It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Legendary Fighters 
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

^True, but a 4x weakness? I can see a 2x weakness, but not a 4x one as being quite as feasible as others.
Wait, Dragonite and Garchomp have 4x weaknesses. Eh, you're right.

Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:04 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I don't think any x4 Weakness should be really that bad on a legendary unless it messes up with the legend that got with it. I'm not sure a Dark/Fighting would ever mean with that many bugs in the wild. Something like that would be a forest dweller, it would be more of urban area or isolated thing.

What I'd like to see is a legendary with typing like Psychic/Bug.

I consider Giratina the 'opposite side' of the mystical Dialga and Palkia, being born when the world was first created. Basically the anti-existence to all the other pokemon.

Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Arceus can be available in all types :D . But who is the rock legendary?

Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:44 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

I think Shaymin and celebi are sort of bugs?

Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: On a little blue marble called Earth rolling through the playground known as the Solar System.
SAIRAM wrote:

If you had actually read all the posts, you'd know that I only counted Arceus as normal because the only way it can be others is it's ability.

Jaredt222 wrote:
I think Shaymin and celebi are sort of bugs?

They may look like bugs, but thay are both grass type pokemon.

Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:39 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

For me, Regigigas should have been Fight Type because it's super effective against his 3 minions.

SAIRAM wrote:

The rock-type legendary is Regirock.

Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:01 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Um, what 4x advantage does Heracross, or any other Bug Pokemon, have against a Fighting/Dark Pokemon? Bug is resisted by Fighting and strong against Dark, hence it would be neutral against a Dark/Fighting Pokemon. Heracross specifically does have an advantage against such a typing because of its FIGHTING half, and that's only a 2x advantage at that.

Also, Shaymin is a hedgehog and Celebi is random fairy thing. What looks bug-like about them at all?

Plx to be checking your facts, kthx.

Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:12 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I'm not really for Fighting-type legendaries. Pretty much because that Type just isn't "legendary-ish" to me, if you know what I mean. The other types are fine to me, though. Bug and Poison could be half of the Type of a legendary, like Dark/Poison (like Drapion) and Rock/Bug (like Armaldo). Pure Fighting, Bug or Poison types, though... I just can't visualize that, specially Fighting. That type just doesn't suit well in a Legendary category (I don't mean in respect of their weaknesses, movepool or any other in-battle aspect, just the overall idea of a Fighting-type Legendary). I mean, we have Lucario, that everyone thought was a Legendary until Riolu was released to the public (and still there were people speculating Lucario to be the first Legendary with a pre-form), but it's not a pure Fighting-type. Even if it was a Legendary, though, it would just seem weird; at least to me. It suits way better as a one-of (until, well, you start breeding it), somehow-hard-to-find/evolve.

Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:22 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I kinda agree with Darjulok that Regirock would have made a good fighting type. I still stand by the stomatopod as a potential single-type Bug legend.

But now that Gardy's started talking about dual types... wouldn't Rock/Poison be interesting?

(S)ome dumb kids looked at Mewtwo and thought "Hey he can clone things and move objects with his mind and be weak to Ghost attacks, why can't I?" Because it is a freaking game!!! Not something you should actaully practice in real life!!!

Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I don't find legendary fighters very useful for the fact that if it is a legendary, it should have some non-physical power, which is opposite of what fighting pokemon are. You know, to think about it, lugia fits better as a flying-dragon than a water-flying. I don't think giratina looks like a bug type cos where's the huge eyes :?:

Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:02 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

DragonSpear wrote:
I don't find legendary fighters very useful for the fact that if it is a legendary, it should have some non-physical power, which is opposite of what fighting pokemon are.

Registeel/rock/gigas seem rather physical to me.

If Medicham hadn't already wasted the fighting/psychic slot, that would be great typing for a legend. (Not that there aren't already too many friggin' psychics in Ubers, mind.) But I think that a single-type fighting is still plenty workable. Perhaps something like a whirling, dancing blade-covered thing with a signature move. Fighting/steel?

(S)ome dumb kids looked at Mewtwo and thought "Hey he can clone things and move objects with his mind and be weak to Ghost attacks, why can't I?" Because it is a freaking game!!! Not something you should actaully practice in real life!!!

Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:36 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Isn't {gallade} a fighting-psychic? Anyway, I just hate the idea.

Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:19 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

lucario is considered a legendary and hes fighting/steel

Sat May 03, 2008 6:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

red kyogre wrote:

Lucario isn't a legendary. It's an iconic, yes, but for God's sake, you get Riolu in an egg.

Sat May 03, 2008 8:05 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: On a little blue marble called Earth rolling through the playground known as the Solar System.
Nida wrote:
red kyogre wrote:

Lucario isn't a legendary. It's an iconic, yes, but for God's sake, you get Riolu in an egg.

You may say that, but some people argue he's the first legendary that comes from an egg and evolves. I myse;f don't believe this but I am willing to accept why people think this.

Fri May 09, 2008 6:32 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

red kyogre wrote:

Hell no.

Anyone who thinks Lucario is a legendary is an idiot.

Quote:
but some people argue he's the first legendary that comes from an egg

Phione has been announced that it actually is a legendary. My response: omgwtflolbbq

Sun May 11, 2008 5:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2