It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 A different path? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Does anyone else think it would be cool if they made a game completely dedicated to Pokemon Contests? Where you would go around competing in contests in different cities entering contests instead of battling gyms, and instead of the elite four, there would be the Grande Festival.

The contest system could closely mirror that of the anime. The first round could be like the apeal round we've seen over and over, where combinations get you a huge amount of points, and the trick is to use the right moves effectively. Use of Seals could also be judged, maybe extra points given for shinies? Maybe incorperate the dress up round in by having editable sprites?

Then the battle system could be completely different to mirror the anime, losing points for things like your attack missing, using the same moves over and over, using the wrong kind of moves for the contest, etc., and maybe the ability to choose different Pokemon in different rounds.

Aside from that, the game could be the same as normal games, what with winning battles, leveling up (level limits for different contests? Such as, you must have Pokemon level __ or above to enter such and such contest). Wild Pokemon would be layed out according to how well they would compete in upcoming contests. For example, the first contest hall could be a smart contest, so you would find things like Abras and Raltses.

Of course the idea would need some tweaking, because I'm no game designer, but I think the general idea could work. Thoughts?

Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:48 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well the concept is interesting... but why just contests?

A very cool game would be one that the trainer has mulitiple chooses for what kind of trainer they want to be. The game would have the traditional battling the gym thing, but when you become the champ you have to defend your title when some trainer comes to challenge you. It would also have a much better contest thing, like how you said, but it wouldn't be a sideshow thing like the other games. You can even become a gym leader if you want to, using certain Pokemon and attacks. Or you could even be a Pokemon breeder, something like the Day Care people, where you raise Pokemon in a wild state and if the field gets full you could buy more land so you can have more Pokemon, and you could even earn that money by raising other trainers Pokemon. Last thing I could thing of is.... A Pokemon Reseacher. With this carrer, you could create your own entieries in the Pokedex and prepare any three grass/fire/water starters you want. So you could give out a Charamder, Treekco, and Piplup if you wanted to. You would gain fame and weath by taking part in TV, Radio shows, battle demonstations, and how well the trainers you set off with their starters do.

So it woul be cool to have a game with more possibilities than just the champ and contest quests.

Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:07 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

See, I thought of that, but I thought it would be hard to combine all of the different types of trainer opportunities into one game effectively. If each game focused on one type of trainer, it would leave more room to really explore that trainer type. Maybe a series of games, each with a different trainer type?

Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I understand what you are saying but then again, for the makers it might not be diffcult either. It all depends on the developing skills of Game Freak and Nintendo if they could pull off a game with mulitiple paths in the world of Pokemon.

Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Contests are one of the worst additions to the series, they're redundant and boring.

Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

That is just your opinion. And as you stated it, your opinion sucks!
Saying that it isn't a good idea would be alright, that wouldn't be overkill like your statement is.

What is wrong with the ideas anyway, I mean you just live the life of a normal trainer and when you become champ it doesn't really take you anywhere, you think you would take the champs place. When the contestes were added, it added a new touch in raising Pokemon, unless you found it to be troublesome (couldn't do), and that's why you say that.

Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:34 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Agree. It really adds new way to train pokemon. I think, it's cool if they changed the look of contest-winning pokemon (example: An {exeggutor} that have winned the smartness contest will look smarter than the original {exeggutor})

-psynvrn, 2008

Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:37 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i like the idea of having different games for different careers. like, pokemon trainer, and pokemon gym, etc.. also, i t would be cool if they could make it so you could see other people from real-life via wi-fi. and like that. and the champion would be a real person who had to defend their title. that would be awesome.

Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:36 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

and the champion would be a real person who had to defend their title. that would be awesome.

I don't like this idea. If there were a real Pokemon Champion and Elite 4, they would have to accept ALL the challenges from people with Pokemon games, which is not really fun since you would have to battle all the day; and also the Champion won't be able to keep his title for too long.

Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:54 pm
ProphetHobo wrote:
Does anyone else think it would be cool if they made a game completely dedicated to Pokemon Contests? Where you would go around competing in contests in different cities entering contests instead of battling gyms, and instead of the elite four, there would be the Grande Festival.

