It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Your first victory against the E4 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Remember the first time you confronted the Elite Four? Time to rehash your old victories and, admittedly, help me make up my mind in the process.

I currently have an Empoleon, Luxray, Machoke, Kadabra, Roserade, Rapidash and Staravia at level 52. They're pretty strong, I've ko-ed nearly all the trainers I've met on Victory Road in one hit.

Now I'm debating what to do next: Select 6 and go up againt the Elite Four, counting on typeadvantages to make up the difference in levels (e.g. use Roserade against Bertha)? Or train some more?

What level were your Pokemon when you first confronted the E4? What Pokemon did you have with you?

Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:42 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

While, when I first played the Diamond. I trained only 3 Pokemon to defeat the E4. I had a Lvl 70 Garchomp, Lvl 65 Gyarados and a lvl 64 Infernape. But that was more than enough already. :)

Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:58 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Wow, my team is nowhere near that level. Do you think it's doable with 6 pokemon level 52 or should I train some more?

Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:09 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I get it with level 52 Infernape, Lucario, Roserade, Kadabra, Mismagius and Luxray. I also used about 40 revives. Remember to take some X items too. They help.

If you have any problems with breeding, Egg moves, IV:s or EV:s, you can ask me. Feel free to ask other things related to competive battling.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

First time I baet the big 4 on Diamond I had a Luxray, Rapidash, Floatzel, Torterra, Staraptor all on 54 and a Bibarel on 45 who was just a TM slave that I switched out to revive or heal my other pokemon, I wasn't beat but the champion batlle was fairly close I didn't stock enough potions.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:13 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My levels were around 52 as well, but I used Rapidash, Quagsire, Mothim, Crobat and Blissey for my first time (Staraptor still at 36). I found that I didn't need too many items as I could generally get past each member with a single Pokemon. Just watch out for Lucian's Bronzong and Cynthia's Milotic - they gave me the most trouble. And don't try surf on Clint's Lopunny :s

Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:50 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I loved my first debut against the Elite Four! It was so fun trashing them! I was scared at first (especially when I saw their levels), because back in the day (G/S/C), I would have to play the Elite 4 like 10 times before I would beat them (my team was terrible; only 2 good pokemon).

Anyway, I'm checking my Hall of Fame right now...and here's my team: Garchomp lvl 48 (50 after I finished), Gengar lvl 44, Empoleon ~45 (50 when I finished), Staraptor 47 (I'm sure I gained 1-2), Lucario 46 (gained 1-2), Torterra 40 (44 in the end).

Really, you don't even need high levels. Have good type coverage, be smart, and treat each battle as its own battle (heal after each one). Every team member was helpful, but the guys that really helped me were Garchomp (he was EV-trained, but it's not necessary), Empoleon (really good type-coverage), and Torterra (I was surprised). Gengar wasn't fast enough to be helpful though. :( I was surprised that Torterra was sweeping the second person. :shock: I used Rock Polish and then Wood Hammered everything to oblivion (give it shell bell).

You should be fine. As long as their movesets aren't total trash, then you'll beat them. Cynthia and Lucian gave me more trouble than the rest.

Edit: I like bringing level 40s-50s, because if they were a higher level, then it would be too easy.

Last edited by Volke on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I had a Torterra, Lucario, Azelf, Palkia, Rapidash, and a Gyrados but I dont remember their levels.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:19 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

shadowman777 wrote:
I had a Torterra, Lucario, Azelf, Palkia, Rapidash, and a Gyrados but I dont remember their levels.

You can check the Hall of Fame.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:26 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My First E4 challenge wasn't very hard...
If i recall correctly i toke...

{empoleon} Lv 62
{staraptor} Lv 56
{golduck} Lv 41
{lucario} Lv 56
{luxray} Lv53

And i don't remember the last one...
Maybe it was a {pachirisu} w/pick-up...

