It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:29 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
 Pokegods,Glitchy pokes and trainers and more glitchy stuff 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Yes,true there are many glitches,from flying OAKs to Hyper Beaming Missingnos.But people have settled down a bit with the 3rd generation.Glitchpokes as crazy as M and it's odd family don't exist anymore.

But glitchpokes still exist and the antics of the bad EGG or the D/P Box are all famous.

So let's talk about things we know about them and experiences with them from battling to everything and I mean all glitchpokes from green to D/P.

What I've seen:In D/P version one guy on youtube used AR wtw(Walk Through Walls)and while being with his rival at the start of the game entered a lake.He was cloned cuz the game thought he was with his rival.His clone sent out a D/P Box and the wild pokemon's companion was a D/P Box as well.

What have you heard/seen???

Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've seen stuff that made me laugh and "cry" at the same time. When I first got AR for Gameboy Advance, my experiments in FireRed and Emerald went wrong and the things that got affected by it wasn't my Pokemon. It was my character. In FireRed, my character turned into a floating Newspaper....ya...it was literaly a piece of newspaper Floating around. :lol: I couldn't battle people as the game would hang. That was permanent even though I didn't save after using the Action Replay. I had to restart my game to get rid of that Glitch....made me quite sad. :( In Emerald, my Male Character got turned into a female lady (The kind of lady you see as Middle-aged Women in Emerald.) that could walk through Walls, walk on water and battle. (I became a trainer again when I battle.)I can tell you it was Hilarious. I call it the Newspaper and Aunty Transformation. :lol:

Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:25 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

well, i've seen a cloning glitch in which you go to battle frontier and yea... You first put the pokemon in your box, save, take them out, and enter them for a contest (you have to choose open level). When the person asks if you want to save, you turn off. It's kinda weird. Even though I've seen people do it successfully, I didnt. I have emerald and I tried that. However, when I tried to clone Blaziken, all my Torchic eggs AND my level 80 blaziken disappeared!!!!!!! I must have done something wrong... and yea, it made me really sad :( , because I had to restart in order to gain another starter! (I couldn't trade for one because I don't have the wireless cord, otherwise, I would have traded a LONG time ago!!!) *sniffs*

Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:29 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

No Gameshark, and it was Blue Version. I took these pictures about 3 years ago with my webcam and SP.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:09 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Wow those are seriously some messed up glitches folks!!!Thanks!!!

About the cloning glitch in crystal pokemon might gain the name ??? so this dissaperance is possible as well and Krisp,did you do the missingno trick?

About your glitch Saphirath,I dunno but AR can seriously alter your game's coding sometimes.

I think I've also quite solved the question while missingno apears.

When you battle OLD MAN the game changes your name into OLD MAN and your name goes into the "wild pokemon RAM" for a while but in cinnabar there's no grass and since your name goes to that RAM it means that Missingno and M are nothing but your name transformed into a wild pokemon and other data as well.Mayby that explains why when you battle using M or Missingno thier backwards sprite sometimes is that of your trainer.

Also note that those D/P boxes were shiny,or better they were shining.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:10 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I heard the Missingno. thing was that because the weedle wasn't meant to be caught, it was coded a different way, and the data of whatever Pokemon you last fought is stored at the edge of Cinnabar, then GF thought there'd be no problem because when you move it resets. And that's how the safari Pokemon appeared there.

Anyway, here's what I've found:

Yesterday, I found out that on LG and FR, if you have something in your party with an Unown, then move from the Pokemon to Unown (or vice-versa, it might or might not work both ways), the Unown is red for a split second.

On my Emerald, in the Battle Factory, my Charmeleon was hit by Surf and then my game told me:

"CHARMELEON'S COLOR CHANGE MADE IT THE WATER TYPE!"

Then Surf hit again and it said "It's not very effective..."

In Sapphire, I found an Orange Poochyena at the start of the game; ftr, my name was AMBER (which is an orange colour :O ).

In Ruby I found two Red kecleons.

