It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Cressilia and Mespirit 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Any tips for catching the running pokemon?
I keep coming in contact with them and trying to put them to sleep, etc. but that never works and it seems as though my ultra balls/quick balls aren't good enough.

Is it possible to use mean look (I believe that is what the move is) to keep them from running?
I don't want to waste my time leveling up one of my pokemon who can potentially learn that move if it isn't possible.

Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, if quick balls aren't working, try migrating some Master Balls. If the problem is running into them, and if you don't already have it, there is an app for finding searching pokemon, which I'm sure you can find info on somewhere on the main site. Also, Mean Look does work, so i advise you get a Crobat or something that knows it, And has a crapload of speed. Those bastards are pretty damn fast.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Your user of Mean Look must be faster than Cresselia and Mesprit, otherwise they will run away before you can trap them. Crobat is a fast user of Mean Look, however, it is weak against Psychic attacks. If Crobat dies before you can catch Cresselia or Mesprit, they will run away.

Wait till at night, when Dusk Balls have a 4x catch rate. Once you do manage to trap Cresselia or Mesprit, freeze them or put them to sleep prior to throwing the Dusk Ball. The Freeze and Sleep status is twice as effective than Poisoning or Paralysis for catching them.

Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Well here's something you might want try out. Get an {umbreon} with Mean Look and Baton pass as well as any Pokemon with a sleep inducing move and False Swipe. Examples in decreasing effectiveness are: {breloom}, {parasect}, {altaria} and {kricketune}. This Pokemon must be of a level high enough to go toe to toe with the legend.

Get {umbreon} to encounter the roaming legend, use Mean Look and engage if possible, till the target is red. If not, just Baton Pass to the Pokemon with the sleeping move and False swipe. With that Pokemon, wither down the legend's Hp and use False Swipe to lower its Hp to 1. Put it to sleep and start throwing Ultra Balls etc.

This was the tactic I used to capture the roaming legends. :wink:

Alright whose next to be liberated from freedom?

Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:52 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Cresselia: Just keep trying hard with all those balls and mean look
Mesprit: Mean look + Pokeballs (whichever kind)

Don't feel bad if none of your balls work, or you don't even get 3 wobbles. It probably took me over 30 balls of different types I had to catch it. I had to keep healing Crobat (Mean Look) too. I eventually used Timer Balls, and it worked. So my main advice is:

Get a strong Mean Looker, get plenty of balls, hunt at night (Dusk Balls excellent), and bring timer balls if the battle stretches out for a while.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:21 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I levelled up one of my Pokemon (can't remember which) to learn Mean Look. I spent a few days hunting for both Mesprit and Cresselia but neither ever showed up, but now when I dont carry that Pokemon around they pop up everywhere - typical!

Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:41 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Always try to catch legendary pokemon at night with a good fast pokemon like crobat which has good speed. :!:

Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Two things you need.
1) A good ole Wobbuffett, with his Shadow Tag ability its will make it impossible for the roamers to run away, I have one that you may use if you need it.
2)Dusk Balls, do this at night where their catch rate is 4X that of a Pokeball.

Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:44 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Have a good speed'y' poekmon in your team with the move mean look, as well as a supply of hyper potions and lots of dusk balls, to help catch any legendary pokemon you come across.

Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:34 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

TBH, i just pal park master balls from my leafgreen. takes like 2 days per ball, too

Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:52 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I just gave them a status condition and went chasing after them with quick balls. I caught them both pretty fast.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:17 am
PROBATION
PROBATION

Wobbufet with the ability 'Shadow tag' or you could have a crobat with the move 'mean look'. It is peferable to do it at night-time. That way you can use lots of dusk balls. Worked for me

{darkrai} -Palindrome- {darkrai}

Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:08 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I used my brothers Pearl, got upto getting a master ball , gave it to a pokemon , traded to me, restarted 2x over

i caught both using the poke' app, it shows both of them on screen.

I kept running between Jubilife City And Route 203, I caught both of them within 5minutes :)

But like people have said, using mean look + Being Night + Dusk balls is a good way of doing it

With Uxie, Azelf & Dialga i used timer balls ( Time consuming lol )

:)

Pokedex: - Seen: 306 - Obtained: 199

My Team So Far:

{palkia} - 100 - {tyranitar} - 83 - {dragonite} - 87 - {rayquaza} - 100 - {groudon} - 100 - {mew} - 100
Updated Daily

Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:43 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I both cought them with an quick ball. It took me 5 minutes. But id you use action replay you have a code called 999x masterball and then it wel be easy to ;D

Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]