It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:20 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 What pokemon do you want to evolve in the 5th gen of pokemon 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: United Kingdom, or according to Nintendo nowhere as our country normally doesn't exist to them.
I would say there are only a few pokemon now that need an evo

{surskit} - Has a unique typing that was wasted into just becoming another dull bug/flying pokemon. Where as they could have created something a bit more unique and useful.

{farfetch'd} and {mawile} - both seem to suffer from being ignored my gamefreak. While they gave evos to {tangela} and {lickitung} poor old farfetch'd and mawile were left behind. Yes I accept that a farfetch'd evo would most likely end up as just another normal/flying pokemon, but would add a bit of verity with physical slash moves. And of course it shouldn’t be getting a huge boost either, just enough to make it a bit more potent in the UU tier. Mawile would be a pretty cool pure steel type (the only other being registeel), I doesn't need another type added to it, just better base stats. However unlike farfetch'd it needs a significant boost to make use of its full range of resistances and to take it to BL/OU, I would suggest a spread of 75/115/100/95/100/70, and access to a few more moves to expand the move set.

{chatot} - I really liked this guy, I used him to defeat the bug guy in the elite 4 and used him to catch giratina (he was the only poke I had with a (somewhat) reliable sleep move at the time coupled with the typing to help dodge its attacks) and I thought it was a shame he didn’t get an evo to help him be a bit more useful in the metagame.

{xatu} - With the exception of lugia (uber anyway) this poke has a really interesting typing (and as a result move sets) as well, all it needs are better base stats and maybe like four wings.

As for this {eevee} controversial little fur ball, I think that no matter what, there will be 16 evo's of it. I think that game freak as shown some restraint in only providing 7 at the moment, even adding none in gen 3, I agree that they have awful stats and pretty shallow move pool, BUT that’s the price it payed for being versatile,

You could also follow the same path feebas did for evolving it. max toughness for steel, max cool for fighting, max beauty for dragon, max smart for poison, max cute for flying . And instead of maxing happiness to get it to evolve get happiness down to 0 for ghost.

Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:47 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

tpjerematic wrote:
I would say there are only a few pokemon now that need an evo

Yes I accept that a farfetch'd evo would most likely end up as just another normal/flying pokemon, but would add a bit of verity with physical slash moves. And of course it shouldn’t be getting a huge boost either, just enough to make it a bit more potent in the UU tier.

...Or, they could make him evolve into some sort of Flying/Grass type Pokemon... (hint, hint: The Leek, the Leek!) But I think he'd make an Kick-ass Chef/Gourmet looking Pokemon. Like a Honchkrow, sized bird with feathers on it's head that look like a chef's hat holding a Leek-type-sword or somthing... I dunno, I haven't thought of how it'd look....

tpjerematic wrote:

And instead of maxing happiness to get it to evolve get happiness down to 0 for ghost.

Poke'abuse!
Kidding, but I don't think that'd work seeing that (not sure on this...) when you first get a new Pokemon, it's happiness is at 0.
But a Ghost type Eevee would be.... amazing.

Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:06 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: United Kingdom, or according to Nintendo nowhere as our country normally doesn't exist to them.
Kruggeikarp wrote:

tpjerematic wrote:

And instead of maxing happiness to get it to evolve get happiness down to 0 for ghost.

Poke'abuse!
Kidding, but I don't think that'd work seeing that (not sure on this...) when you first get a new Pokemon, it's happiness is at 0.
But a Ghost type Eevee would be.... amazing.

According to the psydex eevee's base happiness is 70

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/psydex/133/stats

But the point is that its (for the most part) harder to get base happiness to 0 than it is to max it,

Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:03 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

See? It wold be more of a challange to get a plasmeon (or whatever the ghost thing will/might be called) than espeon.

Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:57 am
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

Actually, it is much easier to get a Pokemon's happiness to hit zero. Buy about six or seven Revivalherbs (or whatever the bitter medicine version of Revive is), have the Pokemon lose in a battle, revive it with the bitter medicine, rise and repeat. You can have a Pokemon's happiness hit minimum in a matter of minutes whereas it takes hours to maximize happiness legitimately.

Unhappiness evolutions are never going to happen, people. These games are handled by a company that has always had a family-friendly image and whose North American translation team renamed Evil Pokemon as "Dark Pokemon." Making your Pokemon hate you to become more powerful isn't the best moral that Nintendo wants to be teaching children.

Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:18 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Frost wrote:

These games are handled by a company that has always had a family-friendly image and whose North American translation team renamed Evil Pokemon as "Dark Pokemon." Making your Pokemon hate you to become more powerful isn't the best moral that Nintendo wants to be teaching children.

.....Although, if you really think about it, Pokemon is sorta' a sadistic lil' game.
I mean, you steal wild creatures out of their natural habitat, away from their flocks/herds/packs/families, so that you can store them in a pocket sized capsule, only to let them out to a) fight grueling, painful battles for your fame/amusement/muneys, b) do manual labor, clearing obstacles, ect. and/or c) to dress up in ridiculous outfits, dance for an audience, and exert their energy in contest for your fame and other people's amusement.