It wasn't very hard...
But remember to take LOTS of Revives,Full-Restores and Max Potions...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushin22
Watch,Comment,Rate and Enjoy! ^_^x

*Currently BUSY with real life,so i might take a while to respond messages or RMTs... Sorry,I might be back someday...*

Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:31 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Evolve Machoke, Staravia an Kadabra. This should help. Otherwise you have a great team. Could you tell us more about them ? Like their moves or somthing so we can help you more ?

Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:37 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

My "Staravia" is actually a Staraptor, I forgot that :oops:. I don't have anyone I trust enough to trade my Machoke and Kadabra with, so I can't evolve those.

I don't bother with EVs and natures, since it overcomplicates the game for me: I'd need the computer handy all the time to check what nature works well :oops:. When I bring in my Ditto from Emerald and breed I'll worry about natures.

As a personal challenge I've decided not to use TMs for my 1st time against the E4.

So their movesets are:

Empoleon
Brine (my main water attack)
Aquajet (in case the enemy has only a few HP left and I want to go first)
Buble Beam (I want to drop this in favor of Hydro Pump at level 59)
Drill Peck (in the rare case I have Empoleon out against an opponent that's resistant to water)

Rapidash
Fireblast (my main fire attack)
Flare Blitz (to use against opponents that I want to take out quickly)
Bounce (in the rare case I have Rapidash out against an opponent that's resistant to fire)
Stomp (Fireblast has only 5 pp and Flare Blitz has recoil, so this is an easy alternative)

Machoke
Foresight (in case she needs to go up against a ghost pokemon)
Cross Chop (my main fight attack)
Revenge (for opponents that I can afford a hit from)
Wake-Slap (for those pesky Rest opponents & in combination with Grass Whistle - below-)

Roserade
Toxic Spikes (to use when Roserade goes first and I can afford to set up 2 rows)
Petal Dance (Roserade uses shed to drop the confusion if I switch her out)
Giga Drain (my main grass attack)
Grass Whistle (to put strong opponents to sleep so they can't hit me)

Kadabra
Psychic (my main psychic attack)
Psycho Cut (in case I run out of Psyichic pp)
Reflect (to protect from strong moves)
Disable (to eliminate those strong moves)

Staraptor
Aerial Ace (my main fly attack)
Wing Attack (my secondary fly attack)
Quick Attack (in case the enemy has only a few HP left and I want to go first)
Brave Bird (when I need to take out the enemy quickly)

Luxray
Charge (to power-up subsequent electric attacks)
Thunder Fang (my main electric attack)
Discharge (against stronger enemies)
Crush (in the rare case I have Luxray out against an opponent that's resistant to electricity)

I've just checked the immunities and weaknesses of the E4s pokemon, and I think I'd be best of leaving Kadabra in the PC and taking the other 6 with me.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:08 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Whisper wrote:
As a personal challenge I've decided not to use TMs for my 1st time against the E4.

Okay. I was gonna tell you to give Empoleon Grass Knot and Ice Beam, but then I read that. So you won't use HMs either? I was gonna tell you to use Surf over Bubblebeam.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:21 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i would suggest to take over bublebeam and use metal claw, it can be helpful. If i remember well, it can learn via level-up, at level... 17? something like that, so you only need to get a heart scale, and remember metal claw. For empoleon too: I don't think hydro pump is a good move, it has little accuracy. Use or Surf or metal claw.
Fire blast--> flamethrower? has more accuracy... unless sunny day is activated. But i don't know... do whatever you think it would be better.

