It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:26 am



Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Over looked pokes... 
Author Message
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:42 pm
Posts: 253
well, in this game so many of us over look some pokes, thinking them useless, you have the evolutions of the 'Worms'
Caterpie-Weedle-Wurmple

everybody seems to hate Zizagoon, while emerald took hate to Poochena that took the place of zizagoon when you got slowed RIGHT DOWN TO A CRAWL by it's constant apearence that alone made you pay for 50 repels by the first gym.

Magicarp was a mean bitch that ruined our lifes unless you piggybacked for the first half of a game.

any others? and, might you have a moveset/item/EVs to bring life to these guys?

_________________
Image
Courtesy of James from http://hylianshield.net


Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:09 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:46 pm
Posts: 1241
The Jonatron wrote:
any others? and, might you have a moveset/item/EVs to bring life to these guys?

because of their stats, they would still probably be considered UU or NU, despite giving it the best set...

of course, one exception is FEAR, which can be somewhat useful in OU

_________________
Need homework help? Image Image

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"


Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!


Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:12 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:56 am
Posts: 316
Location: Raleigh, NC, USA, Earth
Post 
Hoppip is scary, man! Watch out for them! They are freaky! They learn splash too man! Splash is a veritable doomsday device! You know why nothing happens when you use it? It's because something DOES happen that we DONT know about! Every time someone uses Splash, a star in our universe blows up, each one at random! It's only a matter of time before we're next, man!!!!!!

-Ryan

_________________
Trust hurts, betrayal kills. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uOuIxOiP9s
Time scars, love heals. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFjcwSFE38E


Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:40 pm
Profile
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:37 pm
Posts: 3093
Location: clegavel
Post 
^Lol Ryan, that's a sign of insanity. Just like talking into a DS.
And there are far worse things than Magikarp. (Just you wait until he hits lvl 20!)

Common examples are Sunkern and Hoppip, and sometimes even Tentacool, because not even their evos are decent. Weak Pokemon like Feebas, Magikarp, and Zubat may be weak on their own, but their evos are awesome and rock the battlefield.

I'd have to say a really bad family would be the Bidoof family, because their stats are horrible, and with Bibarel's dual Normal/Water typage, that makes him weak to tons of stuff that he'd otherwise not be weak to (i.e. pure Normal).
- DNA

_________________


Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:45 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:46 pm
Posts: 1241
Post 
SorcererDNA wrote:
^Lol Ryan, that's a sign of insanity. Just like talking into a DS.

hmm...guess I'm going insane every time I voice chat :D

but maybe there are some other pwnage strategies like FEAR available on noobish pokemon?

_________________
Need homework help? Image Image

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"


Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!


Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:52 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:29 am
Posts: 234
Location: in my parents basement
Post 
true iv got a fear bidoof it pwns man

_________________
Image


Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:02 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:27 pm
Posts: 97
Post 
the dude wrote:
true iv got a fear bidoof it pwns man


But Bidoof can't learn Endeavor.


Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:44 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:20 pm
Posts: 147
Location: RI
Sion9 wrote:


of course, one exception is FEAR, which can be somewhat useful in OU


Hardly...>_>

If you cannot counter a FEAR, you shouldn't be playing in an OU environment.

_________________
Up for battles...Pm me...Diamond FC: 2363 2103 6074


I don't really use a team. I just mix and match the Pokemon I have trained.


Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:17 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:46 pm
Posts: 1241
Post 
Yoshipal13 wrote:
Sion9 wrote:


of course, one exception is FEAR, which can be somewhat useful in OU


Hardly...>_>

If you cannot counter a FEAR, you shouldn't be playing in an OU environment.

Of course. But there are still some noobs out there who can't counter it...

Sion9 wrote:
but maybe there are some other pwnage strategies like FEAR available on noobish pokemon?

I didn't mean the FEAR strategy on a different pokemon, what I meant was other strategies on UU/NU pokemon that can be used effectively to pwn people who aren't expecting it.

_________________
Need homework help? Image Image

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"


Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!


Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:42 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:31 pm
Posts: 892
Location: In your kitchen, holding a knife. And it's not for the vegetables...
Post 
SocererDNA wrote:
I'd have to say a really bad family would be the Bidoof family, because their stats are horrible, and with Bibarel's dual Normal/Water typage, that makes him weak to tons of stuff that he'd otherwise not be weak to (i.e. pure Normal).
- DNA

Well, I have to agree with you about it. But don't be too harsh on Bibarel, it can learn every single HM exept Fly and Defog, making an exellent HM slave. And sunkern, weedle, caterpie and many others are just plain old UU pr NU.[/quote]

_________________
ImageImageImage
Join DarkCosmos today! Trust me, it's worth it!


Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:33 am
Profile
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:37 pm
Posts: 3093
Location: clegavel
Post 
Treeckoluv wrote:
SocererDNA wrote:
I'd have to say a really bad family would be the Bidoof family, because their stats are horrible, and with Bibarel's dual Normal/Water typage, that makes him weak to tons of stuff that he'd otherwise not be weak to (i.e. pure Normal).
- DNA

Well, I have to agree with you about it. But don't be too harsh on Bibarel, it can learn every single HM exept Fly and Defog, making an exellent HM slave. And sunkern, weedle, caterpie and many others are just plain old UU pr NU.
[/quote]
HMs don't win battles Tluv. Power does. - DNA

_________________


Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:57 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:19 pm
Posts: 693
Location: On the left side of the street... Take THAT Society!
Post 
SorcererDNA wrote:
Treeckoluv wrote:
SocererDNA wrote:
I'd have to say a really bad family would be the Bidoof family, because their stats are horrible, and with Bibarel's dual Normal/Water typage, that makes him weak to tons of stuff that he'd otherwise not be weak to (i.e. pure Normal).
- DNA

Well, I have to agree with you about it. But don't be too harsh on Bibarel, it can learn every single HM exept Fly and Defog, making an exellent HM slave. And sunkern, weedle, caterpie and many others are just plain old UU pr NU.

HMs don't win battles Tluv. Power does. - DNA


Power doesn't win battles either; balance does. You have some power, some defense, a healer...
But Bibarel's pretty useless anyway.

_________________
<center>Image

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=bulkywaters <- Go


Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:31 pm
Posts: 892
Location: In your kitchen, holding a knife. And it's not for the vegetables...
Post 
thekiller0703 wrote:
SorcererDNA wrote:
Treeckoluv wrote:
SocererDNA wrote:
I'd have to say a really bad family would be the Bidoof family, because their stats are horrible, and with Bibarel's dual Normal/Water typage, that makes him weak to tons of stuff that he'd otherwise not be weak to (i.e. pure Normal).
- DNA

Well, I have to agree with you about it. But don't be too harsh on Bibarel, it can learn every single HM exept Fly and Defog, making an exellent HM slave. And sunkern, weedle, caterpie and many others are just plain old UU pr NU.

HMs don't win battles Tluv. Power does. - DNA


Power doesn't win battles either; balance does. You have some power, some defense, a healer...
But Bibarel's pretty useless anyway.

Well, Bibarel sucks at battling, but he is arguably the best HM slave in D/P.

_________________
ImageImageImage
Join DarkCosmos today! Trust me, it's worth it!


Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:36 am
Profile
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:37 pm
Posts: 3093
Location: clegavel
Post 
thekiller0703 wrote:
Power doesn't win battles either; balance does. You have some power, some defense, a healer...
But Bibarel's pretty useless anyway.

Power =/= attack strength. Power = overall usefulness. - DNA

_________________


Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:50 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:26 am
Posts: 221
Location: Wherever you want me to be.
Post 
thekiller0703 wrote:
SorcererDNA wrote:
Treeckoluv wrote:
SocererDNA wrote:
I'd have to say a really bad family would be the Bidoof family, because their stats are horrible, and with Bibarel's dual Normal/Water typage, that makes him weak to tons of stuff that he'd otherwise not be weak to (i.e. pure Normal).
- DNA

Well, I have to agree with you about it. But don't be too harsh on Bibarel, it can learn every single HM exept Fly and Defog, making an exellent HM slave. And sunkern, weedle, caterpie and many others are just plain old UU pr NU.

HMs don't win battles Tluv. Power does. - DNA


Power doesn't win battles either; balance does. You have some power, some defense, a healer...
But Bibarel's pretty useless anyway.


Bibarel's only use for me is playing it's cry 30 million times to drive ohers crazy. And it's one Pokemon closer to completing the entire pokedex.

_________________
Meeps are back. (:


Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:53 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.