It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 New confirmation on the Sequel to D/P: Platinum 
Lite Four
Lite Four

Everytime I hear people bitch about the name I have to roll my eyes. Why does it matter what the name is? Does it really matter THAT much? I'm getting really tired of people saying "well im going 2 japanese b/c i'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hardcore 2 get this gaem and im going 2 call it opal loLsss"

Opal sounds retarded, and that's not the name of it, so stop calling it that.

Sun May 18, 2008 10:46 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Krisp wrote:
Everytime I hear people ***** about the name I have to roll my eyes. Why does it matter what the name is? Does it really matter THAT much? I'm getting really tired of people saying "well im going 2 japanese b/c i'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hardcore 2 get this gaem and im going 2 call it opal loLsss"

Opal sounds retarded, and that's not the name of it, so stop calling it that.

I'm not brave enough to post my opinion like that.

But of course, I mostly ignored the people complaining about it. I'd rather not care then try and put them in their place.

I consider Giratina the 'opposite side' of the mystical Dialga and Palkia, being born when the world was first created. Basically the anti-existence to all the other pokemon.

Sun May 18, 2008 2:56 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Clmaster wrote:
DNA wrote:

I'm fairly positive that it's just Shaymin and Giratina getting Levitate. The article I read (Bulbapedia) didn't mention Regigigas at all.
...besides, I highly doubt Regigigas can fly.

There are three new forms from what I could tell and heard.

Giratina -----> Origin Form
Regigigas -----> Sky Form
Shaymin -----> Ice Form

It is Giratina and Regigigas gaining levitate. Not Shaymin.

=S ? That's not what I read...

Sun May 18, 2008 4:02 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i agree with krisp opal sounds retarded

platnim sounds much better. this news makes me very happy and at the same time very sad. i live in New Zealand and will probably get the game after everyone else.but it still makes me OMG

http://www.pokecharms.com/trainercards/create2.php

The best trainer card site on the net.

Sun May 18, 2008 10:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Soz guys i got nothing nintendo not spilld anythign o nd i H8ed the name opal from the start

Sun May 18, 2008 11:43 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Opal? Of all gems why Opal...I don't see Giratina having anything that resembles an Opal on its Body. Platinium would've benn a much nicer name... :?

Sun May 18, 2008 11:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Cherrygrove wrote:
I might actually go out and buy a DS for this...

That was my original plan too. But I started craving the new games so much I couldn't take it! I'll probably buy this one anyway though.

I read on that site about Shaymin being part ice... I must admit that a Shaymin that is apparently part ice kind of sucks. Who wants their Pokemon to be double weak towards ice?

Mon May 19, 2008 8:10 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yay! something to get me back into pokemon after Disgaea DS consumes my soul :P

And for the sake of arguing I'm gonna say I like Opal better. Because Platinum has a more "final game" feel and I would like a 5th gen.

Mon May 19, 2008 8:28 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Quote:
I read on that site about Shaymin being part ice... I must admit that a Shaymin that is apparently part ice kind of sucks. Who wants their Pokemon to be double weak towards ice?

Umm dont u mean fire?

Mon May 19, 2008 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

When this does come out, I think I'll play through it, then once that's done catch 300 Bidoof and trade them with Pearl to fill my 'dex.

Mon May 19, 2008 3:02 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I've gpt all legitimately, with the exception of Shaymin and Arceus. I'm going to get the new game just because. I will basically transfer everything that I ultimately care about on Diamond over to Platinum and make it my "MAIN" game, kind of what I did with the GBA games. I barely used LeafGreen, FireRed, Ruby and Sapphire. Emerald was my MAIN game to use. All my real teams for fighting with and all my event pokes were on Emerald, nothing else. So yeah, when Platinum comes out, it will be the same way.

-Ryan

Mon May 19, 2008 5:39 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Quote:
When this does come out, I think I'll play through it, then once that's done catch 300 Bidoof and trade them with Pearl to fill my 'dex.

Huh i dont get it 300 bidoof? ohhhh to trafe for the ones off pearl?

Mon May 19, 2008 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Good news more info is going 2 be revealeed in the next 2 weeks OH p.s this is also a topic where u can talk about how u want it to be, what u want/think the new plot is and anything else u like about the new platinum

Tue May 20, 2008 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Just reminding all those people who hope the title is platinum and not opal, nintendo has gotten rid of a cool name in the past for a dorky one: i.e. The Nintendo Revolution became the Nintendo Wii...

