It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Glitch Discussion Thread 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Through three generations, we have encountered soooooooooo many glitches. May thought it ended with RBY, then with GSC, then finally with the advanced games. But noooooo, many were found in diamond/pearl.

So, a glitch thread spanning all pokemon Generations!

RBY: Too many -
1.) MissingNo.
2.) Mew
3.) Glitch City

GSC:
1.) Cloning - http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopi ... 665#210665
2.) Mewtation
3.) DV Fixing
4.) Graphics Glitch
5.) (Still investigating) - Ho-Oh in the beginning.

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (originally here) :
Peanut-Lover wrote:
I am tired of so many glitches, they are never catalogged appropriately. I will list a few: (These include the RSE ones only, hence it is in Hoenn Gen.)

1.) Berry Glitch
2.) Route 118: Aroma Lady (click here)
3.) Trading Trade Shock!
4.) Cloning here
5.) The reporters Click here
6.) *NEW* (As of 9/12/06) The egg receiving glitch (guy does not walk out to you).

:Edit:BadEgg Glitch removed, as you need cheating devices to attain it.

There are a few I have yet to look into - namely an infinite item glitch with the elites (lol, friends), and some in the thread.

FireRed/LeafGreen:
1.) Sand attack - I noticed this while playing - Sand attack (a ground move) affected a {zubat} (part flying) when it shouldn't have.
2.) Nugget bridge - here

Diamond/Pearl:
1.) In the Japanese version, you could get some event only pokemon (aruseus, sheimi, darkrai, etc) by using surf on the door of the elites. Still researching.

Some rules:
:arrow: Don't just post "Zomg, it worked" or "I love glitches". Contribute to the discussion
:arrow: Any comments on the glitches, or any new glitches that you find should also go in this thread.
:arrow: Don't put in glitches that occur as a result of cheating devices (ie, gameshark, action replay, etc) However, feel free to post others anyway.

Thats it - mods may elaborate on the rules as they so please.

Start Discussing!!!!

Last edited by Peanut-Lover on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:19 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

There is a glitch in R/B that involves Ditto. You catch a Ditto, and go to the left of Misty's town (I forget the name?). Fight a wild Pidgey, and transform into it. Switch it's two attacks (I think they're Gust and Sand Attack), and run away. You'll get some weird move called Cooltrainer or something. I don't remember, and my Blue version corrupted, so I can't check it. (It does work, though.)

I've gotten that glitched Ditto to do some weird things. I took some screenshots a few years ago when I still had my blue version file: shiva, voltorb, and my personal favorite. These images are a bit fuzzy because I took the screens with my webcam and SP. :d

There is another glitch in Blue version, but I can't really remember it. I took this screenshot for lulz a few years ago...I just wish I could remember how I did it.

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:07 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Are you reffering to a glitch like Donald's?

There re 2 more dealing with RBY and GSC -

Donald wrote:
DV Transfer
Contributed by: Sonuis

DV transfer is a unique glitch in the game, which works only if you have the Red, Blue or Yellow cartridges of Pokémon. Now, I know that this guide is for Crystal Version, but this needs to be mentioned for special purposes.

Requirements
* Gameboy (Color/Advance)
* Pokémon Red, Blue, or Yellow
* Pokémon Gold, Silver, or Crystal
* Link cable (Preferrably Universal Link Cord, or GBA Link Cord)
* A Pokémon of your choice (For this instance, we'll use Red Gyarados)
* Mimic TM
* The selected Pokémon must know Mimic.
* Poké Balls, Great Balls, Ultra Balls, or a Master Ball.

1. Transfer Red Gyarados to Red, Blue, or Yellow versions. This is possible, the only problem is that Red Gyarados won't be red in the Red, Blue, or Yellow Versions. It will retain its color once back into Gold, Silver, or Crystal.

2. Teach Red Gyarados Mimic.

3. Find... A WILD DITTO (Gasp!)

4. When you encounter the wild Ditto, use Mimic on it, and learn Transform.

5. Have Red Gyarados use Transform on the Ditto. I'd suggest twice or thrice in this instance, since it may not work properly without doing thing.

6. Catch the Ditto.

7. Send the Ditto to Gold, Silver, or Crystal.

8. Check the Ditto.

9. If successful, then the Ditto will be blue! Oh my goodness, how did that happen? Well, if a Pokémon is Shiny, then it will have a certain DVs. So, you can find Pokémon Shiny by trading, because DVs are the only reason why Pokémon are transferable to RBY/GSC.