But, that's something else Nintendo wants to keep under wraps. :o

Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:45 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Def. Chatot!!!!!!! He's so kool!

Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:50 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jynx. I have no clue why but I have a feeling it would be ugly :?

Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:22 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

They could give an evolution that wasn't ugly....
Like a Geisha-style Pokemon!
Even give her an Umbrella and give her some fighting-type moves.
Yeah :D

Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:36 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

{kangaskhan}-needs a pre-evo, it doesn't make sense, that you have a baby in a pouch, and you are a female only pokemon. I understand the whole ditto thing, but (I know I'm going into this too deeply) the safari zone is a fenced in environment. The only possible way for this to make sense if the staff used ditto to breed the Kangaskhan. We need a baby kanga, gamefreak.

{corsola}-needs an evolution because it's a cool pokemon idea, but is crippled because of it's defense and special defense stats-they should be higher, to make up for it's low base speed stat. (I'm talking about steelix like defense). I present Corsoladam. A joining of a bunch of corsola, to create a dam-reef like structure.

Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:40 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{charizard} i would like to see a torkoal evolution. Maybe a two-headed tortoise with a volcano on his back.Behold Torkano! {charizard}

Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:46 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I am inside your soul. It's actually really comfortable in here.
There already is a pokemon with a volcano on its back (Camerupt), but considering how nintendo always takes old ideas and make new rip-offs of the originals every generation, I guess that would be a good idea. But why two heads? :?
A few other cool evolutions could be an evo of Skarmory that has jet engines for wings, and one for Spinda that can use good moves like Dynamicpunch and Psychic.
I still don't want a kangaskhan pre-evolution. I don't think that just because if you get a baby kangaskhan in the games and it comes with a baby already means that nintendo should make it a whole new pokemon. Even if everyone else in the universe wants a kangaskhan pre-evo, I never will, but I guess if Nintendo wants to, they can. I'll just hate them for all eternity.

Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:28 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

A two-headed torkoal would be awesome! Plus, torkoal's back is always smoking, so if it had an Evo, it would make sense to have a volcano.

Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:06 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ooo! Seeing that Torkoal is a coal Pokemon it could evolve into a furnace-looking Pokemon and become a Fire/Steel type!!!!!
:D :D :D :D

Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:39 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Kruggeikarp wrote:
Ooo! Seeing that Torkoal is a coal Pokemon it could evolve into a furnace-looking Pokemon and become a Fire/Steel type!!!!!
:D :D :D :D

Cool and give it a signature move?

somthing like

Molten Iron
Type: Steel
Power: 100
Accuracy: 95
PP: 10
Damage type: Physical
Effect: 20% chance of burn

Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:06 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

!!! That sounds perfect! :D
....but, it's rant time....
The major change I wanna' see in Pokemon in the next gen. is that we don't have to get HM slaves to take up that valuable last slot that we could be training a battle Pokemon in; I wish they'd add like a, "field" slot, where you can teach your precious Zangoose Cut, but it won't take up that fourth move slot, 'cause let's face it, who really uses cut in battle anyway? And adding an extra move slot wouldn't solve the problem. Again, who wants crappy ol' cut when you can have swords dance?
Either a "field" slot or make HM taught moves a lot stronger, that's how I want my Pokemon in gen. 5.
Ok, sorry. Had to get that out of my system.... it hurt...

I think they should also have a new type, like, Light.
I mean, they have Dark.... Why not light?
Or maybe just make Dark Pokemon weak against Normal Pokemon. That'd make having dark Pokemon at the beginning of the game suck, but in the later stages, they'd be pretty invincible.
And, just for good measure, Normal weak against Poison.
Poison needs more of a boost in strengths....

Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:18 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have seen this pokemon sprited on another source, http://www.pokecharms.com/articles/nemesis/nemgen/, but I like it and I like the idea. It is called Donuo, and only has one head. PRE-EVO OF DODUO!
Also, they should make a Machop evolution for female machamps...

{pidgeot} {swellow} {staraptor}-Superbird

Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:35 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I would like and evolution of Pinser to go with the one of scyther. I also think that the idea of a pre evolution of doduo would be a pretty good idea maybe a pre evolution of Onix too.

Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:38 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ah-ha! I got it!
They should make a "???" type Pokemon and it could be weak against Normal!
And more Ghost Pokemon! Like, I think a Scarecrow-looking one would be a neat Grass/Ghost....

Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:59 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

superbird wrote:

Also, they should make a Machop evolution for female machamps...

Yes... Female Machamps scare me........ :cry:

Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I could see them in the next generation doing a lot of female evolutions like the Machop one suggested above.

Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:05 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I think that Gyarados deserve a third evolution , either as water/dragon or flying /dragon using special items such as dragon stone .

Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:54 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Heracross, Farfetch'd (PLEASE), and Pinsir.

I'd like to see a Skarmory evo, but it would be broken.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:21 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

I want Arceus to evolve, they made it too weak.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I would love to see an alternate form of magikarp evolution but with more special based stats, as opposed to gyarados's physical based stats. What would also be pretty sweet would is an evolution of Ditto or Lapras.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:57 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next