It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 1875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
 Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Q&A [ALL QUESTIONS HERE] 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Really? That completely sucks.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:16 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

how do you spin trade with more than two people??

Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:55 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

can people please send me their roster codes for my pal pad? :D

Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:55 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

waterchan_15 wrote:
can people please send me their roster codes for my pal pad? :D

There's the Battle Tower and Pokemon Stadium forums for that purpose; you can peruse FCs there and make arrangements that way. Those two forums are for battling and trading, respectively.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:11 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm at the fourth gym (Maylene), and I always lose to her Lucario. Her Meditite and Machoke are really easy for my Golbat, but her Lucario is way too hard to beat. It keeps on using Drain Punch and is always faster than my Machoke. Help?

And another thing: During the same battle, my Machoke used Dig, and while it was underground, Lucario used Metal Claw on it, and it hit, despite Machoke being underground. Is this a glitch? Because I'd really hate for this to be unbeneficial for me.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:36 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It is a glitch.

The Psydex wrote:
Metal Claw (IV Generation):

Effect: Has 10% chance to raise the users attack by one stage

Target: Single Target - Any one Pokemon currently in battle, minus the user

This attack is not like Bounce, Fly, Sky Attack, Dig, Dive, etc. where the user delays a turn before it attacks. You are unaffected by moves while using Dig unless the opponent uses Earthquake. I'm sure there are other ways to affect a Pokemon using Dig, but I can't think of anything at the moment XD. In short, though, Metal Claw is not supposed to affect you when you used Dig. The best I can advise is if you restart the game and hope for the best. :)

When I am currently in the same situation as you with my own Machoke in Platinum (excruciatingly slow). I gave him the Quick Claw so he'd at least have a chance of moving first.

sad but rad

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:58 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PikaScootaloo wrote:
I'm at the fourth gym (Maylene), and I always lose to her Lucario. Her Meditite and Machoke are really easy for my Golbat, but her Lucario is way too hard to beat. It keeps on using Drain Punch and is always faster than my Machoke. Help?

And another thing: During the same battle, my Machoke used Dig, and while it was underground, Lucario used Metal Claw on it, and it hit, despite Machoke being underground. Is this a glitch? Because I'd really hate for this to be unbeneficial for me.

Your problem is that your machoke has the ability no guard. This means any move used will always hit, regardless of accuracy or moves like dig/fly, which would otherwise mean you would not be hit.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:04 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Following up silentwatcher's answer, No Guard affects both teams, not just Machoke's. It's an unfortunate case where Lucario is getting to benefit from the overlooked ability of its opponent.

Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:02 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

tripehound wrote:
Following up silentwatcher's answer, No Guard affects both teams, not just Machoke's. It's an unfortunate case where Lucario is getting to benefit from the overlooked ability of its opponent.

If you want to be perfectly accurate, No Guard actually affects only the user. If a Pokemon has No Guard, then all moves made by and against that Pokemon will always hit, even ignoring states such as Fly and Dig, but not Protect (nor does it bypass type immunities).

It wouldn't affect attacks, say, in double battles where the No Guard user isn't part of the attack. For example, if I have a Machamp active and his partner is Gengar, then Gengar's Focus Blast can still miss if it doesn't attack a Pokemon with No Guard.

Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:15 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Oh, derp on me. I'm so used to playing singles that I forget the specifics work differently in Multi matches. :oops:

For singles matches, what I said was basically accurate, but thanks for clarification, DNA.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:55 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
I doubt many people are going to ask this and I'm not searching through 73 pages only to find out its not there. My question is if you have a shiny ditto and it transforms into another pokemon does it transform into the shiny form or the natural form?

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:30 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

To my knowledge and experience, no. I've never seen a shiny Ditto transform into a Shiny Pokemon.

Goodbye
"

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:50 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

In gen IV, the shininess of the transformed Ditto does not depend on whether or not the Ditto is shiny. If the target is shiny, transformed Ditto will be shiny. If the target is not shiny, transformed Ditto will not be shiny.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:24 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Thanks guys and I have one more question what would be the best types to use against the elite 4? Not specific pokemon but types. My starter is infernape which has fire and fighting.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

James86134 wrote:
Thanks guys and I have one more question what would be the best types to use against the elite 4? Not specific pokemon but types. My starter is infernape which has fire and fighting.

