It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:16 pm



Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next
 Gen IV Rating Center 
Author Message
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:02 am
Posts: 1507
Location: Michigan
Slim Shady wrote:
Okay, this came straight from Shoddy's Export to Text function, so it might not be standard format, but yeah.

Now mence is gone, I made an effort to build a team around a pokemon that benefits in OU without mence: {sceptile}!

Dawn Island {aerodactyl} (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Aerodactyl's a classic lead. Reliably sets up SR, taunts slower leads, screws up baton pass teams and hits decently before going down. Shouldn't have to explain this one much further.


Standard, not much to comment

---
Slim Shady wrote:

Under Waves {vaporeon} (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/68 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Surf
- Toxic

Vaporeon provides perfect wish and toxic support. It is also a useful bulk water that stops kingdra, which my team is otherwise weak to. The EVs, moves etc. came straight from Smogon.


Standard again, personally I'm a fan of muddy water on Vaporeon due to the 30% acc drop. Either is fine however. Roar over toxic is also an option to remove CM suicune, phaze stat tanks, and rack SR damage.

---
Slim Shady wrote:

Vulture {machamp} (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Dynamicpunch
- Payback
- Stone Edge

This is the standard substitute machamp. Dynamicpunch comboes well with no guard, and stone edge provides good coverage with full accuracy. Payback is to beat those rotoms and azelfs. It helps to eliminate heatrans, rotoms and generally steel types that would hinder a sceptile sweep. NOTE: this used to be a rapid spinning starmie, but i found that starmie didn't do much and i rarely actually needed to spin. So I got champ instead, and it helped me get more wins.


Standard again, no problems.
---
Slim Shady wrote:

Self vs Self {scizor} (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

The typical scizor. It supports sceptile greatly, as it takes out many revenge killers that have a go at sceptile, such as gengar and weavile. bullet punch ohkos gengar. u-turn for simple scouting and kill moves against celebi, etc. superpower is for raw power, and also breaks magnezone. pursuit for unfortunate, locked rotoms.


arg, can't say much here either..
---
Slim Shady wrote:

Dusk Island {jirachi} @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

Here i have officially the most annoying pokemon in OU. scarfrachi's a typical helpful pokemon. u-turn is good for scouting. fire punch and ice punch are for coverage. iron head is there in case i desperately need to kill a pokemon but can't, so instead i play it cheap and give them a few flinches. It also works well with machamp's dynamicpunch, as it gives pokemon even less of a chance of attacking. It supports sceptile by cheaply taking out anything that isn't already covered by the previous few pokemon.


Trick can be used over I-punch to kill a wall/tank. Otherwise fine.

---
Slim Shady wrote:

Encoder {sceptile} (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 28 HP/228 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Just as Encoder is the last song of Pendulum's new album, Sceptile is the last pokemon on my team. This is a sweeping life orb set made just for OU. Leafstorm pretty much takes out anything that doesn't resist it (which is unfortunately quite a lot). Focus Blast covers well with leafstorm and can beat non-scarfed heatran. Dragon Pulse is there for coverage, and can also take out kingdra and flygon easily. hidden power fire is a decent kill move for most steels. But by the time i switch in sceptile, hopefully most things that resist leafstorm will have been eliminated, so i can sweep easily. when i know nothing can survive leafstorm or outspeed sceptile, i can sacrifice my other pokemon, then switch back to sceptile to keep up leafstorm's power.


Since your using LO you may as well go mixed with a Naive nature and those hp EVs into attack , Low kick/Focus punch over focus blast helps take out blissey/heatran switch-ins quickly and more accurately. Dragon pulse can be subbed for Leaf blade to still have some power after leaf storm, but if kingdra is bothersome then DP is fine.
Slim Shady wrote:

---

Well, that's it. I've done decently well with it, and I think i've won more than i've lost. I haven't managed to find what makes me lose, but generally i think the problem is that i have just one pokemon to check many threats.


Overall the team looks good, you do lack a phazer which could be an issue, also many of the sets are straight-up standard sets, which is good to a point,(that's why the're the standard) but they are predicted easier.

Munchlax : ) I'll do yours later g2g

_________________
Image


Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:58 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:19 am
Posts: 252
Location: You remember the twin towers?
thanks

_________________
pm me for a battle my fc is 4297 5662 5505
Image


Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:23 am
Posts: 67
I came back after I long absence, and found I am still listed as a team rater. So, I shall help out here when I can.


MUNCHLAX :) wrote:
hey i have thought up a new team and i am wondering what you think of it

{donphan} @ leftovers [spinner]
adament 252 atk 204 def 52 hp

rapid spin
stealth rock
erthquake
ice shard

a typical rapid spinner donphan with stealth rock as a lead to set up and earthquake is a powerful STAB move and needs no explaining while ice shard is a priority move with a rare ice typing

A pretty standard set. Few comments here, other than are you following tiers? If so, Donphan could be replaced as a lead by Heatran (see Heatran's entry for more details), and your Spinner could be another Pokémon altogether.

