It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The why do you guys use legendary's in battle's thread.. 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ok so im see'ing alot of people's teams in there sig's and some seem pretty good others seems kinda pointless.

My problem is this. Why do you guys use legendary's when you battle? It shows no skill, no effort, no nothing cept your lazyness.

Dont take this into offense or anything and yes im sure you have seen posts like this before, but seriusly ? Maybe its just me but i try to use pokemon that not everyone uses and using legendary's for a possible easy win is just dumb.

Like this one guy i battled he had all legendary's on his team i killed him with my unexpected team of pokemon no one hardly uses. I dunno i understand if you like certain ones like my favorite in Zapdos always has been but i try not to use him.

Not just legendary's but other pokemon too like Metagross, salamance, pokemon like them EVERYONE uses them, i have them too and i relise how strong they are but is there anyone else like me who like to use an old fasion team or a team that you wouldnt expect

Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:08 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Candymancan wrote:
Ok so im see'ing alot of people's teams in there sig's and some seem pretty good others seems kinda pointless.

My problem is this. Why do you guys use legendary's when you battle? It shows no skill, no effort, no nothing cept your lazyness.

Dont take this into offense or anything and yes im sure you have seen posts like this before, but seriusly ? Maybe its just me but i try to use pokemon that not everyone uses and using legendary's for a possible easy win is just dumb.

Like this one guy i battled he had all legendary's on his team i killed him with my unexpected team of pokemon no one hardly uses. I dunno i understand if you like certain ones like my favorite in Zapdos always has been but i try not to use him.

Not just legendary's but other pokemon too like Metagross, salamance, pokemon like them EVERYONE uses them, i have them too and i relise how strong they are but is there anyone else like me who like to use an old fasion team or a team that you wouldnt expect
Old fashioned teams are just out of date OU teams for the most part. Some legends aren't that good either, for instance the zapdos you cited is either Barely OU or much more likely borderline. Some legends are much weaker than others, we don't use ubers just competitive pokemon. If you can make a sturdy team of Borderline pokemon, congrats. Odds still say you have an innate disadvantage.

The real problem is that OU or as it is sometimes called Standard is a pretty good sized list, but you're still gonna see tons of repeats because people want strong teams, and because some OU pokemon are easier to get than others.

Fun and unique teams are usually less successful and generally get made after you have some serious pokemon, if at all, but they do exist.

Trying not to use something because it's popular seems kinda silly to me, I mean if it works for you then it works, no need to find a lower rank less effective substitute because it happened to be a popular pokemon.

Some sigs are just populated with favorites too, so cooler pokemon end up there.

Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:33 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

well i have over 250 pokemon in my boxes most are all the newer or good ones ect.

I agree some older pokemon are just pretty crappy but they have always been.

For example say a Gengar it isnt a terrible pokemon in fact its just as good or better then some of the newer ghost pokemon. Or pokemon like Weezing or Muk, they arent bad pokemon they can learn almost every single type of move imaginable and they are only weak against 1 type.

Flop out a weezing with thunder bolt, flamethrow, icebeam, ect they can learn any type of move and there stats are just the same as a newer pokemon like toxicroak, skuntank, or any of the newer poision types.

Sure muk and weezing are slow like most poision types, but then its like that for every pokemon. So your point of saying newer are better then old is flawd IMO.

Same with pokemon like say Manectric, compared to luxray, one is faster then the other and the other has a higher attack other then the older pokemon is no different.

I agree there are some really old pokemon that just dont learn anything good without teaching them TM's but alot of the other older pokemon are just as good.

Also the stats on zapdos, can be just the same as a pokemon like say darkrai only zapdos has more Hp, and darkrai has more speed.

Each pokemon can learn diff moves but in reality they are all the same if you think about it, so saying one is stronger then another is nonsense, its all a matter of which type you use.

Like for example alot of people just put powerfull moves on there pokemon and just use them all the time, what happens if i take my lowely Genger get a hynosis on you, then do curse, then pain split, even if you wake up your HP is cut in half and even if you kill my gengar your pokemon is dead and if he doesnt pop outa sleep after the first 2 turns, youll be dead with curse and dreameater.
Even without those moves and a standard blast away setup gengar's stats are just like any other pokemon, it has higher stats in some ears and lower in others

Btw iv been trying for a couple days, if you are still there would you do a trade with me im trying to evolve my Seadra and Rydon.

JonErik

0258 6807 1876

Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:46 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You don't seem to realise that Legends are not actually as powerful as first thought.