Now, why do I mention this trick? Well, it can be very handy to get Pokémon of good stats, or Shiny Pokémon for fun collecting. Breeding is the key to this, due to the fact that DVs also transfer in this instance. If you have a Shiny Pokémon breeding (Namely Ditto... since it only works on Ditto), the Defense and Special DV values stay the same. This increases your chance to get a Shiny Pokémon! From 1/8192 in the wild, to 1/64! Plus, you can select the Pokémon too. This is one huge difference. Also, if you use a Maxed DV Pokémon, you increase your chances dramastically. From 1/65536, to 1/512. That truly is a How would I be able to get the better stats? Well, use a Pokémon whose DVs are 15/15/15/15, teach it Mimic, and follow the procedure. That will give you a Max Stats Ditto.

That is why this trick is very important!

Donald wrote:
Mewtation
Contributed by: Jason322
Further research: Jolt135 and Donald

The discovery of this on Rememberance Day (11/11) sent shockwaves through the entire Pokemon community.

It's simple in theory. Take a Pokemon with Transform, and face off in a trainer battle against a Sketching Smeargle. Transform into Smeargle, defeat Smeargle, and then wait until the next Pokemon uses a move that you want. Sketch it, then beat the second Pokemon. After the fight, the move you Sketched should replace Transform. To get Transform back, simply run the Pokemon through Pokemon Stadium 2's Move Returner. Repeat until you have a full moveset.

What makes this so damaging? Well, it gives Ditto 246 moves to choose from (yay), and Mew 248. Yes, 248. With its stats? God help us all.

And it gets worse, ladies and gentlemen... On January 12, 2003, I discovered that this same trick works if you Metronome a Transform. That means there's about seventy Pokemon by my count (possibly more) that have the potential for 246 moves. However, I want to make this perfectly clear. I am merely reporting the glitch, and am in no way endorsing its use. If someone sends me a complaint e-mail that they got beat by an Aeroblasting Mewtwo, I won't even bother replying. The reply is below.

*Reply edited, as it wasn't deemed suitable for all ages...

So, a few more glitches.

Anyway, Krisp:
Ditto Glitch and weird moves - could be a MissingNo. corruption, but I'll look into it. In the mean time, if anyone else has seen it, please post.
Did you ever encounter 'M or MissingNo. on your game?

Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:02 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Way back when, I somehow managed to get the ID numbers on both my Yellow and Crystal versions the same. I didnt notice, until I traded a pikachu over to yellow from crystal. I had two pikachus in my party, one from my yellow version, and one from Crystal. Note that Pikachu is following me as usual. I went to a PC to deposit the yellow version pikachu, since I needed to train the one from Crystal. I walk away, and notice Pikachu is still following me! Thinking I had deposited the wrong one, I switched them out: still following me! *little stalker XD * They even would have the same stuff happen, like falling asleep when you talk to the Jigglypuff in Pewter City pokecenter, or refusing to evolve with Thunderstone. I tried all these things with only one in my team at a time.

Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:01 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

This is an odd GSC glitch, if anything. I just tested myself; it works. Well, on Gold it does. I don't have Silver and I value Crystal more, so I'm not testing it on that.

To the actual glitch.

1. Fly or whatever to Vermillion City. Save if you want, but it's not required.

2. Walk over to the guy and the Machop (right corner), and talk to the Machop.

3. After the Machop finishes speaking, or whatever (after "The MACHOP is stomping the land flat), Pack->Key Items->Coin Case->Use. The game should freeze, with a purple rectangle in the top-right corner. I don't know if the rectangle will always be in that spot, but there will be a purple rectangle.

4. The game should reset itself, you didn't asplode it or anything, or at least I hope you didn't. Now, behold the wonder of the GLITCH!

Ho-oh in color
Close-up of said Ho-oh
Vermillion City, note how all the colors are screwed up

I turned off my GameBoy and it was fine. I don't know about prolonged exposure, though.

By the way, I got the idea from TR'sRockin, but I tested and took the pictures myself.

-Gardevoir~

Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:13 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Sorry, blaziken234 and Gardevoir~ - I've been a scatter brain recontly.

blaziken234 - That is really weird and impossible to test, seeing as getting the exact same ID is like what - one in onebillion. Also, I don't know if it was implemented by that time, but there was an id number (hidden) that prevents the exact thing from happening.

Gardevoir~ - thank you for testing the glitch - It is always good to here, seeing as I have barely enough time. I'll edit in.

