It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 4th generation pokemon contests 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Whoa thats a lot there. I have a lot of berries because i bread them to death in emerald and i kinda forgot about all the details. I just know how long it takes to reach the final stage.

Yes i understand, i myself am spending a good deal of time preparing for my HG. But i have to spend a lot of time studying for this international math contest that my teacher is making me take because i tried a previous one and got the highest score ever achieved in my school. I think it is because people in my school are silly >_< Anyway i find that the only contest rank i need poffins for is the last one. I find all the contests are ridiculously easy until the master rank. then i get some challenge.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

hmm. i dont really know if this would go here, but its about contests, so.....
what contest/battle movesets would you use on a gallade for cool contests? i mean, what moves, that would work with battling AND cool contests.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:13 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:
Whoa thats a lot there. I have a lot of berries because i bread them to death in emerald and i kinda forgot about all the details. I just know how long it takes to reach the final stage.

Yes i understand, i myself am spending a good deal of time preparing for my HG. But i have to spend a lot of time studying for this international math contest that my teacher is making me take because i tried a previous one and got the highest score ever achieved in my school. I think it is because people in my school are silly >_< Anyway i find that the only contest rank i need poffins for is the last one. I find all the contests are ridiculously easy until the master rank. then i get some challenge.

Okay I see...& yeah, the other ranks can be won without poffins, the first round & the first two can be won by pretty much any pokemon with the right focus...Master Rank actually feels like an unfair increase in difficulty as it's like going from tutoring level to intermediate level in one move & it (I hate to admit it) caught me off guard...probably cause I never got there in the regular Contests...meh...Oh & I'm prepared for SS...as berries can wait from my perspective...as far as your school though, your guess is as good as mine unless you weren't guessing -_- ...meh...

Oh & @ Ryder = This might not help much but these are the moves Gallade can use in a Cool Super Contest without dropping voltage;

Cool Moves: (+1 Voltage Level for Judge it's performed for) (format is...Move = Effect / -Hearts/Points-)
Double Team or Teleport = Allows you to perform 1st next turn / 2
Leaf Blade or Psycho Cut = gain +2 if you perform 1st with this move / 2+ bonus from effect
Fury Cutter = Allows Repetitive uses without unimpressing the Judges (dropping voltage or hearts/points) / 2
Slash = Basic Move that has no special effect / 3
False Swipe = Your score will be higher the lower the Judge you perform for's voltage level is (0 stars is the lowest see?...) / 0+ bonus from effect
Beauty Moves: (doesn't effect Voltage Level of Judge it's performed for)
Night Slash = same as "Slash"
Feint = same as "False Swipe"
Swords Dance = Double hearts/points for the next performance if one but gives you no hearts/points itself

So I would use something like this as a moveset;
1. Psycho Cut
2. Night Slash
3. Double Team
4. Leaf Blade / Swords Dance

This would work both in the Contests & in Battles...anybody else?...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okay, Lawence Codye has the right idea except for the Double Team move. Going first the next turn is best if you double your move first. If you teach your Gallade Swords Dance instead of Double Team, that's a better move for both Contests and Battling.

@ Ryder: Your Gallade should do well with:

Swords Dance - to earn Double Points next turn. You will earn at least 1 heart, (but that's unlikely because you usually get 2), and you usually get to go first next turn.

Leaf Blade/Psycho Cut - earns +2 if performed first. If you use Swords Dance, the chances are fairly high that you will perform first the turn you use this move. You would normally earn +2 for the regular performance, but if you perform it first you get +2+2, and if you combine this with Swords Dance, you get +2+2+4. So you end up getting +8 altogether. For battling though, Leaf Blade would be better because its stronger.

Slash/Night Slash- earns +3 just as a performance. This is a backup just incase Leaf Blade/Psycho Cut isn't able to be performed first. You are guaranteed to earn at least +7 if performed with Swords Dance.

False Swipe - earns more hearts if the judge has low voltage. This is move is best suited to be used after one of the doubling combos. After a doubling combo, you are usually last to perform next turn. Just choose the judge that has one or no voltage points.

By the way, my Gardevoir now has 43 ribbons. :D

EDIT: 45 ribbons now

Last edited by Psychic_Espeon_16 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:00 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Psychic_Espeon_16 wrote:
Okay, Lawence Codye has the right idea except for the Double Team move. Going first the next turn is best. If you teach your Gallade Swords Dance instead of Double Team, that's a better move for both Contests and Battling.

By the way, my Gardevoir now has 43 ribbons. :D

I starting to see the fatal error I made & OMG my Glaceon only has 18 going on 19...shi I better get to work on mine then cause 43 is a lot...maybe work on the 50 consecutive wins via Battle Tower Double Battles...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

thanks guys, this'll really help. :D

Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:21 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Wow 43 ribbons is a lot. The most ribbons one of my pokemon has is my Blaziken with 31 ribbons. All ranls of cool contests and all ranls of hoenn beauty contests. The rest are random.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

forty thr- ......dang. thats a ton of ribbons. how did you do it?

Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2