It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Pokemon of the Week Discussion 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Slaking is a great pokemon is you depend on power.

I however depend on both power and a small mix of speed, I do not like wasting a turn with his ability no matter how strong he is.

I may not use him but I surely hate matching up against him in any situation, even with a maxed out Hitmonlee. :lol:

8.2/10.00

Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:25 am
Profile ICQ
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Yay! Unown rulez!!!1!11!11

Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:15 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Unown: the ultimate way for preteens to sneak profanities and blasphemies into the game. Sure, you can name your trainer and your rival something obscene, but having dancing four-letter words hover over your just-tossed Garchomp? Priceless.

(S)ome dumb kids looked at Mewtwo and thought "Hey he can clone things and move objects with his mind and be weak to Ghost attacks, why can't I?" Because it is a freaking game!!! Not something you should actaully practice in real life!!!

Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Crosman wrote:
Slaking is a great pokemon is you depend on power.

I however depend on both power and a small mix of speed, I do not like wasting a turn with his ability no matter how strong he is.

I agree, Slaking has the highest overall base stats of every pokemon ever apart from Arceus. Beating all the other legendaries. (if not, drawing.)
Two words for any Slaking user.

skill swap.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:50 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Final POTW?! Say it ain't so! :cry:

There are plenty of critters which strongly evoke the original 151, but for me, Farfetch'd is particularly iconic of RBY. It was an in-game powerhouse without needing evolution to beef its stats; plus, as an in-game trade, it advanced quickly.

Its design sums up the original Pokemon theme very well, I think: a creature which wouldn't necessarily look out of place in real life, but with a unique spin that makes it unmistakable. The leek is just as trademark as Gyarados's lazer-chargin-up-mah expression or Charmander's flaming tail. A lot of newer critters don't have that sense of identity in design, or are too far removed from some sort of real-life touchstone. But Farfetch'd's design and origin in a story - plus the fact that it looks just like Professor Oak - marks it as a classic of the "old days".

I think I'll train one up, just in honor of this final POTW entry.

(S)ome dumb kids looked at Mewtwo and thought "Hey he can clone things and move objects with his mind and be weak to Ghost attacks, why can't I?" Because it is a freaking game!!! Not something you should actaully practice in real life!!!

Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:58 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

OMG :(

The last? I remember when I commented every week. But now...wow.

At leasted they ended it with the ducky.

I might breed one right now - poor little thing :(

Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:28 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Poor Farfetch'd. That's all I have to say. :(

I liked him in the TCG though; GOGO LEAP SLAP AND POT SMASH! Plus, he was like, the mascot of Imakuni?'s deck.

Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Gotcha. Some people didn't look at the bump, huh? :O

I know of at least two people that didn't fall for it though, or at least not completely. But I see that some people lowered their guards after the actual day of April Fools. Who says you can't do it earlier/later? Makes me wonder how much more popular Farfetch'd became over this week. :P

Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:31 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Farfetch'd was always pretty good imo, just that it would have been much better off with an evolution. I used Dux quite often back in RBY ;o

Anyway, I always check out the bumps, and when the bumps aren't apparent, I highlight the whole post, so I guess I'm one of the lucky two ;o

Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

See, that's not nice, and now I'm going to go cry. That's twice now that I've been successfully trolled on Psypoke; I can only take refuge in the fact that both times it was by someone with access to the administrator panel. :P

You know, I still think I'll breed me up a Farfetch'd. Good way to bring my attention strongly to bear on a particular species, sir. I salute you.

Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:47 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Castform <33333!

K, so castform is awesome, but it needs a Fog form (pure flying, amirite?) and a Snadstorm form even everything out.

*hugs*

Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:21 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

BTW, love how the entry entices you to view Mightyena's dex page and shows Mightyena's forum icon by the movesets... ;)

Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Castform is kinda like a small version of Kecleon. its weaknesses change when an arena ability is in play I.E. (Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Hail) Plus, if it has any attacks to go with the weather, it gets STAB, cool eh? Although I dont use castform for more than contests. cause most of its attacks are for the beauty catagory. i WOULD put the link problem in eterna forest but......... that wont be staying up too long (7 days. its just not worth it to bug Jiggz. hehe. Bug. {kricketune} i made a funny :P)

You Jump Off The Bridge, Then Ima miss your Sorry Butt

Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:07 am
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Fixed the picture and the link.

