Should Ash evolve Pikachu?
Yes 31%  31%  [ 54 ]
No 32%  32%  [ 57 ]
I don't care, I hope Pika just gets Pokenapped by Team Rocket. 37%  37%  [ 65 ]
Total votes : 176

Do you think Ash should evolve Pikachu? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Tin Tower, Navel Rock, maybe I'm flapping right behind you.
Define that, because appearently Magikarp gets stronger once it evolves.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:34 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I am inside your soul. It's actually really comfortable in here.
I'm not saying Pokémon don't get stronger when they evolve, but that evolution is not the only way to get better.
Remember the Magikarp in the episode with the B-Button Club? It was really strong, and it never evolved. I'm sure it would have been a very powerful Gyarados if it evolved, but it just wanted to stay as a Magikarp.
Both Ash and Pikachu know Pikachu would get more powerfull if it evolves, but it just wants to show how training hard could make it just as strong, if not stronger than, a less-trained Raichu.

Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i personally think he should evolve him/her, (another topic), but realistically, he will never evolve Pikachu.

1. Ash, for lack of a better word, is a noob. (Episode 83, anyone??) His battles are usually never one by skill or better pokemon, but by luck.
2. Pikachu will never evolve, as everyone said, hes the mascot. its 10 years later, and i dont expect him to change now.
3. Ash doesn't exactly "train" his pokemon so much as he catches strong ones from the start and goes with them. His Pidgeotto is the only example i can think of right now.

So Pikachu's always gonna be Pikachu on Ash's shoulder, whether we want him there or not

Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:33 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

im w/ sobo i think pika will nvr evolove cuz it IS the mascot. NO EVO PLZ PPL

Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think they should get rid of Ash and pikachu all together. Start out new with an all new trainer that gets like an eevee or something. The show is so repeative now.

Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:36 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Personally I would like Pikachu to evolve but he will not. However, I do like him shape-changing in the D/P season. If Ash is going to keep Pikachu then the teams to be rejigged. Team Ash should be just Ash and Brock for a while, then travelling for short periods with different people. Ash should also do more double battles, which will give us a break from non-stop Pikachu action.

Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:33 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

NO. In the world of Pokemon, they have seven deadly sins:

1. Don't evolve your Pikachu unless you use it for battling purposes only.
2. Never overtrain your starter.
3. Don't date a Jenny or Joy; you'll always end up cheating on her somehow.
4. Don't catch a legendary (unless you want to complete your Pokedex, but then release it)
5. Never stereotype a Pokemon unless you want to get your :censored: kicked by a Magikarp.
6. Don't listen to Ash.
7. Don't fear Gym Leaders.

Fri May 22, 2009 9:44 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I don't think the series would be the same if he evolved it, not that I watch it anyway haha.

Sun May 31, 2009 2:09 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i think ash should evolve pikachu because pikachua is really strong now and if he evolves pikachu, raichu will become waay stronger

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i think ash should evolve pikachu because pikachu is really strong and if he volves pikachu, raichu will become stronger

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:51 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I don't think Ash should evolve Pikachu. Ash is like, going for his 4th gym badge challenge and hasn't evolved it so he should leave him as he is. Pikachu got the choice to evolve or not when they were taking on L.T. Surge and again after taking on some random guy with a Raichu and he turned down both offers. Besides, he has a love interest now: Buneary. If either one evolve then the whole idea would have been pointless.

If anyone disagrees with me then they should say so. Lets just not start an argument here and ruin a good thing :)
Spitfire

Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:04 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

If Pickachu did evolve into a Raichu we would definitely be at at the end of Ash's journey, an event with such magnitude would be saved for Ash's winning battle agains a champoin when he finally becomes a pokemon master (you can see it happening, Ash loosing agains his/her last pokemon and then out pops the thunderstone and pikachu grabs it and then an epic 7 minute evolution followed by a 56 episode long battle commences and Raichu wins). I wouldnt mind if it did or didn't happen, Ash is a very staple character in the pokemon series and it may lose alot of interest if he goes, but if such an event occurs we could start completely afresh with a new trainer in a new region which wouldnt be too much of a bad thing because change is always good, unless its bad then change is always bad :)

Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I think Team Rocket should steal Pikachu, ship him to Giovanni, and he can force Pikachu to evolve against its will. Then Ash will explode (I mean literally, blow up) out of nowhere, and the rest of the show is about Team Rocket's mis-adventures.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:02 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Personally, he should evolve Pikachu (for extra stats and much stronger)
but for the sake of Pokemon Fans, We people comes to our mind when we heard the word "POKEMON" it's PIKACHU! =)

That's my idea. :D :D {pikachu} :D :D

salamence47™|RN

{garchomp} {gyarados} {salamence} {kingdra} {altaria}

Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:44 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Emin Jofit wrote:
I think Team Rocket should steal Pikachu, ship him to Giovanni, and he can force Pikachu to evolve against its will. Then Ash will explode (I mean literally, blow up) out of nowhere, and the rest of the show is about Team Rocket's mis-adventures.

{ditto}

Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:29 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Nah, that's really weird. I bet if his Pikachu evolves, it will be on accident. Like, he has a thunderstone in his bag, and it falls out on top of Pikachu.
I have expirenced lots of accidental evolutions. Three in fact. Two out of the three temporarily hated me, the third felt akward... So no, Pikachu should not evolve.
Unless it magically evolves into Gallade... :lol:

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

No.

If they were going to evolve Pikachu at any point before the series ends, if it ever does, it would have been earlier on. Not almost twenty years later, just for the hell of it. It would almost be a discredit to the franchise, and the anime would never be the same again. Not to mention the fact that Pikachu is the mascot of the series as a whole. No, at this point, if Pikachu were to ever evolve, it would be in an OVA epilogue sort of episode, after the games have stopped being produced, after the cards have stopped being illustrated, and after the manga is forgotten altogether by the populous.

As it is, Pikachu might as well be a magical piggy bank that never needs to be broken and spawns money.

Besides, I just can't see Ash with a Raichu on his shoulder, and it would destroy my childhood if I ever did.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6