It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Ruins all of the fun... 
Illiterate
Illiterate

I think it's annoying, wimpy, and cheap when I battle people over Wi-Fi on Battle revolution who have all legendaries. Especially when they don't know how to use them! It just ruins all the fun. What are your thoughts on people with all legendaries? I think they should just battle the hard way and train normal pokémon.

Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

girog wrote:
I think it's annoying, wimpy, and cheap when I battle people over Wi-Fi on Battle revolution who have all legendaries. Especially when they don't know how to use them! It just ruins all the fun. What are your thoughts on people with all legendaries? I think they should just battle the hard way and train normal pokémon.

Now you know how people feel when they offer lvl 1 c**p over GTS for lvl 100 Dialgas/Palkias.
Sure I don't mind playing with 1 or 2 legends, but all-legend teams fail. Not because they're overpowered - oh no; they are underpowered due to insufficient type coverage.
They can be given the go-around pretty darn fast.
- DNA

Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well no legendary is perfect. Some could easily get creamed by other Pokemon that are non-legendary. When you are looking for random people Wi-Fi it is more than likely they would legends to save their own hide. My first random Wi-Fi battle with someone on PBR used all legends and I didn't have any. The outcome of the battle was that I won and the other person lost. It feels good to see your own Pokemon you raised from a good peroid and see them all grown and taking out the big guys. For the people who don't know how to use legendaries I just laugh. In one battle someone use Explostion on my Giratina, I laughed so hard.

If you want a serious battle, then get some requests from people to get friend codes and battle the way you want, by your rules.

Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:55 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Well no legendary is perfect. Some could easily get creamed by other Pokemon that are non-legendary. When you are looking for random people Wi-Fi it is more than likely they would legends to save their own hide. My first random Wi-Fi battle with someone on PBR used all legends and I didn't have any. The outcome of the battle was that I won and the other person lost. It feels good to see your own Pokemon you raised from a good peroid and see them all grown and taking out the big guys. For the people who don't know how to use legendaries I just laugh. In one battle someone use Explostion on my Giratina, I laughed so hard.

If you want a serious battle, then get some requests from people to get friend codes and battle the way you want, by your rules.

Explosion on Giratina? Reminds me of the time Giratina tried using Shadow Force on good old Porygon-Z. But yours sounds much funnier - I'm smiling right now thinking about it.
But realistically, the legends' types aren't very varied: most of them are Psychic or Flying, and a few are Steel or Dragon, most of which can be taken down by one solid strike, like EQ, Dragon Rush, or Ice Beam.
I mean yeah, having 1 or 2 legends is fine; it adds a bit more variety. I try not to have legends on my team if I can help it. (One time, I did an all-uber battle with Treeckoluv. Our teams were virtually identical, we each had 6 ubers, but I won by a marginally low amount.) The only real reason I can use Kyogre is because I can't find anything else strong and capable enough to use a EQ/Ice Beam/T-Bolt/Surf moveset. (On Kyogre, the last two are slightly different - Thunder, a must, and Water Spout).
Eh, there's always Manaphy, but that's legend too. ...Wait, suddenly Lapras comes to mind...

- DNA

Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Legendaries can sometimes get smashed. Take the Pokémon Phione for example. It's average stats total up to be quite low. Lower than ... so many Pokémon. Just because something is legendary, it doesn't mean it's powerful.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:07 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm starting to wonder if this topic is in the right forum. This doens't seem to have anything to do with Orre, Fiorre or Beyond.

Back on topic, most legends also have a certain ability that would work better with Spiters: Pressure. Why can't they have a more inventive ability? Moltres would make more sense with Flame Body, Zapdos would be better with Static. Also, Pressure means that the pokemon are quite intimidating. To me, Articuno doesn't look at all intimidating. Morever, some Pokemon (Slaking, Salamence, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Kingdra, Garchomp, Metagross, Arcanine, Lucario, Gyarados, Milotic etc.) have better stats than lots of legendaries.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:28 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I'm starting to wonder if this topic is in the right forum. This doens't seem to have anything to do with Orre, Fiorre or Beyond.

Indeed. Moved to General Pokemon Discussion, aka Pokemon Center.

I don't have an issue against Legendaries. It can be annoying to meet a team of Legendaries when you're using underused Pokemon, but then again the challenge such battles pose can make things more fun too. It's all up to personal preferences. If you hate battles against Legendaries, just avoid people with such teams.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:35 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I wish people would learn the meanings of legendary and uber.

Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:40 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've actually killed Dialga and Latios with my Gyaradoes, this actually shows that OUs can kill Ubers/Legends,

<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)

Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:28 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I wish people would learn the meanings of legendary and uber.

Roar Of Time wrote:
I've actually killed Dialga and Latios with my Gyaradoes, this actually shows that OUs can kill Ubers/Legends

not all legends are uber...in fact, some are BL (and a few were UU in 3rd gen, though idk about 4th gen)

but, it's not surprising that a well trained OU pokemon can kill ubers (especially those that are handled by noobs). After all, few uber teams are comprised entirely of ubers - many have some OU pokemon on them.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:56 am
i feel the annoyance of BR when i am using one of my specialized team

example: raindance team : kyorgre kabtops huntail gorebyss vaporeon toxicraok (just one of my many retarted line-ups )

then i am fighting darkria palkia mew mewtwo rayquaza and mewtwo

its just seems annoying (i shouldnt be using that bizzar team in the first place but i get enjoance out of loosing fairly)

Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Every time I tried to battle I couldn't find anybody, so I quit.