There are different teirs of Pokemon:

UBER
OverUsed
BorderLine
UnderUsed
NeverUsed

It's not a case of Legends / Others, each Pokemon fits into these different teirs.

For example: Gengar would fit into the OverUsed category because of its high stats. However, Articuno would fall into the BorderLine teir, because of its poor movepool and massive weakness to Stealth Rock.

So don't go around ranting at people without first having knowledge of what you're on about. And it's actually quite accurate to say that a lot of the First Generation Pokemon make up a staple of the OU teir. And many people play by OU, and don't play by Uber (which include Pokemon such as Mewtwo, Dialga, etc.)

Quote:
Also the stats on zapdos, can be just the same as a pokemon like say darkrai only zapdos has more Hp, and darkrai has more speed.

Yes, but you can't just take stats into account. Darkrai's ability is a main asset as to why it is in Uber.

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:05 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

You don't seem to realise that Legends are not actually as powerful as first thought.

There are different teirs of Pokemon:

UBER
OverUsed
BorderLine
UnderUsed
NeverUsed

It's not a case of Legends / Others, each Pokemon fits into these different teirs.

For example: Gengar would fit into the OverUsed category because of its high stats. However, Articuno would fall into the BorderLine teir, because of its poor movepool and massive weakness to Stealth Rock.

So don't go around ranting at people without first having knowledge of what you're on about. And it's actually quite accurate to say that a lot of the First Generation Pokemon make up a staple of the OU teir. And many people play by OU, and don't play by Uber (which include Pokemon such as Mewtwo, Dialga, etc.)

Quote:

Yes, but you can't just take stats into account. Darkrai's ability is a main asset as to why it is in Uber.

Err i dont seem to relise ? LOl this thread was made to tell people they arent. Which is why i asked why do people use them when old pokemon like mine can kill them easily ? Your the one who doesnt understand what i was talkin about.

So like you said to me dont open your mouth until you understand what im actually talkin about. Yes darkraie ability is really nice, but in reality it doesnt really matter my point still stands.

Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:10 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Darkrai's ability is a bit more than nice...

Basically people have four motivations to put together a team:

1. (Most common) To win. They use a team of OUs which are proven to be successful in battling and win a lot of matches.

2. (Pretty common) To UBERfy people. Mostly little kids who can't win without resorting to Mewtwo (usually hacked with AR too...)

3. (Pretty common) Because they like the pokémon. They like particular pokémon so just use them, even if they suck at battling...

4. (Least common) To try out original combos. They use UU, mostly in original ways, and may be successful, or might just fail.

Of course there are then people that think they are in category 2. when in fact they are not... for example a lot of people think that the legendary birds are Ubers, when in fact they are not.

Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:37 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: On the back of a stampeding Tauros squealing, "WHEEE!"
Candymancan wrote:
Why do you guys use legendary's when you battle? It shows no skill, no effort, no nothing cept your lazyness.

Right. It definitely takes no effort to play all the way through Leaf Green, for the sake of ONE POKEMON, soft reset for the one Suicune in the game until you can get for good nature AND good IVs, on top of wasting one day of Pal Park, EV training it, and leveling it up to level 100.

Yes, I am SO lazy for using legends. God, what a horrible battler I must be! (and btw, if you're going to call out someone's "lazyness" thoughtlessly, at least spell it right, genius.)

Quote:
Maybe its just me but i try to use pokemon that not everyone uses and using legendary's for a possible easy win is just dumb.

YOU ARE A MORON.

Suicune's base stats total up to 580. Tyranitar, Garchomp, Salamence, Metagross, etc. have base stats totaling up to 600. It's like when people have a "no legends" clause which is the hugest load of crap I've heard in my life--what is the point in banning Celebi, who has the same total base stats as Tyranitar, but terrible typing and a bad movepool, but allowing Tyranitar?

On that note, anyone who bans legends (excluding ubers) is just a failure. End of.

Quote:

If it's so easy to beat teams of legends, then what are you whining about exactly?

Quote:

I used to like UU pokemon too, because they were different. But as time goes on, you learn to like OU pokemon just as much. Face it, you can't always win with teams of UU, especially when everyone has OU pokemon. You shouldn't criticize people just because YOU want to use junk pokemon and they're using what has been tested and proven to be the best.

Not to say all UU pokemon suck, but they're "UNDER USED" for a reason. The only really good UU pokemon I can think of right off the bat is Clefable.

