It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 God pokemon 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

vico001 wrote:
I have one more thing to say what if this pokemon "God" is just like our own "God". We will never know for sure if it is for real.

Uh, well, we know it's not real. It's a 2D sprite in a video game. Arceus is not real, as far as I can tell.

Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cobalt wrote:
Woah woah woah... I think some people have things mixed up. Maybe I read it wrong, but Heatran was made when Palkia and Dialga were fighting and lava pooled together. He was never created to control anything like Groudon or the others were.

I think we need to reevaluate the lists here. I think this story shouldn't be treated like the modern monotheist religions but rather the polytheistic tales from the Greek and Roman cultures. Gods of this and that. But I also think we need to understand that legendary shouldn't equate to god status or even much importance in the grand scheme of things. Heatran for example can be considered nothing more than a living mistake, accident, or unintended consequence. Heatran is basically a legendary version of a teen pregnancy; there was no story behind it. Deoxis has been pointed out by other posters to not necessarily be related to the other legendaries and appears to have been another anomoly. I think the Eon dragons also fall into this category as there's really no evidence to support that their purpose goes beyond... well, existing.

I think we honestly need to separate "legendary" and "divine." Otherwise by what definition do we group these Pokemon? Where do rare Pokemon like Rotom and Lucario fall into play? I think we ought to keep legendary Pokemon that are just rare for humans to see out of the category of god or titan-like Pokemon that have some real control or divine purpose.

Finally, someone I agree with.

Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cobalt: i already clarified that arceus is god and all the others are just minor gods and goddesses.
Legend
all the others are either rare or common but all mortal.

{arceus}
{mesprit}
{azelf}
{uxie}
{giratina}
{dialga}
{palkia}
{darkrai}
{cresselia}
{kyogre}
{groudon}
{rayquaza}
{regigigas}
{manaphy}
{shaymin}
{registeel}
{regice}
{regirock}
{ho-oh}
{lugia}
{entei}
{suicune}
{raikou}
{celebi}
{articuno}
{zapdos}
{moltres}
{jirachi}
{mew} because they are the basis of all mortal pokemon
{mewtwo} the only one of his kind

Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It is indeed true that a clear line must be cut between Gods and Legends. The Only Gods should include the 5 creators, Arceus itself, Giratina, Regigiggas, Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza, Ho-Oh and possibly Lugia, along with Mew. The rest do not have stories to back up their status as Gods, eventhough they may jolly be as strong as one. Age might have a whole lot to do with this. Anyone can express their views yes, but wrong views should be corrected. We have all the right to ensure false information doesn't spread. :)

Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

What's the story with Regigigas? I'm not familiar with that Pokemon.

Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:19 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

he towed the continents across the earth.

Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:21 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

redt wrote:
he towed the continents across the earth.

Besides that.....<.< Like why he's locked away or if he's man-made (I doubt that).

Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:37 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

the game doesnt clarify but i think it was because he was too powerful. kinda like lugia's story.

Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:45 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

although lugia is not just one pokemon, but gives eggs of other lugia. Anyway, I remember that arceus created {uxie} {mesprit} {azelf} , who created {dialga} {palkia} , who basically made life work out :? but dark typhlosion said it was that arceus created Parukia and diaruga (me likes the japanese names :D )

Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:44 pm
Profile YIM
No, No, I thought it was the other way around?

Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:01 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

pokemaniac64 wrote:
although lugia is not just one pokemon, but gives eggs of other lugia. Anyway, I remember that arceus created {uxie} {mesprit} {azelf} , who created {dialga} {palkia} , who basically made life work out :? but dark typhlosion said it was that arceus created Parukia and diaruga (me likes the japanese names :D )

Well, no Arceus made all 5. The 3 pixies did something to Dialga and Palkia though. I'm not sure what they did. They calmed the two down or imprisoned them or whatever.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:46 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

they imprisoned them in a parallel dimension.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:45 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

redt wrote:
they imprisoned them in a parallel dimension.

So they won't find each other because those two fight a lot, right? (Just wanna make sure)

Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:52 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

yeah basically.

Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:35 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Where did we get off of {uxie} , {mesprit} , and {azelf} being Gods? They are the beings of willpower, emotion, and knowledge
Also {palkia} and {dialga} are the controllers of time and space not the god
{arceus} is said to have created the world not the pokemon, so in a way the god of the world
{lugia} is the protector of the seas and {ho-oh} is never said to do anything with fire -.- it has something to do with rainbows
{manaphy} prince of the sea thats it nothing special
{darkrai} pokemon of the new moon (I think darkrai is new moon not full moon) and also the pokemon of giving people endless nightmares
{cresselia} The only pokemon to prevent/cure Darkrai's bad dreams also the pokemon of the full moon
{latias} and {latios} Eon pokemon not much to them
{kyogre} creator of the seas not the god
{groudon} creator of the continents not the god
{regigigas} God of nothing creator of nothing its said that Regigigas towed the continents into place*
{giratina} Not much on him but he is said to live on the reverse side of the Earth, so he could possibly be the pokemon of death*
{rayquaza} Guardian of the skies not the creator/God
{heatran} he/she has nothing to do with volcanoes except that he/she lives in one so bassicly a normal legendary that does nothing
{shaymin} Creator of lush forests and beutiful meadows*
{celebi} Guardian of forests and the ability to travel through time
{zapdos}, {moltres}, and {articuno} They guard over their territories mountains, volcanoes (As said in pokemon chronicles), and Snowy mountains/Glaciers
{raikou}, {entei}, and {suicune} same as the 3 birds
{jirachi} The ability to grant wishes
{mew} The god of all pokemon and the creator of all pokemon
{regirock}, {regice}, and {registeel} Guardians of rock, ice, and mountains
{deoxys} Related to nothing and born from a virus (In my eyes not considered a pokemon) Note: Has the ability to clone itself from pokemon movie #7, Destiny Deoxys
{mewtwo} A cloned mew, not a real mew, pokemon of devastation Note: Has the ability to clone other pokemon as seen in pokemon movie #1, Mewtwo Strikes Back

*We'll know more about them in the next movie #11 Giratina and the Sky Bouqet: Shaymin (Featuring Giratina, Regigigas, Dialga, and Shaymin) That is if it ever comes out outside of Japan

Well there you have it ;) I did my best hope you like it

#1 Gardevoir Fan

Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:20 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, I wouldn't say that Mewtwo has the "ability" to clone. He just used the cloning machines that the scientists had.

I wouldn't say Mew is god, but maybe ancestor of all normal Pokemon.

Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Did you read all of the post before posting?
All of the pokemon I mentioned are minor gods and goddesses except Arceus who created the universe and the original 5. So basically if it wasn't for Arceus then none of this would of ever happened(in the pokemon world that is).

Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

redt wrote:
Did you read all of the post before posting?
All of the pokemon I mentioned are minor gods and goddesses except Arceus who created the universe and the original 5. So basically if it wasn't for Arceus then none of this would of ever happened(in the pokemon world that is).

...you were talking to Roxas, right?

Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:41 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Kinda.... it's more of an open statement to everyone but mainly to Roxas.

Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, if you have the power to create something as significant as the Seas and Land, I'm quite sure you're fit to be a "God" IN the Pokemon World. Ho-Oh was worshipped as a God, so keep that in Mind. We're discussing about which Pokemon are fit to be called Gods, not saying that they are Gods, eventhough a few likey are. :wink:

Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:43 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

{arceus} is god of pokemon and {mew} is more like Adam and Eve

Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:42 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

This is the truth, based on no evidence at all:

A pregnant Mew, thousands of years after the canon of the games, stumbles across a time-machine being built by someone in hopes of catching a pokemon that might have evolved into extinction. While preparing the trip, the mew goes into the time machine appearing before any other pokemon existed.

This mew gives birth to an egg, and out hatches Arceus. The mew commands, as the supreme god of all awesomeness for the Arceus to create the universe and inevitably, the first Mew. Arceus follows through with this, creating the universe, and a single mew, which gives birth to the rest of the creation pokemon.

Proud that it created a Time Paradox, the mew returns to the present, and in the process of emerging from the machine, sends the creator of the time machine into our universe where he is baffled by our lack of continuity errors, and with our real-world physics, the machine ceases to function and turns into an ordinary card-board box. The man is soon considered by all to be insane and eventually becomes that crazy hobo that lives down the street.

Ergo, Mew creates Arceus which creates Mew.

And that, Billy, is where babies come from!

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: under your keyboard, smiling at all the dust mites....
are you that hobo perhaps :?:

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:38 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

How can one live down the street from themselves?

Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:56 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: under your keyboard, smiling at all the dust mites....
i don't know but i'm sure a time scientiust can figure it out

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next