rhyperior or aggron 

rhyperior or aggron
rhyperior {rhyperior} 40%  40%  [ 8 ]
aggron {aggron} 60%  60%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 20

rhyperior or aggron 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I personally liked aggron he has helped me through my ruby saphire and emerald. He is much easier to get too since you can find aron in wild and you have to trade a rhydon with item to other person.In tons of my wi-fi battles i always see a rhyperior but iv yet too see a aggron.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I say Rhyperior is better.

Just look:

Rhyperior:
Type: Rock/Ground
Base atk: 140
Base def: 130

Aggron:
Type: Rock/Steel
Base atk: 110
Base def: 180

Despite the fact that Aggron has that massive defense stat, Rock/Steel is a pretty bad type, so bad that the common move Earthquake (which is carried by many physical attackers, some walls, etc. Either way this means A LOT) will deliver a swift knockout to Aggron. Oh, and don't forget the fighting weakness as well. Anyway, if the opponent doesn't carry Earthquake, then they probably carry a special attack (which means dead Aggron due to those base 60 special defenses).

As for Aggron's attacking stats, while being above average, it is quite slow, and the typing lets it down before it can attack. However, when Aggron does get to attack (don't put special attacks on Aggron! only physical) the hit can hurt.

--

Now, for Rhyperior. Rhyperior has high defenses, but a Rock/Ground typing is also bad, giving a weakness to Ground and Fighting, but not as bad as Steel/Rock. Rhyperior's high defense allows it to survive an Earthquake or two, as long as it isn't from too powerful an attacker *stares at Garchomp*. Now Rhyperior has gaping weaknesses to Water and Grass, but with a 50 base Special Defense, pretty much any non-resisted special attack means a dead Rhyperior. Just not if its in Sandstorm and has tons of Special Defense EVs.

For Rhyperior's attacking stats, they are immensely high, above Gallade, Heracross, Garchomp, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, and even Salamence. Base 140, means a STAB Earthquake/Stone Edge is a lot of damage, especially with the great type coverage. As for Torterra, who resists both Earthquake and Stone Edge, Megahorn is the answer to that. Rhyperior is a powerful physical attacker pretty much sums this paragraph up.

--

As such, I would say Rhyperior is the better choice.

sasory674 wrote:
I personally liked aggron he has helped me through my ruby saphire and emerald. He is much easier to get too since you can find aron in wild and you have to trade a rhydon with item to other person.In tons of my wi-fi battles i always see a rhyperior but iv yet too see a aggron.

Rhyperior = Overused
Aggron = Underused

that should explain it.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Last edited by Ace on Sat May 02, 2009 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 01, 2009 4:55 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

yea i personally think rhyperior is better..i have one...its a freakin beast man haha

Fri May 01, 2009 10:01 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Aggron, is probably my choice. Why? I try to stay away from overused pokemon, just because I like to be, well original. Although people can say "BuT rYpHeRiOr L00kS c00L3r" that's not a good argument. Aggron has a massive base defense compared to Rypherior, as Hyperbole had pointed out, making him a possible good tank...but enough with the complications. Aggron owns.

Sat May 02, 2009 7:06 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Aggron (lv 66) is my partner on Emerald, and can beat up a lv 80 pkmn in the Battle Fronteir, alongside my Blaziken. Btw, here's her stats on emerald:

{aggron} lv 66 @Macho Brace
Mild Nature

-Aerial Ace
-Surf
-Irontail
-Strength

HP 184
Atk 175
Def 234
Sp Atk 112
Sp Def 113
Speed 100

And here's her clone's stats on Diamond, after a little traiing:

Somewhat vain.

Sturdy (negates OHKO attakcs)

HP 198
Atk 188
Def 252
Sp Atk 119
Sp Def 122
Speed 107

Aerial Ace
Iron tail
Surf
Rock Slide

I think it's very versitile, and I liek Steel-type better than Ground. If Eletcric attacks didn't affect one or the other, that would change my mind. And Aggron doesn't own, it pwns.

