It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Thoughts on Cheating in Pokemon 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well, I just wanted to know what are your thoughts on people who cheat in the Pokemon game.

I really don't care, because I have done some (legit) hacks here and there.(I work with the modifiers for EV training, and 999x Rare Candy) This is also a shortcut for me, and I don't need to spend endless hours training a Pokemon to meet its standerds I want.

However, there are some cheats that are not legit like a Lv100 Arceaus caught with a Cherish Ball, on Route 202. It is shiny, and knows Roar of Time, Hyper Beam, Spacial Rand, and Judgment. It has Max IVs, and Max Evs!

That example right there is just saying cheat right when you see it.

Anyways, I don't have much to say, but what are your thoughts on cheating.

-Matthew "Just trained up 3 Pokemon in the last two hours" K.

Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I don't care much.

I don't have the patience to breed and EV train Pokemon, so I just 'hack' up fully trained Pokemon, perfectly legit stats, moves, etc.

I've also used some codes, like max money.

Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:26 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

^Yeah, same here.
If your using Platinum, there is a code that allows you to check the hidden stats.

Also, I have battled some un-leggit hacks in PBR.

I got taken down by a shiny Dialga, that knew 1 hit KO moves. None failed.

Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:56 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

^
I hate it when that happens so i never go online anymore :( , anyway, i dont mind if other people cheat aslong as its within the boundaries of the game to get pokemon like that (max IV's gets a bit annoying but oh well), but I personally dont like cheating in any shape or form, I just like to play the game as it was meant to be cause thats how I roll :)

Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:04 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Personally I think you should work for your pokemon, but I have the EV items so maybe I shouldn't be talking. I don't like cheating, but I think cloning is ok, and it's the player's choice. I think I get most annoyed is hacking shinies and event pokemon, it just annoys me.

Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I don't like cheating to get things really, unless, of course, it's event Pokemon. I mean really, chances are that I'll never got to a Pokemon event and be able to get all of the tickets, maps and other items that let you get the most elusive Pokemon in the games.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:41 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I was Wi-Fi Battling in the Battle Tower, and no lie I lost to a Charizard that knows Surf. I pooped a brick and just shut the game off.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:48 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Finally, some people who agree that legit hacks are okay for battling. I don't mind battling hacked Pokemon so long as they're legit. For those who don't agree, please don't use "hacked Pokemon are fake" as a reason because when I'm through with creating a Pokemon, no one would be able to tell the difference because I created them to be real Pokemon.

Anyway, some people object to others hacking Pokemon just because they can't. How selfish is that?

Others think it's unfair to people who put in effort, but I really don't understand how this even came about. Since when was Competitive Battling about comparing effort? Wake up people, Effort isn't the star of the show in competitive play, Skill is. :?

Alright whose next to be liberated from freedom?

Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:08 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I let the people who cheat do what they want. But I wouldn't cheat myself. I feel it takes the fun out of earning the pokemon/items/money when you can work hard for all the things you want. I like working hard for the stuff I want in pokemon. My strongest pokemon (Vaporeon) is currently Level 80 and I had caught it as an Eevee at Level 16 in the Trophy Garden, evolved and raised it to that level. I have the Max amount of money someone can get in Diamond and that was just through battling and selling items I didn't need. But while I prefer not to hack or cheat, other people can do what they like. It's not really my business.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:34 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

MissFrederick wrote:
I like working hard for the stuff I want in pokemon. My strongest pokemon (Vaporeon) is currently Level 80 and I had caught it as an Eevee at Level 16 in the Trophy Garden, evolved and raised it to that level.

I completely agree. I actually have a box filled with Lv. 100s that I trained myself from level 1 (yay bredding). Yay for no life and over 800 hours of free time.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:49 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Emin Jofit wrote:
MissFrederick wrote:

I like working hard for the stuff I want in pokemon. My strongest pokemon (Vaporeon) is currently Level 80 and I had caught it as an Eevee at Level 16 in the Trophy Garden, evolved and raised it to that level.

I completely agree. I actually have a box filled with Lv. 100s that I trained myself from level 1 (yay bredding). Yay for no life and over 800 hours of free time.