{dragonite} @ leftovers [special wall]
impish or careful 252 hp 132 def 124 sp def

swords dance
thunder wave
dragon claw
roost

this is my own version of a special defence wall dragonite while the strategy is to t-wave the opponent and swords dance three times while roosting up when i have to then dragon claw and knock things out.

Whilst the idea sounds simple, there is a reason few people try to use Sword Dance Dragonite. The main issue is, even with Paralysis on the other Pokémon, Dragonite lacks that bit of speed needed to really be effective. What is your plan against Pokémon which are immune to Thunder Wave, as they shut this set down, especially if they are faster, and can hit harder (Flygon comes to mind). Perhaps use a more standard Sword Dancing Lucario, or even a Dragon Dance Tyranitar in its place. I would suggest Tyranitar, as it also gives you access to Pursuit, which can help revenge other kills, and is an all round good Pokémon.

{heatran} @ leftovers [special attacker]
modest 248 hp 56 sp atk 204 spd

rest
sleeptalk
earth power
lava plume

a crotran set with two pure attacking moves nuff said here.

A great idea in this set, as Rest+Sleep Talk allow Heatran to fully use his great typing, staying in the battle and hitting the opponent for good damage. An issue I have with this is that Suicune does the job much better, in terms of Rest + Sleep Talk, and Heatran can work better in other ways. As I suggested for your lead, why not use Heatran as your source of Stealth Rocks, as it has a good match-up with today's most common leads, and has access to Taunt as well. This then frees up Donphan's slot for another Spinner, such as Forretress or Tentacruel, or you could forgo a Spinner altogether and back in some extra firepower.

{breloom} @ toxic orb [poison heal] [pysical attacker]
adament 252 atk 252 spe 4 def

spore
focus punch
leech seed
substitute

my breloom is a pure attacker which spores the opponent then subs up before setting up leech seed and smashing the opponets around with focus punch and i can leech seed stall if i come out against a ghost type.

Pretty standard, nothing to say here really.

{raikou} @ focus sash special sweeper
rash 252 sp atk 252 spe 4 hp

aura sphere
thunderbolt
calmind
shadow ball

i got a crown beast raikou with 31 hp, sp atk, sp def and speed and i feel that this could workwith an assured 1 calm mind i can have a powerhouse very quickly.

Ah Raikou, a beast in the old UU tier, but never really broke into OU. The set itself is pretty standard, so no comment on it. The only question I raise is have you considered other Special Attacking threats, such as Gengar, Starmie (hey look, another Rapid Spin user) and Calm Mind attacking Jirachi and Suicune. All work well, and could do wonders on this team.

{dusknoir} @ leftovers
relaxed or impish 252 hp 28 atk 228 def

will o wisp
pain split
ice punch
shadow sneak

a typical tank dusknoir with my own attacking moves choice i feel that it can counter gengar and flygon effectively.

Whilst I have no issues with this set, or the choice of Pokémon, I think that a few tweaks could make a huge difference. The nature depends one what you see as a bigger threat to your team, but if you run Tyranitar, Gengar is taken care of, so you only need to focus on Flygon. My only suggestion is to try both Cressila and Porygon-2 in this slot, both can do the same job, but have their own benefits.



Closing comments: The team looks solid overall, but if you make a few of the changes I suggested, it could be even better. If you find you are having trouble with Flygon, and you run Jirachi, try a mixed set that includes Ice Punch, but try to avoid Earthquakes. If you are looking for more sweeping power in this team, I can see Lucario fitting in well, as it is immune to Sandstorm, and can hit hard.


thanks a lot to masterchef conman2k8 for when he rates this


Anytime.

_________________
Friend Code:4553 8643 1605
Name:Connor
Feel free to add, I'm (almost) always up for a trade.
Image Image
And Umberia from Afonso. Click my sig if you want one like it


Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:19 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:19 am
Posts: 252
Location: You remember the twin towers?
thanks dude for that but the reasons i had a few things was i like donphan raikou and i needed dusknoir because i have been scr*w*d over by normal moves beffore and i found that donphan will be a threat and i totally forgot about flygon so maybe i'll change donphan for a suicune and i like the unique sets of dragonite and heatran and thanks again for the comments

_________________
pm me for a battle my fc is 4297 5662 5505
Image


Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:07 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:36 pm
Posts: 186
Location: The Golden Skuntank
I recently decided to create an nu team for ou usage. It turned out pretty good but there are still a few kinks to work out. Here goes nothing!

{electrode} @ Light Clay
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 Atk/176 Spd/82 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Light Screen
- Thunderbolt

Electrode is my unorthodox but effective suicide lead. With the given evs he can outspeed anything in ou bar ninjask, then proceed to taunt, set up a screen, possibly (but not likely) fire off a thunderbolt or two and explode :)

{charizard} @ Salac Berry
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Fire Punch
- Outrage

Standard bellyzard, but with outrage. My physical sweeper

{manectric}@ Choice Specs
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Switcheroo
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Manectric is a personal favorite, and a pretty powerful sweeper. Switcheroo is on there to cripple walls, ect.