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:39 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Candymancan wrote:

Great :) Judging by the fact he used all legends, I'm guessing he wasn't the best battler either. Comes back to the "not all legends are ubers" thing.

Candymancan wrote:

OU stands for OverUsed :) Not just because those pokemon are the best besides ubers, but because everyone uses them. Play in the UU tier if you want some variety - in OU you'll mostly find different combinations of the same pokemon.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:27 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

well i have over 250 pokemon in my boxes most are all the newer or good ones ect.

I agree some older pokemon are just pretty crappy but they have always been.

For example say a Gengar it isnt a terrible pokemon in fact its just as good or better then some of the newer ghost pokemon. Or pokemon like Weezing or Muk, they arent bad pokemon they can learn almost every single type of move imaginable and they are only weak against 1 type.

Flop out a weezing with thunder bolt, flamethrow, icebeam, ect they can learn any type of move and there stats are just the same as a newer pokemon like toxicroak, skuntank, or any of the newer poision types.

Sure muk and weezing are slow like most poision types, but then its like that for every pokemon. So your point of saying newer are better then old is flawd IMO.

Same with pokemon like say Manectric, compared to luxray, one is faster then the other and the other has a higher attack other then the older pokemon is no different.

I agree there are some really old pokemon that just dont learn anything good without teaching them TM's but alot of the other older pokemon are just as good.

Each pokemon can learn diff moves but in reality they are all the same if you think about it, so saying one is stronger then another is nonsense, its all a matter of which type you use.

Like for example alot of people just put powerfull moves on there pokemon and just use them all the time, what happens if i take my lowely Genger get a hynosis on you, then do curse, then pain split, even if you wake up your HP is cut in half and even if you kill my gengar your pokemon is dead and if he doesnt pop outa sleep after the first 2 turns, youll be dead with curse and dreameater.
Even without those moves and a standard blast away setup gengar's stats are just like any other pokemon, it has higher stats in some ears and lower in others

Btw iv been trying for a couple days, if you are still there would you do a trade with me im trying to evolve my Seadra and Rydon.

JonErik

0258 6807 1876
There's a whole lot wrong with what you said, an 'oldschool' team is still OU unless it uses non OU sets. Gengar, Jolteon, Aerodactyl, Gyrados are all major OU pokemon. Which you said was what was bothering you. If you want to use non-OU pokemon fine, but don't think Gyrados isn't OU just because he's from the original games.

I've beaten entire teams of Ubers, that's a difference in skill, if they had a whole team of OU pokemon they'd have done even worse, that's not valid observation on the value of his pokemon.

Pokemon are not the same, all of them have unique sets about them. Stats, moves and typing all have massive impact. It's just Crazy to think that one UU/borderline is equal or, as you seem to think, superior to OU.

Anyone capable in battling can show you the difference in ability between Muk and Weezing. Sandslash, Donphan, Hippodowan, ect may seem similar but are Very different in practice. You can't just substitute pokemon and expect them to run the same. Darkrai's stat allocation, ability and movepool outrank Zapdos'. Darkrai's Uber and Zap is borderline, because of this Crazy difference in quality and impact on the metagame.

Gengar is majorly OU, and you're plan for him in the example was pretty bad.

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:09 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

yeah, well i guess i dont have to point out too much of what was wrong with candyman's ideas, since other people have done that. but i will add that if you want to disagree with someone you dont have to be an idiot about it.

my two cents...... on netbattle when someone challenges me and i see that they have 6 ubers, i usually think "right, easy win" and it usually is, with my regular OU team. but very occasionally, you get someone who has carefully put together a team of ubers, each with a chosen role, moveset, EV distribution, etc, and they can be really tough to beat, i would say impossible if they really know what theyre talking about.

more emphasis must be placed on the skill of the players involved, rather than just the tier of pokemon they used.

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:19 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Which is another part of my point, if you have so much skill, why would you use the best legendary's. To me it wouldnt be fun at all.

The people here who are idiots are little 10 year kids who dont know how to read, for example the guy telling me to shutup saying i dont know what im talkin about and then he says the same thing i said about legendarys lol. Stupid kids

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ironically, you can't grammatically structure a proper sentence, yet you tell people to "learn to read".

Anyway, why the hell are you complaining? You said that you were able to conquer an entire team of legendaries using a team of unexpected Pokemon.