EDIT: Rhyperior has an immunity to electric moves, but I still like Aggron better. {aggron} pwns {rhyperior}

Image (by Ender)

Last edited by khoufu on Sat May 02, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 02, 2009 11:32 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i prefer steel types because of the madness they create. just looking at an aggron screams to use a figthing/ground move, but the steel types still hold a special place in my heart...
on a semi-realted note, my fav steel stype is Metagross.

Sat May 02, 2009 2:22 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Agron is better

Sat May 02, 2009 9:59 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I will say Rhyperior is definitely more powerful. With almost full Attack EVs, my Lonely Rhyperior has an attack stat of over 420. Combine that with STAB and the incredibly powerful and diverse physical moves it can learn, and you've got a sweeper that will 1-H.K.O. just about anything.

That said, I'm a fan of using pokemon "just for the hell of it" so if you have an urge to use Aggron go for it.

Sun May 03, 2009 12:59 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Kakashi1350 wrote:
Aggron, is probably my choice. Why? I try to stay away from overused pokemon, just because I like to be, well original. Although people can say "BuT rYpHeRiOr L00kS c00L3r" that's not a good argument. Aggron has a massive base defense compared to Rypherior, as Hyperbole had pointed out, making him a possible good tank...but enough with the complications. Aggron owns.

Same here. In fact, I only use "NU" Pokemon, and Aggron will be leading my Bonk themed team.

Kudos to everyone in this thread for allowing Aggron to win the battle over Rhyperior, with a 3:2 ratio. I fully expected to be the only one to vote Aggron.

Mon May 04, 2009 12:11 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Rhyperior with soild rock and sand storm can survive water and grass attacks
because of its massive HP
and it has a larger move set

Mon May 04, 2009 7:48 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i prefer rhyperior but thats just me :P

and besides....aggron has a 4x weakness to fighting and Rhyperior has a 2x weakness
.....Rhyperior has a 4x advantage to fir and aggron has a 2x advantage to fire

thats my logic :D

My Soul Silver Team:
{feraligatr} {charizard} {sceptile} {ampharos} {crobat} {scizor}

Mon May 04, 2009 9:03 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I personally am more of a fan of Aggron. He's a Hoenn native, and I'm a big fan of Hoenn. Not to mention a big user of NU's. I also think that Rhyperior is kinda creepy lookin'. 0_0

As far as versatility in statistics and type, both of them have two 4x weaknesses (Aggron's got ground and fighting and Rhyperior has water and grass) which is bad for both. However, Aggron has super high defense to block both of these bad weaknesses, as most of the moves from those types are physical. Rhyperior has low special defense, even lower than Aggron, and most of the moves from his 4x weaknesses, especially water, are special. Other than these 4x weaknesses, Rhyperior has 2 more 2x weaknesses than Aggron. With stats, Aggron is at a disadvantage as far as attack goes, but his superior difference in defense is even greater than the difference between their attack stats. Aggron's also faster and has better special attack. The only thing he lacks is some HP and attack, but his total base stat is only 5 less than Rhyperior.

In my opinion, I'd recommend Aggron.

Mon May 04, 2009 12:21 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

empoleon99 wrote:
i prefer rhyperior but thats just me :P

and besides....aggron has a 4x weakness to fighting and Rhyperior has a 2x weakness
.....Rhyperior has a 4x advantage to fir and aggron has a 2x advantage to fire

thats my logic :D

That's good logic. I'd go with Rhyperior, but Aggron is sentimental since I've raised mine from lv 10 on Emerald and she's always been by partner on there. I also don't like a lot of the new evolutions, since Rhyperior is a new evolve of a 1st-g pokemon. For competitive play I like Rhyperior, but for casual or in-game I'd go with Aggron. (I know it's not as good; mine got pwned OHKO on PBR the other day)

Image (by Ender)

Mon May 04, 2009 4:33 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I totally like Aggron, probably my favorite from the R/S series, but I think Rhyperior is the better pokemon. It doesn't have that crap combination of types. That's probably my main reason. I do think Aggron is cooler looking. But Rhyperior is the stronger of the two.

Tue May 05, 2009 10:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]