It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Factory Bests 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

What was the best party you managed to build at the Battle Factory? For clarity, state what battle style you use, and list the Pokemon in the order you had them. I always do Open Level, Single Battles. The best party I ever made was:

{blaziken} {dragonite} {starmie}

I owned Thorton without useing the Dragonite and he used:

{lopunny} {moltres} {articuno}

Starmie had the best moveset ever!

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Post ...
To be perfectly honest, the Battle Factory is quite easy to beat (in Open Level, that is). I believe it is quite simple because of the Battle Factory artificial intelligence (AI). For example, when a super-effective move seems obvious, they end up using one of the random mvoes from their set. Often, Pokémon with Fake Out will use this move after the first turn they are sent out, essentially making it ineffective. Enemy Pokémon with Thunder Wave will usually use Thunder Wave, then keep using the move.

Also, most movesets in the Battle Factory are pretty crappy :
Usually, the only way the Battle Factory will defeat you (excluding a large type disadvantage) is hax. The Battle Factory relies on hax to win, if you have a well-built team (it just doesn't make sense to be "chance" if the opponent's Outrage always goes for three turns and they never stop to attack them self, or if you get frozen for 10+ turns).

That aside, I don't play Battle Factory much. I have beaten Thorton for the Silver Print in Open Level. I used a physical Metagross, defensive Dusknoir (will-o-wisp ftw) and a special attacking Alakazam. Since I beat Thorton, I haven't bothered to return there.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I know the more you switch, the better the ones you get to choose from are. Could someone tell me how much you have to swap to get a good lineup to choose from at the start of a set?

Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:06 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Oh...

Apparently I'm the only person here who acually likes the battle factory.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:11 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I got the silver print for the Battle Arcade but lost the battle after that. I have like 40 battles in a row at the Battle Hall.

My Favorite Pokemon
{moltres} {articuno} {zapdos} {rayquaza} {blaziken} {charizard}

Help out my friend by going here. :D
http://pkmnsocial.top-forum.net/forum.htm

Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:32 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Hey, the Battle Factory Rocks! I love it cos they have interesting Movesets that may not work in competitive battling, but don't lose out in the Battle factory cos all other Pokemon in the Battle Factory have the same overall standard. Besides, it really does test how good you're at battling because you're forced to change your battle tactics and strategies depending on the situation and movesets of your rental Pokemon.

To test Skill, you test something that people have never seen before, not something they're familiar with. :wink:

Alright whose next to be liberated from freedom?

Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The Battle Factory is the best! The Pokemon you get are wicked awesome! Getting the gold print was sooo easy. I used Typholosion, Sceptile, and Salamence. Thorton used Gengar, Articuno, and Weavile. I murdered him with Salamence all the way.

Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:16 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

battle factory irritates the crap out of me. I've never even chalenged the brain yet. somewhere along my chalenge i always find a trainer that KOs all 3 of my pokemon with just one of his hers.

i've only managed to get the silver print of battle castle and chalenged palmer once (he crushed me with his milotic!)

Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:03 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hyperbole wrote:
To be perfectly honest, the Battle Factory is quite easy to beat (in Open Level, that is). I believe it is quite simple because of the Battle Factory artificial intelligence (AI). For example, when a super-effective move seems obvious, they end up using one of the random mvoes from their set. Often, Pokémon with Fake Out will use this move after the first turn they are sent out, essentially making it ineffective. Enemy Pokémon with Thunder Wave will usually use Thunder Wave, then keep using the move.

I agree. Lv50 was an absolute pain in the ass, but Open Level was a lot easier. One of the strangest things that my opponent did was getting his/her Claydol to use Trick Room twice in a row (effectively doing nothing and wasting two turns), so I KOed it easily.

Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:40 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

You know what? I bet the tower's bugged...on purpose. I've seen things like Focus Bands working twice in a row and a hell lot of other impossible stuff happening that results in my defeat. :(

Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:26 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I hate the unfairness of the Battle Tower too. If the opponent uses Double Team, it seems as though the accuracy of all of your moves are halved. Also, the opponents actually manage to freeze my Pokemon several times with Ice Beam or paralyse them with Thunderbolt, despite the small 10% chance.

Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:31 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The battle factory is cool and all, but i can't seem to win at the Open Level Lol. I've only gotten a streak going on the lvl 50s. Mawile was a complete beast and Houndour pretty much mopped up the teams with will o wisp

Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:03 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Wai wrote:
I hate the unfairness of the Battle Tower too. If the opponent uses Double Team, it seems as though the accuracy of all of your moves are halved. Also, the opponents actually manage to freeze my Pokemon several times with Ice Beam or paralyse them with Thunderbolt, despite the small 10% chance.

Precisely, not 10% chance of Freezing, more like "I Freeze when the situation calls for it, so that the player will lose! :twisted: " It's as if the game is screaming at you "Lady Luck hates you, too bad. Try again." :(

I'd love the Battle Factory so much more if it wasn't so luck dependent.

Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:46 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I finaly beat Thorton. I used tyranitar, ludicolo and blaziken. thorton was using meganium, heatran and kangaskhan

Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:02 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Umm, not to sound rude but doesn't the battle factory exist only in emerald? :? :? :?

Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:27 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I severely dislike the Battle Factory because of the random Pokemon, and the not too great movesets. I have gotten all Silver Prints from the other Frontier Brains, except Thorton.(can't get to him :( ). I entered there like 10 times and kept on losing. It was quite sad actually. But I am going to try again soon. Although I severely dislike the Battle Factory, I still think it's fun, in an aggravating sort of way.

Psper12, there is a new Battle Frontier in Platinum. The Battle Factory is there, along with three other new parts, and the Battle Tower.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Oh.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:51 am
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

To be honest, I am no good at the battle factory at all, but the best team, I ever had was a dragonite, weavile and a honchkrow. :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:31 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Just yesterday got a(n): Electabuzz w/ thunderbolt, focus blast, thunder wave, some other useless third thing.
Peliper w/Surf, aerial ace, ice beam, tailwind
Sandslash that I never got to use.

Creamed Thorton and got all those glorious boons afterward. I kinda miss the little guys now that they're not mine any more. I've started using my pktopia Electrivire now, because Electabuzz totally pwned.

Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:50 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Managed to get silver print twice, both on 50 and open, other then that I only have the arcade silver and Castle silver, I dont trust the battle tower and I cant get around to kill so many pkmn in the battle hall... takes to freakin long >.<

Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:42 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

After quite some time I managed to get the Gold Print in the Battle Factory (as well as all the other Battle Facilities [don't ask me how long it took for the Battle Hall that is a story I don't want to get into]). As most people do I have a crap ton of bad luck in the dealings of the Battle Factory, still perseverance prevailed and I got it.

As for a best team I don't really think I have had any one team be all that spectacular, I just use what I like from what they give me at the beginning and go from there.

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]