Also, why bring Pokemon like Salamence and Metagross into the picture? Hmm... I think I'll use Rapidash as a physical sweeper, as there's 0% probability that it'll strike first against a solid physical sweeper such as Garchomp, thus defeating the purpose of being a physical sweeper. In case you didn't notice, that was sarcasm. Why wouldn't you use Pokemon such as the previously mentioned? They play their role as a sweeper perfectly.

And to the point - some legendaries aren't overpowered. There's a difference between an "uber" Pokemon and a plain legendary one. In fact, some legendaries such as Moltres are drastically underpowered and butchered by common adversaries such as Rhyperior. There's no need to argue, you're just making yourself look [developmentally delayed].

Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:02 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Which is another part of my point, if you have so much skill, why would you use the best legendary's. To me it wouldnt be fun at all.

Dayum, you're right. I use Suicune, one of the best tanks in the 3rd gen.'s OU--NOT UBER--metagame, and, IMO, one of the best tanks period. Yea, it definitely proves I have no skill.

Go the @#$% home, n00b.

Quote:
The people here who are idiots are little 10 year kids who dont know how to read, for example the guy telling me to shutup saying i dont know what im talkin about and then he says the same thing i said about legendarys lol. Stupid kids

o hai im 17 lololololol. how old r u, 5????? <--- morons tend to not catch my sarcasm when I type like that, so I'm blatantly pointing it out this time.

And at the very least this intelligent and well-educated adolescent is well informed of how to construct comprehensible sentences as well as how to demonstrate her experience in grammatically correct writing and incomparably flawless spelling.

In other words: if you want people to know how to "read" your posts then maybe you should learn how to type in legible ways and, I don't know, posts that make sense perhaps? D:

Just because you want to be "cool" by being all "different" doesn't make you "in the know" about battling. Obviously you know *NOTHING* about battling because you didn't even know about standard clauses like Evasion Clause. I doubt you know what Sleep or Self-KO Clauses are either. Ignorance is excusable, but not when little boys like you start talking out of your @$$ because you try to act like you know about things when you quite obviously don't.

Cal, unlike you, makes intelligent and educated points before opening his mouth and clicking that "Submit" button.

NO, you are NOT "better" than other people just because you have a Muk fetish, and NO, you cannot try to demean the intelligence of other people when you're the only one that looks [retarded] since Cal was too fearful to outright say it here.

kthxbai. <3

Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:52 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cmc, Bad idea telling Psypoke to go read... You should go read a Tier List, you get....
Ubers-(arceus,Dialga,Groudon, that sorta thing)
OU-(The Birds, The Regis, The Pixies, the Dogs...)

I'm not going to pretend to know what im talking about, and neither should you.

Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:17 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Cmc, Bad idea telling Psypoke to go read... You should go read a Tier List, you get....
Ubers-(arceus,Dialga,Groudon, that sorta thing)
OU-(The Birds, The Regis, The Pixies, the Dogs...)

Lolno.

Articuno is a weak BL. In Smogon it was discussed whether she should end up in UU or BL, but then it was decided that it would overcentralize the UU metagame so it ended up being BL. Same with Moltres.

Zapdos was an OU last gen, but now Stealth Rock, Rhyperior, and Motor Drive Electivire forced it into BL.

Regice actually is a pretty seexy special wall, but it's ice typing let it down. BL.

Registeel has a craptacular typing, being weak to ground and fire, which arguably the two most common types (ChainChomp, anyone?) BL again.

Regirock actually has good defense stats, but if you are a wall and weak to ground, grass, steel, fightning AND water, you'll have trouble walling. BL.

Azelf is awesome, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Flamethrower, Explosion and Nasty Plot to back it all up. OU.

CalmCune is a force to be feared, and Surf-Ice Beam doesn't have many resists. Pray to God that your hazer survives a +3 Surf. Or it's gg. OU.

Raikou is a good Poke, with Calm Mind, Roar and STAB Thunderbolt to counter the ever-common Gyarados', but EQ IS the most overused move ingame. I am sorry, but BL.

The rest are just legendary for the sake of being legendary. It's 11.30, and I'm getting yelled at, will edit this post later.

KK?

The Jonatron wrote:
Xatu Unlickely this guy wont get powered.

Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yea The Jonatron, it's actually more like this (as far as legends are concerned):

UBERS:
Mewtwo
Mew
Lugia
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Lati@s
Deoxys
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Manaphy
Darkrai
Arceus (Banned by Hacks Clause)

OU:
Celebi
Jirachi
Azelf
Cresselia
Heatran

BL:
Suicune
Raikou
Articuno
Zapdos
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Regigigas
Uxie
Mesprit
Shaymin (Banned by Hacks Clause)

UU:
Moltres
Entei

There, no more excuses for blatant ignorance now, Candymancan.

