It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Fire Red 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I restarted it on thursday and i really am only training my charmander im at the eighth gym with a lvl 65 charizard but i have a question i have the 3 legendary birds and i want to know how im going to bet the elite four like that i always buy as many revives and hyper pots so i win so how should i do this??

Here is my team

Charizard

currently lvl 65
Hyper Beam
Flamethrower
Blast Burn
Fire Blast

Moltres

lvl 50
Fire Spin
Fly
Endure
Flamethrower

Zapdos

lvl 50
Thunder
Thunder Wave
Fly
Drill Peck

Articuno

lvl 50
Fly
Aerial Ace
Blizzard
Ice Beam

I plan to catch new ones on victory road

Snorlax

lvl 30
Headbutt
Strength
Surf
Snore

Dugtrio

lvl 29
Dig
Rock smash
Cut
Sand tomb

I have legendaries in Soul Silver, Pearl, Platinum PM me for friend code and we'll set up trades

WANT: Chikorita, Kyogre (from heart gold ONLY), Latias (again heart gold)

UP FOR TRADE: all legendaries EXCEPT for 3rd generation, i am currently breeding rotom i have around 200 at the moment.

Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:00 am
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

this is simple, change the moves of your team.
that charizard knows 3 fire moves, which is pretty useless, give it more varaity.
teach it the following moves:
wing attack/aerial ace: this kills brunos fighting types.
dragon claw: for lances dragon types
flamethrower: keep this move, it is so usefull
brick break: its a decent fighting move with good power.

As for the birds, you've made a basic-yet-common mistake, you've taught them all fly, the worst flying move ever, change it, get rid of fly, wing attack/aerial ace is better by far.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:28 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Your levels are too different for that team to be good. To quote eevee-master, you only need one Flyer. Since this generation added a lot better Flying-type moves, you might use them. As for Charizard, take advantage of the Flying STAB. I would suggest something like Wing Attack. Having three Fire moves is two things that you don't want, expected and redundant. Especially because your Charizard doesn't use its type advantage as well as it could.

I take it your Dugtrio is your HM slave. Snorlax seems a bit like one too, with that moveset. You might try Hyper Beam on Snorlax. As for the birds, again you only need one Flyer. (Heck, even Charizard could be your Flyer, but I wouldn't suggest it.) Spread those moves around. The best one that I can see is Articuno. Moltres has a similar problem to Charizard, but with Endure it's an interesting move to include. Zapdos probably doesn't need Thunder Wave and Thunder. You might consider setting up a Poke with Rainy Day, so that's more effective, and a different Electric move for that second one.

I'm by no means the expert on this (especially here) and in the end it's up to you. However, I would suggest that you try not to have too many attacks of one type on each Pokemon. Even all of the birds have that problem. Each attack needs to have a reason other than being there for STAB purposes. However, a basic moveset should be figured like this.

- STAB move for type 1
- STAB move for type 2 / (in case of single-type) powerful move of type
- move to counter main weaknesses
- move to surprise opponents (a lot of options opened with this gen for Pokes learning moves outside of their type(s))

Hope this helps!

AEPMT :D :) :wink: :mrgreen: :P

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]