It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Why does everyone hate the Regis? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ive got all three of em, and I think they're sweet. Like, really. Why were they sealed up? they must have been too powerful I suppose. Meh.

Anyways, doesnt anyone find it creepy that regirock is animated boulders with eyes, regice just made of ice, and registeel being hollow and all? They need no organs to live...and they literally have no hearts...or brains...They're creepy in a way, and i like that... :twisted: :twisted:

All Pokemon exist for the glory of
TEAM ROCKET!

Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:01 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

They Inspired me. At first I didn't like Pokemon. Then my friends looked at a magizine. I saw the Regis. I said they look cool. then I bought Ruby to catch them and that is why I like them so much.

...This thread died almost a year ago. Why did you bring it back? :?

Karth wrote:
Anyways, doesnt anyone find it creepy that regirock is animated boulders with eyes, regice just made of ice, and registeel being hollow and all?

Not really, because it would make sense that Regice is made of ice, etc. :roll:

Karth wrote:
They need no organs to live...and they literally have no hearts...or brains...They're creepy in a way, and i like that...

They're called Golems.

...Lol, I posted in this thread a long time ago. ;D

Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I love the Regi's, and how they look etc. But I hate how hard they are to catch, i've never been able to catch one, That's how annoying it is, even when they're asleep with 2hp and I use 10 Ultra Balls, nothing works.

So annoying, I dont hate them, I just geta nnoyed with them.

Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I really like the legendary trios- all the ones so far really appeal to me. Even the RSE main trio are starting to appeal to me.

But the Regis.. just kinda leave me cold. I like humanshape Pokemon, like Jynx and Gardevoir. I like steel, robotic looking Pokemon, like Skarmory and Aron.
But there's something about the Regis that actually kinda creeps me out, and I think its because they try to be Pokemon and emulate life but they look so inanimate to me. I think its something to do with the Uncanny Valley (go see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley for more info about that)

I can't speak about stat-wise cus I haven't caught them yet, but looks wise, theyre quite scary. Also, the whole long-winded process puts me off- its a lot of effort to go to for three Pokemon I don't really fancy having..

Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:45 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

They are all ugly. How do they eat with no mouths. My favorite legndarie is zapdos. But i usally hate legendarie

Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Firstly, they're ugly (Okay, okay. Maybe Nintendo could have just put a bit more effort into its design?)).

Secondly, they're a pain to catch.

Thirdly, after wasting more then a hundred pokeballs on it while it had 1 HP and was asleep and HAVING TO RESTART MULTIPLE TIMES, wouldn't you just want to box it and never look at it again?

Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:36 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

They can get some pretty decent attacks, but they are horrible attack poke'mon. They are pretty much stuck as being tanks and there are already wayyyy better ones out there.

Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:54 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I like the regis. they are cool especially Regice. the best out of the 3. they must be bored sitting in those caves all day

I like Sonic and pokemon. they are cool

Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:34 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{regice} {regirock} and {registeel} are my favorite trio of pokemon. The people who said, Nintendo was not putting much effert in make the Regis, are wrong. As Krisp said, they are Golems. Which are Human-shaped creatures made from inatimite material. Most stories of golems are rock creatures, which is wrong, since some stories have it that some golems were made of ice and steel not just rock. So Nintendo created them of those kinds of golems. This trio is more unquie compared to the other trios. And they have better moves to choose since the bird trio has few good moves to choose. One of my best pokemon is my {regice} and it won the cool contest, and {regirock} won the tough contest.

Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:47 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

{regirock}={golem}
{regice}={glalie}

Not verry original, and they make me mad for no reason at all.

Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:04 pm
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The main reason I don't use them is because their movepools kinda suck, and I don't believe they look half bad, especially {regice} and {registeel}

Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:07 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I hate em cus they all used exloson and kod my battle tower teem it was the 50th battle to so i hate the and so do my lvl 100 latis gah and thats I hate the regis plus the look dum and every one was hoping mad for something good like suicune

Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i personally dislike them because they look stupid but i do admit they have good attaks but they are just plain stupid looking

Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

They have those stupid-looking shapes, they don't even have faces...

Great minds think alike. :P
I don't like them because of the reason above, and that they have fairly small movepools, the fact that they have fairly small attack/SA, and that they can only Tank well, which is a strategy I don't like.

Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I dislike them rather a lot because one has to go through all of this capturing of Relicanth, Wailord, and teaching of Dig and all that effort in order to get three difficult to capture, moronic...things that have the worst stats in the game! (Perhaps not as bad as Caterpie or Sunkern :) )
Okay, that's my view about them!

Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"Team Seekers"

"I'm perhaps the least typical Ledian user you'll ever get to see in the whole OU" - AABM.

· Say, Orange looks better than gray, doesn't it?

Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Also, what the hell is with Super Power!? Their stats are bad enough, why give them an attack that lowers them even further!!!! :evil:

Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:22 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Why are people complaining so much about their stats and attacks!?

Regirock's stats wrote:
HP 80
Attack 100
Defense 200
Speed 50
Spec. Attack 50
Spec. Defense 100

So its Speed and Special Attack suck...So what? It doesn't need them, it has a good physical movepool.
Regice's stats wrote:
HP 80
Attack 50
Defense 100
Speed 50
Spec. Attack 100
Spec. Defense 200

Similar case with Regice. It doesn't need Attack and Speed at all.
Registeel's stats wrote:
HP 80
Attack 75
Defense 150
Speed 50
Spec. Attack 75
Spec. Defense 150

This guy is one of the greatest mixed tanks in history AND he can actually cause damage unlike Umbreon or Shuckle...

These guys are awesome beasts when used right.

Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:03 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gosh! I didn't realise that Regice's Special Defence was so high! But then again, all three of them can be taken down with just one pokemon (if their EVs have been distributed properly.

{Blaziken} Blaziken, as his Sky Uppercut is Super effective against the three of them (thus rednering Regice's Sp. Def useless.)

{Medicham} Medicham, if it uses the Ice Punch for Regirock, and Fire Punch for the other too (This will become even more effective with Diamond and Pearl as the attacks will become physical thus benefitting from Medicham's high attack (I think))

and...

Any strong Earth Quaker - It is good against Regis rock and steel and Ice cube man is far too brittle to take a hit from a stabbed, EVed Earthquake.

To all the above - I think... I'm not 100% positive.

Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3