It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 X+Y info 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Let's gather and share any info we find out about the new games. Feel free to post any new info you find and I'll edit into the OP.

Starters: Chespin, Fenniken, and Froakie.
Legendaries: Xurneas and Yveltal.
New forms: Mewtwo (Awakened)
New evolutions: Sylveon (fairy type, evolved from Eevee)
New Pokémon: Helioptile, Fletchling, Pancham, Gogoat, Noivern, and Vivillon.
New moves: Parting Shot, Parabolic Charge (electric), Fairy Wind (fairy), Moonblast (fairy), and Boomburst (?)
New type: Fairy (super effective against Dragon)
-Jigglypuff, Gardevoir, Sylveon, and Marill are all part Fairy type.
Region: Kalos (based on France)
-Lumiose city (based on Paris)
New features: Pokémon-Amie (bonding with Pokémon)
Character Customisation (3 choices dependind on gender) and you can get new clothes during the game.
Travel: Ability to ride Pokémon (only Gogoat so far)(may only be in Lumiose)
-Roller skates.

Rumors: Over at PokéBeach, they got some unconfirmed info from someone claiming to have "insider information". Many people did/do not believe this, but this person released the names of the 4 new Pokémon before their official confirmation, and he was right!
So if we believe what this person has said:
-New type: Fairy type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
-Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
-Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
-The professor's English name is Patrice.
-The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
-The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
-A few attacks will be dual-typed.
-There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
-You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.
Remember: none of this is confirmed, so we'll just have to wait and see.
Credit: The rumors were copy+pasted from PokéBeach.

Last update: 11 June

Last edited by DragoBoy on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:03 am, edited 7 times in total.

Sat May 11, 2013 11:11 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Roller skates seem so silly in my opinion

But so do shoes that give you the ability to move twice your own speed

Black Friend Code --- 5158 2229 2547

Sat May 11, 2013 11:18 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Eliketru seems like its got a lot of potential as a Normal/Electric. I could see it becoming a Dragon/Electric, due to its reptilian appearance. And character customization, even just a little: HALLELUJAH!

Last edited by twistedturtwig on Sat May 11, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 11, 2013 11:35 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

SanguinaryScientist wrote:
But so do shoes that give you the ability to move twice your own speed

According to the manga they use compressed air to propel the wearer. Or maybe we were wearing high heels at the start of the game.
twistedturtwig wrote:
And character customization, even just a little: HALLELUJAH!

It's a step in the right direction anyway. Now the character customisation in Fire Emblem: Awakening, that's what I hope for in future Pokémon games (or even more options, but that's getting greedy)

Sat May 11, 2013 11:50 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

This electric lizard (look like a dog) look like mawhile... :|
And my favorite is the Goat (???). Look kinda great :P

Sat May 11, 2013 12:20 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

The new move that Pandude (that's what I'm calling it) gets seems to be good. Also, that fact that the bird gets Flame Charge just because it's red is funny to me.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat May 11, 2013 12:41 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:
The new move that Pandude (that's what I'm calling it) gets seems to be good. Also, that fact that the bird gets Flame Charge just because it's red is funny to me.

Who knows, maybe it's final evolution will be Flying/Fire?

EDIT: Just realized that Eliketeru's new move is called Parabola Charge. X and Y? Parabolas? Definitely a connection there.

Sat May 11, 2013 12:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Out of the 4 new Pokemon, Gogoto appeals to me the most at the moment. The other 3 not so much at the moment, Ill need some more info on them. (Maybe the panda looking one a little, since the Gen I made up has a Panda as one of the starters.)

Cant say much on the new moves, since I didnt see anything.

The little char custimization is a nice touch. I look forward to seeing it.

I look forward to seeing what else we get!

Sat May 11, 2013 4:30 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I can say that this time, I'm very impressed by the new Pokemon.
They really look great... (maybe excluding the Mawhile lizard, and Sylveon (My opinion))
Not too much details, simple designs, exactly what's the best.
I think they understood from the last time, too much work for nothing, and average results, bad reaction by most of the fans.

But well, can't wait to see the next Pokemon. ;)

Sat May 11, 2013 8:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

*tries very hard not to respond to the Gen V hate*

Out of the bunch, I'd have to say that Eliketeru is my favorite, but all of them look pretty neat.