There is a new (apparent) glitch to tell you all about, I still need to check -

Sketch pokemon = unlimited movesets!

You use assist with a persian/meowth to get the move sketch. If you only have a smeargle in your party the persian should be able to get sketch. That will then allow you to sketch a move.

Imagine - transforming Skitty, Exploding Cats, etc.
This could lead to breeding move expansions :D

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

there is also a glitch regarding item cloning in emerald which i have only just found out about. i found it out in one of the threads on these forums, but noticed that it isnt mentioned in this current thread. heres how it works:

go to the battle tower in the battle frontier. make sure you have two pokemon who are eligible to enter the link contest (the one on the far right). give the item you wish to clone to a pokemon on your pc. save the game. take the item back from the pokemon on your computer. go over to the lady (on the right) and start entering a competition. go as far as choosing the two pokemon to enter and when she says "i will have to save" (whetever her exact words are i cant remember) say "yes". the game will pause and, after she asks you again if you want to save, turn off the power (without saying "yes" a second time). when you turn the game back on the item will be with the pokemon in the pc, and also in your bag.

notes: you can do this with as many items as you want. so if you have 14 boxes full of pokemon, that is 420 items you can clone at once! (as long as you have room in your bag to remove the items.) also, if you have performed the trick once and want to clone the same items again, its easier: after you turn the game on, just go to the computer, remove the items, and then go to the lady and follow the above steps from that point on.

this one works perfectly - i have done it several times, and made 500 rare candies from just 10 in about half an hour. not to mention TMs, master balls, rare berries, etc.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i am pret-ty sure this is a glitch of some sort.

normally, when you're trading, if you accidentally bump the cable out of slot, it says "com. error, please turn OFF", etc., and both of u still hav the same pokémon as if u didn't trade yet, right?

well, my friend accidentally did this (bumped the cable) why we were trading (graveler's evolving stuff). well the error happened, and when i opened my game, i had the zigzagoon my friend sent me as the trading dummy, and my friend had a clone!!! so that day i lost my lv 65 gravler/golem and my hard stone

Sat May 19, 2007 11:34 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Arceus isn't obtainable using the Surf glitch. Just Darkrai and Shaymin. And you can end up in the Hall of Fame with an automatic win.

I don't really use a team. I just mix and match the Pokemon I have trained.

Sat May 19, 2007 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

There are still 2/3 days before this will count as necromancing, so I'll break the silence.

There seem to be Pokémon Emerald Versions in English and Japanese which were made in 2003 and get the berry glitch. The ones with the Berry Glitch fix programs were made in 2005.

Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:43 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Pokemon Diamond:
Name: Quincy
FC: 4553-8854-9459

The Rating Centre CAN'T be dead... can it??

Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:13 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

When you have Ditto out in a battle and it transforms into an enemy, pressing the Select button and rearranging the moves will cause the Ditto to entirely forget Transform after the battle. The next time you enter a battle with Ditto it will have absolutely no attacks and will only be able to use Struggle for the rest of its existence!!

Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
Walikin in the void

most peopel hears thi sbefore but its goin in here anyways

1st fly to eather solacian or jubilife (can be sone other places but to hard to do )

2nd get on bike set to fast speed

3rd (hard part ) hold the down button while rapidly pressing right and left
(should look liek your spinning or facing the wrong way if you doen this right ) keep going down and the next route you enter will be black and you can occasionally walk in it and enter battles there if you dismount your bick you have a better chance of game freze

Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:08 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

This is a topic about it http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20966
And a youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix7gpyiD ... re=related

I'm not sure if you can catch Darkrai with this, I've never tried it...

I've also heard about stealing Pokemon from the Battle Factory in Emerald
Here's a video from youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uoQN1SP ... re=related

Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've also heard about stealing Pokemon from the Battle Factory in Emerald
Here's a video from youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uoQN1SP ... re=related

But the stealing thing was using a cheating device. I remember watching that video, and it didn't work (I don't have hacking devices). And it's not a glitch because glitches aren't that easy to activate, just pressing the L button could be done by anyone mistakenly.

And to finalise it, if you looked at the comment extended, it says "using the gameshark's warping codes".

