It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Gen IV Rating Center 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This is a team I made for standard OU 5th gen battling (with Dream World)
{machamp} @ Lum Berry
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Def / 20 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- DynamicPunch
- Bullet Punch
- Payback
- Ice Punch
Just a standard Machamp anti-lead. Has good offensive synergy with Chomp

{abagoora} @ Liechi Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 232 Atk / 24 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
Thanks to Sturdy and Shell Smash, Abagoora makes a very powerful offensive threat. I wish he was a tad faster, but meh. Stabs+EQ give him great coverage. Considering switching to Adamant and Salac Berry.

{forretress} @ Rugged Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion
Good defensive Pokemon. Sturdy is definitely a good thing. The moveset's a bit iffy, but Rapid Spin is a must for protecting Abagoora and Ulgamoth

{garchomp} @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Fire Blast
I anticipated dragon dance sweepers being a bit more popular than they are, and Scarf Garchomp being the perfect solution, so garchomp might not be the best choice for this team. Nonetheless, Chompy is a pretty useful pokemon, outspeeding almost every offensive threat and hitting them with outrage. Earthquake is a solid, reliable move. Brick Break is not really necessary, but has pulled my butt out of the fire a few times. Fire Blast is for those annoying Nattoreis that pop up all the time and seem to give my team problems.

{urugamosu} @ Life Orb
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 124 Def / 252 SAtk / 132 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Butterfly Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
I don't see why more people don't use hp ground on this thing, it's very useful. Just a classic Butterfly Dance special sweeper. The defensive ev's might be misplaced, i don't know what i was thinking. Not many problems, except for bulky waters that can take a +1 bug buzz and spit back a Toxic. Burungeru normally walls this thing but most don't carry toxic because of Will-o-wisp

{blissey} (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 176 HP / 100 SAtk / 232 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Softboiled
The special wall that beats Burungeru any day of the week. An odd set for sure, but substitute can help her survive to launch a thunder with a 60% paralysis rate (49 factoring in accuracy) at physical pokemon before she has to switch back. Yes, I know it's weird.

It's been doing pretty good so far, but any comments and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i will rate later just a few quick things

machamp lead means politoed 100 percent accurate hynosis
just go for a 252/252 spread on ulgamoth im not sure if the defense evs are that useful as its resists scizor bullet punch

Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okay thanks. Yeah, I'm thinking about replacing the Machamp lead, not sure what to use though.

EDIT: Replaced Machamp for the following Rankurusu
{rankurusu} @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 68 HP / 80 Def / 252 SAtk / 108 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Psycho Shock
- Thunder Wave
- Focus Blast
- Pain Split

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Blastiose_ex wrote:
I don't see why more people don't use hp ground on this thing, it's very useful. Just a classic Butterfly Dance special sweeper.

Um, can someone give me a link to the list of the new 5th gen attacks?
Because I want to be able to call new moves 'classic' as well.

And can someone please rate my team,
unless that is what MUNCHLAX is going to do:
MUNCHLAX :) wrote:
i will rate later just a few quick things

Then never mind.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This is my first Uber team on pokemon lab. I have very little experience with the Uber metagame and I did the majority of my battling in the tier today trying to see how the team works together.

{gliscor} @ Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EV's: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, - Sp. Atk.)
-stealth rock
-earthquake
-taunt
-uTurn

pretty much a standard lead gliscor off of smogon. Taunt, Stealth Rock, U-Turn and save for later (if it survives). I ran into a lot of Azelf leads none of them using explosion because they set-up rocks and then get hit by gliscor's U-Turn, which OHKO'd all but 1 of them (I faced four of them). Gliscor can come back later in the game, to reset SR or just to try and scout; mainly reset stealth rocks. I'm fine with Gliscor on the team, but I would like for it to serve more purpose. Maybe as a set-up lead and possibly mid-game clean-up instead of just resetting SR.

