It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 what your single player stratigy 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

curently i am playing my brother's pokemon form the begining and i'm only lvling 3 repeat 3 pokemon. so far they concered one of their greatest weakness, STEEL TYPE. next its Ice type. what stratigy do you use for the single player stratigy (do you use multipul or 1 pokemon like in the other games)

i'm silver not gold (darn)

92% of all competitive battlers think that Skarm, Bliss, a Gengar and a good 'Chomp is all you need to own things. If you're in the 8% who value creative thinking and originality with your teams, put this in you signature.

Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:58 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Do you mean single-player as in in-game, or single-player as in Battle Tower?

Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:53 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

yah in game.

92% of all competitive battlers think that Skarm, Bliss, a Gengar and a good 'Chomp is all you need to own things. If you're in the 8% who value creative thinking and originality with your teams, put this in you signature.

Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:51 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

When I play in game, I use four pokemon that I really like and want to train, usually all from the region I'm playing in. For exaple, my current team consists of Infernape, Kricketune, Mantine, and Ambipom. My Emerald team was Swampert, Gardevoir, Camerupt, and Flygon

In general, I use an all-offensive attack, since in-game trainers suck and have no defence whatsoever :)

Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:13 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

lol i did the whole 6 pokemon thing on my Dimiond and it dosn't work that well. i found out that if 3 pokemon are 10 lvl or higher than the event trainers you don't realy have to worry about weakness.

Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:19 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

johnwolf wrote:
lol i did the whole 6 pokemon thing on my Dimiond and it dosn't work that well. i found out that if 3 pokemon are 10 lvl or higher than the event trainers you don't realy have to worry about weakness.

That's why I only use 3-4. It's easy to keep them 5-10 levels higher that way. Plus that leaves room for 2 HM slaves.

As for dealing with weaknesses, usually I choose a well rounded team (on my replay of LG I'm using Venusaur, Vaporeon, Clefable, Ninetales) to avoid type weaknesses. But if you teach your pokemon countering moves (ex giving Infernape Grass Knot for Water types) it's really easy to pwn in-game trainers.

If you only use 1-2 pokemon, you still win from levels, but you run out of PP quicker when battling the countless in-game trainers.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:32 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

heh yah i was worried that my team was going to suck infront of steel types but they wamped them. ice now is what i'm afraid of. current team is luxray, trorterra, and staraptor. so yes this is going to be hard.

Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:38 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

johnwolf wrote:
heh yah i was worried that my team was going to suck infront of steel types but they wamped them. ice now is what i'm afraid of. current team is luxray, trorterra, and staraptor. so yes this is going to be hard.

If your Staraptor has Close Combat and is high enough level, you might be able to OHKO the Ice types with SE Close Combat.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:56 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well I worked through the game with just my Infernape, Garchomp and Gyarados. More than enough to pawn the Gyms, your Rival and the E4 & Champion. :)

Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:32 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I pick six Pokemon in a theme. I bought a second copy of FireRed today, and I'm going to imitate Red from the Pokemon Special manga, so it will be Venasaur, Pikachu-Raichu, Poliwrath, Eevee-?, Gyarados/Aerodactyl, and Snorlax. I might make a couple of changes though.

^^^spongedude made this. He is AWESOME!!

Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:24 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Go throughout the whole game raising only 3 Pokemon to fight, all of them sweepers. (In Diamond, I was lucky enough to be able to raise 4. Shiny, Male, Buneary, For the Win!!)

Fight every trainer I come across, regardless of who it is, then proceed piledriving the trainer.
I do this all the way up to the E4. (In Diamond, the E4 was deadly hard and annoying to me - well, at least the last two were.)

After I complete the E4, then I think of ideas for a good battling team.

Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:24 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I always do something like this:

Starter at +10 lvls for most harder fights
Beginning Flying pokemon for speed
Special Sweeper with different types
Some other random Pokemon for coverage

This worked for Diamond up till E4 but I just needed to train everything up another 4 levels.

Right now I'm trying it would in my LeafGreen game. Misty was strangely hard to beat, even with Pikachu equal level to Starmie. Only won cause I knew it needed to be slowed down.

