It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Is is hacked??? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lets see..... you catch a legit shiny legend. and you say..........

moron wrote:

alright a shiny legend! now i could EV train this and make it my most treasured strong fighting pokemon, or............ i could just give it some EVs in one sucky stat. then ill level it up to level 100, so its EV training problem can never be fixed. yeah, then it will be useless for battling. perfect.........

is that what you would do if you caught a shiny legend? or any shiny pokemon for that matter? or any pokemon AT ALL?????

i cant see any reason to think this was not hacked. basically the person who trained it (or whatever) did not have the regard i would have for a shiny legend. they didnt care about it enough to even train it randomly to level 100. i reckon they saw your shiny tentacool there and decided to use pokesav to whip up a shiny for you.

maybe something you could do to help see if it is hacked is give it the berries that reduce its attack. keep using them until the attack wont go any lower, then tell us the attack stat. (then reset the game so you didnt waste the berries.)

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:29 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Location: Tacoma, Washington, U.S. of A (Stalkers need not call, just come on over!)
maybe something you could do to help see if it is hacked is give it the berries that reduce its attack. keep using them until the attack wont go any lower, then tell us the attack stat. (then reset the game so you didnt waste the berries.)

Oh, good idea Cuddles, I'll try that tonight and see what happens ^^

As for the crappy EV training I can actually see that happening. I've been playing pokemon for years now, I have every generation from red to diamond, and only as recently as about a month ago have I actually started looking into EV training (one of the reasons I messed up on EV training my shiny charmander) I always just went with it in pokemon training, fighting every trainer I came along, and usually the team that I used to defeat the Elite Four was my main team. If you had asked me what EV's were when I first started playing my new copy of Pokemon Diamond, I waould have stared blankly at you. xDDD
So if I had ever come across a shiney legendary before now I may have treated it just as poorly as the one traded to me has been. It is entirely possible that the previous owner either didn't know, or didn't care about EV training.
However it also does seem illogical that someone who knows how to clone pokemon wouldn't know about EV training, meh I havn't the foggiest :)

Also, I really hope this thread doesn't turn into a debate over the scruples if hacking, I wasn't trying to start an argument or anything, I'm just worried about my game getting all glitched out. XP

Quote:
As if someone has the attention span to clone rare candies on until he has 53.
And if he used the Rare Candy AR cheat, than it might as well be h@xx3d, seeing as it's still about as legit..

Actually if you use the emerald cloning glitch its really quite easy. If you have a full box of pokemon all holding rare candies, then use the glitch you have double that. I got about 50 rare candies in less then 20 minutes using that glitch. The only annoying part would be gettting them into the pearl game pack through pal park. Only 6 pokemon per day per game pack.
But I have pokemon emerald, leafgreen, sappire and ruby, so I can pal park four times a day. Each pokemon holding a rare candy equals out to 24 rare candies a day. So in two days I could have enough rare candies to level up a lvl 52 pokemon to 100.

EDIT
I used barries to reduce all of the Pokemon stats down to base. I should also mention, this pokemon is not completely EV trained. Even before I used the berries on it the Effort Ribbon lady said he needed to work harder.

Reduced stats:
HP: 307 (1 difference)
Atk: 268 (25 difference)
Def: 229 (no change)
Sp. Atk: 320 (no change)
Sp. Def: 247 (no change)
Speed: 228 (3 difference)

Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2