Probably a good thing, though. At the time I hadn't actually trained any pokemon for competitive battles.

Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:52 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

AKART wrote:

Indeed. Moved to General Pokemon Discussion, aka Pokemon Center.

I don't have an issue against Legendaries. It can be annoying to meet a team of Legendaries when you're using underused Pokemon, but then again the challenge such battles pose can make things more fun too. It's all up to personal preferences. If you hate battles against Legendaries, just avoid people with such teams.

I can't bear a huge grudge against legends myself; I do use one after all. However, using six defeats the purpose - it just ruins a legend's reputation imo.

I agree with Sion9 - Metagross, Slaking, Charizard, and Alakazam are positively baneful. (Slaking has high Attack and Speed, just because he has Truant doesn't make him bad. He's almost like Snorlax, but faster.) Well trained anything could own a legend with relative ease. Even Mewtwo could. (Well, I haven't seen that, but I'm not denying that it's possible.)

And Akart, you forgot Alakazam, why is Arcanine but not Charizard there, and why did you highlight Salamence blue?

- DNA

Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Please do not email me since I never check my email! Pm me instead please! You have been warned....
Personally, I agree with Krisp and Sion9 about the "some legends aren't good" part. In general, ubers ruin all the fun no matter where you see them. For example, I hate the fact that people who don't go on forums and don't have any knowledge whatsoever about competitive battling think that ubers are the best Pokemon. Sure, maybe stat wise, but because half or more of the people who play Pokemon are the casual player, ubers are just so common and overrated. If they make any more main Pokemon games, I think they should drop ubers entirely and make all the "legendary" Pokemon be OU's. Oh, and ugly, so people don't like them and don't overrate them like they do to Kyogre and such. This is my opinion, so please don't hate me if it contradicts yours....

Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:46 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

They're weak. They don't know how to battle so the only thing they have to do is to use legendaries 'coz w/o them they can't battle.

Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:53 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

OK, I am confused: What are OUs and ubers and all those other funny looking abbrieviations on this topic?

Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

OK, I am confused: What are OUs and ubers and all those other funny looking abbrieviations on this topic?

OU=overused
über=super/super-powerful
BL=borderline
UU=underused
NU=never-used

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:07 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Ya...i hate it when every body i battle over wi-fi has legends
but i still win!! lol :lol:
i have ice types that can take them down easy
Then for groudon, kyorge, and mewtwo that usaully the biggest pain, i destiny bond with Froslass :D

on topic ya it does kill the point in ev training and strat.
like i said in another thread....waste my time

Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yes, it is a pain when a random person's team is all ubers. One to Two ubers on a team would be a normal limit for the most part but a lot of noobs just like being jerks. When you win against people like that you know you showed that noob who's boss, if ya lose well don't take it too hard since they where being a jerk to begin with.

Just battle people you trust, I believe I said this, or something like this before. Because when you battle friends you got to make the rules the way you want so nobody feels that there was an unfair fight.

Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:39 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

What's more annoying is when I say "NO UBERS", people still use them. It's as if they're blind. And when they disconnect cause I beat their ubers with something called strategy <_<. I'm not saying all uber-users are n00bs, but it's sad to see the possible Uber metagame is mostly nonexistent because of many of those people... or that the Uber metagame is composed mostly of those people (no offense if anyone plays Ubers, I'm not talking about anyone on this forum)
And Blupoh, Froslass FTW ;).

Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:04 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Groudon King, as what you said, battle with whomever, with whatever you want, I have a statement. I want to battle others on here. Just for fun, but I don't know who to ask, so I'll post it in here. I would like to battle anyone for fun. Just set up a time/date, and I'll try my best to battle them. Weekends are best, since I'm not working. Also, I have a few rules about battling:

1-No two or more of the same pokemon
(except maybe one shiny, one regular)
2-No two of the same held item
(c'mon, leftovers on every single pokemon is annoying and cowardly)
3-voice chat on, because i prefer to hear my opponent talking

that is all. PM me for a battle anyone. My name and friend code is in my sig.

-Ryan

Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:08 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

My cousin always hacks himself a team of ALL legendaries.And amps himself up with a whole lot of cheats,hacks, and all that crap that shows your inability as a trainer.

Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:10 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

"Oh great! An uber-user! Let's see how good this "trainer" is!"
Metagross used Meteor Mash!
Deoxys avoided damage with Wonder Guard!
"WHAT THE HECK YOU @%$@ UBER N00B!!!!"

Seriously, if you need to abuse hacks or something to make yourself feel good, just... go find some other game to fulfill your purpose.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:05 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Trainer _____ sent out Deoxys!
"Oh great! An uber-user! Let's see how good this "trainer" is!"
Metagross used Meteor Mash!
Deoxys avoided damage with Wonder Guard!
"WHAT THE HECK YOU @%$@ UBER N00B!!!!"

Seriously, if you need to abuse hacks or something to make yourself feel good, just... go find some other game to fulfill your purpose.

Dangit you noobs out there, if you're going to use Deoxys, at least leave it with Pressure. The thing is demonic enough in power as it is.

Me personally, I would say that I might hack, but only within acceptable boundaries of movesets (I would hack an encounter, and do the training myself), so that even though it does count as hacked, there is a chance of it actually existing legitly. (Except when I hacked Surf onto Raichu for lulz, but I never use him.)

Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:53 pm

shadowball kills the psys and giratina
ice beam kills dragons and groudon
thunderbolt kills kyorgre
destony bond the rest

Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next