I agree with that, too. But I can't get any of the event Pokemon simply because there are no events near me... I haven't cheated yet, (unless you count cloning in CGS) but I would to get Mew and the other events.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm completely against cheating 100%, be it making clones of pokemon or items, cheating up perfect IVs or EVs or touching anything resembling a gameshark with a 10 foot pole.

Work hard for your pokemon, if you want that perfect natured and IVd pokemon then just go out there and work for it. Once you're done raising your perfect fighter you know it's all yours and you can be proud of yourself. I'd never want to have anything to do with anybody who did cheat in any shape or form, personally

Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Amplify wrote:
Work hard for your pokemon, if you want that perfect natured and IVd pokemon then just go out there and work for it. Once you're done raising your perfect fighter you know it's all yours and you can be proud of yourself. I'd never want to have anything to do with anybody who did cheat in any shape or form, personally

Well, I would if I could. I don't have time to actually do the hard work myself. I mean if I bred and worked like I should, then I wouldn't be able to battle at all. So in order for me to actually have a chance at battling hacking Pokemon with legit moves and stats is what I need to do. Now don't get me wrong I do not advocate extreme hacking, but I do advocate it if it is something that you need to do in order to obtain something in the game.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:46 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

shinashu taji wrote:
Amplify wrote:

Well, I would if I could. I don't have time to actually do the hard work myself. I mean if I bred and worked like I should, then I wouldn't be able to battle at all. So in order for me to actually have a chance at battling hacking Pokemon with legit moves and stats is what I need to do. Now don't get me wrong I do not advocate extreme hacking, but I do advocate it if it is something that you need to do in order to obtain something in the game.

Even done slowly, I can raise a perfect battler to my own high standards in a few hours, are you telling me you can't spare a few hours here and there for your pokemon?

Capturing and breeding one on par: about 3 hours
EV training all 510 points: about half an hour

Add on a bit more time for extra requirments such as egg moves, and exp just comes easily and natrually in your own time.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I guess the REAL point is being missed.

How would anyone know if something was hacked???

Course max IVs and Max Evs in every stat is a dead give away.
But good Hackers use the Action Replay ,Or pokesav, and can make near perfect pokemon which whose hex code[x] is not messed with,which to say is the only way to see if a pokemon is hacked.Nintendo tournaments can read those hex codes..so dont try 2 cheat in there,but if your pokemon are legit as can be, and is the info is put in correctly as possible,then it just becomes a policy of DON'T ASK,DON'T TELL.

Like perfect ditto ivs then breeding,many consider this cheating,but how would you know unless some one told you that???
Or same with pokesav pokemon,Some are ridiculous and say the fakest info.other times they are as real as can be.

The fact is I hate Those who put badly hacked pokemon in the GTS.I mean what if you gave a good pokemon for it???

Then again thats just my Biased thought.

Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:11 am
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thunderhead wrote:
Well, I just wanted to know what are your thoughts on people who cheat in the Pokemon game.

I really don't care, because I have done some (legit) hacks here and there.(I work with the modifiers for EV training, and 999x Rare Candy) This is also a shortcut for me, and I don't need to spend endless hours training a Pokemon to meet its standerds I want.

However, there are some cheats that are not legit like a Lv100 Arceaus caught with a Cherish Ball, on Route 202. It is shiny, and knows Roar of Time, Hyper Beam, Spacial Rand, and Judgment. It has Max IVs, and Max Evs!

That example right there is just saying cheat right when you see it.

Anyways, I don't have much to say, but what are your thoughts on cheating.

-Matthew "Just trained up 3 Pokemon in the last two hours" K.

I do the same thing. I cheat, but I don't "cheat". For instance, when I use a code that modifies wild pokemon, I always catch the pokemon where it is supposed to be caught. I also modify the nature, I mean come on, I don't want to spend hours aimlessly catching pokemon in the hopes that one will have a good nature, do you? Breeding moves is also a hassle, so I just use a move modifier to teach pokemon moves that they CAN learn as an egg move. I also use the codes to get the items, tms, and berries I need. Plus c'mon, I'm pretty sure that nearly all of the people on PBR's Wi-fi use the cheats too.