{magnezone} @ magnet
Ability: Magnet Pull
EV's: 208 HP / 252 Sp. Atk. / 48 Sp. Def
Calm Nature (+Sp. Def., -Atk)
-thunderbolt
-HP Ice / HP fire
-substitute
-magnet rise

Don't get me wrong on this, magnezone can serve two purposes for me in Ubers. It can either be a special sweeper with HP Ice or a steel trapper with HP fire. When HP fire Magnezone comes in the first thing I do is use Magnet Rise and then set-up substitute and can either thunderbolt the crap out of anything not steel or use Hidden Power Fire to try and kill the steel. With HP ice you get a traditional BoltBeam that runs well off of magnezone excellent Sp. Atk. Magnezone isn't as useful as Starmie but I stuck with it in order to trap Jirachi, Palkia, Lucario and the occasional Skarmory. Magnet Rise has to be there or else Earthquake and Earthpower are coming at it the next turn.

{forretress} @ shed shell / leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EV's: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Sp. Def.
Careful Nature (+Sp. Def., -Sp. Atk.)
-spikes
-toxic spikes
-rapid spin
-payback

forretress comes in handy while in with a pp staller (lugia for example). Clear out entry hazards and then layer one the spikes and toxic spikes, once that's done I can either use payback to damage or switch to another poke. Lugia's absolutely hate my forretress for some reason, they leave me either wide open to set-up in their faces or watch them set-up and then switch out in fear of an explosion. I faced three Lugia's and the opponents did three different things; one switched out right away, the other set-up and tried to pp stall me, and the other set-up and switched out the second I switched from spikes to toxic spikes. All in all, Forretress loves walls and stallers and I especially love it when I can get three layers of spikes up and move into Toxic spikes before my opponent has a clue what I really am doing. I could use explosion in place of payback but it involves a complete overhaul of him and he probably wouldn't operate the same.

{lucario} @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EV's: 252 Atk / 4 Sp. Def. / 252 Spd
Adamant, Jolly
-agility
-close combat
-crunch
-stone edge

This guy serves as the late game clean up, nothing special. One turn agility set-up and he will out speed nearly everything in the Ubers tier, even with an adamant nature. Lucario's movepool other than agility is predictable but it provides great coverage against a lot of opponents and with him serving primarily for late game cleanup he really only needs to outspeed his enemies and he can pretty much KO them with one hit.

{rayquaza} @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EV's: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Sp. Def. / 216 Spd
Jolly Nature (+ Spd, - Sp. Atk)
-dragon dance
-earthquake
-outrage
-overheat

The 8 EV's in Sp. Def. are for buffer in case of an ice move, but most of the moves just KO since Rayquaza doesn't have the best of defenses. Rayquaza after one Dragon Dance can sweep hardcore, possibly eliminating half of the opponent's team (2 full sweeps after switching in from gliscor's U-Turn). EQ, Outrage and Overheat are to cover rayquaza's weaknesses and they also provide excellent coverage. The only poke that can resist outrage and overheat is Heatran, and a guaranteed (after a Dragon Dance) first strike EQ will definitely OHKO. Unless I came up against another Rayquaza (already set-up) almost nothing is prepared for the all out hell that this thing can cause. Of course rayquaza is even more deadly when his dance partner is with him in the party...

{salamence} @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EV's: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly (+Spd, -Sp. Atk.)
-dragon dance
-earthquake
-flamethrower
-outrage

It's just unfair! having two of the most powerful dragons on the same team should be illegal. Salamence 99% of the time packs an almost carbon copy of rayquaza's movepool and can pretty much be said that it is rayquaza's little brother. I throw Salamence in immediately after rayquaza faints in order to keep the pressure on the opponent. Salamence is just as capable of sweeping the opponent as Rayquaza, but in the Uber battles that I took place in mence fainted after Life Orb triggered in three battles. I noticed that salamence and rayquaza aren't normally paired together, even though smogon recommends using salamence with rayquaza. It's also funny that I had more Salamence encounters than Rayquaza in my battles, I guess the extra 5 BP in speed is beneficial to some. I primarily use mence after rayquaza due to the fact that one opponent figured out the pair after I threw mence in and it did cost me five turns to make up for it.

