It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 2 questions about taunt and repels 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i have searched the forums for about the past hour and can't seem to find to simple not mention answers anywhere??

1st. What does the move taunt actually do. I know only attack move but is it everyturn thereafter or only on turns your pokemon uses taunt. or possibly every other turn as long as the taunter is still in. if that's the case can taunt be baton passed???

2nd. I know to catch the lati's and legendary dogs using repels helps. but what are the rules for repels. it repels "weaker" pokemon for # of steps. What defines weaker. 10 levels under the first one in your team or something like that.

my reasoning for the taunt question is i mean look, double team 3x, taunt, baton pass to a false swiper to catch latios. will taunt help out my false swiper with only attacks meaning no healing it self

my reasoning for the repel question is i do not want to rebreed another umbreon for latios (lvl 40) if my lvl 43 umberon will work just the same as a lvl 40.

thanks for any help offered!!!
axio

Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:13 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

- Taunt :

If user is first to use this then the effect stays for that and next turn only. Taunt can use again after 2 turns.
If user is last to use this then well, it's a 2 turn effect

- Repel:

When using Repel and you have a level 41 pokemon in the first slot, you can't encounter any pokemon that is under level 41. wild level 41 Pokemon can appear.

If you need to catch the Lati's then match the level he/she is and use a Repel (if the area is a low level and doesn't exceed over level 40 or higher).

Last edited by Shadow~Jolteon~XD on Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well here's a much easier way to catch Latios: Clone Master balls and use a lvl >40 Pokemon with repels to lure it out. A lot easier to do than what you're doing now I believe. :wink:

Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:55 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

axio720 wrote:
my reasoning for the taunt question is i mean look, double team 3x, taunt, baton pass to a false swiper to catch latios. will taunt help out my false swiper with only attacks meaning no healing it self

No, Taunt affects the opponent, not yourself. Used to stop stat boosts, status moves, (p)hazing, healing, etc. In 3rd gen it lasts 2 turns, in 4th gen I think it lasts 5 turns.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]