My first elite 4... Ah... good times... Shiny Graveler, at level57... the flamethrower got useful along the elite. roserade was knocked out by graveler (LOL) Haunter at level 56, to make enemies crazy: the hypnosis-nightmare-dream eater never failed. Staraptor at level 56 with close combat and take down... Torterra, lvl 53, Giga-drain, earthquake. Recover what lost and crushes the enemy. I was using big root. Floatzel, lvl 51... almost never used at the E4. just against the Rapidash. Surf and aqua jet was the attacks i used... And my steelix, caught at iron island. (I didn't even knew that i could catch steelix in the cave, found by accident ^^) at lvl 52, dragonbreath, thunder fang, iron tail and stone edge. A mortal combination for the E4. It was easy... unfortunately, i changed my team a lot... good times... good times... :lol:

I'm not going to waste a post for answering bushin, but if you're talking about whisper, and o think you are,: she has a machoke. Why she would teach close combat?

Last edited by Afonso on Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Why don't you use Close Combat on Staraptor?
It's one of the few flying pokés that can get a Fighting move...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushin22
Watch,Comment,Rate and Enjoy! ^_^x

*Currently BUSY with real life,so i might take a while to respond messages or RMTs... Sorry,I might be back someday...*

Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:15 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I beat the elite 4 with a level 65 Dialga and a level 63 Empoleon. The rest of my team was in the mid 40's and were just used to give me time to revive my 2 important pokemon.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:53 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I beat E4 with my new Palkia, Empoleon, but I didn't have Staraptor that time.
Then I've beaten E4 for 20 times

Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Here was my team when I first beat the E4
{staraptor} lv.55
{luxray} lv.54
{floatzel} lv.56
{alakazam} lv.55
{infernape} lv.56
{dialga} lv.55

Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:55 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I don't want to use HMs either, at least not in my 1st round against the E4. After that I'm definately going to boot up some TMs or HMs and use them on my group, so I'll keep all the ideas in mind :D.

Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:32 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Actually, I did some testing and found this: You only need a Lvl 48 {gyarados} or {garchomp} with leppa berries etc. to defeat the E4 and Champion...just 1 of them will do. :wink:

Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:52 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm on the Champion right now. My Pokemon consist of:

Lvl. 43 {staraptor}
Lvl. 48 {alakazam}
Lvl. 49 {garchomp}
Lvl. 50 {gengar}
Lvl. 45 {gyarados}
Lvl. 51 {infernape}

It's been fairly easy so far, so I wouldn't doubt she would be too. You don't necessarily need high levels... Just Pokemon with corresponding type moves to take every Pokemon out. Fairly straightforward.

Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:54 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

in diamond i had-

level 55 darkrai
level 56 roserade
level 56 golem
level 53 vespiquen
level 54 gengar
and a level 57 snorlax

i almost lost. poison point saved me.

Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:17 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Bronzong made my team cry.
But the rest were laugh-worthy.

Mine were;

{dialga}
{uxie} - freshly caught, just for back up really.
{torterra}
{gastrodon}
{luxray}
{staraptor}

I don't remeber their levels and I've started again, but they're around the 60's now and that's after the E4 obviously.

Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:22 am
I had all lv. 1's but the were IV'd. I was suprised at 1st but they had stats of a lvl 70

Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:45 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Completed Nov. 27, 2007

Infernape lv 56
-Flame Wheel
-Close Combat
-Shadow Claw
-Rock Climb
my powerhouse used in everysingle fight (Mistake on lucien though, died in 1 hit by pyschic XD)

Steelix lv 46
-Dragonbreath
-Iron Tail
-Double Edge
-Dark Pulse
the guy who pwned lucien by himself =)

Uxie lv 50
-Confsion
-yawn
-Future Sight
-Amnesia
Used for whenever I needed to revive someone

Azelf lv 51
-Confusion
-Uproar
-Future Sight
-Extrasensory
Used for whenever I needed to revive somebody

Dialga lv 50
-Heal Block
-Ancientpower
-Dragon Claw
-Roar of Time
Used whenever Infernape was down and to KO Garchomp

Torterra lv 53 (My Bros PKMN)
-Earthquake
-Cut
-Giga Drain
-Razor Leaf
Used whenever I was conserving PP for infernape I never bought elixers 0.0

If I can do it with this team you can do it with your team ;)

#1 Gardevoir Fan

Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next