In Pearl, I walked on water at the lake when my rival was there (he didn't walk on it), then I entered a battle. I think it was two shiny Psyducks, or maybe one Psyduck and a box. Anyway, the text was broken, into dots, and the tops were moved over, it was weird.

I'll edit if I remember any more.

Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:52 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

ShinyHunter...these are some interesting glitches...

About your charmeleon the game thought that it had the color change ability,an ability which allows a pokemon to change it's type according to the first attack done to it in battle.That though is weird and very messed up...

Now about the other-colored-yet-not-shiny pokemon I have actually heard of them,specificly about a green dratini...but since they exist in the anime too(search bulbapedia)I guess they're harmless and supposed to exist.

KEEP POSTING PEOPLE!!!

Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:10 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

...this is all creepy...
my friends friend uses AR to get regigigas, arceus and more

whos missingno?

Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:44 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Missingo is a malicious glitch in Red/Blue/Yellow(mayby Green as well)which occurs when talking to the old man in viridian and then flying to cinnabar and surfing at the east shore right at the edge.It's a wierd box of pixels that can be founds in various forms and levels,most common being 0 and 80.It's moveset is unique as it has 2 times Water Gun(yes exactly) and Sky Attack.It's types are even more paranoic as they are Bird(NOT flying)/Normal.Also note that when encountered it increases the number of the item in the sixth slot depending if it's caught or not.Finally it seriously messes up your Hall of Fame data,google it.

Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:41 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Krisp, that fourth one from the top doesn't look like RBY. It looks like a Croagunk, or something.

Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:27 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

pup42512n wrote:
Krisp, that fourth one from the top doesn't look like RBY. It looks like a Croagunk, or something.

Looks like a Poliwrath to me. Lol, all the sprites for when your using a poke in RBY look seriously messed up to me...

Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:55 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Used Shiva?

BWAHAHA.

Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:31 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Smaug wrote:
Missingo is a malicious glitch in Red/Blue/Yellow(mayby Green as well)which occurs when talking to the old man in viridian and then flying to cinnabar and surfing at the east shore right at the edge.It's a wierd box of pixels that can be founds in various forms and levels,most common being 0 and 80.It's moveset is unique as it has 2 times Water Gun(yes exactly) and Sky Attack.It's types are even more paranoic as they are Bird(NOT flying)/Normal.Also note that when encountered it increases the number of the item in the sixth slot depending if it's caught or not.Finally it seriously messes up your Hall of Fame data,google it.

Green is pretty much a horribly programmed game with tons of glitches in it. You can find videos on YouTube.

Missingno is also possible to trade over to Yellow and Stadium, but it's likely to mess up games in the process.

There were a few glitches in the Japanese release of D/P (first pressing, so don't try importing one now):

1. If Ditto transforms, it somehow keeps the moves of what it transformed into.
2. A way to start surfing from one of the Elite 4's rooms and eventually be able to catch Darkrai and Shaymin as if you were actually on their respective islands.

There is a way (AR required) to activate the Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur glitch, check Bulbapedia.

And of course, the (in)famous GTS cloning glitch.

Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:13 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

http://www.trsrockin.com/tales.html

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... y:Glitches

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcywCPoMeZI

Posting these links for great justice.

As for me, I've stumbled across the Bad Egg glitch in Sapphire when I used a Walk-Through-Walls code to get to that area where you battle people using the gamelink cable. My game froze and I had to restart. Nothing was lost, fortunately, but my Hall of Fame was corrupted (a level 80 Moltres was there).

Ive also used many different codes in Blue to get the infamous "Pokégods". I didn't find MissingN0, but 'M (which are theorically the same, I think); it evolved to Rhydon when it leveled up, but its level went down a bunch.

Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:57 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I did the "catch mew in lavander town" glitch in red and now, when ever I try to start a new save file, Oak emerges from the shadows like normal and makes Nidorino sounds, while some techno-y beat sizzles in the back ground with the occasional "Key Item obtained" noise jiggling in.
I makes me laugh to hear it, but I died a little on the inside when my red version became unplayable.

