It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 75  Next
 Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Q&A [ALL QUESTIONS HERE] 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

can anyone tell me how i can breed a swinub that knows the attack AncientPower!? i read the breeding guide, but i still don't know how... :(

Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:21 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

A way to get a Piloswine with Ancientpower that is easier than breeding for the egg move is to reteach it. As displayed on Piloswine's page here, Ancientpower is one of its Basic Moves (learnt at lvl 1). You can give a Heart Scale to the Move Tutor in Pastoria City and have the Piloswine relearn Ancientpower. Then, simply level it up to get a Mamoswine.

Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:00 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i tried that guy already, but it won't work... is it something like breeeding a female swinub with a diff pokemon that HAS AncientPower!?

Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:27 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

You might have tried reteaching a Swinub Ancientpower. Only Piloswine can relearn it. And You must breed a female Swinub/Piloswine with a male Dunsparce that knows Ancientpower to get a Swinub with Ancientpower. Dunsparce learns Ancientpower at level 41. Hope this helps.

Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:51 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

A Wobbufet question: Lets say we're in a double battle. I attack a foe Wobb with a physical attack from BOTH of my pokemon. The Wobb uses counter. What happens? Does the Wobb target only one of my attackers and do damage equal to the entirety of the two attacks sent back with Counter-force, or does the Wobb Counter each pokemon individually?

Not that I wanted to use a Wobb... was just interested :p

Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

It will bounce back the move that hit it second, at double the power of just that move, not them combined. So, for example, if I were using an Aerodactyl who used Rock Slide and a Flygon who used Dragon Claw, Wobby would bounce back the Dragon Claw at Flygon because it hit it with the last attack. The Rock Slide is not factored in in any way.

Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:42 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I got a question about bibarel's "Simple" ability.

The descrip. reads: The effectiveness of stat modifications is doubled. So would a move such as amnesia still be usable 3 times with the effect being doubled? or will it only allow the max of 400% S.def?

Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:58 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

which trainer has aipom and where is that trainer i need to see him to compelye the sinnoh dex

Team-Electrive,Magmortar,Milotic,Torterra,Staraptor and many others

Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:05 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

The sticky in this forum, Completing the Sinnoh Pokedex, can help you with what you need, ger911.

Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:19 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Was it that you can´t put pokemon that have beaten the E4 into pal park?

Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:27 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Okay, I'm trying to hatch a Blue (eastern) Shellos. I've tried everything I could think of in terms of breeding and hatching locations:

Ditto and Blue Shellos bred Red Shellos no matter where I hatched it.
Ditto and Red Shellos also bred Red Shellos no matter where I hatched it.
Female Red and Male Blue Shellos still bred Red Shellos in all locations.
Male Red and Female Blue Shellos, of course, made no difference.

I know it'd be easier to just catch and use a Blue Shellos, but I want to find out for my own self satisfaction. I couldn't find any guides or anything about this, so if anyone can point me to a guide or help me out, i'd be very grateful.

Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:11 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

shether wrote:
Was it that you can´t put pokemon that have beaten the E4 into pal park?

Not sure if that made sense. But all pokes from GBA games can be transferred to Pal Park - the E4 have nothing to do with it.

mattjackson wrote:
I know it'd be easier to just catch and use a Blue Shellos, but I want to find out for my own self satisfaction. I couldn't find any guides or anything about this, so if anyone can point me to a guide or help me out, i'd be very grateful.

As for the Shellos thing - that sounds really weird. Maybe its down to the game version that you have? I'll test that theory out later tonight. :)

EDIT: OK. SO I bred a Blue Gastrodon with a Ditto. My egg hatched in Solaceon town (East) and I got a blue Shellos. (That was on Pearl).

Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:12 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Isn't Shellos/Gastrodon style determined by PID, not by parents' style or hatch location?

(S)ome dumb kids looked at Mewtwo and thought "Hey he can clone things and move objects with his mind and be weak to Ghost attacks, why can't I?" Because it is a freaking game!!! Not something you should actaully practice in real life!!!

Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:59 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

What's PID?

Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:02 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

At Sunyshore City, Julia's house the one that gives you ribbons if you tell her a story
Question: I know theres one ribbon a day for a week but what about after that ?

Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:46 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm pretty sure you can continue getting a ribbon each day of the week, as long as it's given to a Pokemon that doesn't already have that ribbon.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:56 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I was looking at the Berry guide for Diamond/Pearl and I was wondering what the water absorption number meant.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:18 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hey, what can you actually do with mystery gift?
I dont understand it at all.

Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:55 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

One of the uses of Mystery Gift is to receive Nintendo Events. One was released recently at Toys R Uses in the US and possibly elsewhere. You had to go to a TRU and use the Mystery Gift. Then, a man in the PokeMart had a Manaphy for you. I'm not sure if it can be used in the ways it was in GSC.

Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:20 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ok I just recently got back into Pokemon after a long break, almost completed Pearl and have a few questions I couldn't find answered after viewing all 16 pages of this thread.

1. Who is that dude in the final room of Victory Road and what is he blocking access to? He's a fat guy who says something about "you'll meet many many pokemon" etc (can't remember the rest).

2. I know you can only trade between Ruby/Sapphire --> Diamond/Pearl after seeing all 150 SinnohDex mons but, is there any requirements that have to be satisfied on Ruby/Sapphire/FR/LG? As I recall you had to have a stone or something for Ruby/Sapphire --> FR/LG trades

3. Can you battle over WFC without having peoples friends codes? If so how? I can't figure it out!

4. When trying to obtain Spiritomb, I hear you have to speak with 32 people (or the same person 32 times) in the Underground. Is this communication limited to friendcodes / people in the close vicinity of your ds / or anyone at all on WFC? Again explanations of how are much appreciated.

Well think thats about it. Time for me to stop hogging all the space on the page!

PS
Totally forgot one last thing. I never got into breeding or EVs and the deeper stuff that much despite having a good addiction to Ruby/Sapphire, so I'm not certain what I'm doing wrong here. But can anyone tell me why I can't get my 2 Mime Jrs. to breed? They have a status of "they prefer to play with other pokemon rather than each other" or something. But if I remember correctly the relationship between the 2 just affected the time it took. I've been waiting 2 days now!

Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

thetasigma2 wrote:
Ok I just recently got back into Pokemon after a long break, almost completed Pearl and have a few questions I couldn't find answered after viewing all 16 pages of this thread.

1. Who is that dude in the final room of Victory Road and what is he blocking access to? He's a fat guy who says something about "you'll meet many many pokemon" etc (can't remember the rest).

2. I know you can only trade between Ruby/Sapphire --> Diamond/Pearl after seeing all 150 SinnohDex mons but, is there any requirements that have to be satisfied on Ruby/Sapphire/FR/LG? As I recall you had to have a stone or something for Ruby/Sapphire --> FR/LG trades

3. Can you battle over WFC without having peoples friends codes? If so how? I can't figure it out!

4. When trying to obtain Spiritomb, I hear you have to speak with 32 people (or the same person 32 times) in the Underground. Is this communication limited to friendcodes / people in the close vicinity of your ds / or anyone at all on WFC? Again explanations of how are much appreciated.

Well think thats about it. Time for me to stop hogging all the space on the page!

PS
Totally forgot one last thing. I never got into breeding or EVs and the deeper stuff that much despite having a good addiction to Ruby/Sapphire, so I'm not certain what I'm doing wrong here. But can anyone tell me why I can't get my 2 Mime Jrs. to breed? They have a status of "they prefer to play with other pokemon rather than each other" or something. But if I remember correctly the relationship between the 2 just affected the time it took. I've been waiting 2 days now!

He's a random guy who blocks the entrance to route 224, you can only make him go away by seeing every pokemon on the sinnoh dex therefore allowing you to obtain the national dex

2. For trades between r/s/e and fr/lg you need to have obtained the two gems on fr/lg and given them to Celio

3. NO, you need a friend code

4. In the underground you can only talk to people who are also in the underground and are in close proximity to you and your DS

5. This is because you can't breed baby pokemon e.g. Munchlax, Mime jr., Bonsly etc

I hope that helps

Now, I have a question

How do EV reducing berries work? If I have a pokemon with EV's of 252 in a stat and I use a berry does the stat go down to 242 or 100, I keep hearing different things. Is it that any stat over 100 goes down to 100 and then on it is reduced by 10 or something else? HELP!

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:34 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ok. Say you have a Blissey you want to EV train. You've already given it 252 HP EVs and 6 Def EVs, but you screwed up big time and gave it 252 Atk EVs. (Don't ask why anyone would do this...just hear me out.) You use the Atk reducing Berry (can't remember name) and the EVs go from 252 to 100 in one fell swoop. Then, another berry would further decrease the EVs to 90, then 80, ect.

Hope that helped!

Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:46 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

SpacialRender wrote:
Ok. Say you have a Blissey you want to EV train. You've already given it 252 HP EVs and 6 Def EVs, but you screwed up big time and gave it 252 Atk EVs. (Don't ask why anyone would do this...just hear me out.) You use the Atk reducing Berry (can't remember name) and the EVs go from 252 to 100 in one fell swoop. Then, another berry would further decrease the EVs to 90, then 80, ect.

Hope that helped!

THANKS!! that has clarified evrything :D

Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:44 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

2 Questions:

What does the water absorption number mean in the Berry guide?

Where do you find Pokemon trainer Mira?

Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

1. Weekens water type moves
2. Westwal cave below cycling road

Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 75  Next