It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 27  Next
 Pokemon of the Week Discussion 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I can see this guy having a few elemental punches and hyper beam as an emergency special move.

Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:22 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Looks like a very special Magma Aggron. 3/10

Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:45 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Any Attacks that are Super Effective on this Pokemon have their damage lowered.

o_O

This thing has awesome stats as well as a very wide Physical movepool. Looks cool too.
Top tier OU ownage.

9.0/10

Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I find the whole D/P Psychic trio a little weird but they're also kinda cute.
This one's no exception.
Great overall battling skills though.

8.0/10

(lol I just double posted and my sig hates double-posters :().

Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:01 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Just a little tidbit of information, Yukushii's head is shaped like a human brain, because it represents Knowledge.

Anyway, I thought with its good base stats for Defense and Special Defense, an alternative use for Yukushii could be as a Tank of some sorts. Pity it doesn't learn any trapping moves (iirc).

Update coming later, but feel free to continue to discuss Yukushii, after all only mmj has commented on it >.>

Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:11 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

tiger10x wrote:
It does add quite a few new moves to its movepool, but there aren't many significant ones. These include: Mirror Coat, (lol)Psybeam and Signal Beam.

They should have gave it Psychic. Mirror Coat and Signal Beam are awesome on Mantine though.

Tamanta and Mantine ftw!

9.0/10

Last edited by mr.m.m.j. on Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:25 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

By the way, the further review was done by tiger10x, not me =p

Anyway, if Hidden Power is indeed running off Special now, then perhaps Hidden Power Ground might be a possible move too. This will allow Mantine to be better protected against Electric Pokemon, though such a strategy might be more effective only in-game.

Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't like Leafia's design. It looks like a green mutated Ponyta/Rapidash.
Its probably really good in battle judging by its stats and moves but it looks really ugly. :/

6.5/10

Last edited by mr.m.m.j. on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:02 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Heh, a Pokémon that I like a lot has finally being picked, and I get to be the first to comment on it!

Anyways, Mimiroppu.

Mimiroppu is almost humanshaped, an anthropomorfic bunny with giant ears and a cute pre-evo. Those aspects already earned it quite some points to me. I love its ears and I love the fact it walks on two legs and almost resemble the humanoid posture. And I've seen lots of good fanarts of this Pokémon, and I loved most of them.

Mimiroppu's stats are not that bad, except for the sucky Special Attack, but I guess you can expect that from a Normal-type. I guess it would make a good (not awesome) Physical Sweeper, with Dizzy Punch or Return. Fortunately it has some good Defenses, but an almost lame HP. I guess I'd probably go with the first Predicted Moveset.

Overall, though.

9.5 / 10.0 Mimiroppu would be perfect if it had just a bit more of Special Attack.

Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:50 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm disappointed. I though they would make a better bunny/rabbit pokemon. It's too fluffy and too weird imo :/.
I've seen that it has a very wide movepool but its attacking stats are kinda low.
I don't like its appearance.

5.7/10

Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I adore this thing and am going to train it the first chance I get.
Sneasel got so much better in D/P. It got better moves and an evo which means better stats and cooler looks.

It's still a bit fragile though with all those weaknesses and average defenses >_>.

Awesome!

9.5/10

Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:23 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Rather than editing in the further review and all that stuff in the main topic, I've decided to bring it over here because Minomucchi has such a weird evolution thing. First up is the male evolution, Gaameiru:

Gaameiru @ Chesto
Timid/Modest | Swarm
252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
~#405
~HP Fighting
~Shadow Ball/Psychic
~Rest

This Pokemon's not very well suited for much else than special sweeping. Although it also has a base 94 Attack stat to go with its 94 Special Attack, it doesn't have many moves to support it as much as it does on the special side. Its Speed, at base 66, isn't perfect either, so that's why you're given a choice between boosting that or your offense.

And on to the female forms:

Minomadamu (Grass) @ Chesto
Bold | New Ability
252 Sp Atk, 129 Sp Def, 129 HP
~Energy Ball
~Shadow Ball
~HP Fighting
~Rest

This form can't do much offensively in comparison to stats, but it doesn't have anything that can support it defensively enough to make it useful. Instead, the best it can do is that type of sweeping set with the EV and nature set-up.