And what makes it more depressing is that It was my original red version that I got as a kid, and I remember spending hours just looking through the booklet (which I still have, duct taped, somewhere) and teasing my sister for getting the blue version.
*sniffles*
Good times.

Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Smaug wrote:
ShinyHunter...these are some interesting glitches...

About your charmeleon the game thought that it had the color change ability,an ability which allows a pokemon to change it's type according to the first attack done to it in battle.That though is weird and very messed up...

Now about the other-colored-yet-not-shiny pokemon I have actually heard of them,specificly about a green dratini...but since they exist in the anime too(search bulbapedia)I guess they're harmless and supposed to exist.

KEEP POSTING PEOPLE!!!

About the Dratini, have you seen it in the game? There's probably no evidence of my ones, since I couldn't catch them and I thought shiny Poochyena was that colour anyway. And I thought that there was three types of shinies: normal, GSC style and Iron Defense style. I don't think there's anything about them in the coding, though.

I got a PM a few months back from LWK saying that he found one too.
I don't know what happened with Poochyena, but it was Amber, and my trainer's name was Amber. Even if I'm remembering the colours wrong (even though I rang my friend and told him it was orange), it DID sparkle the wrong way, like a GSC Pokemon, in a C shape and before the cry; it even had the same sound effects.

As for the Charmeleon, I saw a picture of a LG game and it said "Spearow's Keen Eye paralyzed Pikachu!"

Strange.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:41 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

once i saw that my darkrai(ftw actionreplays!)turned into a rain version of(I for get his name,that pokemon from the weather institute in emrald),when a pokemon used rainy day,or something like that,i thought it was worth posting,because im Xtremly board!but then,sadly,my game glitched after that very weird battle,i just started yelling :censored: every where and chucked my DS across the room(as every smart person does,because now my touch screen is :censored: up)btw now my pokemon pearl is glitched,doesnt work,and is split to 2 peices,i dont know why it happened,but try to figure it out,or ignore it,i hope u understand as i do, :frustrated: stupid :censored: :censored: game,might as well stick you up a :censored: ,bye!

Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:10 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Um...what?

That's a lie, if i understood you correctly.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:56 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

a friend of mine was playing his LeafGreen or FireRed on his older gameboy which has a dent in the screen and looks discolored like when you press down on the display of a calculator. He sees a shiny Ponyta that happened to be on that part of the screen, and he hadn't heard of shinies, so he thought it was just the screen. then the star animation shows, and he thinks his game is glitching up. so he runs :|

want to trade?

0646 1156 7995 FC

Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:42 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

pokeperv wrote:
once i saw that my darkrai(ftw actionreplays!)turned into a rain version of(I for get his name,that pokemon from the weather institute in emrald),when a pokemon used rainy day,or something like that,i thought it was worth posting,because im Xtremly board!but then,sadly,my game glitched after that very weird battle,i just started yelling :censored: every where and chucked my DS across the room(as every smart person does,because now my touch screen is :censored: up)btw now my pokemon pearl is glitched,doesnt work,and is split to 2 peices,i dont know why it happened,but try to figure it out,or ignore it,i hope u understand as i do, :frustrated: stupid :censored: :censored: game,might as well stick you up a :censored: ,bye!

drakonezduskmoon wrote:
a friend of mine was playing his LeafGreen or FireRed on his older gameboy which has a dent in the screen and looks discolored like when you press down on the display of a calculator. He sees a shiny Ponyta that happened to be on that part of the screen, and he hadn't heard of shinies, so he thought it was just the screen. then the star animation shows, and he thinks his game is glitching up. so he runs :|

To me (being the only girl in my after school that plays pokemon) that is really :censored: up, pokeperv. How did the game snap in half? drakonezduskmoon, that is sad, even if he didnt know about shiny pokemon. :3

SoulSilver:

Sun May 23, 2010 8:23 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 20 posts ]