{sandslash}@ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Super Fang

Sandslash is usually an inferior donphan, but he can do something that donphan can't do, super fang. He's a very good utility too. He can destroy and create stealth rocks, which charizard and manectric will both appreciate. The other two moves are just for stab and damage.

{gastrodon} @ Leftovers
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP/8 SAtk/248 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Recover
- Stockpile
- Surf
- Ice Beam

A very effective special and mixed wall, even in ou. I've actually even swept a few teams with this guy (noobs). But the idea as pretty simple, and effective.


{meganium}@ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Synthesis
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
---
A physial wall with swords dance is pretty odd, but with screen support from electrode, meganium can set up and dish out some pretty nice damage.

_________________
FRIEND CODES
Name: Kenny
Black: 3396-3216-0388
Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.


Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:45 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:19 am
Posts: 252
Location: You remember the twin towers?
ok a friend and i were attempting to make a stall team and here it is

{hippowdon} @ leftovers
relaxed 252 hp 216 def 40 atk

stealth rock
crunch
earthquake
slack off

a bulky physical wall that sets up SR early and gets the sandstorm going and it can cause real problems for opponents to try and break down especially with slack off and is often substituted and saved for late game

{shuckle} @ leftovers
relaxed 192 hp 252 def 64 sp def

protect
toxic
rest
encore

because this is a stall team with only one sweeper we went with protect over knock off which really is better otherwise this is a standerd shuckle set

{bibarel} @ leftovers
impish 100 hp 252 sp def 156 def

taunt
super fang
yawn
waterfall

my friend concoction that is ultimatly a wall breaker and is pretty darn effective with yawn forcing switch outs and super fang cutting opponents in half it is a seirious threat and taunt just stops things like milotic and celebi from setting up and is a frikin beast

forretress @ leftovers
relaxed 244 def 136 hp 128 sp def

explosion
rapid spin
spikes
toxic

a defensive forretress with toxic sets up spikes and explodes

flygon @ leftovers
adamant 252 atk 252 speed 4 hp

earthquake
dragon claw
roost
sandstorm

a very attack minded flygon that strikes hard and carries roost to heal itself when it has to and sandstorm there to re set it up in case they get rid of it

gliscor @ brightpowder
adament 252 def 88 atk 100 sp def 68 hp

earthquake
protect
roost
toxic

the ultimate stall thang is gliscor as it is win it sets up toxic then protect then eq then protect and roost when "a have too" while toxic takes 'em down hoping for a miss with brightpowder and sand veil coming into play

_________________
pm me for a battle my fc is 4297 5662 5505
Image


Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:04 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:45 pm
Posts: 829
Location: In a Secret Hideout
I belive your only allowed one rating per month Munchlax :) that would be your third in August


Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:01 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:19 am
Posts: 252
Location: You remember the twin towers?
ooops i didn't know of that rule simply ignore it so

_________________
pm me for a battle my fc is 4297 5662 5505
Image


Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:02 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:02 am
Posts: 1507
Location: Michigan
Blastiose_ex wrote:
I recently decided to create an nu team for ou usage. It turned out pretty good but there are still a few kinks to work out. Here goes nothing!

{electrode} @ Light Clay
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 Atk/176 Spd/82 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Light Screen
- Thunderbolt

Electrode is my unorthodox but effective suicide lead. With the given evs he can outspeed anything in ou bar ninjask, then proceed to taunt, set up a screen, possibly (but not likely) fire off a thunderbolt or two and explode :)


Moves are fine, Focus sash would be the better item as aerodactyl may EQ out of fear of taunt and it helps ensure explosion to be used. Static also would be superior to soundproof as it will ruin fake out users and most jirachis.

Blastiose_ex wrote:
{charizard} @ Salac Berry
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Fire Punch
- Outrage

Standard bellyzard, but with outrage. My physical sweeper


Even with proper support bellyzard is high risk, but being a NU team it works, Rock slide over outrage for Heatran, flinch rate, and it's confusion will likely leave you dead. CBSlaking, Agility Hitmonchan and quick feet Usaring are other options for a heavy hitting NU attacker that may be less risk than bellyzard in OU.

Blastiose_ex wrote:
{manectric}@ Choice Specs
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Switcheroo
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Manectric is a personal favorite, and a pretty powerful sweeper. Switcheroo is on there to cripple walls, ect.


Looks good.

Blastiose_ex wrote:

{sandslash}@ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Super Fang

Sandslash is usually an inferior donphan, but he can do something that donphan can't do, super fang. He's a very good utility too. He can destroy and create stealth rocks, which charizard and manectric will both appreciate. The other two moves are just for stab and damage.


Super fang is a bit overated, it can dent walls well but most can recover the damage as the fang becomes weaker, if you can 3hko with another attack it's usually a better option. Night slash is good for hurting ghosts that will spin block, or knock off is good to remove items and revel your opponents set.