Anyway, Castform? Hmmm... kyute ^_^
Castform is certainly interesting. It's fun having a moveset with Weather Ball and three weather moves, but that probably is only viable in-game. Overall, Castform is just a good novelty Pokemon to use in-game mainly.

Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:44 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

In response to sN0wy, a better idea is to have the weather already set up when Casty comes in, so that you can use the three extra moveslots. Personally, I use:

Castform @ Expert Belt/Heat Rock/Damp Rock (last two depend on when I plan to use it
Forcast
Timid - 252 SA, 252 Spd, 6 HP
- Weather Ball
- Blizzard
- Thunder
- Solarbeam

Just use the move that firs the situation best. WB gives obvious STAB in sun, rain, or sand. Thunder and Sbeam provide alternatives in sun and rain. Blizzy is the move for Hail. It can really mess with opponents, I was able to take out a Specsmence with this set once ;O! (granted, draco meteor missed and I scored a stab 4x blizzard, but w/e)

Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:51 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Hitmonchan is cool in UU play.

I personally like choice band.
Close combat is more powerful than sky uppercut, even after iron fist boost.
Thunderpunch is cool, mantine and waters.
Ice punch is also. mostly for altaria, but a couple of grasses as well.
The last move, either agility @life orb/expert belt, or mach punch, or earthquake @Choice band.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:04 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Master Chef had a pretty decent Hchan setup in his kitchen team. :D

I'm fond of Hlee and Hchan from the RBY days. I've been considering a UU team just for an excuse to use them. Hchan's attack is pretty decent, and its special defense is definitely nothing to sneeze at. A surprise Hchan set occurs to me, which is off the cuff and therefore needs desperate improvement:

{hitmonchan} @ Salac Berry
Careful | Iron Fist
252 A, 252 SD, 4 HP
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Detect
Close Combat

Meant to switch in on the rougher special attack threats (is there anyone in UU who learns Air Slash? :P ), provide boltbeam coverage, and sacrifice itself with CC.

Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:09 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

does anyone know where some rare cany is i need help {latias} :frustrated:

Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:22 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Hotmontop is a versatile pokemon, and can learn a lot of moves, (ele punches), but with his comically low special atk he cant do anything right

and he wears a skirt -.-

Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:05 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Yeah but with the D/P the punches are PHYSICAL which means PWN!!!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:06 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Oh yeah, i remember reading about that. I must of forgot.

Then...

{hitmonchop} 's coolness level is changed from "cool" \//
to !AWESOME! (||)
// \
\ //
( ~ )
{ }
/
|

Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:40 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Yay for Skunktank.

Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:12 pm
Profile YIM
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In the Umbreon Guild, where you can get awesome avatars and fusions!
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of posion types in general because they're really weak to what is possibly the most commonly-used phisical sweeping move in the game (EQ) and poision type attacks only hit pure-grass types for super-effective damage. That being said, Skuntank is on a short list of poisions I'd consider using because of it's immunity to psychic and a useful second STAB (Night Slash). I still probably wouldn't seriously consider having one on my main team, but he's definatly a choice for a UU environment or in-game play.

Thanks to Ender for the awesome signature.

Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:23 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I Love poison type Pokemon! And in game, they always work out fine in battle. Skunktank is maybe not my favourite poison type, But he
has a nice hairdo. {skuntank} its like elvis!

Kings and queens of my collection!

Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:18 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Zapdos seems good... But I think that the most used set nowadays is Tankdos. I've never seen any attacking, for to be honest. But ankdos became now popular and I think it still will be popular.

If you have any problems with breeding, Egg moves, IV:s or EV:s, you can ask me. Feel free to ask other things related to competive battling.

Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next