So:
1.Infernape (Fire+Fighting)
2.Water+Ice pokemon
3.Dark pokemon

If I'm not mistaken, This will do the job.
You can also get some other Pokemon for the champion, like grass or electrix for Milotic.

Edit: Oh wait, there's a Gallade... take a flying pokemon too. (What about Honckrow?)

Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:16 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

GhostPony750 wrote:
James86134 wrote:

So:
1.Infernape (Fire+Fighting)
2.Water+Ice pokemon
3.Dark pokemon

If I'm not mistaken, This will do the job.
You can also get some other Pokemon for the champion, like grass or electrix for Milotic.

Edit: Oh wait, there's a Gallade... take a flying pokemon too. (What about Honckrow?)

I don't trade and I own platinum so I can't get murkrow. My team so far is sheildon, roselia, buizel, monferno, I'm going to get sneasel later, and I'm deciding between luxray and raichu I also have staravia. I'm only up to the fourth gym and I know it's a bit to early to think but I like to be one step ahead of myself if that makes sense. So maybe I should keep buizel and sneasel because of the water, ice and dark, make the decision about raichu and luxray, keep monferno. But then I need a flying! Too many decisions. :frustrated:

SO... Monferno is a definite, same with sneasel and buizel, need to decide between raichu and luxray, maybe switch roselia for gallade? Gliscor for flying and rock for more diversity and help with Flynn.
So the flying types to choose from;
Staraptor, gliscor if someone could trade me a murkrow don't need to be specific about nature I can sort that out in breeding I just need a female murkrow. Those are my choices could someone tell me the best one. Sorry about taking up space for my frustrating thinking.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:34 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Oh wow, hard decision. ;)

1.So you keep Monferno.
2.Sneasel is a great choice.
3.Buizel is great.

With this team you can beat Elite 4 easily...
So now you need a electric pokemon... I'd take Luxray.

4.Luxray
5.Gliscor is perfect for a flying pokemon!

Since you already have a fighting pokemon, I'd go for Roselia.

6.Roselia

With this, you have a great team: Fire, Fighting, Ice, Dark, Water, Electric, Flying, Rock, Grass, Poison. (10 types, you can counter everything)
That's my opinion! :mrgreen: But since it's your team, you will decide, of course! ;)

Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:45 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Ok so as I said before my team is staravia, sheildon (need to know when to trash these for sneasel and gligar), monferno, buizel, luxio and roselia. Also to get the Dawn stone for roserade. Where can I find one?

Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

James86134 wrote:
Ok so as I said before my team is staravia, sheildon (need to know when to trash these for sneasel and gligar), monferno, buizel, luxio and roselia. Also to get the Dawn stone for roserade. Where can I find one?

Oh wait.. you will need a shiny stone!
You can find it on route 228 and Iron Island.
I have no more information about where is it, so good luck! :)

250th post :3

Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:22 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

GhostPony750 wrote:
James86134 wrote:

Oh wait.. you will need a shiny stone!
You can find it on route 228 and Iron Island.
I have no more information about where is it, so good luck! :)

250th post :3

Thanks. now all I need to do is beat the 4th and 5th gym and finally get to iron island to accommodate to one step in my evil master plan to rule over a world centred around kids killing each others pets! Who hoooooo!

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:29 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

I have a gligar that I want to evolve into a gliscor but I need a razor fang to evolve it if anyone knows the location of one could you please answer.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You are supposed to find one in route 224.

If you need more information about items, here's a usefull item list for DDP:
http://www.psypokes.com/dp/items.php

Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:33 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

GhostPony750 wrote:
You are supposed to find one in route 224.

If you need more information about items, here's a usefull item list for DDP:
http://www.psypokes.com/dp/items.php

That was the razor claw there's a difference and I've noticed a lot of people get them mixed up gligar needs the razor fang and sneasel needs the razor claw. And don't worry I found one just south of veilstone.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:22 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Could you two please speak to each other through PM? It's kind of annoying when the two of you account for about 10 of the last posts.

Goodbye
"

Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:32 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i try to release one of my pokemon (a ryhorn) and it keeps nearly going and then coming back and a message it came back, maybe it ws worried about you or something to that effect. why??? it wont go and i dont like it

http://pokemon.hunngry.com/forum.php - new forum please check it out as we need more members :)

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 1875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next