---In 7 battles I had two 6-0 sweeps and three 5-1 sweeps. I only have one loss thanks to Rayquaza and mence fainting from Life Orb damage and the opponent having TWO lugia's. I faced him again in the same situation and he only had one lugia that time and I still had some trouble with rayquaza and mence out. It doesn't help when the only two pokes left are lucario and forretress. I used forretress for the anti-pp stall and then used lucario to go for the kill. I'm sure there's a few improvements that could be made to the team and I will gladly appreciate them. Thanks for letting me ramble.

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:33 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sorry to all those who have waited. I will get to everything in one post later in the week. Possibly Friday, probably Sunday. I will go through all those that have not been rated and rate them if they match all the guidelines. If they don't meet all the guidelines then they won't be rated at all, so if your team hasn't been rated go to the first page and see the requirements to have a team rated and EDIT them into your post so they can be rated. Thank you for your continued patience and I am sorry for the delay, college life keeps you busy.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Blastiose_ex wrote:
[{deoxys-s} @ Focus sash
Trait: Pressure
Evs: 144 DEF 252 SPEED 112 Atk/Sp atk
Jolly/Timid
-Spikes/Extremespeed
- Stealth Rock
-Shadow Ball
-Taunt

Standard lead deoxys-s, in fifth gen i have noticed most people don't have entry hazards so i have given you a lead that can do that.You can have any choice of lead i just chose this instead of machamp because of 100 percent opposing hypnosis from politoed sucks and entry hazzards so abagoora and ulgamoth have better chance of smashing stuff up.

{abagoora} @ Liechi berry
EVs:252 ATK/ 4 HP/ 252 Speed
adamant Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Shell Smash
- Aqua jet
- Stone Edge
- Flail
Go look up Rayquaza's priority using capabilitys, its a monster, after 2 shell smash's abagoora's attack is extremely high also. After the liechi and 1 shell smash abagoora has 865 attack.Abagoora also gets Aua jet as a priority move which is really sweet, most people also don't see abagoora gets flail with sturdy and shell smash and liechi flail is a monster with [i think] 250 base power.it also has 326 speed which is nice but higher would be better, jolly is wasted on abagoora.

Nattorei @ Leftovers
Trait iron barbs
EVs 252 HP /228 DEF/ 28 SP DEF
Relaxed/impish
-Gyro Ball/Power Whip
-Spikes/Stealth Rock/Protect
-Leech Seed
-Thunder Wave

Its nattorei, relaxed or impish for if you want gyro ball or power whip, personally i feel power whip is better as you can beat burengeru. If you Don't want to use deoxys-s then i would suggest spikes, or stealth rock on this guy. Leech seed and thunderwave are good together but remember gyro ball and thunder wave is stupid.

{garchomp} @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 SP ATK / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Scarf Chomp is Scarf Chomp. A few edits most of my own accord as i think stone edge has more coverage then brick break and you shouldn't have a negative sp atk nature on chomp with sp atk moves.

{urugamosu} @ Life Orb
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SPEED 252 SP ATK 4 SP DEF
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Butterfly Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
Other then the EVS , fine, standard.

Burengeru @ Leftovers
Trait water absorb
EVS 236 HP 100 DEF 172 SP DEF
Calm
-Boiling Water
-Recover
-Hidden Power Electric
-Toxic

Pretty standard set. You use this guy as having both Ulgamoth AND Natoorei you need burungeru.Deense evs or bold nature are needed on burungeru, 100 alwaysed worked for me

It's been doing pretty good so far, but any comments and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Enjoy

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:02 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okay thanks for the tips

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:13 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

MUNCHLAX :) wrote:
Blastiose_ex wrote:

{abagoora} @ Liechi berry
EVs:252 ATK/ 4 HP/ 252 Speed
adamant Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Shell Smash
- Aqua jet
- Stone Edge
- Flail
Go look up Rayquaza's priority using capabilitys, its a monster, after 2 shell smash's abagoora's attack is extremely high also. After the liechi and 1 shell smash abagoora has 865 attack. Abagoora also gets Aqua jet as a priority move which is really sweet, most people also don't see abagoora gets flail with sturdy and shell smash and liechi flail is a monster with [i think] 250 base power.it also has 326 speed which is nice but higher would be better, jolly is wasted on abagoora.

