It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:33 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 "Raising EV" question 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Please help me... How can i raise my pokemon's EV? Psypokes said it is recommended to max out Ev first before leveling pokemon but how can I do that? i think i can't raise my pokemon's EV without raising experience, right? Please help, i have a pokemon rival in true life and they are two! I want to win among them... Thanks alot.

My Shiny NinjasK will make me WiN!

Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:29 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Your pokemon gain EVs by battling other pokemon, so yes, they will gain some EXP in the process. What the Psypoke guide meant was that it is recommended to finish EV training your pokemon, (frequently against weaker pokemon that don't give you much EXP), and then (when you have your EVs maxed) simply train them to gain EXP, such as against the Elite Four.

Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:48 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

umm..jsxtm.. for example i have a lvl 100 kyogre and i battle at lvl 5 wurmple do the ev of kyogre raised upon beating wurmple?? and how do i know how much kyogre ev raised???

ohh a lvl 100 is the max lvl of a pokemon right?lets say the kyogre is lvl 50 ahihihhhihi oh do the ev of a pokemon shall rose even the pokemon is in max lvl?lets say the trainer did not maxed the lvl 100 Pokemon ev while it is young........................................

Mod Edit: Don't double post. Use the Image button. -JsXtm

Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:07 am
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

As the EV guide says, if your pokemon does not have 510 Total EVs, it will gain EVs by battling other pokemon, regardless of level. However, unless you use a bunch of rare candies, it's very difficult to get a pokemon to level 100 without maxing out it's EVs along the way.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:04 am
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

If you want to give your Pokemon specific EVs, i.e. Speed and Attack, which are best for Ninjask, train against the specific Pokemon in the guide. Your Pokemon can have a max of 255 EVs per stat, but you need not go further than 252. Additionally, if your Pokemon holds the Macho Brace your EV growth is doubled (a Gyarados normally gives 2 Atk EVs. Defeating it with Ninjask holding Macho Brace would grant 4). Just do this until you get 510 (maximum) EVs, and go get an Effort Ribbon from the woman in Slateport. (I recommend for a Ninjask, 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed, since it's not likely to survive even one hit.)

Also if you swap out a Pokemon and kill the wild Pokemon with another one of your own, they will both gain EVs (e.g. if you swap out against the Gyarados and Ninjask has the Macho Brace, the others will get 2 Atk EVs unless theirs are maxed, and Ninjask will still get 4). It's the way to train low-level Pokemon for EVs.

After that, you can just raise your Pokemon in the E4 and watch those stats build up like crazy.
- DNA

Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:01 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

for example i have a pidgeot whose atk is 50 when it battle a wild pokemon that can give him 2 atk evs,do pidgeot's atk will become 52?(50 atk stat+2 evs)???AND ALSO IF MY POKEMON IS SPECIAL ATK SWEEPER,ATK SWEEPER,AND MIXED SWEEPER.DO I ALSO NEED TO RAISE THEIR HP,DEF,SP.DEF,AND SPEED EVS???IF I MUST DO I HAVE TO RAISE MY SP.ATK SWEEPER'S EV OF SP.ATK,HP,SP.DEF,DEF,AND SPEED?ALSO IN ATK SWEEPER DO I NEED TO RAISE THE EV OF HP,DEF,SP.DEF,SPEED?AND ALSO IN MY MIXED SWEEPER DO I ALSO NEED TO RAISE THE EV OF HP,DEF,SP.DEF,SPEED??

Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:37 am
Profile YIM
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

1) Please, do not post in all caps. It is confusing and totally unnecessary.
2) 4 EVs in a stat = +1 to that stat. For example, a Pidgeot with 52 EVs in Attack, at lvl 100, would have 13 more Attack than a Pidgeot with no EVs in Attack at lvl 100. The gains themselves are spread evenly across levels. You won't receive them all at once; they are given gradually.
3) The traits of a sweeper are high attack power and speed to defeat the foe swiftly. As such, the only traits sweepers need are Atk, SpAtk, and Speed. (However if your sweeper is physical, you do not need to train SpAtk, and so on.)
4) How can a Pidgeot have an attack stat of only 50??

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:18 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

How can a Pidgeot have an attack stat of only 50??

i only use that stat for example bec my mother is telling me to sleep and in my haste i invented the stat 50 of a pidgeot hahahaa :lol: ..but anyway i understand now how to raise ev so thank u all of u!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:31 am
Profile YIM
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]