Blastiose_ex wrote:
{gastrodon} @ Leftovers
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP/8 SAtk/248 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Recover
- Stockpile
- Surf
- Ice Beam

A very effective special and mixed wall, even in ou. I've actually even swept a few teams with this guy (noobs). But the idea as pretty simple, and effective.


Looks good on it's own, but you may want a heal bell/aroma user to keep toxic away from him.


Blastiose_ex wrote:
{meganium}@ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Synthesis
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
---
A physial wall with swords dance is pretty odd, but with screen support from electrode, meganium can set up and dish out some pretty nice damage.


Since you have some good attackers already you can change him to a support role to keep the team healthy.

-Seed bomb
-Leech seed (synthesis is ok, but OU sandstorms make it risky)
-Aromatherapy
-Counter/Sub/EQ

Vileplume can also do this with with the benefit of absorbing toxic spikes, but it's ability is useless and it's s.atk is unneeded as your team has enough s.atkers.

Overall the team is good considering it's all nu.


/vXv\ wrote:
I belive your only allowed one rating per month Munchlax that would be your third in August


No backseat moderating the thread please.

_________________
Image


Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:00 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:36 pm
Posts: 186
Location: The Golden Skuntank
Thanks for the feedback chef :D

_________________
FRIEND CODES
Name: Kenny
Black: 3396-3216-0388
Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.


Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:23 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 7:18 pm
Posts: 46
Ok, I'm pretty sure its been a month, so I'm ready for someone to grind up one of my battle tower teams.

Image @Life Orb
Timid - 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef
Levitate
-Destiny Bond
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt

This is my special sweeper. The set takes advantage of the fact that the Battle Tower AI will not switch out when threatened with Destiny Bond. If I use Destiny Bond the Life Orb recoil does not pose a huge problem. I despise my luck with Focus Blast because of its poor accuracy, but it gives me the type coverage I need, so oh well.

Image @Leftovers
Bold - 240 HP / 200 Def / 68 Spe
Water Absorb
-Wish
-Protect
-Surf
-Toxic

A standard Wish support Vaporeon. It's main purpose is to heal up Ursaring who loses health from toxic each turn. It also turns out to be a decent Toxic staller. I tried to put the EV's where they are to give Vaporeon some bulk to last longer. So far I have run into no problems with this set, other then the fact it makes it a little harder to take down dragons choosing Toxic over Ice Beam. I was wondering, could a Curse Umbreon do this job better? I'd lose some type coverage if I went with Umbreon, but it'd be stronger.

Image @Toxic Orb
Jolly - 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Quick Feet
-Facade
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

This is an attempt to give Ursaring enough speed to sweep out teams. When it works, he turns into a nearly unstoppable beast. the problem is the health loss. The Toxic Orb takes huge chunks from his health by the fourth turn. I use Vaporeon to stand Wish support, and is incredibly helpful. After a Swords Dance, Facade is an epic move. Earthquake and Fire Punch are there for good coverage. I don't see why people don't use this guy more often.

This team does well in the Battle Tower. Whatever Gengar doesn't kill Usraring obliterates, and when he is threatened I send in Vaporeon for support. Please Rate My Team.




P.S. I also have one inquiry, how well do Trick Room teams do in the Battle Tower? (Specifically one that consists of Slowking, Umbreon and Rhyperior)

_________________
Image
All you need to know about me is in this link
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Red_vs_Blue


Last edited by ScaleyJones on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 9 times in total.



Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:23 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:24 am
Posts: 77
Location: the other side of darkrai's dark void
ok i decided to start getting into competitive battling so heres the team
first i thought of a lead i was thinking of either a sweeper or a stealthrock/ spike user and thought of either scyther as a sweeper or cloyster for spikes
i decided to go with cloyster and have scyther later in the team

cloyster@sassy
shell armor @ metranome
252 hp/ 252 sp def / 4 def
spikes
avalanche
explosion
toxic

ok cloyster sets up spikes then toxics the enemy after that use avalanche until hp gets low then boom take the opponent with them i figure he should last a while due to his high defense and raised sp def while its hp is raised as well

next i was thinking of a pair of sweepers one physical one special so i thought of alakazam for special and either scyther or absol for physical and decided to go with scyther due to his speed

alakazam @ modest
synchronize @ wise glasses
252 sp atk 132 hp 128 def
miracle eye
psychic
focus blast
energy ball

miracle eye is for some of the harder to hit dark types focus blast and energy ball are for type coverage

scyther @ adamant
technition @ life orb
252 atk 252 speed 4 hp
night slash
x scissor
slash
aerial ace

