It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Help needed evolving 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

sorry about this - i'm a total novice on pokemon and have no friend codes (probably i'm too old to know anyone with a DS!!) so have been using the GTS. I went to trade a Porygon holding the upgrade and got a Bastiodon back (think it was a random request). Anyway, i then asked for a porygon back, swapping the Bastiodon and got a Porygon with no disk. Now what do i do, as i guess there are no more disks and why would someone give me one back with no disk? And in future how would i evolve it (the porygon). Thanks in advance.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:36 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sorry, kid, the GTS wasn't made for trade-backs. Once you trade something around the world you'd be very, very hard-pressed to find it again. You may never see your Porygon again. Also, not everyone is interested in you completeing your Pokedex, so when they put something up for trade it may not be in their best interest to attatch eveloving items. For future reference, if you need help evolving, come here and post your request in the Wi-Fi Trading Thread and someone can help you out there. Also, there's a little trick with the GTS I like to utilize: what you do is put up your Poke for trade and request something impossible (lv. 1 Mewtwo or something), then trade for something else (just search for something simple) and when you take back your first Pokemon, it should evolve. Sorry about the confusion, but you just live and learn.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:09 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

hey thanks - i actually got one of those trades to fly (where is didn't do a swap by depositing, i took a pokemon back and it evolved) but most of those offering are just ridiculous. where do i ask for a trade to be done then per se if i just want an evolve - cos i would really like my proygon turned into a porygon2 but now i don't have the disk?

p.s. one other question (hope i'm allowed) but my roselia wont evolve with 2 big hearts and the shiny stone and its level 43.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

3 big hearts are needed and you need to do it in the morning with the right evolution stone I think...
If you need pokes to trade I would be glad to help you.Pm me and we can work some good trades out...

Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:58 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

blue85 wrote:

p.s. one other question (hope i'm allowed) but my roselia wont evolve with 2 big hearts and the shiny stone and its level 43.

To evolve Roselia you just need to use the Shiny stone on it, that evolution has nothing to do with the happiness meter/level/etc.

(Since it sometimes needs metioning. You need to "use" the stone on Roselia, not "give".)

Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:19 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

ok thanks.

1. how do i "use" the shiny stone on roselia?

2. is there another disk anywhere for my poygon seeing as i lost my porygon+disk in a GTS trade? or should i trade it (i expect there is only one porygon in the game, the player can use so seems pointless).

Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:53 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

blue85 wrote:
1. how do i "use" the shiny stone on roselia?

1. To "use" the stone on Roselia. Go to your inventory, select the Shiny Stone, and select "use". After that go to Roselia and boom.

blue85 wrote:
2. is there another disk anywhere for my poygon seeing as i lost my porygon+disk in a GTS trade? or should i trade it (i expect there is only one porygon in the game, the player can use so seems pointless).
2. There is only one Dubious Disk in the game. There are in fact two Up-Grades in the game, one is in the Eterna Galactic Building, while the other one is given to you by Professor Oak after you visit Pal Park. There is only one Porygon in Platinum, but they can appear in the Trophy Garden in Diamond and Pearl.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:34 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Many thanks Shinashu. I guess to get the second upgrade i have to complete the sinnoh pokedex to gain entry into Pal Park. I do have a Porygon L41 and would like to get one, any level, with an upgrade if anyone is willing. Otherwise i guess i can wait

Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:42 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Blue if you want, I can give you the second upgrade needed for a Porygon-Z, and if you want I can help you obtain one just drop me a PM if you want to do a trade to get it. I do not require any special Pokemon for doing this, or any other form of a "reward" or "thank you present".

Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:13 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

shinashu - thanks a lot. appreciated. i just want a porygon with an upgarde like the one i lost but more than happy to trade a porygon2 or a porygonZ. do you think porygon is any good? i have a rotom but in normal form and don't know how to upgrade that?? i've been busy upgrading a few, some of them maybe not worth it like golem, altaria. still finding my way with all this

by the way, do i just send you a PM and then you send one back in the WiFi club (the downstairs thing)?

My FC is 3610 1344 4999

Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:03 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

PM stands for personal message which is located beneath their post

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]