It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 
 Narrative 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Haven't seen this mentioned in another topic (i'm sorry if it has) but any reports on whether or not they will change the narrative of the game from it's predecessors?

In my opinion, this is the aspect of the game that requires the most change. As someone who has played the game in every generation i really do not want the new game to be set in the same old format where you start in a small town, professor rowan, or oak or whatever gives you a fire/grass/water pokemon and you tackle 8 gyms and the pokemon league. It's really worn out. They need to make the game bigger, with more side quests, or maybe make it less linear in general.

Any thoughts?

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i think this has been in established in other threads but i would defintely agree.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I hope they will too. An actual plot with real character development would make me happy (I mean, not something like the rival learns to love their pokemon) but I don't think it will happen. I mean I guess they want to strike a chord with their target market (unknown 10 year old kid strives to be a Pokemon master, beats all the villians, becomes the champ..)

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I touched on this a bit in the "what features b/w SHOULD have" where I talked about changes and kinda would like to see the main story be based on catching or filling a regional dex.. then having the gyms come later. However, didn't really delve too much into what the plot points should be.. kinda the "evil" in the land creating trouble.

Does anyone have any good ideas for plot points? Not necessarily the gym progression.. but what kind of baddy must be defeated.. what they are doing to the pokemon.. etc?

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:23 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I don't think this would ever happen beyond what has already happened. The games have "plot" as far as has been discussed in this thread.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I think they should play around with the evil team in the game. Maybe have it a bit like Pokemon Colloseum where the leader of the evil team was an improtant good figure. I think he was the mayor of some city? any i am just tired of the same old evil team plot. beat them at a few mini hideouts, then take them down at there HQ.

Way more sidequests would be great. I know there are quite a few but the only games in my opinion that had lots of sidequests are Gold/Silver/HG/SS because you get to go to Kanto. It seems like they tried with DPP with the whole battle island in the northeast. but i quickly finished that.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:20 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I would be glad to see a change of Narritive not only for the bad guys but also the good guys as it is getting more & more boring by the Generation...as stated by another I would love the idea of the Evil Team's Leader being some good figure who is in a position of power at first...it's a really good idea which they could work on...& they also need to bring back a rival that was kind of like Blue from RBY...competitive, cocky, became the strongest trainer before being wiped of the throne by you the protagonist & his rival...rival doesn't have to become champion but do something of great statue...not that Sinnoh Rival crap...worst rival ever made imo...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:19 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

To help prevent linear plot, how about give more incentives for choosing contests over gyms? That would encourage versatility and branching of choices. Also, how about opening a third specialization/profession--breeding?

Provide awards and rare pokemon by competing in contests more and/or in breeding.

Why stop at that? How about a tracker/hunter? A tracker/hunter tracks certain pokemon (i.e., by species, type, habitat, etc.) for someone, perhaps for other starting trainers, or tycoon collectors?

Not only will this open up more choices and increase story arc, it will also make gameplay a lot less repetitive.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:12 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yeah...that could work, AceTrainer...I really like the hunter idea the most...except that if they don't fix the in a sense broke catch rate that occurs sometimes then I might end up not liking this after it's added, if it's added...otherwise, I'm completely on board regarding the hunter idea...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:32 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thanks. Just imagine being able to receive a random previous gen starter as an achievement-prize for breeding, say a rare pokemon or after breeding 10 pokemon.

Receiving an extra master ball or so after tracking 10 rare pokemon.

Customize your character or receive a rare TM after winning a contest at the highest level.

Things like those would be nice.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:01 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yeah...some of that is needed too...

Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:47 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I quite agrees with most everything you said. It could always have the classic storyline, but with more exciting extensions. Of course a complete makeover would be exciting, it seems a bit uncomfortable for older players who are used to the old plot. If creative extensions/changes are applied to the classic plot it would definitely make the game more exciting!

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:22 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

hmmm, i would like to see blue again. or an actually evil organization. or both.
diving!!!! loz

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:49 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

totally agree with u

Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:20 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Being able to get more than one masterball excluding POkemon Lotto

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

While I do agree it would be nice to see a difference in the story-line, I would not like to see the difference too drastic. I don't want to take away from the nostalgic value the previous 4 generations had, I don't want to play through the same game again.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:56 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

im not sure where to put this so im putting this here the pokemon best wishes is not the 14th movie it is the anime T.V. series they have already started airing it in japan to my knowledge there is no news on the 14th movie yet but thats just what iv come up with so far. I hope a moderator sees this

Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:26 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Your post is in the wrong section, as this is for discussing the games. I'd recommend the anime section if you want to bring up anything about Best Wishes as.. y'know, it's for talking about the anime. Additionally, please do not necromance month-old threads. :)

Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:26 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 18 posts ]