It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 A few words 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well I came across these words:Leet, Gay and Raped and need to know what they mean.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:29 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If so then it isn't very funny...

I will explain Leet for you, I don't trust myself to explain the other two without offending someone :roll:

Leet comes from elite, which means professional or really good, i.e. a 'leet' player is someone that is really good at that particular game, it can also be written as l33t or even 1337

P.S. where did you see these words...?

Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:13 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well I saw someone saying that he was speaking Leet, I saw someone that his friend was Gay for supporting Palkia and I see many people say that pokemon rape them.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I am so shocked that those words are not sensored on this site, truely it doesn't offend me but normally you wouldn't be able to say them.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:53 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: IN THE EMOTIONLESS TRAWLING FERVOR'S OF MY INSANE MIND.
calling someone gay could defenetly fit in the flaming territory, I am on unsteady ground here so I'm going to explain below (MOSTLY FOR MODS AND PEOPLE WHO FEEL OFFENDED).

First I want to make it clear that I don't have anything against it, however, the sad truth is that in todays sociaty being called gay is considered an insult, also, this is an insult to anyone gay/lesbian because it is using gay as an insult.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

LEET- conversion of 'Elite". Meaning excellent, superb and dominating.

Gay- When most people use Gay as an insult, it usually is'nt reffering to your sexuality, but simply used to tell you that you suck and that that person doesn't especially like you. If anyone actually does call you gay with the intention of riling up your sense of masculinity( or feminimity) it's usually because A) they are attempting to draw attention away from their own sexual insecurities. Or B) They are too stupid to come up with a better retort.

Rape- A word of limitless controversy. But in the context of video games, it merely indicates a player or even A.I. severly beating another player. E.G. "Man, that Mewtwo really raped my team. I lost before I could even attack it once".

LEET is just moronic talk.

Gay is used so much as an insult, it has lost all context and impact.

Rape is a word that you should try your best to tip-toe around when in the company of 'normal' people. When playing with your gaming buddies, most people won't really care what the hell you say, since it's only a game.

Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]