Don't get me wrong, i hope that it is platinum as well, and i will likely end up getting it, what ever it is called, since the third game in every set has been the best so far.

Tue May 20, 2008 8:45 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Hmmm...
I agree with the 12 or so people that say Platinum is a cooler name than Opal, and anyway, I've seen Pokèmon Opal used as an April Fool's Joke twice. (here and tanooki or whatever)

As Rhydon said that we could say what we hope, here is what I hope:

¤ The cries of the Pokèmon saying it's name, not just a bunch of beeps
¤ The Microphone to be used more often (such as for battles and for going to a specific Pokèmon in the 'Dex)
¤ Palkia being able to learn fly, because if you ask me, those ARE wings coming out of it's shoulders
¤ The picture I saw on Serebii, where Cyrus is watching Giratina in the Dark Void thing, and Dialga and Palkia are just sitting there like, "Oh great, now we gotta get Arceus to return Giratina to the bug looking thing..."
¤ Things more customizable, such as character's clothing/colors
¤ Make it actually look like the Pokèmon is holding the item, but ignores it in battles
¤ The ability to catch Giratina, then Dialga/Palkia
¤ And for above, a whole quest for each of them, like traveling with Giratina's Origin Form into the space rip (as seen in the last movie on Cartoon Network a few months ago)
¤ The ability to see what Pokèmon do as for their movement freely in the 'Dex
¤ A Pokèmon I made up, and sent to Nintendo called Hyquerza (all I need to get you interested is that its ability prevents damage from physical attacks, pm me if you wanna here more :D)
¤ 3D environments in more places (and maybe be able to change your point of view watching your character)

And that's about it...Yeah...

HYQUERZA OWNS YOU ALL! That is all.

No there's not a phone number.

HEY! get outta mah house e.e

No but really: PM me if you want some kind of advertising in my sig. PM also for the rules of it =]

Wed May 21, 2008 2:32 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ummm didn't we decide within the first few post that the name Opal was an april fools joke that was in no way connected to Nintendo or Game Freak (we need a nintendo emoticon here)

Platinum, on the other hand, seems to come from actual Nintendo releases/leakage.

And, for what the system was aimed at, Wii is a better name than revolution. while yes, the Wii is a revolution in gaming, it sounds much less welcoming to non-gamers than the fun, round sounding name Wii. Which, for those of you who hadn't noticed, it means "We" as in "all of us" because it was designed to be a system for EVERYONE. You name it revolution, it sounds edgy, complicated, and unwelcoming to the geriatric masses. Plus Wiimote is just so much fun to say. (Wiil is slighlty less so)

How mush do you want to bet there will be one or two more {shellos} {shellos-east} {gastrodon-west} {gastrodon-east}

I also think it would be neat to have a different starter (like yellow did) though i know this is very unlikely because yellow was anime-based and yada yada yada, still, a munhy starter would be awesome.

Wed May 21, 2008 2:35 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Grey wrote:
Ummm didn't we decide within the first few post that the name Opal was an april fools joke that was in no way connected to Nintendo or Game Freak (we need a nintendo emoticon here)

Actually, it was speculated last year that it'd be called Opal, girasol is a synonym for fire opal, Giratina, girasol, etc.

People are just whining because it makes more sense, but whatever, it's just a name.

Wed May 21, 2008 4:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

YAY AS I FIGURED more news for Platinum thanx to bulbapedia.:

Link to article

Wow i just found out aboput the sky shaymin on serebii it has its image not confirmed yet maybe a hoax. Shaymin's Sky Form??

http://www.lolstop/index2.shtml

Soz cant get image on it looks a bit tike dialgia.

Last edited by Rhapsody on Fri May 23, 2008 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Added link, removed copypaste. gardy~ also eradicated double post.

Thu May 22, 2008 1:04 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Can anyone read this site:
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/platinum/
?
Bulbapedia (thanks, rhydon, for the ref) claims it to be the official platina site. Would be interesting to know what it says.

Fri May 23, 2008 9:03 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Soz guys on a site it proved tat someone painted it for a joke (not a very nice one though ;)) soz for any inconvenience

Fri May 23, 2008 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Grey wrote:
I also think it would be neat to have a different starter (like yellow did) though i know this is very unlikely because yellow was anime-based and yada yada yada, still, a munhy starter would be awesome.

