It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:36 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Jynx a racist stereotype? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I have an African American friend. He actually jokes about his color. It's nice to see some people can let things slip. It shows not all the world is bad. However, it's things like being "Canadian, means you're gay".

(Not that you are)

Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:46 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't think having jynx a pokemon is being racist. At my school, (not to sound racist myself) most of the students are minority. In three of my classes, I'm the only majority (not to say I'm better) person. I think the jynx thing is totaly out of control.

Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

They probably knew they would get money for it...

(Shutting down Jynx)

Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Commending you all on not making this a "[insert name of race here] sucks!" thread. I was worried initially that I was going to have to close this.

Keep it up. :)

Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

This whole race thing is very important so i think i'll try to bring it up to the top.

So here's my opinion:

You have to remember that there has been a lot if injustice to people all over the world from different cultures and communities. I come from Australia myself and people may not know it but Australia has a lot of racial problems. There is the issue of Aborigines in australia nd how badly they were treated. So of course there's the whole political argument about them. A lot of people in Australia (including myself) want to say sorry to the Aborigines for wrongs in the past, others do not. Its up to you to decide whether you want to leave the past where it is and whine about how it was 100 years ago so it doesnt matter, or you could be someone who wants to take responsibilty for the past and try to make it right... not that i'm trying to force people to take my opinion.

EDIT: Oh yeah and the whole Jynx thing is particularly stupid. You could yake any Pokemon and force a stereotype with it. I mean Cloyster has dark skin and looks malicious so you could say that Cloyster is pushing the stereotype that black people are evil.

Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You have to remember that there has been a lot if injustice to people all over the world from different cultures and communities.

Seeing as this was a discussion, I guess we could bump it.

This is the point. Us having to remember doesn't matter. Just because years of injustice have started, doesn't make it right, and doesn't mean we shouldn't try to stop it. :neutral:

Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:47 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Undeadcutlet wrote:
You have to remember that there has been a lot if injustice to people all over the world from different cultures and communities.

Seeing as this was a discussion, I guess we could bump it.

This is the point. Us having to remember doesn't matter. Just because years of injustice have started, doesn't make it right, and doesn't mean we shouldn't try to stop it. :neutral:

That isn't what I meant Truestar. What I was saying was that it is so common in the world and it's a terrible thing, not that I was against fixing it.

Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:33 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2