The contest system could closely mirror that of the anime. The first round could be like the apeal round we've seen over and over, where combinations get you a huge amount of points, and the trick is to use the right moves effectively. Use of Seals could also be judged, maybe extra points given for shinies? Maybe incorperate the dress up round in by having editable sprites?

Then the battle system could be completely different to mirror the anime, losing points for things like your attack missing, using the same moves over and over, using the wrong kind of moves for the contest, etc., and maybe the ability to choose different Pokemon in different rounds.

Aside from that, the game could be the same as normal games, what with winning battles, leveling up (level limits for different contests? Such as, you must have Pokemon level __ or above to enter such and such contest). Wild Pokemon would be layed out according to how well they would compete in upcoming contests. For example, the first contest hall could be a smart contest, so you would find things like Abras and Raltses.

Of course the idea would need some tweaking, because I'm no game designer, but I think the general idea could work. Thoughts?

LOVING THE IDEA

but it will never happen....

but if it did........

like round tourneys with other contest peoples if u win the tourny you fight thte contest leader (some crazy like gym leader )
than a elimination elite tourny ohhh boyyyyy

Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:13 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well the concept is interesting... but why just contests?

A very cool game would be one that the trainer has mulitiple chooses for what kind of trainer they want to be. The game would have the traditional battling the gym thing, but when you become the champ you have to defend your title when some trainer comes to challenge you. It would also have a much better contest thing, like how you said, but it wouldn't be a sideshow thing like the other games. You can even become a gym leader if you want to, using certain Pokemon and attacks. Or you could even be a Pokemon breeder, something like the Day Care people, where you raise Pokemon in a wild state and if the field gets full you could buy more land so you can have more Pokemon, and you could even earn that money by raising other trainers Pokemon. Last thing I could thing of is.... A Pokemon Reseacher. With this carrer, you could create your own entieries in the Pokedex and prepare any three grass/fire/water starters you want. So you could give out a Charamder, Treekco, and Piplup if you wanted to. You would gain fame and weath by taking part in TV, Radio shows, battle demonstations, and how well the trainers you set off with their starters do.

So it woul be cool to have a game with more possibilities than just the champ and contest quests.

THANK YOU!!!! since the second series of games i always thought that defending your title as champ would be a great idea, but how would you go around training for battle if people always came for elite four challanges,besides seriously how many trainers besides you and your rival ACTUALLY make it to the elite four,maybe some bribe to start more trainers to battle and become trainers

Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:43 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

^^^
That is just your opinion. And as you stated it, your opinion sucks!
Saying that it isn't a good idea would be alright, that wouldn't be overkill like your statement is.

What is wrong with the ideas anyway, I mean you just live the life of a normal trainer and when you become champ it doesn't really take you anywhere, you think you would take the champs place. When the contestes were added, it added a new touch in raising Pokemon, unless you found it to be troublesome (couldn't do), and that's why you say that.

hehe that was funny, but actually not to take sides, i really dont prefer the ideas of contests

Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:45 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i like the idea of having different games for different careers. like, pokemon trainer, and pokemon gym, etc.. also, i t would be cool if they could make it so you could see other people from real-life via wi-fi. and like that. and the champion would be a real person who had to defend their title. that would be awesome.

the problem with that would be
1. the world would be crowded like anything!!!
2. all the noob trainers would be killed by gym leaders that are all level 100

Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:46 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ummmm posting more then once isn't a good thing, edit your last post if you have more to say if you can't wait for others to post.

The thing about Sparrow, was that he was coming off as a jerk, saying something sucks out of the blue isn't a nice thing to say. If one's opinion is nice then say that you don't like it in a nice way.

For defending the title of champ, top trainers and the old champ, will challenge you about very other day. Since you would be the champ, you could chose when to battle, but if you don't do the battle over a period of time then the challenger will become the new champ and must fight them to get the title back.

For the Gym Leader idea, it would be like the champ carrer but it would set itself to the Leader's standards. They could create their own badge, and rules in order to aviod complete Wi-Fi nOOb flouding. These rules would be the type they use (two of six could be another type) and the level the Pokemon will be at what ever the leader wants. AI trainers will only come when the Leader opens the Gym.

Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]