Vs. Seeker or Match Call? 

Vs. Seeker 67%  67%  [ 6 ]
Match Call 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 9

Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Greetings. As some of you may know, the FR/LG and D/P games use a system for rematches known as the "Vs. Seeker" which works by telling you if any trainers around you wish to battle. However, in R/S/E the Pokenav uses something called the Match Call, which is where the trainer receives calls from trainers around the continent (Hoenn etc...) for rematches. I, personally favor the Match Call, as the Vs. Seeker makes it about 100x harder and 100x slower to train for the elite four without using Legendaries (which I consider cheating to myself.) With the Match Call, one can get a good level of training with relatively small amounts of hassle, and I can't understand why Nintendo decided to put the accursed Vs. Seeker in the latest games.

Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:35 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

While the VS Seeker may be faster, the Emerald Match Call can be used to re-challenge gym leaders so I obviously prefer that.

Name: Erik
Friend Code: 1160 9109 9627

Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:54 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I kind of prefer the VS Seeker, as I can rebattle as it suits me. But the idea of rebattling gym leaders is great, so its a pity they can't combine both features. Maybe for the third game of gen 4?

Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:29 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Playing Diamond, i have to say im loving the VS. Seeker.... in emerald i would always be running around minding my own business and these random nobodies call me up and spout on about how they almost caught a wurmple or something equally pathetic.... With the VS Seeker i can wander around and challenge other trainers when i want to, and i can train specific types by battling certain trainers.... eg, training a grass type by challenging sailors.

Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

but with the vs seeker you have to be near someone to even know if they want to battle you. thats why it sucks. if you want to find a battle you have to go somewhere in the hope that someone will be there who wants to battle you, whereas with the match call you just look at it and see that some guy on route 102 wants to battle, so you go and battle them.

Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]