*ragequit's r us*

current party in HG:
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ITS CALLED CHEATING DEAL WITH IT!!!!!

also i will rate your team tomorrow when i have time for research and stuff

Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Um, can someone please rate my team?

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:00 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

shinashu taji wrote:
Sorry to all those who have waited. I will get to everything in one post later in the week. Possibly Friday, probably Sunday. I will go through all those that have not been rated and rate them if they match all the guidelines. If they don't meet all the guidelines then they won't be rated at all, so if your team hasn't been rated go to the first page and see the requirements to have a team rated and EDIT them into your post so they can be rated. Thank you for your continued patience and I am sorry for the delay, college life keeps you busy.

hammythepig wrote:
Um, can someone please rate my team?

It will get done on Sunday. I have been busy with school work and other things today, and I'm only taking a break to watch a rerun of The Simpsons.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:10 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I am perfectly fine with waiting, take your time. I've been modifying my monotype teams and creating some new ones too, those will be later...

current party in HG:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ok, take your time. I just wanted to know when if it would be done, i dont care about when.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ok just an FYI, my teams on the last page at the bottom, I had a few times where my team was overlooked because it was the lats post on the last page... (that doesnt sound like im complaing does it, cause im not complaing.)

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:38 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

B-Mac wrote:
This is my first Uber team on pokemon lab. I have very little experience with the Uber metagame and I did the majority of my battling in the tier today trying to see how the team works together.

Mew @ Lum Berry
Adamant 252 HP 184 ATK 36 DEF 36 SP DEF
U-turn
Explosion
Stealth Rock
Taunt

GLISCOR is possibly one of the worst leads you could possibly use in ubers besides maybe plusle....[no offence] but in a tier populated by special attackers and water attackers.I've given you this mew although groundon and shedinja would work well for what you have here. Againt other leads: Shedinja lay up rocks GTFO.
Deoxys anything just u-turn it will most likely taunt and they will hopefully just get up rocks or nothing at all.Lum berry is for lead darkrai as you can live a dark pulse easy.

{magnezone} @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EV's: 208 HP / 252 Sp. Atk. / 48 Sp. Def
Sassy Nature (+Sp. Def., -Atk)
-thunderbolt
-HP fire
-Explosion
-substitute

Now remember in Ubers steels are very common as walls the only wall that doesn't fly, rest/talk or steel is deoxys.So you generally want a trapper and magnezone does it well as it resists dragon and is a great counter to specs dialga come in on a -2 draco and trap him and smack him with HP Fire, explosion > Magnet rise as ground moves are only on groudon, shaymin-s and sometimes palkia.

{forretress} @ leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EV's: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Sp. Def.
Careful Nature (+Sp. Def., -Sp. Atk.)
-spikes
-Gyro Ball
-Sleep Talk
-Rest

You have no shedinja on your team so you don't need rapid spin an as i have said before deoxys is the only wall that toxic spikes affect and everything else in ubers is kinda frail [in an uber way] So i gave gyro Ball and rest/talk for longevity nd make sure you have sassy and 0 speed as many things in uber are Ultra fast so gyro ball is a 2HKO On most things./color]

[color=#FF4000]Palkia @ Choice scarf
Modest 252 SP ATK 4 DEF 252 SPEED
Spaciel Rend
Hydro Pump
Thunder
Hidden power Fire

You had no special attackers on your team so i fixed it with this dude pretty standard except HP Fire for shedinja and steels.

{rayquaza} @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EV's: 32 HP/ 212 ATK / 12 SP atk / 252 SP EED
Hasty Nature (+ Spd, - Sp. Atk)
-dragon dance
-Stone Edge
-outrage
-overheat

On rayquaa you always use max speed incase of an opposing scarfers and when using sp atk moves never lower the stat its stupid. Stone edge because it hits lugia super effectively and earthquake does almost nothing in ubers.

