It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 The world's most tactical team 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

So, I'm looking to create a highly tactical, possibly overly complicated 6-poke'mon team. In this team, 'sweepers' and fast poke'mon aren't a priority. I'm looking for a team with a working round-a-bout strategy, opponent locking, one-sided pwned victory without all the brute force.

So far, the only two that's made the cut is Dusknoir and Blissey, though subject to be changed through suggestion.

I'm working on putting Bait-N-Toss onto my poke'mon and gathering a good amount of leftovers to give a bit of indication the direction I was going.

Any suggestions?

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:58 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okay, so I'm thinking something really annoying. Poke'Mon with abilities like Pressure, with high Defense and Special Defense as top priority. Pressure for things like self k.o.'s through struggle. Though that's all I really have so far for Poke'Mon abilities.

Other things that interest me are things like Static and Snow Cloak that I'd like to bring into a good strategy.

Not really anything with any real offensive moves though maybe round-a-bout offensive moves. I personally like buffs and debuffs but buffs are more a priority here than debuffs. I personally like things like amnesia, barrier, acid armor, iron defense and double team though I've learned that crits break through them and there's a lot of moves out there that ignore evasion, like aura sphere. I also want to use other moves to my advantage or strategy, like toxic or will'o'wisp.

I don't have any real experience in tactics when it comes to items, other than the obvious.

Leftovers - My poke'mon has high hp and defense stats. So, this is sort of a duh.

Improved Damage items - I'm using a sweeper. I want it to k.o. better. I give it this.

Though every time I go through my items I always stop at Sticky Barb and always ends up thinking that this may be played into a great strategy for battles. Though I always look at how the item works and always wonder what it's chances are to latch onto foes and how to get it onto foes that don't use physical attacks.

Lastly, weather moves. I haven't found any real advantage using weather moves aside from Hail when I'm using a Poke'Mon with Snow Cloak. The only Poke'Mon I have using Hail is my Glaceon, utilizing an evasion strategy. Double Team move and Hail combo, with the held item Lax Incense.

Does anyone have any advice on the movelists/Poke'Mon I could use or any other strategies?

EDIT: Also, has anyone noticed there's no moves that increase your own accuracy? I mean, there's Double Team to improve your evasion, Sweet Scent to lower your opponents evasion, things like Flash and Sand Attack to lower your opponents accuracy but no move to improve your own.

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

a bulky shuckle with knock off, rest, sandstorm, and toxic can be a hell of a fight

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:32 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Shuckle? There's a Poke'Mon that it seems I've greatly overlooked. I'll have to give it a once-over to see what I can do with it.

Knock Off!! There's a really useful move that I overlook so much! Just thinking about it makes it incredibly useful, though I've never put it into any of my Poke'Mon or strategies. Thank you KingErick!

Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:14 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Okay, lets begin
Swampert is one of the most solid defensive Pokemon in the whole game, he can guarantee stealth rocks, his typing gives him only one weakness (grass) which can easily be overshadowed if you have a correct team to back him up, one of my personal favorite tanks, anybody who underestimates him will find his team slowly crippled.

Next up is cradily, cradily is a beast in sandstorm, already high defense/special defense, curse makes cradily even bulkier, at the sacrifice of some of cradily's already poor speed, which isn't a big loss, furthermore, sandstorm increases cradily's special defense 50%, it becomes unstoppable, plus an instant recovery move (return)

But!, in order of this all to work your lead must be tyranitar, since he sets up a permanent sandstorm, its a team witch nobody will ever suspect.

Tyranitar
Blissey
Cradily[/color]
Dusknoir
Swampert
And lastly Bronzong!

Bronzong is the best wall in the game, only one weakness, a Petunia of resistances, many of witch are common, bronzong makes a fantastic support pokemon, but to make bronzong even stronger, teach wish to blissey, as it will help him recover some HP :)

Hope i helped :]

Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:06 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Get a Wobbuffet with the moves Encore, mirror coat, counter and safeguard. Its item a focus band. its nature is careful/ impish. with shadow tag as its ability.

Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Kaori Sakura wrote:
Thank you KingErick!

It's really strange to see a "Thank You" to a comment you forgot about 4 years earlier.

*sigh* time sucks.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:52 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Six metapods. ALLL THE METAPODSES!!!

Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]