It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Something I thought of while playing Fire Red 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I decided to go through Fire Red for the umpteenth time this year, and I thought of something after defeating my first Rocket. (The Rocket member who gives you the Nugget at the end of the bridge and then asks you to join Team Rocket)

What would happen if you could join Team Rocket? Be the bad guy for once, steal Pokemon and work towards a completely different goal then the one presiding over all the other games.

Not sure if this is the best forum to place this topic, but it seemed the best to me. Sorry if there was a better place I could have put it.

Our shinies:

Sister: {nidoking} {machoke} {beautifly} {geodude} {abra}

Brother: {nidoking}

Somehow we both got the same first shiny, no hacking, just dumb luck.

Games between us:

Sister: Fire Red, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond

Brother: Blue, Leaf Green, Sapphire, Pearl, Red Rescue Team

Fri May 22, 2009 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'd love to be the bad guy
but I remember pokemon.com saying in response to a letter, Saying they wouldn't make a game that would promote law-breaking and evil.

Fri May 22, 2009 9:12 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I've always wondered the same thing and it always bugged me that you automatically decline. It would be sort of cool to have a whole different story line. Instead of working to collect badges, you could work to elevate your rank and get promotions ranging from grunt to executive (or maybe even Rocket Boss, but I'm not sure how that would work). Then you could work on battling trainers to steal their Pokemon and working to battle against the police and the story's hero/heroine.

I'm sure they could work in that sort of choice (to be righteous or be a Rocket) with these new consoles -- space can't be that big of an issue. If they do ever give you the option to be the villain, they should definitely use Team Rocket. Somehow I don't think many people would want to be a Team Magma hippie, given a choice. o.O Team Rocket was cooler and more evil.

Edit: As to the law breaking thing, they could make consequences. Since you're the bad guy willing to steal Pokemon, perhaps it's possible for the good guys to steal some of your Pokemon if you lose and send them to good homes? I don't know. Adding a bad guy option probably isn't very realistic, especially since a large portion of the audience is around 10 years old. Still neat to think about.

Fri May 22, 2009 10:00 pm
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Imagine it. Ruling whatever region you are playing in with a level 100 pikachu.

Considering police don't have weapons and the strongest trainers don't even touch level 80, that would be a very realistic goal.

"DERP I'M A DUMBASS :B"

Sat May 23, 2009 3:47 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It would be nice to have ruby/sapphire as you joining one of the teams and having to awaken legendaries.

Sat May 23, 2009 6:16 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i'd find being a Magma Grunt very boring, i'd prefer being part of Aqua...i would at leats get a Sharpedo eventually.

Sun May 24, 2009 8:04 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

They should make a Ranger sort of game where you're team aqua. Well, maybe not considering ranger was so bad.

Sun May 24, 2009 8:32 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

You can be a Team Rocket and go around stealing people's DSs, Pokemon games, trading cards, etc... by actually physically doing it in real life. Real life consequences may be a bit less fun to have to deal with afterwards though. And then there's the guilt.

Tue May 26, 2009 4:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Zotis wrote:
You can be a Team Rocket and go around stealing people's DSs, Pokemon games, trading cards, etc... by actually physically doing it in real life. Real life consequences may be a bit less fun to have to deal with afterwards though. And then there's the guilt.

Lolololol. got me thinking.
Don't think the Po-Po is gonna sic their Growlithe on you though, most likely a tazor.

But a game like that'd be interesting, even though it'd never happen.

Sun May 31, 2009 5:45 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In the Umbreon Guild, where you can get awesome avatars and fusions!
I think it's a cool idea definatley, I wouldn't mind being somebody other than the goody-two-shoes trainer you start out as. But I at least hope you can still catch at least a few of your own pokemon, 'cause the ones most Rockets have aren't that great. That being said, Arbok and Muk are pretty cool...

Thanks to Ender for the awesome signature.

Sun May 31, 2009 6:29 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I got to admit, that sounds cool, but I can think of one recent game that let you choose to be good or evil, and most thought it was bad, very bad so I doubt it would happen.
though i liked it.
SEGA

Sun May 31, 2009 10:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

sobohobo123 wrote:
Zotis wrote:

Lolololol. got me thinking.
Don't think the Po-Po is gonna sic their Growlithe on you though, most likely a tazor.

But a game like that'd be interesting, even though it'd never happen.

Flamethrower come to mind?

But it would be a good idea, maybe a few more crimes though (mainly from kids throwing red and white balls at shops :D)

My Soul Silver Team:
{feraligatr} {charizard} {sceptile} {ampharos} {crobat} {scizor}

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:07 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I would, if only to add some decent Pokemon which fit into their theme.

To be honest, when I found out Team Rocket stole Pokemon, I thought about stealing their pokemon in return. Didn't work. I thought this unfair.

I'd love a Rocket Executive position.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:07 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i'd liek to be the Rocket Researcher who ALWAYS gets the hardest Pokemon to beat! Muk is the best Pokemon all of the Rockets can boot, and the Scientist always gets it!

Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:43 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Dyvius wrote:
i'd liek to be the Rocket Researcher who ALWAYS gets the hardest Pokemon to beat! Muk is the best Pokemon all of the Rockets can boot, and the Scientist always gets it!

Now that you mention it, I probably would too.

Although, while thinking back, I think I'd likely be that Juggler Dalton, the only person employed by Team Rocket who wasn't a grunt or scientist.

Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:43 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Post ...
I think it would be pretty good. I just hope they don't stick to only Dark/Poison types. I'd rather use something like a water-type, or a Steel-type.

Also, new Team Rocket ranks would be cool.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've practically designed a whole game series to this end.

You play the game as normal until that point, when you can either answer yes or no. If you say yes, then you're whisked away to the Game Corner HQ to meet Giovanni and take off from there. Answer no and a Global Police Agent comes and recruits you as an agent. You either play as the Police or as a Rocket. Either way your villain is the red-haired kid from GSC.

The game is essentially missions for either unit. Later on you get a chance to challenge the Gyms and the Elite Four.

Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:37 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I remember playing different video games (coughstarcouchwarscoughgamescough) and there was SO much replay value if you decided to be good or evil. However, I can understand that the Pokemon game creators wouldn't make a game like that. I mean, pokemon is pretty much the little kid game! Thats a big reason I know that I play it. I love feeling like a kid

Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:18 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

They should give you two options instead of you decline straight away.

Like:

''Would you like to join Team Rocket?''

''You have been offered to join Team Rocket, do you accept?''

Then there will be Yes / No.

It would be cool but I doubt Nintendo is gonna make something like that.

Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:04 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

actually this could be agood isea for fifth gen where in the two different games your either rocket or police and at the end you have a chance too battle the leader of the game you picked and if you beat them a new legend either evil or good shows up for you too catch adn in the 3rd game youd be a normal trainer against both the police and the rocket teams with a neutral legend at the end

Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]