Sat May 11, 2013 8:17 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Top Tier: Fennekin, Sylveon
Upper Tier: Chespin, Panda
Mid Tier: Goat, Froakie, Lizard
Low Tier: Robin, Xerneas, Yveltal
GTFO Tier: Newtwo

Sat May 11, 2013 8:38 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

god tier: Froakie
High tier: Chespin, Y bird, robin
Mid tier: kung fu panda, fennekin, electric lizard, new eevee
Low tier: riding Pokemon, X deer
Gtfo tier: Mewthree

Sat May 11, 2013 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

1st Tier: Froakie, Chespin, Panda
2nd Tier: Goat, Robin, Sylveon, Xerneas
3rd Tier: Fennekin, Elizard, Yveltal

Sat May 11, 2013 8:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I don't know what the tiers mean, so I'm not going to do my own, but I will say this: That Gogoto looks kinda awesome. And when they say you can ride it, I'm wondering if they mean you can use it like a bicycle, which would be even more awesomer! Yayakomo looks too boring for me, though if it turned into a fire/flying Pokémon that would be pretty cool. And the other two are meh.

Sat May 11, 2013 9:10 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I really like the new Pokémon, especially Gogoto.
Riding Pokémon sounds pretty awesome to me, so maybe there is a new HM that allows you to ride your Pokémon.
I also hope that when you're surfing or flying on your Pokémon you can actually see the Pokémon flying or swimming instead of a fish or bird.

Sun May 12, 2013 4:21 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Eeveelution-Master wrote:
I also hope that when you're surfing or flying on your Pokémon you can actually see the Pokémon flying or swimming instead of a fish or bird.

I think the Pokemon you are flying or surfing on will be shown. It would be pretty funny if they used a generic fish/bird given the game's new style graphics.

Sun May 12, 2013 7:15 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

While riding Pokemon does sound interesting, I hope that it's not all of them. Restrict it to just a few, Gogoto and a few others, and I'll be happy.

And now, for my ratings of the Pokemon so far:

Top Tier: Yveltal, Robin, Lizard, Froakie, Chespin
Middle Tier: Goat, Panda
Bottom Tier: Sylveon, Xerneas, Fennekin
Oh god why Tier: Mewthree

Sun May 12, 2013 2:25 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

It's already been confirmed that Gogoat is only rideable in one city.

A Tier (love):
Froakie
Xerneas
Pancham

B Tier (like):
Chespin
Fennekin
Fletchling
Gogoat
Yveltal

C Tier (indifferent):
Helioptile

Unclassified (need more info before I rank them):
Awakened Mewtwo
Sylveon

EDIT: Updated names of new Pokemon to English

Sun May 12, 2013 8:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

What's with all the ratings on the new Pokémon? This is a thread for info, besides there's already a thread on whether or not you like the new Pokémon.

Also: tones of new stuff on Pokémon.com. Go check it out. Now.
I'll add this stuff into the OP.

There's a lot of new stuff on the Pokémon website.
Why are you still reading this? Go check it out!

Edit: The Gen 6 forum should be renamed Kalos.

Tue May 14, 2013 9:03 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

DragoBoy wrote:
What's with all the ratings on the new Pokémon? This is a thread for info, besides there's already a thread on whether or not you like the new Pokémon.

Well seeing as the new Pokemon were just given new info, I'm sure that still classifies as new info and will inevitably lead to this haha.

I do however find interesting as someone mentioned the name of the attack Parabolic Charge with the whole X and Y thing. Not to mention this guy you found at PokeBeach with the "questionable" info, I'm loving most of the stuff but some of the things that worried me is the Fairy's immunity to Dragon type, that would rock some socks off to certain play styles and is pretty shocking regardless. The 2nd being that the loop for the starters where Frokie get's the Dark element while Chespin receives the Fighting instead of vice versa, wouldn't that sorta defeat the purpose of the backwards compatibility? :shock: What are your thoughts on the matter?