Leaf Green team now:
Charmeleon
Pikachu
Pidgeotto
Clefairy
Mankey

I'm going to drop a couple and pick up others as I go along. I'm a huge fan of Diglett so I'm grabbing one right now to replace Mankey

I consider Giratina the 'opposite side' of the mystical Dialga and Palkia, being born when the world was first created. Basically the anti-existence to all the other pokemon.

Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Get a starter, and three others to assist sweeping and to have better type coverage. Then beat the game.

Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:54 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I usually use 6 pokemon: A grass, fire, water, psychic, flying, and some strong physical sweeper.
I fight all the trainers I can.
Result: I beat Diamond easily

Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:09 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I usually just grab stuff near the beginning and carry it through to the end, making no more than one or two changes to the team as a whole. My first LG team was Venusaur, Graveler, Gyarados/Snorlax, Omastar, Kadabra, and Pidgeot.

(S)ome dumb kids looked at Mewtwo and thought "Hey he can clone things and move objects with his mind and be weak to Ghost attacks, why can't I?" Because it is a freaking game!!! Not something you should actaully practice in real life!!!

Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:34 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

heh heh wene i played the games rbygsc games i used my starter and kept using it at lvl like 80 sumten. only like catching lvl 40's at the victory road. it helped me defeat the elite 4, champion, and red (ash and red are different people SO DON"T CALL HIM ASH IN GSC) i tried the same tatic in RSE and got pwned by the elite 4. so now i use 3 pokemon only. have you noticed that they made the elite 4 harder. or is it just me.

Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:01 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

My strategy is take people out as soon s possible

Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:40 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i think thats the main stratigy in all games i mean do you use one pokemon to sweep through the game. or do you use multiple and wich ones do you use.

Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:13 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well thats probably the best strategy i'd say use 4 high levelled pokemon which sweep through the gyms and E4 and ditch them after the E4 to get a better competetive team.

Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:22 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My strategy is first think which move should he/she use?
Then choose my attack (usually I paralyse first.)

Just keep thinking 1 stap further because your playing against a computer you can pridict (prodict, predict? Darn my English is so poor.) the next move.

6 Pokemon, I always have one with or a lot of HP or a lot of sp DEF, DEF that's for if one of my Pokemon faint i can recover it before another Pokemmon get slaugtert :wink:
And because I catch many Pokemon I have always a weak one by the hand or a grass type with sleep, stun, poisenpowder.

Mon May 12, 2008 1:28 am
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

What I do is simple, and I've done it since I first got Blue when I was but a wee child.

1. Train only the starter (So I heard you liek {mudkip}s)

2. Fill the other 5 party slots with the strongest pokemon you have caught as backup, incase your starter gets pwnt (But don't go and use 5 ground types or something)

3. Save your TMs unless you have access to extras

4. Legendaries help.

5. Own every trainer and their mother (With your starter, of course)

The games aren't made to be hard, so theres no need for in depth strategy if you're just playing through story mode

~ Face

"DERP I'M A DUMBASS :B"

Mon May 12, 2008 4:25 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

my post game strategy
1 staraptor fly bravebird close combat i can't remember mostly for flying
mewtwo for owning
dialga&palkia same as above all 3 lv100
exp share holding jirachi
hm slave
this owns all trainers in game 3 pokemon for owning because that means i don't have to heal even if i run out of pp
I got my jirachi in a trade and it was lv10 i'll take it out when it learns doom desire and train my manaphy

Mon May 19, 2008 8:38 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

For single player I have a double-battle strategy that is sure to win, but requires many trips to a Pokemon Center (this is for games prior to Pearl/Dimond):

Have 1 Gengar with Ev's in Spc. Attack and Attack and moves: Psycic, Shadow Ball, Fire Punch, and Ice Punch

Have 5 Electrodes with EV's in Attack and Spd and Explosion (See where this is headed)

The explosions kill everything but ghosts, steels, and rocks all of which can be handled by the Gengar . Not the most fun means of defeating an opponent but it lets you take on people at much lower levels then normally required.

Tue May 27, 2008 9:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]