{salamence} @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EV's: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly (+Spd, -Sp. Atk.)
-dragon dance
-earthquake
-flamethrower
-outrage

standard just agin use hasty or naive and 4 sp atk evs and agian stone edge not earthquake.

Good team overall but lacks a physical wall to deal with rayquaza which is where giratina might work or lugia but your choice if you don't want a physical wall.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:25 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I pretty much knew it Gliscor would be trashed. Thanks for the rating and I'll try and test out your recommended changes when I can get internet connection, I'm on my droid right now...

current party in HG:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:21 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Why don't you also try out this set which works great as a revenger and wall

{metagross} @ Chesto Berry
Careful 244 HP 104 ATK 160 SP DEF
Rest
Meteor Mash
Stealth Rock
Bullet Punch

{Metgross} @ Leftovers
Adamant 204 HP 200 ATK 104 SP DEF
Bullet Punch
Pursuit
Explosion
Ice Punch

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:10 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'll try the first metagross set, I never had pursuit in my moveslot for any poke because of how crappy I am at predicting switches (moves on the other hand, I can usually see what's gonna come at me). Chestoresto seems rather odd on a metagross, but I have had loads of success with it on kingdra in OU, (I know it's completely different, but movepool strategies oddly work the same for me in all tiers no matter what the poke). Thanks for the suggestion, Lax.

current party in HG:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

well pursuit is for more then anything trapping MEW when its trying to baton pass

Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:09 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I know that I'm not certified to rate teams, but I thought I would just throw out a word of advice to B- Mac. It seems like your Rayquaza and Salamence are move wise, and type wise the exact same pokemon. Lets say you get into a situation where you have both of them left, and your opponent has a scarfed Kyogre. Your boned. That's why diversity is usually the key in wifi battling. I'm not huge into Ubers, but I'm sure that diversity is still big in that particular metagame as well. Just my thoughts, take it or leave it.

FC changed recently. Anyone who has registered me should change it in their Pal Pad.

My trading thread: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27005

Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:39 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

almost done shinashu taji?
Take your time, its just been a couple days.

I'm still patient.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Scarf kyogre Or indeed Scarf ANYTHING has to be gone for the rayquaza- mence partnership to work.Timid scarf palkia is an optio also but thats why i made your team explode so much, to kill scarfers that think they're better then you.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:07 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thanks Nati for the advice. Somehow, I haven't had much problem with scarfers. my opponents try to throw a scarfer out as their 3rd or 4th poke while I still have 3 or 4 left too, and in all cases I eliminated the scarfer before rayquaza and mence go out. I could replace mence with anything in the tier except for ninjask, which like Munchlax said was a speed boost+swords dance and GTFO. Ninjask is also crippled because the opponent could always just attack the first turn and set-up after ninjask faints. I'm always open for suggestions and my next RMT will be a series of monos.

current party in HG:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Darkrai lv 100
282 HP
232 Attack
174 Defence
368 Special Attack
199 Special Defence
283 Speed

Ominous Wind
Dream Eater
Dark Void
Dark pulse

Blaziken lv 100
330 HP
277 Attack
162 Defence
289 Special Attack
155 Special Defence
201 Speed

Blast Burn
Brave Bird
Sky Uppercut
Blaze Kick

Gengar lv 100
266 HP
158 Attack
162 Defence
327 Special Attack
166 Special Defence
277 Speed

Dark Pulse
Psycic
Shadow ball
Dream Eater

Salamence lv 100
366 HP
353 Attack
183 Defence
243 Special Attack
168 Special Defence
209 Speed

Dragon Claw
Crunch
Zen headbutt
Fly

Flygon lv 100
343 HP
291 Attack
187 Defence
178 Special Attack
210 Special Defence
195 Speed

Dragon Claw
Crunch
Hyper beam
Fly

Vaporeon lv 100
452 HP
147 Attack
154 Defence
350 Special Attack
224 Special Defence
123 Speed

that ish my best of my best teams XP

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next