I always thought scyther should hit as hard as possible and affect as many types as possible but due to his low defenses he will die anyway so a life orb will power him up even though he will die quickly anyway

afterwards i thought i should have someone to make the teams defense a little higher so i decided on lanturn and houndoom

lanturn @ bold
volt absorb @ leftovers
252 def 252 sp def 4 hp
water pulse
thunderbolt
ice beam
heal bell

the lanturn is kinda standard as well as having heal bell for any status im not to fond of
houndoom @ modest
flash fire @ kings rock
252 sp def 252 sp atk 4 hp
flamethrower
dark pulse
fient
nasty plot

a houndoom that is anti wall with fiesty plot to power up and fient for protectors

i then thought i neeed someone to finish the team but i thought i could use a sp defender so i picked claydol

claydol @ calm
levitate @ zoom lense
252 def 252 sp def 4 speed
explosion
cosmic power
psybeam
ancient power

a claydol for absolute defense cosmic power to raise sp and phys def then psybeam or ancient power until low then boom once again

im a little nervous about this set though this is my first team so i am learning about evs and parts of the sets this all was thought up originaly

_________________
a participant in the nuzlocke challenge
Image
help my pokefarm expand


Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:52 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:02 am
Posts: 1507
Location: Michigan
Sorry about the wait, most my free "pokemon" time the last week was put towards the tourney.


ScaleyJones wrote:
Ok, I'm pretty sure its been a month, so I'm ready for someone to grind up one of my battle tower teams.

Image @Life Orb
Timid - 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef
Levitate
-Destiny Bond
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt

This is my special sweeper. The set takes advantage of the fact that the Battle Tower AI will not switch out when threatened with Destiny Bond. If I use Destiny Bond the Life Orb recoil does not pose a huge problem. I despise my luck with Focus Blast because of its poor accuracy, but it gives me the type coverage I need, so oh well.


I see this set a lot in BT, it works. HP Ice over focus blast if you can get it to handle dragons(without metagross) or HP fire for scizor(with)

Also I remember seeing a primeape here, which I have to say I liked the swagger/Punishment combo.

ScaleyJones wrote:
Image @Leftovers
Bold - 240 HP / 200 Def / 68 Spe
Water Absorb
-Wish
-Protect
-Surf
-Toxic

A standard Wish support Vaporeon. It's main purpose is to heal up Ursaring who loses health from toxic each turn. It also turns out to be a decent Toxic staller. I tried to put the EV's where they are to give Vaporeon some bulk to last longer. So far I have run into no problems with this set, other then the fact it makes it a little harder to take down dragons choosing Toxic over Ice Beam. I was wondering, could a Curse Umbreon do this job better? I'd lose some type coverage if I went with Umbreon, but it'd be stronger.


I'd stick with Vaporeon for BT, move the speed EVs to def for bulk to stall. Muddy water is a favorite of mine and despite the 85%acc the acc drops fare well as the computer rarely switches.


ScaleyJones wrote:
Image @Toxic Orb
Jolly - 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Quick Feet
-Facade
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

This is an attempt to give Ursaring enough speed to sweep out teams. When it works, he turns into a nearly unstoppable beast. the problem is the health loss. The Toxic Orb takes huge chunks from his health by the fourth turn. I use Vaporeon to stand Wish support, and is incredibly helpful. After a Swords Dance, Facade is an epic move. Earthquake and Fire Punch are there for good coverage. I don't see why people don't use this guy more often.

This team does well in the Battle Tower. Whatever Gengar doesn't kill Usraring obliterates, and when he is threatened I send in Vaporeon for support. Please Rate My Team.


The biggest dower here is that usaring fails to get faster than Infernape and can be revenge killed. If you like it stick with it as it's good as it is. But I would recommend Agility Metagross for the steel type, vap and gengar cover it's weakness and can be a great sweeper late game.

Metagross
Adamant @ clear body
Lumberry/LO/Wide lens
112HP 252 Atk 144 Spe
-Agility
-Meteor mash
-EQ
-Ice punch//Rockslide

Easily sets up, 402 attack +LO will sweep, Meteor mash is it's best attack and the att boost makes it killer. EQ for steels and ice punch for coverage. Wide lens is also an option for a 94% acc meteor mash and 99% rock slide.




P.S. I also have one inquiry, how well do Trick Room teams do in the Battle Tower? (Specifically one that consists of Slowking, Umbreon and Rhyperior)


Not super well, but entirely possible.

_________________
Image


Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:47 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 7:18 pm
Posts: 46
MasterChef wrote:
Sorry about the wait, most my free "pokemon" time the last week was put towards the tourney.
ScaleyJones wrote:
Ok, I'm pretty sure its been a month, so I'm ready for someone to grind up one of my battle tower teams.

Image @Life Orb
Timid - 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef
Levitate
-Destiny Bond
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt

This is my special sweeper. The set takes advantage of the fact that the Battle Tower AI will not switch out when threatened with Destiny Bond. If I use Destiny Bond the Life Orb recoil does not pose a huge problem. I despise my luck with Focus Blast because of its poor accuracy, but it gives me the type coverage I need, so oh well.
I see this set a lot in BT, it works. HP Ice over focus blast if you can get it to handle dragons(without metagross) or HP fire for scizor(with)

Also I remember seeing a primeape here, which I have to say I liked the swagger/Punishment combo.


I'm not sure If I'll need HP ice if I have Ice punch on Metagross. And thank you, the combo actually worked very well, considering the computer never switched out of my evil plot, and yes, I had another team here, but couldn't wait to test it out in the tower, but didn't make it as far as I wished it would.