@Gnaaye: As much of a Suicune-lurver I am, it is not OU anymore. It used to be insanely good (3rd Gen.) because everything that did super-effective to it was special, so after a few Calm Minds nothing could touch it. Now with the physical-special split, that has changed. It's still a force to be reckoned with but other things got better come 4th gen.

Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
I'm not going to pretend to know what im talking about

Okay, i contradicted myself there. Taser/Gnaaye know what there talking about. I should have said OU or Less :?

The point is, Ubers (the ones you have a problem with) are often banned. Just say 'No Ubers'.

'Zapdos ect.' are alowed most of the time. Depending on the tiers that have been Set, if any. (^^^Taser).

Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Try battling someone who knows how to use ubers. Battles are fun in the uber tier - but only if both players know what they're doing. Otherwise you're just beating up noob pokemon.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I like how Taser fusses at people. I find it humorous. :lol:

In competitive battling, you have to use the best you can find in most cases. You have to use what you have to use to survive. If you just adore a certain Pokemon and it has good stats, not the best just good, feel free to use a BPer to assist the desired Pokemon.. Not to say that will always be the answer.

I did not like to use OU and Uber Pokemon, but in time, I came to understand.

Hopefully I know what I am talking about......if not, let Taser fuss at me please. Again, I find it funny.

Last edited by gamer guy on Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:58 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Candymancan wrote:

Yeah...i kinda agree that that those kids that use ubers team against you are easy wins...
But this topic is really idiot man...
It's just stupid to say that someone is "lazy" ,"unskilled" and such
for using legendaries, just because you gonna cry ...

Taser wrote:
Quote:

Candymancan wrote:
Quote:

Why do you guys use legendary's when you battle? It shows no skill, no effort, no nothing cept your lazyness.

Right. It definitely takes no effort to play all the way through Leaf Green, for the sake of ONE POKEMON, soft reset for the one Suicune in the game until you can get for good nature AND good IVs, on top of wasting one day of Pal Park, EV training it, and leveling it up to level 100.

Yes, I am SO lazy for using legends. God, what a horrible battler I must be! (and btw, if you're going to call out someone's "lazyness" thoughtlessly, at least spell it right, genius.)

I agree with her ...
i did the same thing getting my Regice ...

Don't mind if wrote wrong ...
im not very good on english...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushin22
Watch,Comment,Rate and Enjoy! ^_^x

*Currently BUSY with real life,so i might take a while to respond messages or RMTs... Sorry,I might be back someday...*

Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:57 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

@Gnaaye: As much of a Suicune-lurver I am, it is not OU anymore. It used to be insanely good (3rd Gen.) because everything that did super-effective to it was special, so after a few Calm Minds nothing could touch it. Now with the physical-special split, that has changed. It's still a force to be reckoned with but other things got better come 4th gen.

Tell me what can use physical grass/electric moves successfully to counter Suicune. Electivire only, sadly. Tyranitar and Rhyperior certainly don't enjoy taking STAB Surfs and Ice Beam OHKOs Leafeon, Sceptile, Gliscor as well. Now that Suicune gets Extrasensory, Heracross and the Hitmons should thing twice before switching in.

On the special side, after it pulls of two CMs, it's virtually unstoppable. True, Blissey walls it, but it Sui can Roar it away. Gengar is afraid of Extrasensory, Zapdos gets nailed by Ice Beam, Shaymin is afraid of Ice Beam as well, and Raikou can be Roar-ed away...

Really, this thing is insane. Sure, faster Roar/Whirlwind users and Shedinja are sure counters, and without Roar, Blissey and Cresellia wall it hard, but it is still decent enough to be a OU.

The Jonatron wrote:

Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:06 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Taser wrote:

Tell me what can use physical grass/electric moves successfully to counter Suicune. Electivire only, sadly. Tyranitar and Rhyperior certainly don't enjoy taking STAB Surfs and Ice Beam OHKOs Leafeon, Sceptile, Gliscor as well. Now that Suicune gets Extrasensory, Heracross and the Hitmons should thing twice before switching in.

On the special side, after it pulls of two CMs, it's virtually unstoppable. True, Blissey walls it, but it Sui can Roar it away. Gengar is afraid of Extrasensory, Zapdos gets nailed by Ice Beam, Shaymin is afraid of Ice Beam as well, and Raikou can be Roar-ed away...