Minomadamu (Ground) @ Choice Band/Chesto
Adamant | New Ability
252 Atk, 129 Def, 129 HP
~Return
~Earthquake
~Rock Tomb/Rock Blast
~Rest/Razor Leaf

If the grass form had a small amount to offer, than this one has literally nothing. It only learns a few reasonable attacks, and it has the same low speed as the other forms.

Minomadamu (Steel) @ Chesto
Modest | New Ability
252 Sp Atk, 129 Sp Def, 129 HP
~Raster Cannon
~Shadow Ball
~HP Fighting
~Rest

The steel form has a little more room for making a moveset than the other two forms do, but it does suffer from the bad weakness to Fire. The speed doesn't help either, but that's just a common factor among these forms.

Overall, there's not much to do with these Pokemon at a first look.

Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I always wanted a Hitmonlee for my team...

Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:20 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Er, that has nothing to do with the Pokemon being featured currently. Are you referring to any Pokemon which have been featured in the past?

If not, please post in the correct threads :wink:

Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:47 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I can see Pinpuku being very very annoying with that suggested moveset. A pity Metronome can be extremely unreliable at times. There isn't much to comment about Pinpuku's final form. You either hate Blissey or love it, and for me it's the latter.

As for Pochama, interesting moveset too. I can forsee Enperuto being used by many, because it exploits a new and innovative typing, Water/Steel. It'll most probably be used for Special Sweeping due to its better Special Attack. Since it can also learn Swords Dance, it is possible to use it for Physical Sweeping too and it shouldn't work too badly in that aspect. As for the moves it learns, things like Rastor Cannon, Steel Claw and Avalanche look interesting enough.

Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:10 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Don't hurt me for the slight bump...POTW shinou edition - Manaphy

I'd just like to post my questions on the upcoming moveset by tiger:
~Why Psychic? With so many counters, including the abundance of steels and darks, why?
~Where's safeguard? True, defensive moves aren't on Ubers (unless they are Lati@s or Wobbs), but its good to pack it on, especially if there isn't alot of a movepool.

Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:40 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Why Psychic? It's just a choice that you can use. (The other choice is Shadow Ball.) Surf should be able to take care of Steels and Darks anyway, especially with the Calm Mind or Tail Glow boost.

Safeguard isn't there because of two reasons. One: Manaphy has no real need for it in the set. It's just sweeping. Also, you could just use Rain Dance with Hydration instead. Two: I don't care for Safeguard personally. It's kind of like how some people prefer Fire Blast to Flamethrower. I just don't use Safeguard.

It's really just a basic moveset anyway. I don't necessarily analyze every possible thing or situation that it could be in, I just throw some stuff together and summarize it. Maybe you could post your own opinion of a moveset of Manaphy. It's something that can create discussion at the least. :wink:

Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:30 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I was also trying to bring up discussion, seeing as noone has really been talking in here. Also, i didn't want you to think that you put it up in vain..

Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:19 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I love Manaphy! It's so cute and fun! Heart Swap and Hydration are kool too.

I give Manaphy a 9/10.

Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:12 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

~No movepool
~Attack is too high (still hurts itself badly when under confusion)
~Its a legend, more importantly, it'll most probably be uber like mew), or a **** to contend with in standard play (celebi and jirachi).

Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:00 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I hope its okay, because we have a new pokemon.

The tankish metagross of sinnoh
It needs more of an HP stat. And, a way to recover hp without sleeping.
It looks usable, though.

And, levitate is such a cool trait :D . Though, with iron defense and no amnesia, heat proof may be more valuable.

Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:21 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Dootakun and Doomiraa are the only non-legendary psychic types that are unrelated to pokemon of previous gens. If I were DP, I would've chosen it for the Sinnoh gen icon. D=

Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:44 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Um i just registered and i dont know where to find the POTM so could someone help me please?

Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:03 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Second of all, its POTW (Week), not month. Shinou (recently changed to Sinnoh) - http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5266

We need a regular one, but I'm about the only one to show real interest in discussing. When sN0wBaLL was running it, he put it up, and then everyone just read it, no discussion.

Edit: Yes, Pelligargetic does participate, but thats it.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:15 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I think I might try the second moveset for Mikaruge since it does seem to have potential for PP Draining. PP Drainers don't seem to be used much, so using the moveset would be somewhat like a novelty ;o

Having read the background information, I now realise what an interesting background Mikaruge has. To think I initially thought that it was a bad design and was just an ordinary gas ball =p

Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 27  Next