MasterChef wrote:
ScaleyJones wrote:
Image @Leftovers
Bold - 240 HP / 200 Def / 68 Spe
Water Absorb
-Wish
-Protect
-Surf
-Toxic

A standard Wish support Vaporeon. It's main purpose is to heal up Ursaring who loses health from toxic each turn. It also turns out to be a decent Toxic staller. I tried to put the EV's where they are to give Vaporeon some bulk to last longer. So far I have run into no problems with this set, other then the fact it makes it a little harder to take down dragons choosing Toxic over Ice Beam. I was wondering, could a Curse Umbreon do this job better? I'd lose some type coverage if I went with Umbreon, but it'd be stronger.
I'd stick with Vaporeon for BT, move the speed EVs to def for bulk to stall. Muddy water is a favorite of mine and despite the 85%acc the acc drops fare well as the computer rarely switches.

I'll test Mw over surf, see if the higher accuracy beats out the accuracy modifier.
MasterChef wrote:
ScaleyJones wrote:
Image @Toxic Orb
Jolly - 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Quick Feet
-Facade
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

This is an attempt to give Ursaring enough speed to sweep out teams. When it works, he turns into a nearly unstoppable beast. the problem is the health loss. The Toxic Orb takes huge chunks from his health by the fourth turn. I use Vaporeon to stand Wish support, and is incredibly helpful. After a Swords Dance, Facade is an epic move. Earthquake and Fire Punch are there for good coverage. I don't see why people don't use this guy more often.

This team does well in the Battle Tower. Whatever Gengar doesn't kill Usraring obliterates, and when he is threatened I send in Vaporeon for support. Please Rate My Team.
The biggest dower here is that usaring fails to get faster than Infernape and can be revenge killed. If you like it stick with it as it's good as it is. But I would recommend Agility Metagross for the steel type, vap and gengar cover it's weakness and can be a great sweeper late game.

Metagross
Adamant @ clear body
Lumberry/LO/Wide lens
112HP 252 Atk 144 Spe
-Agility
-Meteor mash
-EQ
-Ice punch//Rockslide

Easily sets up, 402 attack +LO will sweep, Meteor mash is it's best attack and the att boost makes it killer. EQ for steels and ice punch for coverage. Wide lens is also an option for a 94% acc meteor mash and 99% rock slide.

I'll get to work on that Agiligross, I'll try to substitute it in when I get the time. But, lets say an Infernape did switch in, couldn't I switch in the Gengar(if still alive) or the bulky Vaporeon?

Quote:
P.S. I also have one inquiry, how well do Trick Room teams do in the Battle Tower? (Specifically one that consists of Slowking, Umbreon and Rhyperior)


Not super well, but entirely possible.


I figured it'd actually be harder to get through the lower ranking BT teams, but I'm going to let my brother try it anyways, as an experiment


-Thank You for the rate! Greatly Appreciate it!

_________________
Image
All you need to know about me is in this link
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Red_vs_Blue


Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:49 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:02 am
Posts: 1507
Location: Michigan
ScaleyJones wrote:
But, lets say an Infernape did switch in, couldn't I switch in the Gengar(if still alive) or the bulky Vaporeon?
Gengar is fine as it's immune to fighting and can outspeed, but vaporeon would likely be coming in on fight as well and 2 CC hits will cripple if not KO.

_________________
Image


Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:49 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:59 pm
Posts: 81
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
First attempt at a comprtitve team. Please comment and try to give me some adjustments before I try it out and get eaten alive doing something dumb...
{Dragonite} @ Choice Band

_________________
Heart Gold Friend Code: 4383 9902 6814

FC changed recently. Anyone who has registered me should change it in their Pal Pad.

My trading thread: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27005


Last edited by NastyNati311 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:56 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:45 pm
Posts: 829
Location: In a Secret Hideout
MasterChef wrote:
. I also have one inquiry, how well do Trick Room teams do in the Battle Tower? (Specifically one that consists of Slowking, Umbreon and Rhyperior)
.


With the exception of the battle arcade, which has a trick room mode so some teams are geared to use it, It tends to work fine,
I ran one once and itworked perfectly till the other Hit me with 3 critical hits in a row, it was holding life orb not zoom lens


Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:31 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:38 pm
Posts: 1413
Location: Somewhere in this general area.
Ok so i made this team for the battle arcade, just to see if pokemon from the battle fontier register in your dex, which I now know is no. The team did pretty good, they almost beat the brain, if i had't gotten the hp down feild for me... Anyways there all lvl 50 and im not sure on the Ev's or IV's so ill list the stats. If someone knows how I can figure out iv's or ev's let me know and ill change the stats to ev ditrabution.

Arcanine

Naive Nature

Hp-167
Att-129
Def-101
Sp.Att-119
Sp.Def-95
Speed-125

-Fire Fang-
-Heat Wave-
-Flare Blitz-
-Reversal-

Arcanine was used to hit fast and hard. Heat wave and Fire fang where primarily used while i saved flare blitz for the last/ more stubborn pokemon. Reversal was used when arcanine's health got low.