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:47 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

In reply to the "______ used TM05!" thing, that happens if you use the Missigno. glitch with a non-letter character in your name. I encountered the "TRAINER LV. 215" once with the name "???" (because of all the fun things like "??? gained 435 Pokedollars" you can do)
I never found a Normal Pokemon, just Missingno. M, and a Rocket with glitches like trainer and $%^ 8 $% (a square glitch with an Arbok eye as part of the sprite and some other Pokemon's details).
Using the Rocket-Missingno. Glitch, you can find moves that freeze the game, and one move that is Explosion without the user fainting (but the accuracy seems to vary based on the opponent, I hacked it, TM26 (or TM28, i forget), with my GS. I think the accuracy is based on the opponent's weight, as Jigglypuff it almost never hit, while Onix took a KO every time. Also, it's type is whatever trainer you faced last/are facing (against a Picnicker, the type is "Picknicker")
The stealing thing is cheating-device-boosted. The code just has to transport to you to any safe place when holding L, and you can go to that place with the stolen pokes in your party.
I also found an odd occurence in the Battle Pike, on the first round. When in the room with 3 paths, if you ruin 2 steps up, 2 right, and 2 up again to talk to the woman who tells you about a path, and go to the path left of the one she talks about (so if it was center, go left, if left go right), I found myself only going into rooms where nothing happens. Also, the "I heard whispering" message rarely appeared. However, when I started over on Emerald and tried it again, it only worked half the time. It may be a glitch or pure luck, but it was odd.

Last edited by SkyBlitz on Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:45 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

There were some trainers (like the policeman in front of PKMN Mansion) that sometimes battled me when I talked to them and sometimes they didn't!

Is this a glitch?

Pokemon Diamond:

Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:07 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

[21:03] <Pelli> There were some trainers (like the policeman in front of PKMN Mansion) that sometimes battled me when I talked to them and sometimes they didn't!
[21:03] <Pelli> Is this a glitch?
[21:03] <Pelli> Don't they only battle you at night?
[21:04] <Gardevoir> yes
[21:04] <Gardevoir> policemen only battle you at night iirc

Not a glitch, then.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It lets you get Pokemon at level 5 and hatch them right out of the egg...In their final evolution :D.
Ill edit it in later because I don't have time right now :P

EDIT:Basically,With the glotch you poison a pokemon and have an egg in your party.
Then when that pokemon (which must be lvl34 or higher) is on 1HP use an antidote or a poison healing item,and it will have ?35 HP. then go into a battle and you will say"GO EGG!" And the Pokemon will be the one in the egg but extremely miscoloured. and from this you can battle with the egg, train it, and EVOLVE IT. When it hatches it will have all the attacks it learnt in the egg and will be in the evolution it was in the egg.

EDIT AGAIN!: Today I put my Surfing Pikachu on the GTS to clone it and then he GTS kept disconnecting when I tried to take him back. I finally got into summary and guess what?
IT WAS AN ILLISUME!(sp?)LEVEL 10 HOLDING A MIND PLATE(pikachu had a light ball) AND IT WAS NICKNAMED PKTOPIA!(Im not angry Im just shocked so dont mind the caps :)) Has this happened to anyone else?

Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:00 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ShinyHunter07 wrote:
EDIT AGAIN!: Today I put my Surfing Pikachu on the GTS to clone it and then he GTS kept disconnecting when I tried to take him back. I finally got into summary and guess what?
IT WAS AN ILLISUME! Illumise (sp?)LEVEL 10 HOLDING A MIND PLATE(pikachu had a light ball) AND IT WAS NICKNAMED PKTOPIA!(Im not angry Im just shocked so dont mind the caps :)) Has this happened to anyone else?

You've just encountered the GTS morphing glitch! Apparently they're not supposed to switch species, but switch gender. And was it holding a "Seal Bag"? Because you get those things off the GTS when morphing occurs. See here for more info.

Hmm... I might try activating that glitch as well...

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:26 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Not really helpful, just funny.

At the top of a Waterfall in D/P, if you click down right after (like right after release) of left or right (so move around first), you'll go down the waterfall in the direction you're facing (left or right).

Pokemon Diamond:

Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:25 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Do not forget the item cloning glitch Emerald only

1. have at least as many pokemon in the pc as how many items to clone
2. Give the item to clone into the pokemon (up to the full pc (for example 30 pokemon with rare candy))
3. save
4. Open pc
5. Withdraw all items
6. DO the rest as the reguklar cloning
I use this to get 300 rare candy at a time with other stuff

Rse cloning alternite glitch
( i have no idea if this works, my liar friend told me this yesterdAY
1 put the cloning item in the 5th slot
2 go to slateport,
3 go to the lighthouse
4 pess the directilal keys in up left right down fast
5 Enjoy?