Tue May 14, 2013 1:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

MrDeadlyBootz wrote:
Not to mention this guy you found at PokeBeach with the "questionable" info, I'm loving most of the stuff but some of the things that worried me is the Fairy's immunity to Dragon type, that would rock some socks off to certain play styles and is pretty shocking regardless. The 2nd being that the loop for the starters where Froakie get's the Dark element while Chespin receives the Fighting instead of vice versa, wouldn't that sorta defeat the purpose of the backwards compatibility? :shock: What are your thoughts on the matter?

I didn't find out about the info, DNA posted the link in another topic.
As for fairy's immunity to Dragon, it helps balance the type chart somewhat by giving another type that resists Dragon while also buffing up Poison. If only it could have improved Ice's defensive match-ups, it would have balanced things out quite nicely.
And yes, I think it would have been better for all of them to have an advantage over each other, rather than have 2 super-effective stabs against one of the others.
It may all be a lie though, so me might be worrying over nothing.

Tue May 14, 2013 3:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I will wait till any or all of this is confirmed, so instead I will do the following:

Things I hope to be proven false:

The "fairy" type. No, NO, and NO. What next? A Demon type?? It is not needed, uncalled for and to top it all off, How does Mawile look like a Fairy? Why would you mess with that? *nonsense rant*

Things I would really like to see:

Dual type moves: YES! Now this is something Id like to see. I wanted to introduce this in the Gen I wrote, but could not figure out how this would work. I am interested to see how Nintendo/ Game Freak Pulled it off.

The ability to see a Pokemon's Ev's In game and to train themas such. This will make Ev training SOOOO much easier. (But breeding will still be a pain regardeless.)

And everything else, Im pretty well indifferent too. But still, none of this is SET IN STONE. May in wet clay, but not stone. We will have to wait and see what is true and what is false. This could very well be a rouse, or be real info mixed in with some false info, and so and so forth.

Tue May 14, 2013 3:12 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

DragoBoy wrote:
I didn't find out about the info, DNA posted the link in another topic.
As for fairy's immunity to Dragon, it helps balance the type chart somewhat by giving another type that resists Dragon while also buffing up Poison. If only it could have improved Ice's defensive match-ups, it would have balanced things out quite nicely.
And yes, I think it would have been better for all of them to have an advantage over each other, rather than have 2 super-effective stabs against one of the others.
It may all be a lie though, so me might be worrying over nothing.

Yeah I went to PokeBeach to see if there was anything else I could dig up, thanks for the link you put up on the other thread.
I definitely agree with the Ice part I hope that maybe with the new type (if it is a real thing) in the switch up maybe they revamp all the old compatibilities and help it out that way. And true I can see how it would help balance the Dragon part but Steel gains yet one more point on the tipping scale, even though it makes sense. As far as the starters go that's exactly what I was thinking, it went from a cool reverse compatibility to an all out butt rape of double advantage. Not feeling that as much

Tue May 14, 2013 3:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

twistedturtwig wrote:
While riding Pokemon does sound interesting, I hope that it's not all of them. Restrict it to just a few, Gogoto and a few others, and I'll be happy.

Making a new HM that allows Pokémon to be ridden would be a good way of restricting it.
GofD wrote:
The "fairy" type. No, NO, and NO. What next? A Demon type?? It is not needed, uncalled for and to top it all off, How does Mawile look like a Fairy? Why would you mess with that? *nonsense rant*

Dark in Japanese is Evil, which covers demons. It mightn't even be called fairy in the english translations.
GofD wrote:
Dual type moves: YES! Now this is something Id like to see. I wanted to introduce this in the Gen I wrote, but could not figure out how this would work. I am interested to see how Nintendo/ Game Freak Pulled it off.

As someone said on PokéBeach: "Ludicolo used a grass/water move on Rhydon." If there will be dual type moves, they'll probably be very limited in amount.

Oh, and here is an image of the new region. There's a lot to talk about there, and a lot of rivers. Ugh water, why?

Tue May 14, 2013 3:34 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Okay, so the new region reeallly looks like France. I can actually pick out a lot of major landmarks and buildings that seem familiar. Lumiose City is clearly the equivalent of Paris, complete with Eiffel Tower and La Seine running straight through it. I also recognize a couple of spots from the trailer, notably those raised buildings due west of Lumiose.

Tue May 14, 2013 4:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next