I was actually hoping, but its doubtful - even in the anime, Ash only gets Turtwig and Chimchar, Dawn gets Piplup. In addition, many players realise that the anime is a poor emulation of the games.

The storyline - if they want it to run like Emerald, where you get 3rd dragon before the elite 4, and catch the other two afterwards, they have to modify the sinnoh dex - Giratina cannot be seen, let alone caught before the national dex is obtained, otherwise.

Seeing as noone uses HootHoot or Noctowl, maybe replace them with Giratina and Phione/Regigigas?

Sat May 24, 2008 6:02 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I USED NOCTOWL

Sat May 24, 2008 10:17 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Peanut-Lover wrote:
Grey wrote:
I also think it would be neat to have a different starter (like yellow did) though i know this is very unlikely because yellow was anime-based and yada yada yada, still, a munchy starter would be awesome.

I was actually hoping, but its doubtful - even in the anime, Ash only gets Turtwig and Chimchar, Dawn gets Piplup. In addition, many players realise that the anime is a poor emulation of the games.

The storyline - if they want it to run like Emerald, where you get 3rd dragon before the elite 4, and catch the other two afterwards, they have to modify the sinnoh dex - Giratina cannot be seen, let alone caught before the national dex is obtained, otherwise.

Seeing as noone uses HootHoot or Noctowl, maybe replace them with Giratina and Phione/Regigigas?

That's what i was trying to say, that it would be a far stretch for a new starter. The only reason i brought up the anime is because that is why yellow had a new starter. (because it was based off the anime)

It woulidn't bee too hard to append Giratina to the end of the sinnoh dex.

A new forme is cool, but i was hoping one of the events would be available. ( :twisted: Pokemon Black (Darkrai=lvl 40 story legend, Starters = dark->dark/grass, psychic->psychic/fire, fighting->fighting/water, "->" signifies change during evolutions :twisted: Never happen, but would if i made the game)

I am also wondering if the extreme mass of post game legendaries is a foreshadowing of things to come. It would be easy to cash cow pokemon by creating new sinnoh games for each legendary (though it would be death for the series)

I, too, want a remake of Johto. I have never been there, but have hear nice things. I started with Ruby, and nev'r played GSC, simply because i couldn't add the pokes to my hoard.... but i know for sure that platinum is NOT going to be this game (as others have suggested) unless, of course, they make it a post quest area.

Krisp wrote:
You guys might as well stop getting your hopes up, because the game isn't going to be significantly different than Diamond or Pearl. This "new starter" and "oMG CATCH DARKRAI W/O EVENT LOL!!1" crap won't happen.

No kidding... Wish i had realized that before i said it would never happen... now i just look stupid. :frustrated:

I wrote:
i know this is very unlikely...
...Never happen, but would if i made the game...
...but i know for sure that platinum is NOT going to be this game

We were saying what we would like to see, and stating (albeit a little nicer) that we didn't think any of it would happen... I realize that it may get off topic, but this was suggested as alternate topic matter by rhydon (whom started the topic) as something to fill the gap until the next update.

I realize that this triggers more notification e-mails that don't correspond to Rhydon's actual updates, and I apologize.

From here on out, i will refrain from posting under this topic.

Sorry, one final edit, also notice that I called the game I was talking about "Pokemon Black", not Platinum/Opal, Thereby further signaling that i knew it wasn't going to happen.

Last edited by Grey on Sun May 25, 2008 6:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sat May 24, 2008 10:33 pm
Profile YIM
Lite Four
Lite Four

You guys might as well stop getting your hopes up, because the game isn't going to be significantly different than Diamond or Pearl. This "new starter" and "oMG CATCH DARKRAI W/O EVENT LOL!!1" crap won't happen.

Personally I'd just be happy with the elimination of the pokeradar and new sprites.

Sun May 25, 2008 12:53 am
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Krisp wrote:
Personally I'd just be happy with the elimination of the pokeradar and new sprites.

The new sprites of what - trainers, Pokemon, or both?
If you mean both, then I agree with the above statement. (If new Pokemon sprites besides Giratina's even exist. It's doubtful - Emerald recycled everything from R/S and gave them animations, and Crystal recycled most of the sprites from G/S and gave them animations. So I wouldn't say that Platinum has utterly new stuff.)

Sun May 25, 2008 4:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next