Roserade

Naughty nature

Hp-136
Att-107
Def-77
Sp.Att-156
Sp.Def-117
Speed-114

-Toxic Spikes-
-Giga Drain-
-Synthesis-
-Petal Dance-

Used when a water or rock type was thrown in. Thinkin about swappin out synthesis with a posion type move.

Gorebyss

Gentle nature

Hp-150
Att-96
Def-113
Sp.Att-140
Sp.Def-101
Speed-66

-Baton pass-
-Hydro Pump-
-Water Pulse-
-Psychic-

Has a good sp.Att, but im not quite sure why i but it on my team. Baton pass needs to be replaced.

Well thats my team. Like I said it was made just to find out something, but in the end it did pretty good.

_________________
A glass is never empty it will always be full of air, unless its in a vacuum, THEN its empty.


Last edited by GofD on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:02 am
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 7:18 pm
Posts: 46
GofD wrote:
Anyways there all lvl 50 and im not sure on the Ev's so ill list the stats.

Not to rain on your parade but, I'm guessing this means they weren't planned out just, sorta, shoved in?

_________________
Image
All you need to know about me is in this link
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Red_vs_Blue


Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:29 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:02 am
Posts: 1507
Location: Michigan
@Gofd writing the stats do no good unless you have all their IVs at 31.

Munchlax : ) has now been approved to rate teams.

Sorry, for the lack of rates on my part recently. Work+my daughter take up more time every day :(

_________________
Image


Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:46 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:49 pm
Posts: 1196
Location: William McKinley High School. Lima, Ohio.
Whom do I report to to rate teams. I sent in the test to EP a while ago and he never responded about it.

_________________
Image
I suck at WiFi battling.


Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:31 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:02 am
Posts: 1507
Location: Michigan
It was changed to me. So hopefully you can just copy+paste it to me.

_________________
Image


Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:30 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:02 am
Posts: 1507
Location: Michigan
fullerfast wrote:
ok i decided to start getting into competitive battling so heres the team
first i thought of a lead i was thinking of either a sweeper or a stealthrock/ spike user and thought of either scyther as a sweeper or cloyster for spikes
i decided to go with cloyster and have scyther later in the team

cloyster@sassy
shell armor @ metranome
252 hp/ 252 sp def / 4 def
spikes
avalanche
explosion
toxic

ok cloyster sets up spikes then toxics the enemy after that use avalanche until hp gets low then boom take the opponent with them i figure he should last a while due to his high defense and raised sp def while its hp is raised as well


Sassy 10%boost does little on a base 45 stat, so use Adamant. Change metronome to either focus sash(Use 252hp/252atk or LO(w/ LO use 160hp/252atk/96sdef) Last move can be changed to rock blast w/skill link to maim scyther and break frail sash leads.

fullerfast wrote:
next i was thinking of a pair of sweepers one physical one special so i thought of alakazam for special and either scyther or absol for physical and decided to go with scyther due to his speed

alakazam @ modest
synchronize @ wise glasses
252 sp atk 132 hp 128 def
miracle eye
psychic
focus blast
energy ball

miracle eye is for some of the harder to hit dark types focus blast and energy ball are for type coverage


Timid nature and 232spd is the minimal amount to outspeed base 115's. Miracle eye is 99% useless so go with substitute instead to block sucker punch and have a safeguard against focus blast's acc. Shadow ball may be an option in the last slot for other psychics but energy ball is fine to take out quagsire/gastrodon/slowbro. Change wide lens to Twisted spoon,Lum berry to abuse synchronize or change sub/miracle eye to Trick and use Choice specs.

fullerfast wrote:
scyther @ adamant
technition @ life orb
252 atk 252 speed 4 hp
night slash
x scissor
slash
aerial ace

I always thought scyther should hit as hard as possible and affect as many types as possible but due to his low defenses he will die anyway so a life orb will power him up even though he will die quickly anyway


Jolly nature, Bug bite>X-scissor due to tech. Pursuit can be more useful than night slash but as a sweeper either is good. Replace Slash for Brick break or quick attack.

fullerfast wrote:
afterwards i thought i should have someone to make the teams defense a little higher so i decided on lanturn and houndoom

lanturn @ bold
volt absorb @ leftovers
252 def 252 sp def 4 hp
water pulse
thunderbolt
ice beam
heal bell


Discharge over T-bolt for the better para rate and can combo with water pulse's confusion, though your probably better with Surf or Hydro pump. Due to it's very low attack I-beam is very weak and can be subbed for Rest+chesto, stockpile, or Confuse ray.

fullerfast wrote:
houndoom @ modest
flash fire @ kings rock
252 sp def 252 sp atk 4 hp
flamethrower
dark pulse
fient
nasty plot

a houndoom that is anti wall with fiesty plot to power up and fient for protectors


Yeah, Hondoom's def is horribly low so it's much better with speed, Timid 252spd/252s.atk/4hp Replace feint with Focus sash+reversal for dealing with chansey. or endure+Salac (Modest nature may be preferred here.)

fullerfast wrote:
claydol @ calm
levitate @ zoom lense
252 def 252 sp def 4 speed
explosion
cosmic power
psybeam
ancient power

a claydol for absolute defense cosmic power to raise sp and phys def then psybeam or ancient power until low then boom once again


Change EVs to 252hp 128def/128s.def for better balanced tanking. A dual screener set may be very helpful here to bolster your teams defenses. so

Light clay
-Light screen
-Reflect
-Ice beam/Rapid spin
-Earth power/Explosion

First moves if you want a little offence, later moves remove SR from killing scyther and houndoom and allows a free switch in for one of your sweepers to get going while benefiting from the screens.