Really, this thing is insane. Sure, faster Roar/Whirlwind users and Shedinja are sure counters, and without Roar, Blissey and Cresellia wall it hard, but it is still decent enough to be a OU.
Electivire, Tangrowth, Thunderpunch dragonite, Roaring away raikou means taking a stab super effectie hit, Ice beam would only hit leafeon after a physical stab super effective hit because suicune is slower.

Heck if it switches into a dragon dance, I'm not sure it'll survive a run in with OU dragons. Also Suicune is heavy I think, so grass knot does extra. Taunt Gyrados is rampant that stops whirlwind and calm mind. Also focus punch goes before roar so prediction there is dangerous.

Scarf Gallade can leaf blade too. Medicham is often packing thunder punch.

I also have a secret anti calm mind weapon.

Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Suicune also usually doesn't have Ice Beam. It usually has Calm Mind, Surf, Roar and Rest. And WHY are you talking about Extrasensory? You're talking as if Suicune would have 3 different attacking moves when it would only, ideally, have ONE. It's even more of a stupid move to put on Suicune than Ice Beam when Rest is highly superior.

I'm sorry, but I will laugh my girly little @$$ off the day I see a Calm Mind Cune using Extrasensory. :lol:

Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Electivire, (I said that) Tangrowth, (Ice Beam) Thunderpunch dragonite, (WHO THE **** WOULD USE DRAGGY AGAINST SUICUNE FOR GOD'S SAKE?) Roaring away raikou means taking a stab super effectie hit, (You can just switch out, or LOL at it if you have >2 CMs) Ice beam would only hit leafeon after a physical stab super effective hit because suicune is slower. But it can survive a leaf blade and OHKO.
Heck if it switches into a dragon dance, I'm not sure it'll survive a run in with OU dragons. Also Suicune is heavy I think, so grass knot does extra. Taunt Gyrados is rampant that stops whirlwind and calm mind. Also focus punch goes before roar so prediction there is dangerous. Fine.

Scarf Gallade can leaf blade too. (I totally forgot about that) Medicham is often packing thunder punch. (But still, Max Def Sui can survive it)

I also have a secret anti calm mind weapon. O HAI, TAUNT LURVEZ JA

The Jonatron wrote:

Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:36 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

FaceLess wrote:
Electivire, (I said that) Tangrowth, (Ice Beam) Thunderpunch dragonite, (WHO THE **** WOULD USE DRAGGY AGAINST SUICUNE FOR GOD'S SAKE?) Roaring away raikou means taking a stab super effectie hit, (You can just switch out, or LOL at it if you have >2 CMs) Ice beam would only hit leafeon after a physical stab super effective hit because suicune is slower. But it can survive a leaf blade and OHKO.
Heck if it switches into a dragon dance, I'm not sure it'll survive a run in with OU dragons. Also Suicune is heavy I think, so grass knot does extra. Taunt Gyrados is rampant that stops whirlwind and calm mind. Also focus punch goes before roar so prediction there is dangerous. Fine.

Scarf Gallade can leaf blade too. (I totally forgot about that) Medicham is often packing thunder punch. (But still, Max Def Sui can survive it)

I also have a secret anti calm mind weapon. O HAI, TAUNT LURVEZ JA
Surviving one hit is neat, surviving two is what counts. No mater what move set you use, you at least need calm mind for a lot of reasons, and often times will need rest, all in all...you can't have enough moves slots to take out these pokemon and stay alive very long.

Leafeon can survive a non boosted ice beam and 2hkos, that's a win one on one. The dragonite, was a funny story. I made it confusing with the dragon dance comment I made. Beside that he Also can survive an unboosted ice beam, and any subtractions from hp and def on you part for the evs to knock him our are tough.

You keep saying survive as though ohko was the only way to take him out.

Tons of sweepers run a 2hko risk, and a lot of them you Need to spend at least one turn calm minded to hit them hard.

You were the one who suggested roaring against Raikou, don't blaime me if it was a stupid idea.

The biggest problem the pokemon faces is lack of moveslots. It needs roar for some, ice beam for some, surf for most, absolutely needs calm mind, and could definately use rest.

You can come up with a suicune that can counter specific kinds of pokemon easy gnaaye, but you have to admit that to do so you'll have to create a different weakness.

Thanks for acknowledging some of my points.

Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next