I used to just Rare Candy my pokemon. But now I EV train them. I use the codes to battle certain pokemon so my pokemon can gain better stats.

Plus, I sometimes rebattle Dialga and Palkia, just for the sake of battling them, and hearing their theme (that music is uber cool).

Now stat breaking a pokemon, THAT is cheating. You can't get on to PBR with a stat broken pokemon, I know, I've tried. And doing domething like teaching a Charizard surf, or a shuckle Judgment, or changing their ability to one they can't have, that is BEYOND cheating.

Whenever I do it, I make my pokemon legit as possible. Plus, I don't live near a Toys R Us, so I am unable to get the event pokemon without a cheat device, but I just use the code to get the item necessary to battle the event pokemon, so technically it is legit.

Visit my Trade Thread!
http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=29496

Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:48 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

BlazeGuard wrote:
I also modify the nature, I mean come on, I don't want to spend hours aimlessly catching pokemon in the hopes that one will have a good nature, do you?

I spent two hours looking for an Adamant Gyrados the other day. Ran into two shiniy ones, so it isn't always a complete loss to go work for it. EV training is also my main means of finding shinies, as well. I sometimes run into one while I'm out training in a stat. Guess technically you could hack them to be shiny anyway, but it's more fun when it's a surprise in my opinion.

Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I would only use Action Replay for certain cheats. For example, I would get 999 Master Balls/Rare Candies, but i wouldn't want to conjure up an Arceus with perfect IVs, and I wouldn't use the Walk through walls cheats. Some cheats are just more risky. But I have never actually used a cheating device (In Diamond).

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

the only way i would cheat is to get the items for event pokemon, never hack the pokemon.
i belive that if you have no way of accsesing a nintendo event, and you catch the pokemon legitly, then there is no real problem.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ryanh181 wrote:
I would get 999 Master Balls/Rare Candies,

I do the same thing. But sometimes, when I play Platinum, I use the Wild Pokemon Modifier cheat for certain Pokemon, like Cyndaquil or Pidgey or something. I never used the Walk/Run through walls cheat just to complete the game. It's like using Pokesav to get all the epic Pokemon you want on your team, transferring them into your Action Replay, using the cheat, even though you don't have a single badge, and just running towards the Pokemon League, showing your friend you kicked a** at the Pokemon League and you don't have a badge. Those are my thoughts on cheating in Pokemon.

Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:10 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ohh yea,I bet I can battle a cheater and beat him.go ahead and cheat I say I will beat you legitly.haha
Now thats what I think.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:45 pm
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Without using cheats it is IMPOSSIBLE to see and capture all the pokemon or items but i have no problems with cheating in games. The only downside is cheats ruin the pleasure of pokemon

Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Emin Jofit wrote:
I was Wi-Fi Battling in the Battle Tower, and no lie I lost to a Charizard that knows Surf. I pooped a brick and just shut the game off.

HAHAHAHA...i dont care about cheating just as long as everything about the pokemon is legit (except how they got it, of course) some cheats may screw up the game but hey i dont tell them not to do it, its their game, its their money, its their decision if they want to risk screwing up a whole game full of well trained and time consuming pokemon over one little pokemon that they dont know if they will like/use it or not

Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:41 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hmm. Well, cheating is fine if you enjoy it and you aren't using it to exploit advantages over others in multi-player mode. If you have fun playing how you want to, fine by me.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:34 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I do not cheat at all. Plain and simple. I caught all 493 pokemon without a single cheat device. Thank you, ebay. Because they helped me get a few things from events that I could not make it to otherwise. But if you want to breed and get certain natures, then breed a bunch of abra's that have synchronize, bring one out with the nature that you want and go find a ditto. There's a 50% chance it will be the same nature as the abra, and then go breed the pokemon you want with a certain nature with your new ditto while the blob holds an everstone. NOw your eggs have a 50% chance of having the same nature. Also, having a guy with magma armor or flame body on your team cuts the amount of steps in half. I have hatched LOTS of pokemon using these steps because I DO NOT CHEAT! If I want something legit, I will earn it. Because I know I can. and so can you all.

-Ryan, Pokemon Prodigy

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next