Sorry to say but your team needs a lot of work, the pokes are alright, but the nature/move choices are a bit off and you need more speed on your sweepers.

_________________
Image


Last edited by MasonTheChef on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.



Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:12 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:19 am
Posts: 252
Location: You remember the twin towers?
NastyNati311 wrote:
{Dragonite} @ Choice Band

_________________
pm me for a battle my fc is 4297 5662 5505
Image


Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:20 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 6:07 pm
Posts: 573
Location: Lilycove City, Hoenn Region
Whew! I made it to 25! (um... 26 including this!) Now I can get them rated. Yeah.
For those of you who know the Pokemon I put up when I was an idiot, forget about them. I just got PBR from GameStop (used, duh!) and I'm hoping to get a good team on it. These are my Pokemon so far, and I haven't transfered them yet. I just use anything I have in hand, so I'm not sure which one's UU, NU, OU, or borderline. Please rate my team, so I can take a tweak at it and fix the team.
{ninjask} timid @Leichi Berry
Speed Boost
252 Speed, 120Def., 120 Sp. Def., 18 HP
Substitute
Swords Dance
Double Team
Baton Pass
My Nina (That's her name!) is the lead and BP-er. Due to speed, I'm pretty sure she can go first on most other leads, if not all, and set up sub. Then get Leichi to activate. Then I SD and DT away and get the speed up from speed boost. Then, if I'm still alive, I BP to:
{infernape} adamant @Leftovers
Blaze
252 Atk., 252 Speed, 6 HP
Will O Wisp/Flare Blitz
Focus Punch
Substitute
Fire Punch/Mach Punch
If Nina can't Sub and BP, I use Sub myself. Then I use Mach Punch/Fire Punch and Focus Punch (FP first). Then I either WoW the opponent or Flare Blitz away, with LO recoery at his disposal. So yeah. He's my physical sweeper with recovery.
{porygon-z} modest @Sitrus Berry
252 Sp. Atk, 129 Sp. Def., 129 Def.
Icy Wind
Tri Attack
Recycle
Shadow Ball
If I need a special sweeper, this would be my man (uh, Pokemon). I use my attacks, then use up the sitrus berry, and use recycle to get it back. Icy Wind is for slowing down opponents, Tri Attack's for STAB, and Shadow Ball is for pesky Ghost types.
{bronzong} relaxed @Occa Berry/Laggin Tail
Levitate
252 Def., 129 Atk., 129 Sp. Def.
Gyro Ball
Trick Room/Rest
Explosion
Rain Dance/Sleep Talk
I haven't made my mind up about what I'm going to do with Bronzong. I can see both ways. Either way, I'm exploding myself for Pokemon that I'll have trouble on later. One side of my own argument is that Rain Dance/Occa Berry set is actually very useful for a levitate Bronzong, but the Trick Room set is good too. The cons with the TR set is that most of my Pokemon are fast already, so I have to make Bronzong last at least 5 turns. So yeah, I have a dilmma.
{vaporeon} calm @Mystic Water
Water Absorb
252 HP, 129 Def., 69 Sp. Def., 60 Sp. Atk
Acid Armor
Wish
Toxic
Surf
My tank. Vappy uses Acid Armor fully, then Wish for support. Toxic enemies, then Surf away. Well, that's my idea, anyway. My first Wish-Eevee, and it's Calm nature. Not a good nature for an Umbreon, so I turned it into a Vaporeon. I tested this in the Battle Tower, and it worked fantastically. Of course, I think this is because the BT trainers rarely switch Pokemon, but still, I think it's cool!
{raichu} brave @Shell Bell
Static
252 Atk., 252 Speed, 6 Sp. Atk
Fly
Grass Knot
Thunderbolt
Volt Tackle
Yeah, I traded this one from SS. My friend had already EV trained/AR'd the Raichu before I got her, so I can't do much about that. Fly to give it variety (and show off), Thunderbolt for a good STAB special Atk., Grass Knot to take down the Ground types, and Volt Tackle+Shell Bell heal finish.

So, I was wondering if you could rate my team quickly. My brother is already angry about me stealing PBR and his Raichu, so I kind of need it fast. Oh, just being curious, do you lose your Pokemon from D/P if you transfer the Pokemon to PBR?
Thanks!


Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:08 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.