It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:58 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Genesect 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I saw this extremely powerful and rare Pokemon in the Psydex, but how do I get it? I have the U.S. version of the game.

Sun May 01, 2011 8:48 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

You can't get Genesect at the moment. It's an event Legendary. And, unfortunately, the event hasn't been announced yet. You could always use an AR, but that's cheating.
And Genesect isn't extremely powerful. It's pretty strong, but can easily be defeated. It's signature move is next to useless because it has access to better moves of the same types. Stronger Pokemon are everywhere. Great as a Bug/Steel type, but not too strong compared to other Pokemon such as Haxorus (first Pokemon I thought of).
It is, however, extremely rare, seeing how it's impossible to get one right now without cheating. And odds are that the Keldeo and Meloetta events will come before Genesect. The National PokeDex order usually tells the order for event legendaries.

Sun May 01, 2011 9:15 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Mr. Dude wrote:
Stronger Pokemon are everywhere. Great as a Bug/Steel type, but not too strong compared to other Pokemon such as Haxorus (first Pokemon I thought of).

Haxorus is quite possibly the single most overrated Unova Pokemon in battle, since it has NOTHING outside of its Attack.

I don't know what Genesect's tier will be, but a lame trademark move doesn't negate a fantastic typing with only one weakness and a boatload of resistances, decent defensive stats on top of those many resistances, a pretty great movepool for a Bug-type, and good offensive stats that get buffed further with Download. That base 99 Speed is the worst part though.

But, yeah, it's an event Pokemon and won't be legitimately obtainable for a couple of years now, emeraldversion13.

Sun May 01, 2011 11:47 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It resists more than half the types and is immune to one, but fire types are devastating. Thanks for the help.

Thanks Frost! That really helped!

Ok, thanks again!

Last edited by emeraldversion13 on Sun May 01, 2011 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 01, 2011 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

No problem. Also, please remember that double posting is generally frowned upon here; I had edited your previous two messages into one. If you'd like to reply to more than one person in one of your posts, you can use Quote button or the [quote][/quote] tags without posting twice. ;)

Anyway, since your question has been answered, I'm going to lock this thread to prevent spam.

Sun May 01, 2011 4:19 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 5 posts ]