged it wants me to win
and no 42
golbat

so i rerolled for shaymin and arceus and got
no 102 and 269
execute and dustox
i noticed a problem though dustox isnt garenteed to be gotten and i dont have any of executes family so i rerolled again
135 and 246
jolteon and
i can work with that i will send eevee with the thunder stone over to the new game time to start over in platinum
so my final team will be pupitar
wigglytuff
crobat
jolteon
beedrill
linoon
tyranitar

Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:10 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

One main problem I noticed with this is the requirement of Surf and Fly (pretty much all the other HMs can be skipped as they're only needed once or twice in the games and almost everything learns Strength). I have Dragonair for Surf and Togetic for Fly, Ryan has Blastoise/Charizard, rex has Togekiss for Fly (although I would probably re-roll for something that gets Surf), and fullerfast has Linoone and Crobat.

Right now my team is kinda low leveled and I'm about to face Fantina. I have Weepinbell and a Leaf Stone, but I'm not sure when to use it. Igglybuff and Togepi (thank god) evolved and Togetic is still the loser on my team due to having a very piss-poor movepool. I found an up-grade in the T.G. building in Eterna City, so I also have Porygon2, leaving just Magnemite and Dratini in their first forms.

Good luck with your playthroughs, mine is going great so far!

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:47 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

ick igglybuff and zubat are hard to train even but i tought igglybuff return and its my most powerfull right now even though the team is only lv 7
zubat keeps ticking me off he is no good at the time but i just gotta keep on trying with this one he will get better hm hm sorry she will get better
i have decided to make igglybuff my lead (and partner) with a return under the belt once it evolves it will be a force to be reconed with
i might have a problem with roark though going to have to level a lot

i never realized exactly how weak a lv one pokemon is it is amazing a lv 2 starly takes down nearly my whole team with a couple of attacks then larvatar comes in with rock slide (guess its an egg move go figure)
ill just update my sig when my team evolves and badges gotten

Last edited by fullerfast on Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:47 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

oooh, i never noticed that... since i don't have voltorb or electrode, i'll reroll that one (not done building my team yet lol).
result is:
#103: exeggutor.
#482: Azelf.
#315: roselia
#145: zapdos
holy crap i'm unlucky at this....
after five more, i got croconaw, but i can't get my hands on it!!! wtf gotta reroll more....
another three and i finally got #226: Mantine. Thank god. lol. editing my first post accordingly.
(for any interested, i got three starters and five legends during that reroll session xD)

Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:40 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

just noticed a problem larvitar hit lv 11 and it started to not listen to orders it is from my soulsilver so he isnt "mine" but some of my other lv 11s (all are from my soulsilver) are listening fine though going to investigate to problem with larvitar
no my beedrill just refused orders as well this might not go over well with only lv 10s and some 11s who dont listen

Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:39 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'll Try.

3. Torterra (Yurtle)
141. Mantine (Kraken)
106. Hoothoot (Strix)
89. Bronzong (Liberty)
130. Toxicroak (Dart)
47. Mothim (Mac)

My Character is a male named Alex.

So my final team will be:

Torterra
Mantine
Noctowl
Bronzong
Toxicroak
Mothim

I used the Sinnoh Pokedex, so I could try to train new pokemon (I don't normally use Sinnoh pokemon.)

Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:52 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Fullerfast: To fix that problem I bred Pokemon in Pearl and traded the eggs over, they hatched in my new Platinum game and I became the new OT.

So far my team is Dragonair, Porygon2, Weepinbell, Wigglytuff, Magnezone, and Togetic all about level 30, give or take a few levels. I just beat Maylene and I'm about to go through the Veilstone warehouse to beat up team Galactic. I played the slots for over an hour to get Togetic TM29 because he sucked so bad, lol.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm at the pokemon league right now. I had to edit my team, so I threw out Toxicroak and Mothim, and replaced them for Lucario and Dialga. I really have no life, do I? Anyways, Playing through pokemon has gotten really old. It's just not that fun.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I started today!! took me awhile because togepi apparently can't have kids, so i had nothing to breed!! had to evolve the stupid thing....
but yeah. three guys, three girls. all named (after a fashion) after their parents (yes i'm sappy like that). my togepi came out without any attack moves whatsoever, so training will be a pain in the @$$ for it. but, yeah. yay, i started!!! [/randompost]

Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:23 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I would just like to say Togepi/Togetic are some of the hardest Pokemon I have ever trained. Metronome, Yawn, Encore, and Rock Smash are about the only moves you have to work with until level 33 (AncientPower) or Gamecorner's TM29 (Psychic).

I suffered through it though and I am very satisfied at how my how Togekiss came out.

Still need to evolve my Porygon2 though, it's such a pain to evolve, I have the dubious disc but haven't set up a trade yet...

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

with the weaker pokemon who dont learn moves for what seems like ever i had igglybuff i taught it return just because it has a great base power for a lower lv pokemon and it only gets stronger as you use the pokemon so its a win/win scenario you can easily raise it and it gets stronger plus if you are like me and seem to linger around in the different towns you can easilly get massages and rasie the power to max evolveand more

i sent the eggs over now and things are going well even though zubat is still extreamly weak and eevee and larvatar havent hatched yet but all goes well

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:12 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

okay, thanks for the togepi tips, guys/gal!!
right now, it looks like mantine and *shocked* mankey are my strongest ones. riolu kinda sucks right now due to the fact that drain punch only has five pp, and quick attack does squat. absol's good as well, but as soon as something resistant to bite comes along, he's probably toast. ekans is alrite... so yeah, overall, just grinding to get my pokemon to the levels they need to be, then i'm gonna be off to oreburgh!!

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:57 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Try this instead its a pokemon random generator which you can omit legends!
my team

Nintails -> Vulpix
Umbreon -> Eevee
Garchomp -> Gible
Scizor -> Scyther
Electrike
Croconaw -> totodile

Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:01 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Acually, its preference in the regular random generator, or just a pokemon generator. Either way good luck!

BEAST MODE

#E3CF57 reference ;]

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:38 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

About to start this on Platinum. Here's my team:

#475 - Gallade "Erureido"
#398 - Staraptor "Bazinga"
#478 - Froslass "Yuki Onna"
#352 - Kecleon "Geico"
#171 - Lanturn "LolNemo"
#206 - Dunsparce "Flinchy"

I really have never used any of these before, so it should be pretty fun. Especially Kecleon :D

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:10 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

{wigglytuff} level 50
{togekiss} level 48
{porygon-z} level 48
{victreebel} level 53
{magnezone} level 53
{dragonite} level 57

Well that was fun! I'm thinking about randomizing a playthrough for HeartGold or FireRed; I can't really decide.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:01 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

go with FireRed, HGSS sucked imo.... besides, in HGSS, it's hard to train, but then again, it's pretty long, so...
Right now, I just got out of Valley Windworks and I am currently grinding. Interesting moment was when my Togepi used Metronome, and Aeroblasted the crap out of a Bidoof.
EDIT: 666th post....dudundun.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:26 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

HGSS. It requires less grinding than FRLG.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I will play through Gold using Gameshark with no Duplicate types
Team:
68-Machamp
185-
242-
(80 Regen due to water type)
202-
136-
134-

(Where does the time go?)

Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:08 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think I'mma restart my Pearl and do this .. or maybe just jump straight into Plantinum .. well back to the topic.

Capped @ 386 .
Rolled SEVERAL SHYT LOADS OF TIMES . Why ? A friggin WATER won't come in and I was really pissed >.>

#153 - {magmar}
#227 - {skarmory}
#336 - {seviper}
#123 - {scyther}
$106 - {hitmonlee}
#159 - {croconaw} -> {feraligatr}

Some stuff I got while surfing for my last Pokemon [ Surfer ]

{tangela} {chansey} {flareon} {mightyena}

And some other legendaries . I really wanted Mightyena but darn had to let it go by my eyes ..

1 Question though , before I kick things off , am I allowed to evolve things like Magmar & Scyther to Magmortar & Scizor ?

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:07 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

This isn't the nuzlocke crap, there are no rules. When I played through Platinum with my team I said I wasn't going to evolve Togetic or Porygon because I thought their evolution items weren't in the game, but they were, so I ended up evolving them.

When I play random, I don't trade the items I can't get like evolution stuff.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:26 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The results I got were...

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next